“Awesome family vacation!!” 4 of 5 stars

Save Saved
You added The Reserve at Paradisus Palma Real to your Saves list
Expedia.com Booking.com
The Reserve at Paradisus Palma Real
5.0 of 5 Resort (All-Inclusive)   |   Playa de Bavaro, Punta Cana 23000, Dominican Republic   |
Special Offer
Up to $1500 Resort Credit
Ranked #2 of 101 hotels in Punta Cana
Surf City, North Carolina
“Awesome family vacation!!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

We stayed at The Reserve for 5 days last week. Our family concierge Estefania was wonderful. Our room was clean, spacious with a balcony with palms and pool view. The property was beautiful. The beach has cabanas by reservation, which we had everyday. Oneida, Ramon and Mark took really good care of everyone on The Reserves beach. If you are planning on golf while staying consider FedEx your own clubs, club rentals were not well maintained at all. I will agree with another reviewer that the food was so so. The grill by the pool was great and room service was great. The buffets not so much. My family enjoyed breakfast best of all. We would definitely consider The Reserve for our next family vacation and invite friends.

1,830 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (457)
Saddle River, New Jersey
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

I am writing this review while still staying here. I was really disappointed by the family reserve. They say a lot about having personal concierge, but it's hard even to get hold of them,
We had cockroach in our room and someone showed up to clean it after 3 reminders and more than an hour. We had a 8 month old baby and she crawls and tries to eat everything.
The palma real mall is very very unsafe. Our iPhone 5 got stolen. The zipper of our bag was open when we came back to our room.
Overall we are having a bad vacation and have decided not to come back to this place and also warn our friends.

Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Halifax, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

This review is a bit late. We stayed at the Reserve for 10 days, in March. This was our second time here. I cannot say enough about this resort! It is our home away from home! We are already planning on going back really soon! We miss the people and place that much!

First of all I would like to thank Victor Medina our amazing and truly wonderful friend! He is THE most fabulous concierge person at the resort. He goes above and beyond to make you truly happy and comfortable. My hubby might have drove him nuts, Victor would understand! but if he can put up with my hubby and his crazy antics then I must say he is one remarkable man! Victor, Ron says 3 times Aqua! Hahahahaha! He did so many special things for us that we just were blown away! One day we came back to our room after a wonderful day by the pool/beach and found a note on our door for our daughter Faith, saying there was a special surprise for her in the room. There we found the Jacuzzi filled with bubbles and balloons and a special treat for her! She LOVED it! then another night we came back and there was our special note for my husband and me for our special Jacuzzi with treats and champagne! So romantic and amazing! We love Victor and think of him as a dear special friend who we really miss!

The staff at the Hydro grill were also outstanding! We would like to thank, Julian he was so fun and a hard worker, I am sorry I forget the others names, but each and everyone that works around the pool and the Hydro grill went above and beyond making sure we were happy and taken care of ... Thank you!

The ladies at the Yhi Spa, well I can't say enough about them too! Beautiful people, so kind and caring. It is so clean and beautiful and amazingly tranquil! My favourite place in all of the resort! I wish I remember the lady's name that gave me my massage. She was super kind, and so helpful and knowledgeable with the products I bought. Best massage yet that I have received! that says a lot! I am picky!

The pools are crystal clear and clean, as well as the grounds and beautiful gardens that surround the entire resort. The carts take you to the beach, which really don't take more than 2 minutes to get there. And if you complain about this, then don't! sit back, enjoy the ride and scenery and relax with the breeze and lushness of the grounds that pass you by! The beach is just gorgeous and there is always plenty of chairs to sit.

We have never had a problem with getting sick here! Every resort and place we have visited in the Caribbean I have gotten sick. I have IBS and have to watch what I eat. We have been away to 11 different places and here twice, not Once getting sick! that is amazing! The food is so fresh, good and made wonderfully! The buffet breakfast, lunch and dinner are all to everyone's liking. If you can't find something to eat here and enjoy, well then maybe you should stay home! Cause there is a selection for all! The drinks alcoholic and non are above what any other resort offers! They are made with premium liquors. The way they are made is with time and effort and you can't go wrong with what you get! Enjoy! The restaurants are all amazing and the food is prepared just perfect. If you don't like something, you can ask for something else on the menu, but I am sure you will enjoy it! The service in the restaurants is just amazing!

The rooms are super beautiful! So spacious, kept impeccably clean and have all the necessities that anyone needs! They smell so fresh and wonderful! The beds are super comfortable! we had an issue with the TV's not working. One phone call was made, and they were fixed! that was all that was wrong with our room! how great is that!

Well we miss our home away from home and Victor and all the wonderful staff and friends we made there! We can't wait to see you soon! xo :)

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Richmond, Virginia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

The resort is beautiful! The grounds, the staff, the suites, the pools and the beach are exceptional! But that is where the vacation ends. The food is not up to par for a pricey resort and don't even think about getting a decent glass of wine. The best kept secret is the champagne bar. The teenagers loved the endless buffets and ice-creams but the adults were disappointed in the quality of food. In addition, it was hard to obtain reservations at the different restaurants that were not buffets. More attention needs to be given to training bartenders, upgrading the food and beverage list.

Room Tip: The 2 bedroom master suite ensures that you have connecting rooms with family. I heard other guests...
denver, colorado
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago NEW

We are a family of 4, 2 boys ages 9 and 11 that traveled March 30-April 5, 2014. We chose the Family Concierge and are very glad that we did and would highly recommend it. Andy was our concierge and he was wonderful! He booked all of our dinners, he made sure we were situated on the beach with our beautiful cabana and even set up a snorkeling excursion for us to enjoy. We were in room 5321, a family suite which was on the top floor with views of the pool and grounds, best of all it was quiet.

We would also like to single out a few of the Reserve employees. Felipe Contreras at the pool bar was always there with a smile and a wonderful cold drink. Abraham at Market Grill was wonderful with the children and always greeted us with great service. The food was good, not great at all the restaurants, but we really enjoyed Mole and Mizu.

I would also agree with other TA reviewers and suggest bringing lots of one dollar and five dollar bills. Even though this is an all inclusive resort, tips are suggested and greatly appreciated by the staff. For our concierge, Andy, we gave him approximately $15 per day for all that he did for us and we gave the housekeeper $5 per day.

Lastly, if your room phone rings and it is someone from the resort stating that they have a gift for you in the lobby, don't go unless you want to sit through a time share presentation. Overall, a great vacation and would definitely return.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Rafael T, General Manager at The Reserve at Paradisus Palma Real, responded to this review, 6 days ago
Dear guest,

At The Reserve at Paradisus Palma Real our devoutness is to provide a quality service level beyond our guests’ expectation.

I appreciate your comments to the friendliness, dedication and hard work demonstrated by Andy Constante. Thank you for extending us your valuable comments.

I am looking forward to host your next stay in this paradise.

St. Louis, Mo
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

My husband and I just spend 5 wonderful nights at the Reserve, in a beautiful ground floor suite with a an amazing private garden patio that led right to the pool. The privacy of these rooms is wonderful. The Reserve tends to be for families but was also perfect for couples that wanted some quiet and privacy. The main resort always seemed more crowded and loud. It was nice to come back to the Reserve pool area in the afternoon to just chill out. We never felt that the children over ran the pool area at all. There were so many places to lounge around the pool and areas that you never had trouble finding a spot.
The Hydro Grill lunch was excellent (especially the shrimp ceasar salad) the staff--Carlos and Raul were very attentive and we never waited for drink. We always bring $1 and $5 and tip during our stay --- a few dollars goes along way with the staff and they are very appreciative---but never expect a tip.
I have to mention Carlos Pena-- entertainment director-- he made everyone feel special and welcome and we had a great time, playing fun black-jack, and taking a mixology class.
We really enjoyed breakfast every morning at Gabi Club-- and Ricardo always greeted us with a smile and remembered how we liked our coffee and which juice we liked. Having 4 restaurants just for the Reserve is great-- we also had a great meal at Mizu.
I must say that at first I was skeptical of the distance to the beach---but the walk to the beach only took about 6-7 minutes and it was liking walking thru a botanical garden, absolutely beautiful. We did find that going to the main lobby was the easiest way to get a golf cart if you wanted one. The pool and beach area for the Reserve was large and the beach loungers were the best at the resort--with lots of palapas for shade. Service on the beach was good for us--Julian and Gabriel. We did bring insulated mugs-- drinks lasted longer and you could get a double right away.
We also had a very good steak dinner at Market Grill, and dinner at Vento was good too. The beach party was fun--Andy our waiter could not have been better. Buffet was cold due to wind, but not much you could do about that.
We really enjoyed the live music every evening at Avenue Bar--- it was nice to sit outside in the courtyard and have an after-dinner drink and dance.
Lastly our concierge Victor was wonderful and took really good care of us. I would recommend this resort to anyone looking for fun and relaxing vacation spot.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear guest,

Thank you for taking the time to post this wonderful review about your recent stay with us. Positive comments such as yours serve as a great motivation for all of us.

I appreciate your compliments to the friendliness and dedication demonstrated by our team. I will gladly pass your comments to them.

Our biggest satisfaction is to know that all your expectations were exceeded and that you will return to this paradise.

Best regards,

New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

My wife, my two girls and I had a wonderful experience also this second time at the reserve. The kids club is fantastic and all care gives are great. Our kids loved it. We also enjoyed the pool, beach and tennis facicilitie. The tennis pros Andy and Carlos are great. The service staff overall is very friendly and helpful, eg Octaviano, Julio and Angela. We very much appreciate the privacy and smaller scale of the reserve area. The food in most restaurants was excellent.

Review collected in partnership with Melia Hotels International

Dear guest,

First of all, I would like to thank you for posting such a wonderful review about your recent stay with us.

I am glad to know that you have had a great experience in our property. Thank you for your compliments our staff, especially to Andy, Carlos, Octaviano, Julio and Angela. We are aware that it is thanks to our great team that we can accomplish our goal, the total guests’ satisfaction.

Our biggest satisfaction is to know that all your expectations were exceeded and that you will return in the near future.

Best regards,

Paradisus Resorts Punta Cana

Been to The Reserve at Paradisus Palma Real? Share your experiences!