“Paradise in DR” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Reserve at Paradisus Palma Real

You added The Reserve at Paradisus Palma Real to your Saves list
The Reserve at Paradisus Palma Real
5.0 of 5 Resort (All-Inclusive)   |   Playa de Bavaro, Punta Cana 23000, Dominican Republic   |
Special Offer
Up to 15% discount
Ranked #3 of 99 Hotels in Punta Cana
New York City, New York
“Paradise in DR”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2013

Before I start my review, let me say I spent several months reading the reviews on Tripadvisor on this resort, so I managed my expectations very well going into the resort. But, this place exceeded my expectations on every level.

Staff – exceptional customer service! From the time we check in, which was seamless, to check out. Almost everyone we encountered was very friendly, and not the, “let me be friendly because it’s my job friendly”, but the genuine friendliness.
We invested in family concierge and it was worth it. Our family concierge, Andy, was great. He helped us with every detail of our daily activities, which included restaurant reservations, reserving a chair on the beach and anything else we needed. When Andy wasn’t available, which was rare, the staff at the family concierge desk filled in the gap, so again exceptional customer service at the Reserve.

Grounds/Room – we had a ground floor room with an outside Jacuzzi and our own outdoor area. The room was clean and well decorated. In addition, the room was cleaned twice daily, which is great if you have kids. The Reserve is simply beautiful - it’s like walking through a botanical gardens. Walking around the grounds evokes a Zhen like feeling. There’s always soothing music playing in the background and a comforting aroma therapeutic smell in the air - walking throughout the Reserve was like an outdoor spa. I definitely noticed the Reserve was more exclusive than the main resort. The pools and restaurants were never crowed. At times, we felt like we had the entire pool to ourselves.
If you have kids, this place makes a family vacation much easier. If you have older kids, there are soo many activities, parents can truly relax and enjoy themselves. On a side note, we had several family and friends who stayed at the main resort and we visited their rooms- let me say, the Reserve was well worth it. The main resort rooms are not the same level or quality as the rooms in the Reserve.

Food/Restaurant – I’ve been to several all-inclusive resorts in my time, and usually the restaurants are average to below average. To my surprise the restaurants were very good. Don’t get me wrong, I wouldn’t compare them to Jean Georges, but they exceeded my expectations. We ate at Naos, Market Grille, Gabi Beach, Gabi club, and Bana – All good. But again, I went with modest expectations of the food. The service, as always, was exceptional. I tipped whenever possible, but I didn’t notice any change in behavior if I didn’t tip. But before you leave, get a bunch of small bills, the people here are great and they deserve a tip.

Beach – the beach was fine. There was an unusually high amount of seaweed, but other than that it was fine.

Nightlife – each day the resort provided evening entertainment. But there’s also the option of going to several clubs outside the resort, which we did.

The purpose of our trip was for my wife and me to renew our vows. The resort provided a romance coordinator, Yessica – She was great. She made the entire process simply. Kept us calm and handled all the small details. If you are considering a destination wedding – this is the place to have it. Your guest will be “wow’d”.

Overall, I highly recommend the Reserve. Everyone and I mean everyone that came with our party would like return to the resort.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Rafael T, General Manager at The Reserve at Paradisus Palma Real, responded to this review, August 26, 2013
Dear Guest,

I would like to express my gratitude for having shared your impressions on this trip. We have a commitment to provide quality service beyond our guests’ expectations; this definitely strengthens our philosophy of seeking the highest level of excellence.

I feel proud and grateful for your comments regarding Andy and Jessica , since it is thanks to our excellent team that we are able to accomplish our goal - the total satisfaction of our guests.

Please consider The Reserve At Paradisus Palma Real as your second home in Punta Cana and we will be anxiously expecting your next visit.

Paradisus Resorts Punta Cana

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (800)
  • Polish first
Montvale, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2013

We just returned from our 2nd visit to The Reserve & it was a great experience. In addition to the spectacular grounds, beautiful beach, very spacious rooms and relaxing spa, there were several people that made our stay top notch.

We were a group of 14 and our concierge, Sulenny Gil was amazing. She took care of our every need, including dinner reservations and golf. She searched us out, making sure that everything was to our satisfaction. At the beach, Fransecso Estrella was there every morning to reserve "our" chairs. We could rely on him even on the mornings we slept in. We always had chairs and towels for everyone in our group.

Jeffrey at the breakfast buffet made the best omelets we all ever had, even though we are from the diner capital of the world, NJ. In fact, we tried to get him to come home with us.

Overall, it was a great week & we only wish we could have stayed longer. Hopefully we can get back again soon.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
Rafael T, General Manager at The Reserve at Paradisus Palma Real, responded to this review, August 20, 2013
Dear Guest,

I am very proud to have received your impressions and I sincerely appreciate your respects on the efforts and dedication demonstrated by Sulenny Gil and Francisco Estrella, since is thanks to staff members like them that we are able to accomplish our goal-the total satisfaction of our guests. Please rest assured that your comments will be transmitted to the personnel involved.

Once more, thank you for extending us your experience and I look forward to welcoming you back again to your second home THE RESERVE.

Humble, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2013 via mobile

My wife, 5 year old daughter, and I stayed at the resort from 8/8/13 to 8/15/2013. The resort is absolutely gorgeous! We used our $400 Resort Credit and upgraded to a one bedroom Master Swim Up Suite. Jhoehny was instrumental in making this happen. If you have young kids, this is the way to go. Although the resort was at 100% occupancy, we had no problems finding good seats at the Children's Pool, unlike most All Inclusive Resorts that have the early 6am risers run toss towels over seats by the pool. I did notice this still occurs at the Paradisus Palma Real. The Reserve is the way to go.

The ladies that run the Kids Club do a fantastic job keeping the kids entertained, whether doing Arts and Crafts, games, or swimming. This is the first time our daughter actually asked to be dropped off at the Kids Club.

The golf carts are constantly available to shuttle you to the main resort, which is where the beach and majority of the restaurants are located.

The food at the Al La Carte restaurants is above average but served in European portions. If you have a Texas size appetite, order 2 Entrees. The only negative was the buffet at the Reserve. The majority of the food was not replenished and sat out until empty. However, the Pool Side Grill had good food. The buffets are unnecessary except for deserts.

The hotel offers a free shuttle to the Palma Real Shopping Mall. They have a great variety of clothing stores and a new nightclub owned by some rapper named Akon. It is the place all of the beautiful people hang out. For some reason, they wouldn't let me in.

We will definitely return next summer for another dose of relaxation!! My thanks to all of the hard workers at the Reserve!!

Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Rafael T, General Manager at The Reserve at Paradisus Palma Real, responded to this review, August 22, 2013
Dear Guest,

First of all I would like to thank you for having shared your impressions.I feel proud and grateful to hear that your experience with us left a memorable impression on you.

In The Reserve At Paradisus Palma Real Golf & Spa Resort we have a commitment to provide quality service beyond our guests’ expectations, and it is a real pleasure for me to hear that we have achieved our goal. This definitely strengthens our philosophy of seeking the highest level of excellence.

We hope to have the pleasure to host you again at this, your second home.

Miami, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2013

Great family vacation! I stayed for 7 days and wished I could stay for more. The kids had a blast in the kids pool area. Great hospitality and service. The Dominicans are very friendly and prided themselves on excellent service. For example, our bartender Diego Gonzalez made our trip very memorable. He made us laugh and always went out of his way to bring our drinks and snacks to us by the pool. I totally recommend this hotel to anyone that is considering on going and especially if you have small children.

Dear Janet T,

I would like to thank you for your valuable comments. It is a pleasure for me to hear that you had a memorable stay with us due to the effort and dedication demonstrated by our bartender Diego Gonzalez.

We will be waiting your next visit at this, your ¨home away from home.

Fanwood, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2013 via mobile

This was an amazing vacation in every respect. The Reserve at Paradisus Palma Real is a beautiful resort and the staff is exceptional. This was admittedly our first stay at an all-inclusive resort, so I have no basis for comparison, but I truthfully can't imagine it being any better than it was. I booked the entire vacation on CheapCaribbean.com, which worked out to give us the best deal, and everything went smoothly in that respect. From the minute we stepped into the resort we were treated extremely well (by the way, we went there for a wedding and our entire group had the same experience). I know that their staff is trained in customer service, but I never felt that anyone was being accommodating and friendly just because it's their job; they were genuinely friendly and eager to make our stay a memorable one. I must mention the extra attention we received from the front desk manager, Lara Mendes; Emmanuel, who delivered and set up a beautiful breakfast table in our Master Suite; and Domingo, from Scuba Aquatic, who took me out on a free "discovery dive" (one of the highlights of my trip); among many others. Even the turn down service each night was more than what one would expect. The grounds of the resort are meticulously maintained, and the food was delicious. I could go on and on, but I think you get the point! I tried to think of some things that were negatives. To be picky, the Wifi reception was quite poor, there was no printer in the business center, the lighting in room was too dim (I heard more complaints from the females in my group about this), and the couches in the suite were oddly too firm (like rocks).

Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Dear Guest,

I would like to thank you for letting us know about your recent experience at our The Reserve At Paradisus Palma Real .

It is truly a pleasure for me to hear that you had a memorable stay because of the friendliness and attentiveness our staff.

Thank you for your valuable review and I look forward your next visit.

Ellicott City, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2013

Just got back. Went for 7 days with my family, kids 18, and 12 and stayed in the Family Concierge in the Reserve. We had a great time. Outstanding facilities and service, beautiful hotel. The staff was outstanding. Props to Andy and Sophia, our concierges, Roberto one of the waiters was super nice, Gilbert and 'James Cameron' :) were also very nice and always helpful...The restaurants were very good as was the evening entertainment. We enjoyed our excursions to Cap Cana (thanks Guibert and friends) and swimming with the dolphins as well. Well done' Eduardo' of Olympus Travel. We are picky travelers and this was a top notch experience. Strongly recommend this resort to anyone looking for a great get away.

Room Tip: "The Reserve' gets you into everything and maximizes your service and dining opportunities.
Dear Guest,

Thank you for the time you took to share your experience with future travelers.
It is truly a pleasure for me to learn that we have fulfilled all your expectations in our effort to bring you a memorable stay. I sincerely appreciate your respects towards Andy, Sophia, Roberto, Gilbert and James.

We look forward to have the pleasure to hosting you again in the near future at this your home in paradise.

3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2013

Please allow me to start with the positives. The Resort decor is very impressive. When you arrive they have your name on a scroll, cool cloth and frosty drink for a refreshing cool off. The concierge assigned to us was great but unable to address the issues cited below.

Before I go into that, let me say for the record. I am one of the people who feel trip advisor is valuable but there are some people who write reviews with unrealistic expectations or who seem to love being negative. I truly am not one of them.

Negatives: upon checkin they try to upsell you on a different room (even though we already had the mid-level room in the "upper resort"), mold in the shower, housekeeping staff was nice but horrible. Initially we thought they had around the clock service-however we were wrong. We found this out because they did not restock our beach towels, wash cloths, soap or empty our trash. We notified them before going to dinner (about 8pm or so) & was told they would. Meanwhile, upon our return we noticed they came in for turndown added beach towels and nothing else. We called about 11pm and was told no one was available to bring wash cloth and soap but it would be done first thing in the morning. Not! I spoke with two different managers at the resort on all the different issues and promises were made but... well you know.

Here's the bottom line. While this resort is nice. It should not be considered 5 star at all. The service level is mediocre at best on common sense issues. If I were to return I'd stay at Paradisus -not The Reserve as it is not worth it. If you are seeking an extra level of service consider "The Royal Service" at The Paradisus. That's where you will probably spend most of your time anyway as it is where the beach and a majority of all activities are.

• Stayed August 2013
Dear Guest,
Thank you for having taken the time to air your concerns after having stayed with us.

I deeply regret to learn that your stay with us was not up to what you expected. Exceeding the expectations of our guests and offer truly exceptional experiences is our goal. We know that in order to achieve this it is necessary to provide good service and attitude. We will be attentive to the behavior of our staff so as to avoid situations that lead us away from our goal.

Your observations have been addressed to my managing team in order to fine- tune on improvement areas.

Paradisus Resorts Punta Cana

Been to The Reserve at Paradisus Palma Real? Share your experiences!