“Most Memorable Family Anniversary Experience” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Reserve at Paradisus Palma Real

You added The Reserve at Paradisus Palma Real to your Saves list
The Reserve at Paradisus Palma Real
5.0 of 5 Resort (All-Inclusive)   |   Playa de Bavaro, Punta Cana 23000, Dominican Republic   |
Ranked #4 of 102 Hotels in Punta Cana
West Palm Beach
“Most Memorable Family Anniversary Experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 1, 2013

Just completed a long planned family trip to celebrate our parents anniversary. the age ranges were from 4 to 93 and right off the top it must be mentioned that a wonderful week was had by all. From the moment we arrived we were greeted by warmth and caring, a snese that the staff truly wanted our trip to be memorable. They succeeded.
The grounds were well kept, lush and constantly maintained. The rooms were large, functional and kudos to the entire housekeeping staff who spent more time in my room throughout the day than my housekeeper at home.
As the reserve is a Family resort I had concerns that there would be constant noise and a quiet spot might be elusive. How wrong I was. At many resorts I have visited it is imperative that you rush out early in the morning to reserve a chair, especially if you require shade. That is so not necessary at the Reserve. The layout of the grounds and especially the pool areas provides an abundance of quiet nooks to relax and a wide variety of seating accommodations to relax in. If you wander away from the main pool area one can find spaces where you believe you are completely alone. Quite an accomplishment at a Family Resort.
The restaurant choices were many. From buffets to sit down.with varying themes. The Gabi Beach Restaurant was incredible and I only wish I had the time to return there. Kudos to Wilson our waiter who made the experience all the more enjoyable.
If I may mention my only concern. In select cases, especially at the buffets, there was in evidence a lack of a working knowledge of English. It would seem at a resort with a large English speaking clientele that part of there training would be to ensure an ability to communicate effectively. This did not alter the fact that I had a wonderful time and would certainly return. Simply an observation.
In conclusion, allow me to say without hesitation that the efforts of Victor Medina went a long way in ensuring the success of our trip. He went above and beyond to be sure all details were taken care of. Not only did he make our reservations, but he escorted us to out chosen restaurant, saw that we were seated promptly, and returned to see that all went well. As the face of the Reserve, in Victor you have a wonderful ambassador.
You can be proud of the entire facility and I hope to return and will highly recommend it to others. Thank you for a wonderful vacation

Room Tip: We were in room 5012, it is on the 2nd flr just above the buffet and entertainment. should you have...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (669)
  • Polish first
Newark, New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2013

Our vacation was wonderful as it's expect from the Melia Hotels. It was our first time at The Reserve. The room we stayed at was beautiful but I have to say the room service needs some improvement. We called for room service and no one picked up. Also, one of the days that we were there our room was not cleaned.
I like to thank Gabriel Dalusma, Francisco Estrella y Raulin Cordero for making our time at the beach wonderful, Juan Suarez and the waitress for a wonderful service at the Naos and Juan DeDios for a great dinning experience, William Javier at the Gabi and Carlos Vazquez, bellboy.
I'm forgetting the names of some people, such as the waitress at the Naos, but I have to say they were all great, friendly and helpful people.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
NY
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2013

My family and I booked a vacation to stay at the Reserve earlier this year. Upon arrival the grounds looked lush, fertile and green. The check-in process was painless and the reception staff was professional. The issue arose when one of the staff members assigned to us "a concierge employee" of sorts presented herself. Dalmy De La Rosa was condescending and said inappropriate and unprofessional things to us and our children. She was also unrelenting when it came to following us around the resort in an effort to try to get us to purchase a time share. She dangled promotions that were not relevant to us and said and indicated things that seemed dishonest. There were many "off the record" comments which made us feel uncomfortable and further underscored her lack of professionalism and hospitality skills. She even had the arrogance to say something rude to my young child. It was far easier to make our own reservations, and the concierge was professional and more than happy to assist us with the arrangements. Dalmy provided no added value whatsoever, in fact she was a detriment to the experience. With regard to our room there were small insects everywhere that even got into our bags. This was disturbing and made the room unpleasant. If not for that, the room would have been acceptable and spacious enough for our needs. There was an abundance of mosquitos, so keep your room doors closed at all times. We were eaten alive. On a positive not most of the restaurants were acceptable and the spa and pools delivered as described. The ambience, ground maintenance and overall cleanliness of the common area were as you would hope and expect, which was comforting. Room service was an added plus and came when ordered. This place has the potential to deliver so much more, but the lack of professional with regard to that employee coupled with the pest management issue really marred the experience.

Room Tip: Be sure to close your doors so that you don't get eaten alive by mosquitos.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Summit, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2013

Facilities, pools,fitness center, beach were wonderful and beautiful. People in general very friendly and helpful. A few issues with spotty TV and internet service which were promptly addressed by Genero, Guest Service Manager and Victor, our Guest Service Concierge who greatly facilitated our stay and was always available with a smile and grace to meet our every need and coordinate the dining experiences for our large family group. Without him would not have been the same wonderful experience

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Rafael T, General Manager at The Reserve at Paradisus Palma Real, responded to this review, November 30, 2013
Dear guest,

It is truly a pleasure for me to learn that you enjoyed your stay with us and I sincerely appreciate your respects on the efforts and dedication demonstrated by Genaro and Victor.

Please consider The Reserve at Paradisus Palma Real as your second home in Punta Cana and we will be anxiously expecting your next visit.

Palm beach gardens
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 29, 2013 via mobile

Hotel is terrific. Had a great time with the entire family. Victor Medina with guest services is exceptional and provided an incredible experience for everyone. I would absolutely return to this hotel.

• Stayed November 2013
Dear Brian,

I would like to thank you for having shared your experience with future travelers.

I am glad to hear that you have been pampered by Victor Medina and that he went above and beyond in his effort to make your stay memorable.

Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 29, 2013

The hotel is very esthetically pleasing. The landscaping help made a lasting first impression. The room we stayed at was beautiful. Not only was there plenty of space, but the finishes were high-end, and the room was always immaculate. The staff: from bell service, waiters and waitresses, the maintenance staff, and last but not least, my concierage were nothing short of amazing. I want to specifically thank my concierage, Yenifer Valdez. Unfortunately I sprained my foot and was unable to walk. Not only did she ensure I was comfortable and well taken care of, she voluntarily took a cab into town to buy a wrap and crutches on my behalf. I truly hope she gets rewarded and recognized for her hard work and dedication to excellent service. She made what could have been a disastorous trip into a unforgettable one!

Fort Lauderdale, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 29, 2013

Our arrival at the hotel started with our names on the welcome board, tasty blue pina coladas, cold towels infused with cucumber and a friendly welcome by resort staff. We sat down at at the check-in desk and were greeted by our guest service staff for the trip, Dalliance. Let me know just say this... Dalliance was awesome. We was incredibly helpful and friendly throughout our entire stay. Dalliance helped us book our excursions, leisure activities, dinner reservations and anything else we needed. Ladizon Reyes checked us in, and was also a complete pleasure to meet. What a friendly guy! He would always find time to chit-chat with us, even in passing and was a super nice guy. During check-in, he offered us a very affordable room upgrade to the Private Garden View rooms. For anyone looking for extra privacy and romance, I certainly recommend this. For just a bit more each night, we received a private garden with dining area, chaise lounges, jacuzzi and private tiki hut with a bed.

The hotel was wonderful.. from the overall open-air property, to the landscaping and to the tranquility of the surroundings. We loved every minute of our stay at The Reseve. It was only a 10 minute walk to the main hotel, and golf-cart shuttles were readily available in case you wanted to cruise instead of stroll. There are private tiki hut beds and jacuzzis everywhere you turn. Beautiful flowers and landscaping at every turn, including waterfalls and dimly lit sculptures that accentuated each pathway.

The food was very good overall, however a few of the restaurants had mediocre food (Hydro Grill and Gabi Beach). Food was top notch at Bana, Mizu and Aqua!! They have a butternut squash soup at Aqua that was out-of-this-world! The buffets were also a pleasant surprise with a variety of food from fresh fruits, salads, ceviches, hot dishes, desserts, etc. We really enjoyed the experience dining at Mizu, as Andy Ramirez was an excellent Teppanyaki chef. He was extremely entertaining and even pulled my girlfriend up to cook for the group!! Our favorite experience was at Aqua. The food was outstanding and our waiter Julio was great!!! He was awesome actually! Anthony at Bana was very fun and made some great recommendations for dinner. The sushi chefs were also very nice! My recommendation for planning your dinners is to make your reservations well in advance so you can get the exact restaurant you want. We ran into some difficulty in reserving Vento during the same day.... and wound up having to eat at Bana, which turned out to be excellent anyways.

Everyone of the staff members knows a little bit of English, so it made communication for me a lot easier than expected. However, I do know quite a bit of Spanish (as I'm learn and pick up things easy), so that helped in communicating.

The Yhi Spa was truly outstanding. The facilities were impeccably clean and the variety of hydrotherapy activities were plentiful, from hot/cold jacuzzis, to massaging stone paths, to the massing jets for shoulders, abdominals and back muscles. My girlfriend and I got a couples massage by Ivelisse and Wendy. I kid you not, these were the best massages we have both every received in our lives. Muy tranquilo!!! The entire staff at the spa was very friendly and helpful as well including Johnny Leidy and Marlene Sevenno.

The beach staff was great as well... always attentive to our needs and ensured we were staying hydrated.

All in all, this getaway to The Reserve at Paradisus Palma Real was unforgettable and incredible. I recommend this hotel to anyone wanting to turn off the real world and escape to a heavenly tropical paradise. 5 STARS!

Room Tip: Worth the extra $30 USD per night to upgrade to a private garden suite. Extra privacy and extra tra...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Darren,

Thank you for extending us your valuable comments. It pleases us to know that we completely fulfilled your expectations on this trip.

I am sure this will be the first of uncountable great vacation at The Reserve at Paradisus Palma Real.

Paradisus Resorts Punta Cana

Been to The Reserve at Paradisus Palma Real? Share your experiences!