“Amazing location and food combined” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #10 of 154 Restaurants in Punta Cana
Cuisines: Sushi, Italian, Seafood, International
Description: Located at the beautiful Caleton Beach Club, La Palapa restaurant opened in 2003, becoming the first restaurant opened at the Cap Cana residential resort. After experiencing an interesting renovation, La Palapa by Eden Roc, began operations in September 2010, under the management of Solaya Hotels & Resorts, a private firm dedicated to developing luxury hotel projects, which operates the Caleton Beach Club, a private beach club in Cap Cana. Solaya Hotels & Resorts' premier property is Eden Roc at Cap Cana, the first Relais & Chateaux property in the Dominican Republic.Immediately after its first renovation, the new La Palapa by Eden Roc fascinated visitors with its unique proposal of pastas, fresh sauces, homemade bread, fish and seafood. La Palapa by Eden Roc is ideal for those who enjoy the authentic cuisine, where each dish is perfectly executed incorporating fresh seasonal products, without losing the simplicity, in a casual, elegant and relaxed ambiance. La Palapa by Eden Roc is a place to enjoy the best cuisine and the beautiful views of the Caribbean Sea. More recently, La Palapa by Eden Roc has been completely renovated by introducing a new Sushi Bar on the terrace of the restaurant with the creations of one of the most talented local Sushi masters. The access to the restaurant La Palapa by Eden Roc is free to the general public. For weekends and special nights, we recommend booking a table in advance. The use of facilities Caleton Beach Club (beach, pool) is reserved for members or visitors who have purchased an access pass.
Birmingham, Alabama
“Amazing location and food combined”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2013

The restaurant is nestled between Punta Espada Golf Course and Eden Roc at Cap Cana Hotel Beach Club. The surroundings are amazing, the setting is open air and perched close to a point overlooking the ocean and a small inlet with clear blue water and a small white sand beach, while the other side is rocky with waves crashing against. The service was impeccable while the wine selection was vast and the food was mucho excellente! I will definitely return here if I am ever back in the Dominican Republic!

Visited April 2013

Allentown, New Jersey
“Pick your own fish”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2013

Earlier in the day I was casting for some fish near the restaurant and a waiter came out and handed me some fresh squid for bait and offered to cook my catch. I had no luck with the catch but was rewarded with an excellent meal later. My friends and I walked over from the Caleton Villas for dinner. The location is perfect, overlooking the sea and oriented for a nice sunset. After we were seated I noticed some fresh fish on ice. When I went over to look, the chef came out and explained what they were and how he could prepare them for us. Two of us decided to share a fresh snapper. After having some perfect drinks, we were served a very fresh salad. Our fish arrived after the salad. They had cooked it whole with fresh herbs and fresh vegetables. Our waiter prepared it at a side table by removing the skin and carving out two servings without bones The entire dish was excellent. Two others in our party ordered steak and were very happy. All in all it was a top-notch restaurant with timely, friendly, and expert service. This would get 5 stars anywhere, probably should get 6 in the DR.

• Visited April 2013
Newark, New Jersey
“Great food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2013

Everything I ordered here was awesome. The food was excellent and the waiter Johnafly and assistant food and beverage manger made sure my guest and I was treated like a queens. The dessert was to die for and it's the best restaurant on the island.

Visited April 2013
“Deep impact! Great service and atmosphere!!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2013

We just came back from Easter week, and our fam enjoyed this stunning place with the best food ever. I have to say the service was EXCELLENT though.
Not to be missed !!! I would recommend this delicious and service oriented place. LA PALAPAS!!! :)

• Visited March 2013
Miami Beach, Florida
“beautiful setting, very good food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2013

La Palapa is a very cute restaurant, place in a wonderfull beach, we went for dinner and lunch, and the food was very good, service fine, drinks and wines perfect. A little pricy but, you are paying the location. Excellent pastas and risottos. You must make reservations on week ends specially at lunch is always full.

• Visited February 2013