“5+ Stars Resort. True Paradise. BOOK the RESERVE !!! Worth every penny !” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Reserve at Paradisus Palma Real

Save Saved
You added The Reserve at Paradisus Palma Real to your Saves list
The Reserve at Paradisus Palma Real
5.0 of 5 Resort (All-Inclusive)   |   Playa de Bavaro, Punta Cana 23000, Dominican Republic   |
Special Offer
Up to 45% off
Ranked #3 of 100 Hotels in Punta Cana
New Britain, Connecticut
“5+ Stars Resort. True Paradise. BOOK the RESERVE !!! Worth every penny !”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2013

Shortly: The Reserve vs Paradisus. The Reserve is family oriented resort. Very specious, quiet with spectacular views and exotic design. Food is delicious. It is a walking distance to the beach. You can take the golf cart too. It is connected to the Paradisus resort which is located on the beach but is more cramped with people and space. Do NOT hesitate to book THE RESERVE, you will not regret it!!! FABULOUS resort. People are very polite and willing to help anytime. Great resort for families with small children. OH ! You do not need to get up in the morning to reserve your chair next to the pool because the resort have plenty of chairs free to take any time of the day. Children have their own pool and you will not see them in the adults pool. We will be back. Miss you the RESERVE. Thank You !!!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (625)
Newburgh, Indiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2013

Service was out of this world! The employees went out of their way to make it as relaxing and enjoyable as possible. From housekeeping and concierge to maintenance, restaurant staff and bartenders, everyone served with kindness and genuine joy. It was a pleasure to be their guests! Georges Alriche and Santo Morrero were especially kind as they worked hard on the beach making our time comfortable, relaxing, and blessed! Thank you men! You are blessings!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2013

My family and I stayed at The Reserve in early September. The staff at the hotel were all so friendly and helpful. They really made our stay the most relaxing and carefree vacation we've ever had. Norberto, our concierge, helped us make reservations for the restaurants the whole week of our stay and made sure we become familiar with the amenities of the whole resort. Our server at the Reserve (Alexander Ozuna) took such good care of us and made sure we had everything we needed every time he got the chance to serve us in the different restaurants at The Reserve. Our daughters (5 and 2 year old) loved the Kid's Club and had so much fun they didn't want to leave every time we came to pick them up. The staff (Natali and Nica) were amazing, they really took such good care of our kids and make this trip the most memorable experience our girls have ever had. Thank you so much for everything.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
NYC
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2013

I stayed at The Reserve back in late August and found the staff at this hotel to be the friendliest, most caring staff i have ever met on a trip. They were so friendly, and amicable, and sometimes, despite the language barrier, they were so willing to help. I went down with my 7 yr old daughter and our concierge Katherine immediately helped me the first night by combing my daughter's hair. But she also babysat her one night and handled all of our reservations and really made my daughter happy by simply having fun with her. I couldnt ask for a better experience for my daughter as we felt like Katherine was part of the family! and the last night, as a surprise, she filled up the jacuzzi with bubbles and balloons and my daughter had a blast in the tub. the smile on her face was priceless. And i truly made friends with Katherine as i enjoyed talking to her. I cant wait to go back down there, as the resort is beautiful, but having staff like Katherine truly makes it a paradise.

Also worth complimenting is the kids club staff, especially Alejandra. She too was such a great person for my daughter to spend time. You can see how she genuinely loved kids, and she was very creative, energetic, and affectionate with them. she also babysat my daughter one night, and my daughter had so much fun, she said it felt like a sleep over with one of her friends. they painted nails, played games, watched a dvd, etc.

Again, my daughter cant wait to go back down there, if only to see and spend time with Katherine and Alejandra again.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Boston
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2013

My family and I spent one week at the Paradisus Palma Real Reserve. The resort is absolutely beautiful! We stayed in a 2 bedroom suite overlooking the pool area and it was perfect for our family of 5. It was a short walk from the Reserve to the beach but shuttles were running constantly if you chose to take them. The beach itself was amazing. I myself liked the main resort which was busier than the Reserve and would probably choose that if we were to return. The Reserve was extremely quiet and low key, but that may just have been because of the week we stayed in June. My husband and boys however did prefer the winding pool area at the Reserve. We have stayed in all inclusives before and I must say that the food here was superior to anything else we have experienced. Loved the spa, the nightly entertainment, the restaurants, and the daily activities. Never felt that we had to leave the resort. There is plenty of activities here to choose from. Above all I felt that the service here was exceptional. Could not have asked for anything more. Our concierge staff which included Gabriel, Cristina, and Alejandra, were amazing and really made our stay here special. Also our night maid Julia and and Andy at the beach took very good care of us, as did Jose and Kimberly and restaurant Vento. We were all sad to say goodbye at the end of the week. Would certainly return.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Raleigh, North Carolina, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2013

Our family vacation at the Reserve at Paradisus Palma Real in Punta Cana, DR, was one of the best vacations we've ever had! I booked the hotel based on the wonderful reviews I had read on TripAdvisor, and I am so glad I did. The property is just beautiful, the rooms are amazing, and the staff is wonderful.

We traveled in August 2013, with a group of 6 - including my husband, our 6 year old son, my mother, and my sister and her boyfriend.

Rooms:

Upon arrival, we were escorted into the beautiful reception area and helped by a couple folks. There was some confusion as to what rooms were available - A couple weeks before, I had specifically requested via email a first floor room for my mother so she wouldn't have to climb any stairs (there are no elevators). I don't think this email ever got to the resort. However, there was 1 first floor room left, which she ended up taking. It was a bigger room, so she ended up with the upgrade charge, but it was worth it. My husband, son and I had gotten a family concierge room, so we were escorted to a separate area just for those who had a family concierge. We were given refreshments during check-in (including chocolate milk for our son), and then were escorted to our room. We had a second floor room the first 2 nights, and ended up upgrading to a swim-up room on the first floor on the 3rd day. I am not a big fan of changing rooms - it's bothersome to interrupt your day and have to pack up all your belongings and then unpack again in your new room. However - it was absolutely worth it!! The first floor swim-up rooms are incredibly spacious, and you have a private area right outside your door with 4 lounge chairs (2 covered under a little hut), and direct access to the pool. Our son loves the pool, so we spent a lot of every day swimming, and it was so convenient to have it right outside our door! We were in building 50, which was perfect.

Activities:

There are 2 properties - The Paradisus Palma Real (the "main" resort), and The Reserve at the Paradisus Palma Real. We were at The Reserve. You can take a golf cart back and forth between the properties. The main resort is on the beach, and the Reserve is behind the main resort - so if you want to spend most of your time at the beach, the main resort might be the better option for you. Most of the activities and restaurants are at the main resort as well. But it's only a golf cart ride away, which was really no trouble. There are tons of water activities you can participate in, and you can do private tours off site if you want. We had booked a private boating excursion before we arrived in the DR, so we didn't book anything there. (If you want to see the boat tour, look up Catamaran Tour Teresa - they are amazing!!) The Reserve is great if you want to spend most of your time at a pool, and are looking for a quieter place. They also have a kids club which was great. We only used the kids club for 1 night - our son wanted to go to the magic show. But the kids activities look great - I really thought we would use it more, but we had family with us that helped us out with child care for when my husband and I wanted to do something just for us. My mother and I got pedicures at the Spa, and they did a great job - the girls were so sweet. There is a shopping center which you can take a golf cart to from the property. It was ok - but I thought there would be more jewelry stores. We spent most days lounging at the pool with our son, and then some down time in the room, shower and dress for dinner, and then come back and get our son to bed, and then one of us would meet the other family members at the casino. The casino was small, but pretty fun. We mostly played table games. There are also night time activities - including a cirque de soleil show that my husband and I went to one evening on the beach. The performers were really good - but it started raining, so they didn't finish the show - but what we saw was very good. The great thing about this resort is that you can do as much or as little as you want. You can really make it your own.

Dining:

There are quite a few options for meals. There is a limited room service menu that you can get food almost any time you want it. At The Reserve, the restaurant right past the main lobby is a buffet which offers breakfast, lunch and dinner. The restaurants at the pools offer lunch and snacks during the day. For dinners, most the restaurants require a reservation - but we had the family concierge, who took care of all the reservations each day. The dinners were quite good for the most part - the sushi restaurant and the italian restaurant were great.

***If you are a foodie, and you want to have one of the most incredible meals you've ever had, you MUST eat at Passion. My husband and I love a great meal, and we have to say, this meal was one of the best we've ever had. Ever. Not only the meal, but just the experience. The concierge didn't miss a beat with greeting us, taking us to our table, and taking care of every detail during the entire meal. We did the tasting menu, and each course was just incredible. The plates were served to both of us at the same time, and then explained in detail. If you love food, you can't miss it. (There is a charge per person, but of course it was worth it.)

Family Concierge:

We had a fantastic concierge - Andy Constantine. I cannot say enough about him. After we checked in, he came to our room to introduce himself, and gave us a tour of the entire property. Its really big, with the 2 resorts, so it helped us quite a bit to get the tour so we knew where everything was. Our son had a treat waiting for him every night after we got back from dinner, and on the 2nd day, we came back to a fully decorated room for his birthday. I hadn't even told Andy it was his birthday the week before, but he must have seen his birth date and decided to do something special for him. There was a cake with his name on it, and a plate of sushi - we had told Andy the day before how much our son liked sushi - and he remembered that and had sushi in the room for him. It was so great!! As for meals, Andy found us where ever we were during the day - at the pool, the beach, maybe somewhere for lunch - and he gave us the reservation information for dinner for that evening. We had a phone to reach him any time we needed. Andy was fantastic!

Notes:

The only negative things we could say - which were NOT bad at all, but worth mentioning:
1. The day we changed rooms, we had to pack up our things by 11:00, and then we didn't get in our new room until about 5:00 - so we were stuck without a room for a bit. But, the end result of the amazing swim up room was worth it.
2. The wifi was not completely reliable. We had issues with it a few times and had to call for someone to come fix it. But again, overall it was fine.

We would stay at The Reserve again if we come back to the Dominican Republic. We were impressed with the beauty of the resort and the friendliness of the staff.

Thanks for a wonderful vacation!

Room Tip: Building 50 at The Reserve was perfect - not too far from the main lobby (easy to walk to anything...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2013

My family and I recently returned from our vacation at the Paradisus Palma Real at the Reserve.
I must say our trip was perfect. We had booked through NJTravel.com and all of our accommodations were perfect.

In fact, on arrival we were graciously upgraded to a Master suite, which was a pleasant surprise.

We had the master suite family concierge, Room 5219 – which is on the 3rd floor (no elevators). It was huge. It actually had a jacuzzi on the large balcony and one in the bathroom. The shower is a 2-person shower with dual shower heads. The bathroom towels are more like bath sheets and they were always clean and white (no stains on these towels). The suite was very relaxing and quiet at night. Our view was of the pool. The resort has 24 hour room service with pizza on the menu. Yum. You can eat breakfast in the buffet or order room service for delivery the next morning. Yes, they have donuts. The rooms have a DVD player or you can get a hook-up for video games. They filled our frig every day, with what we requested.

The entire resort has this Zen ambience about it. There were incense candles throughout the resort, and spa like music played throughout.
The Reserve is basically a resort within a resort. To get to the main Paradisus Palma Real, you can take the golf carts and they ride you over. It only takes about 3 minutes or you can walk – about 3 blocks (max 10 mins.).

The resort is perfectly landscaped, super clean and is well laid out. We actually had the family concierge. This means that there is a dedicated person to handle all of your needs such as dinner reservations, savings chairs at the beach/pool. Every day there was a spot reserved for us (The Reserve has a special section on the beach and it’s own pool at the main resort) at the beach with our name on it. They do serve drinks on the beach and poolside also.

The restaurants and food was very good with a huge assortment. The entertainment was good, they usually start at 9:45 to 10:00. We like the LeCique show the best. The Michael Jackson show was pretty good too. The casino opens at 7pm and you can use your coupons there too. Once a week, they have vendors that come in to show off their garb. One of the best restaurants was Gabi Beach, it is free for Reserve guests. The food at the restaurant is higher quality. Another favorite was Vento.

Everyday our concierge, Caesar had something special waiting for our son in the rooms every day. One day it was a bubble bath and balloons, another it was a scented pillow, another time it was a robe and slippers. The whole resort offers spectacular
service. It was not crowded and we felt like we had the pools to ourselves.

The spa is huge, as well. One of the largest spas I’ve ever experienced. Angela was my valet spa attendant and made sure my needs were met. You can use the coupons to get a discounted rate off of your spa.

I would recommend this to anyone looking for an upscale resort and some family time. There is also plenty of activities for the kids and the kids camp is well staffed. They have activities for adults (i.e. candle making, bike riding and casino gambling lessons) too. You can participate in any of the activities at either resort.

There was some seaweed on the beach everyday but that’s just Mother Nature.
We will be sure to visit this resort again. Truly, I have no complaints.

Room Tip: If you want stress free get The family concierge service, it is worth it.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family

Been to The Reserve at Paradisus Palma Real? Share your experiences!