You really do get what you pay for at Catalonia Punta Cana; a relatively affordable family vacation at a fixed price with no surprises. Great for families or couples. We had 2 rooms (same floor, next to each other was no problem) and upgraded to the "priviledged" section putting us closest to the beach. Had breakfast and lunch at the priviledged buffet (same food, just closer to rooms) and walked to the front of the resort for dinner at the themed restaurants and nightly show.
The resort is showing it's age in places but was clean and secure. The service was excellent and any problems in the room were quickly attended to. Some safety concern over the electrical wiring in the room. The bedside lamps, clock, and TV are all "hard-wired" into an electrical outlet without insulators or electrical tape. Be aware, if you need bedside electrical outlets, there are none; take your own extension cord. The maintenance crew were very nice to "make" us an extension cord that we ran to the bathroom.
The AC in one of the rooms did not cool or reduce the humidity as well as the other but the celing fan made up for it. Just go to the beach for a breeze! The grounds are mature and very well maintained; plenty of lighting and chairs on the beach. No need to "save" shaded chairs. The staff at the Dive Shop were professional and we enjoyed several dives and excursions with them. The food was average but with plenty of selection; the Italian restaurant was the best. Bar service was okay but the "Dominican" brand vodka is awful; stick with rum or tequila. Our maids were the very best, leaving flowers and special items each day. Tip them well the first day; I took samples of hand lotion, Tylenol, soaps and shampoo ect. to leave with a note of "Gracias" each morning.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A magnificent hotel resort with exclusive, white sandy beaches, crystalline Caribbean waters, palm trees lining the coast and abundant vegetation throughout the complex. Coral reefs along the beach allow guests to enjoy the rich marine life of the Caribbean Sea. It is located in Playa Bavaro (Punta Cana), one of the best beach areas in the Dominican Republic. The complex is situated 20 km from the International Airport of Punta Cana and 47 km from Higuey. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Booking.com, Orbitz, Otel, Agoda and Odigeo so you can book your Catalonia Bavaro Beach, Casino & Golf Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Catalonia Bavaro Beach Hotel
- Catalonia Punta Cana
- Catalonia Bavaro Beach Golf & Casino Resort
- Catalonia Bavaro Punta Cana
- Punta Cana Catalonia Bavaro
- Catalonia Bavaro Beach Resort
- Catalonia Bavaro Resort Punta Cana
- Catalonia Hotel Punta Cana
- Catalonia Resort Punta Cana
- Catalonia Bavaro Hotel