I traveled to Punta Cana with my boyfriend, his parents and our 3 year old son for one week in July. (13-20) This was our second time in Punta Cana but first time for my boyfriend's parents and our son. We chose The Reserve after reading all the good reviews it had for families and in particular families with small children.
We stayed in Building 53 and had a regular one bedroom suite. The room was fantastic!! It was beautifully decorated and spacious. We had asked for a king sized bed but they didn't have any so they joined two beds for us the same day. This worked out great for us. My son loved the huge bed. The jacuzzi on the balcony was great even though we only used it one time. The bathroom is large and the amenities are a nice touch. The mini fridge was restocked daily with water, beer and soft drinks.
Our concierge Dalmy was truly amazing. She was friendly and explained everything about the resort to us. She also made dinner reservations for the entire week. She always had answers to our questions and was always checking up on us to make sure we were ok and if we needed anything.
The pools were lovely. We went to them everyday. My son LOVED the kiddie pool. Breakfasts were awesome, you get a nice variety from the buffet. Room service breakfast was limited (bread, pancakes, fruit, coffee) but still nice. We ordered room service breakfast a few times because my son didn't like sitting still to eat at the restaurants. With room service he actually ate! The buffet lunches were equally yummy as were the dinners. The dinners with reservations were the best. All the food was tasty and delicious. We thoroughly enjoyed all our dinners at the different restaurants with one exception. The Mexican restuarant Mole we never got to taste because our food was just taking too long to come out. We had a reservation for 7:30pm and by 9:05 we still hadn't gotten our food. My son who gets cranky when he's tired started to cry loudly so we just decided to go. It was a shame because we really wanted to taste the food we ordered. On a positive note, our concierge did call us the next day to find out what happened. I liked that they did this because it shows they care about the service they provide their customers.
My boyfriend lost his camera while riding a golf cart and we reported it and they found it for us. I was shocked because on our first time to Punta Cana he lost a cell phone and never saw it again (at another resort). The only bad thing was that the memory card had fallen out so some of our pictures were gone. Not the resort's fault but we were so happy they found our camera. Just make sure when you ride the golf carts to check the seats to make sure you're not leaving anything behind :)
All the workers at the Reserve work really hard at what they do. They are all friendly and will greet you with a smile when they see you daily. We loved them all!
All in all everyone had a blast during this vacation. If you are looking for a place that caters to families The Reserve is the way to go. It's the best!
- Also Known As:
- The Reserve At Paradisus Palma Real Hotel Punta Cana
- The Reserve At Paradisus Palma Real Hotel
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Explore The Reserve, our new boutique resort within a resort, designed for those whose stay in a luxury suite is as important as sun, sea and sand. Including three pools and a la carte restaurants, YHI Spa and gym, Swim up Suites with direct access to the pool Family Concierge Suites. Take benefit of your stay at The Reserve and use its facilities and services as well as the ones in Paradisus Palma Real Resort. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Priceline, Booking.com, Expedia, Sol Melia Hotels and Resorts US, Amex, Travelocity, BookIt.com, Hotels.com, Cheap Tickets, Orbitz, Venere, Tingo, Otel and Jetsetter so you can book your The Reserve at Paradisus Palma Real reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.