“A great, relaxing vacation!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of The Reserve at Paradisus Palma Real

You added The Reserve at Paradisus Palma Real to your Saves list
The Reserve at Paradisus Palma Real
5.0 of 5 Resort (All-Inclusive)   |   Playa de Bavaro, Punta Cana 23000, Dominican Republic   |
Special Offer
Up to 35% discount
Ranked #3 of 98 Hotels in Punta Cana
GreenLeadersSilver level
“A great, relaxing vacation!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2013

My husband and I stayed at the Reserve for 1 week, and I must say, we were sad to come home! Upon our arrival, we were greeted with a welcome drink "Blue Paradise" to be exact. We booked our vacation through RCI, had a 1 bedroom Master Suite. Our room immaculate! Service was amazing, our mini bar was stocked on a daily basis by Juan Carlos Bautista. He did a great job; he knew that my husband and I preferred Presidente Light, and ensured that's what we got. We did have a reservation issue for the restaurants. On our first day, we made reservations for the whole week. The first night we went to eat at our first restaurant, our reservations were not in the system. However, Jorge Zorilla went out of his way, and made sure we ate at that exact restaurant that same night. He also booked the rest of our reservations for the other restaurants for the whole week, and gave us a confirmation. Every time he would see us walk by, he checked up on us to make sure everything was up to par, and it was. So thank you Jorge! The night life around the lobby was decent, but the bar tender, Raydin Delago, made up for it. He was always in a good mood, making sure my husband and I were having a good time. Anything we wanted, he made it; and strong!
My husband and I wanted fresh fried fish with plantains, and all we had to do was tell the chef. The next day, for lunch, that's exactly what we had; and it was delicious!
My husband and I ate at the Gabi, Gabi Beach, Aqua, Mizu, Vento, and Mole. Mole, the "Mexican Restaurant" was by far, our least favorite, wouldn't recommend it. Our favorite was the Gabi Beach, I had the stuffed chicken, my husband had Filet Mignon with Lobster, and it was an amazing dinner.
On our 2nd to last day, my husband lost his G-Shock watch in the pool. We reported it, and for sure, didn't think we would see it again. They even had the pool boys go into the pool and see if they could find it, but they didn't. Right before dinner, we went to the lobby to see if someone had returned it. The receptionist called security to see if they found anything, and they did! Security came with my husbands watch, and he was so happy!
Overall, we had a great vacation, and would definitely return to this resort!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Rafael T, General Manager at The Reserve at Paradisus Palma Real, responded to this review, July 28, 2013
Dear Guest,

I am glad to learn you have had a great stay with us and that you enjoyed our services and facilities. Our biggest satisfaction is to know that all your expectations were exceeded and that you will return in a near future.

The Reserve team is going to be more than glad to welcome you back for a next amazing vacation.

Paradisus Resorts Punta Cana

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (867)
  • Polish first
Palm Harbor, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2013

I had read other trip advisor reviews and had really high expectations of this trip so I was a little worried, it was BETTER then I could have ever imagined. An absolutely spectacular trip and Millie our concierge was AMAZING.... she made the trip so incredible with little notes and gifts at night for our daughter, if we were dining at a restaurant (which all were amazing five star eating for sure) not really geared towards our daughters love of mac n cheese, Millie would arrange it to be special made for us when we arrived. I have never experienced, and I go to All inclusive resorts every year in the Carribean, never has one been this spectacular. I even tried to extend the stay but unfortunately the resort charges are so much higher going direct then going through a air/hotel combo pricing. The price difference is almost 1/2 to do a air/hotel combo for anyone looking to go. Now we stayed at the RESERVE but got to use all the facilities on the property and all were maintained pristine. If I had one and it's a small one, but one negative comment is the language barrier is a little tough, especially for English people as they do not speak very good english. Mille did which was a huge plus for us, because anything we needed, we called Mille by the cell phone provided. If you plan to golf, take your own balls as they charge $4 a ball but the course is very very nice. Overall, this is a trip I would do over and over again, just Amazing!!!

Room Tip: I don't think you could get a bad room in the Reserve. They were spacious, well designed for cl...
Dear Guest,

It is a great honor to hear The Reserve was better than you could have ever imagined! is a real pleasure for us to learn we have provided quality service beyond your expectations!

I really appreciate your constructive observations about language barrier with the staff. We have a great task ahead of us concerning this issue. As a matter of fact, we provide intensive educational courses, including English classes, since we understand their importance in our continuous effort to improve the quality of customer service.

Thank you for preferring The Reserve at Paradisus Palma Real and we look forward to welcome you back in the near future.

new york city
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2013

Having only been to the Club Med in Punta Cana, we decided to try a different resort in this area, especially one that is rated very high to see the difference. I booked the air and hotel package through Expedia and apparently it was VIP.
The check in was smooth, although there was a little bit of a hustle to sell us a more expensive room. We did opt for a large one bedroom apartment with a private garden. This is a beautifully designed hotel located on a very nice property. In general, the service was excellent with all our requests responded to immediately. The reserve was quiet, so in the evenings we headed to the main hotel, Palma Real. There was quite a bit happening there with shows, bands in the main bar, restaurants and all. The a la carte restaurants were nice and a couple of them require long pants and closed shoes for men. We were assigned a guest services person, Dalliance, to take care of us during our stay. He was very nice and made reservations for us at a different restaurant every night at around the time we requested. There was some push to sell us club membership which we were not into and was somewhat off putting. However, everyone was very nice about it and soon it became a non-issue. The beach is beautiful, with white sand and many palapas and umbrellas. On a number of occasions, there was a shortage of towels.
The Reserve, though very nice and beautifully designed is showing signs of wear and tear, with stains on furniture and placemats that are unraveling. Also, there are not a lot of activities during the day at the Reserve or Palma Real. The dance and exercise classes were extremely basic, so I did not participate after the first time. The Volleyball net at the beach would come down between 12 and 3 in the afternoon, which made no sense. My husband and sons, 15 and 10, were not very happy about that. This is really a place for eating, drinking and some entertainment.
At the end, I do have to mention Jeffrey, the chef at the Reserve’s breakfast buffet, because he was extremely nice and accommodating. My younger son asked for crepes on the first day, they didn’t have the ingredients but the chef made sure to have it specially made for him every morning thereafter. Now, that is excellent service with a heart.

Room Tip: Rooms in the 4000 building have the most direct route to the beach.
Dear Guest,

Thank you for visiting us and for sharing your kind compliments! Knowing all your expectations were exceeded is our biggest satisfaction.

We cannot wait to welcome you back to the Paradise!

Montana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2013

I had planned a trip with girlfriends but ended up booking the wrong resort. It actually ended up being the right one. It turne in to my first solo trip and I had a great time. My room was beautiful, everyone was nice and I had a great time.

• Stayed September 2012
Dear Guest,

It is amazing to know that what could be an unfortunate experience (booking the wrong hotel) turned in to be a wonderful vacation.

Thank you for sharing your experience with us. We will be expecting your next visit in the near future.

Hamilton, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2013

We just returned and I can't say enough about this resort. I went with my husband and our three-year old daughter and it was fantastic.

What was great overall?
1) They staff are really exceptional. There is an amazing amount of people working there and everyone works hard to make your stay as easy and pleasurable as possible. In particular, I'd like to thank Wilkin Rosario and Josue Ruiz for their exceptional service. They worked hard at so many of our food services to make sure all of our needs were not just met, but exceeded!
2) I was amazed at how beautiful the place was. We called it our own little piece of paradise. We went down to the pool outside our rooms everyday and were always surprised that no one else was there. The resort was fully booked but we always found that there was a private pool and sun spot just for us. Plus everything is designed for your comfort. Bathrooms, shaded beds, towel service, drink service were all plentiful.
3) I loved how clean everything was too. Punta Cana is hot and sticky, but the resort cleaning staff worked around the clock to make sure everything was fresh and clean. Our room was spotless and the grounds outside were pristine.
4) The Reserve feels much quieter and more personally private than the bigger Palma Real resort. We kept remarking about how happy we were that we had chosen it. The Palma Real was nice to visit, but we breathed a sigh of happiness whenever we stepped back into the Reserve lobby and felt the quiet luxury surround us.

What was great for small children?
By the end of the trip, she was calling our room her "real home" and told me that she didn't want to go back to her "other home." I think that speaks volumes for how well this trip worked for her, but here are some additional thoughts:
1) Everything is accessible. You don't need a stroller really. We brought one and my daughter hardly used it. We carried her or she walked. Even when we went to the beach, the shuttle dropped you right in front of our private spot - super convenient.
2) The pools are clean and spacious. My daughter went back and forth between the kids pool (it had slides and she could touch the bottom) and "our pool" as she called it (the one right outside our room) all day long. She just loved it. When she needed a break from the sun, she reclined with me in one of the covered beds and played with my phone or we went to our room for an air-conditioned snooze.
3) The rooms are spacious. We had the one-bedroom suite and it never felt cramped. We spent a lot of time in our room taking a break from the heat and we could spread out into different rooms. We didn't live on top of each other. Every night we would pull one of the mattresses from the couch into our room and make a little bed for our daughter. She slept really well, and therefore, so did we!
4) Kids Zone is pretty good. Some of their attractions were out of commission (the jungle climber and the bouncy castle) but it was still a nice spot to take a break and get a change of scenery. It is better suited for preschoolers than older children. The kids that were a bit older didn't seem as engaged. But it was just right for my daughter.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Rafael T, General Manager at The Reserve at Paradisus Palma Real, responded to this review, July 24, 2013
Dear Guest,

I am very pleased to know that you had a wonderful stay with us and it is a real honor for me to hear your comments about our facilities, restaurants, and services. I am glad to know your three year old daughter enjoyed a lot our kids’ facilities.

New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2013

This vacation could not have been any better. The staff at the reserve are fabulous. This is a 10 star resort! July 2, 2013-July 10, 2013

We were a large group of 6 families traveling together, 24 people in all. From my first encounter with emailing the reserve about our arrival, they were more than accommodating. Mr. Genaro Gil, assured me that they would be prepared for a large group arriving and would contact the necessary people. He forwarded our room requests to Ms. Lara Chagas Mendez, the front desk manager. She promptly responded and said she would be able to have our rooms located close to one another. Genaro also took care of securing a PRIVATE transfer for all of us to the resort. In addition, he put me in touch with Glenys Martinez, a guest services assistant manager. She answered our thousands of questions and even called me to discuss our dining options and other incidentals. I explained that we had some concerns because of the large size of our party. However, she assured me that the resort and staff would be prepared for our arrival.

Upon our arrival at PUJ, we very easily found Sunny-C, which was the company that would take us to the resort. They had a large sign that had our names on it and quickly loaded up the vans and we were on our way!

As soon as we arrived at the reserve, Mr. Genaro Gil was outside to greet us. We were given cold towels to cool off with and we were quickly escorted into the reception lounge where they would handle our check in. Ms. Lara Mendez was there to greet us, as well as, Glenys Martinez. Our check in was QUICK and they brought fruity drinks for the kids and alcoholic ones for us! Several guest services people walked each of us to our rooms, which were all located on the first floor of 2 buildings. Glenys explained to my family that she would handle anything our group needed during the trip. She gave us a print out of all of our dining reservations and explained she would make sure we had an enjoyable vacation. She also introduced us to the manager Isabelle. She checked in on us several times during our stay.

Glenys Martinez- Glenys was FANTASTIC! She was always one step ahead of us. We did not miss 1 minute of our vacation because of her excellent service. She came to check on us at EVERY MEAL! Lost key? No problem, she brought them right to the pool for us. We even booked our excursions from the pool. She organized a special meal for us by the pool with dancers and a fabulous menu. We were amazed at how easy she coordinated everything. She called us on her day off to make sure everything was ok. Now that is a dedicated employee. We can not thank her enough!

Hydro Grill- AMAZING! There isn't any need to eat anywhere else on the property for lunch. Wilfredo Vargas & Eddy Cabreras are class acts. They always very quickly & easily set up a table for all of us to eat together. They even prepared several special meals for us. All of the food was delicious! The entire wait staff & bartenders were there for anything we needed. (Carlos, Julien, Christian)

Kids Zone-Wow! I could not believe how much there was for kids to do. Natali, Nikka, Wanda & Angel were all excellent with the kids. They are very strict with their policies, which was a plus for me! The little ones must be signed in & out, while the older ones can come and go as they please. Get the schedule on your first day, so you can plan which activities are good for your children.

Room-The room was much larger than expected and the patio was HUGE! The mini bar was fully stocked every day. In addition, to special touches like buckets of champagne, chocolate covered strawberries, and wine. The room was cleaned in the morning and turned down after 8 pm (the time we had given Glenys). The jacuzzi was set up for the kids with balloons one night and for the adults with rose petals another night. 24 hour room service every day! Between each building there is a mini bar set up with espresso, chips, candy, & cereal. I found this a nice extra touch, as it was very close to the room to grab something quick. Also in the reception area there was always fruit infused water, mimosas, little finger sandwiches and snacks. This was great when you came back from an excursion and simply wanted a snack.

Mizu & Aqua- Unbelievable dinners! The cooks at Mizu were fun and entertaining. Carlos at Aqua took care of our food order, so that we could taste everything on the menu. He is an excellent server and always had a smile on his face. The entire staff sang happy birthday to the birthday people and they came out with a cake and a whole musical entourage, banging on tray, classes and water bottles. It was a moment we will never forget. The bartenders for Mizu & Aqua are excellent! They were friendly and attentive to our needs! I think the bartender was Fernando and I can't remember the other bartender's name, but he made a great dirty martini. Top shelf liquor at the reserve bar & restaurants!

Reserve Pool- There were always an abundance of seats for us right by the pool. Since we have a young child, we loved that you could see the kiddie pool from the main pool. In addition, Hydro Grill is also right next to the pool. Bathrooms are close by too. We also never had a problem getting a lounger inside the pool as well. One day they set up music and a coconut drink bar at the pool. That was a great surprise. There are also plenty of private areas to relax. We found staying at the reserve pool more enjoyable than traveling to the main pool, as it is very large and seats are usually saved from early in the morning. In addition, the waiter service at the reserve pool is fabulous. We always had a refill brought before we could ask and the food from Hydro Grill could be ordered poolside as well.

Spa-amazing scrub and massage by Ivelisse Ramos. Leidy Santana was so helpful at the water ritual. The spa is a must do and should not be missed! Resort credits were an extra bonus!

Beach-I have to be honest, we were a little nervous about the reserve being able to accommodate 24 people traveling back and forth on golf carts. The most we ever had to wait was 5 mins for all of us to be picked up. A quick phone call to bell services and they would send 3 minivans for us. Anyone who is concerned with this hotel not being on the beach, should not be worried. The walk is about 5 minutes and the cart ride is only about 1 minute. Once at the beach, there is a private area for reserve guests. It was not difficult to find a seat in the private area. The area for the main hotel is more crowded.

Gabi Club-We had breakfast there everyday. Jeffry Diaz was a pro at the omelet station! Every morning he greeted us and cooked our eggs to perfection. Angela Mercedes always provided excellent service and brought my husband his espresso without being asked. All of the servers at the restaurant were helpful.

Gabi Beach-We only ate here for dinner. The food was great and the service was fabulous. Next time, I would like to try Gabi Beach for lunch and drinks during the day.

Restaurants in main building-First let me preface this with this may simply be our experience because we were a very large group. The level of service & the quality of food at the main building is not as good as it is at the reserve. I would recommend only dining at the restaurants only for reserve guests. Now, maybe if you are a smaller party you may have a different experience. I can say that on our next trip, we would only make reservations at reserve restaurants.

This vacation could not have been any better. The Reserve at Palma Real EXCEEDED our expectations and we would definitely return!

Room Tip: There is no elevator, so if you are unable to climb stairs, request a room on the first floor.
Dear Ms. Cespedes,

I love your review!

It is very gratifying to read comments like yours. I am proud of my team and I am glad that your holidays were better than what you expected.

Thanks a lot for your lovely compliments to our facilities and especially to our staff. This wonderful team thanks you for taking part of your wonderful time to post a review and letting others know we have made a positive difference

I hope that next year we will host your family vacations!

Washington DC, District of Columbia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2013 via mobile

We are members of the Palma Real resort and have been coming to The Reserve for the last 2 years and have not been disappointed. The service has been outstanding every time we have come. Our number one waiter, Rafael Perez, is always attentive to our needs and seeks us out to provide us with additional personalized service. The grill cook at the The Reserve, Octavio Francios, is exceptional as he will prepare whatever dish we request even if is not on the menu. All in all, we are treated as family and the amenities that are included in the vacation club are worth the price. This is our true vacation home.

Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Dear John,

Thank you for selecting The Reserve at Paradisus Palma Real as your vacation destination in The Dominican Republic. It pleases me to know that we fulfilled your expectations.

I know for sure, you will have another awesome stay next year, too!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Punta Cana
4.5 of 5 stars 9,786 reviews
Barcelo Bavaro Palace Deluxe
Hard Rock Hotel & Casino Punta Cana
Barcelo Bavaro Beach - Adults Only

Been to The Reserve at Paradisus Palma Real? Share your experiences!