“Thai is the real deal” 5 of 5 stars

1-829-898-4479
Improve this listing
Ranked #9 of 153 Restaurants in Punta Cana
Cuisines: Asian
Good for: Families with children, Romance, Special occasions, Entertaining clients, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Description: Balicana is located in the middle of green gardens, where you can enjoy the typical flavors of Asian cuisine, prepared at home using fresh ingredients, in an intimate place where joy of food is priority.
New Brunswick, Canada
“Thai is the real deal”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2014

Brilliant evening. We heard rumours that this was a great place so all trouped in. My veg green curry was fragrant and the table looked so interesting with all the colours. No one was disappointed. It got very busy by 9.30 so don't leave it too late. Good service, real taste. Don't miss a night here.

Visited March 2014

Toronto
“Peaceful Atmosphere, Good Portions”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2014

Here’s a tip for this restaurant: don’t go on your last night in town – there is so much food that you *will* have leftovers! We over-ordered and got appetizers but the entrees were plenty big enough that we didn’t need to get the apps. Everything was tasty and the atmosphere is great, a quiet little place tucked in the corner of paradise. It is a bit pricier than some other places we ate at, but for the amount of food you get it could easily be 2 meals for the price of 1! Our order of 2 appetizers, 4 entrees, 4 cocktails, and 7 beers, the total was 4190 pesos. Still pretty good compared to prices in a typical Toronto restaurant!! This place is worth it just for the peaceful environment, and the food just made it better.

Visited May 2014
Wiltshire
“Green Curry”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2014

Excellent Thai food just had to try it as it's my big thing. Thai green curry can be vastly different and this was delicious. Served quickly and seated around the pool, it was a nice evening spent with friendly people.

Visited March 2014
Toronto, Ontario
“Great food, reasonable prices, lovely atmosphere”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2014

My sister and I visited Balicana last night for dinner. When we arrived around 7:30 we were only the second table, but by the time we left around 9pm the restaurant was almost full. We had a beautiful spot by the pool.

The food here is delicious and comes out fairly quick. Our waiter, whose name I unfortunately don't know, was super! Really friendly and always on top of things... great service. We ordered two apps - chicken satay and veggie spring rolls - and both were yummy. I ordered fried rice with beef tenderloin and my sister ordered the veggie wok with chicken. Large portions but delicious, and I was able to bring my leftovers home for lunch. For dessert we got the cheesecake roll - highly recommend. I wish we had each gotten two! Crispy wonton filled with cheesecake and baked apple pieces, rolled in cinnamon sugar and served with coconut ice cream. A bargain at only 150 pesos!

All in all reasonable prices and great food. Definitely recommend.

PS. They are open 7-11pm for dinner, so don't go too early or too late!

• Visited May 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Punta Cana, Dominican Republic
“Excellent food for great prices”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2014

I used to visit Balicana with my wife twice at month, I can confirm their food and services area tremendous. The prices are liable and you get into a very quiet environment.

• Visited May 2014