We stayed at The Reserve the week of April 13th for 1 week and this resort surpassed our high expectations. We travelled with a 5 and 2 year old.
The resort is about 20-30 minutes from the airport which is very convenient. Checkout was very easy. We are asked to sit down in the comfortable lobby and someone came over and took care of us. It is important to know that this resort is not directly on the beach, but is located further back of the main Palma Real resort. This was a non-issue for us. The resort had transportation in a golf cart from the main lobby or the building in which our room was located. My kids actually enjoyed riding the golf cart. Once I walked alone to the beach and it took about 7 minutes. Not a big deal at all, and we much preferred the quietness and upscale feeling of the reserve.
The rooms are incredible. We had a ground floor master suite with private garden. The room was in excess of 1000 sqft with a closed main bedroom. We had access to the garden from the bedroom and living room, so once the kids were asleep we could relax outside without waking them up. The garden is big with a dining area, a hot tub, two lying down chairs, and a hut with a bed. The rooms are modern, and very clean. There is wi-fi in the room although it can be a bit spotty.
The beach is really nice. The sand is white and soft. The water is blue. Much nicer beaches than resorts in Mexico that I have been to. It never feels too crowded and they have plenty of chairs, and palapas.
We did not initially book this but chose to upgrade once we arrived. At first we were apprehensive, but we are very happy that we did it. Our concierge, Andy Constante, really made our vacation special. Family concierge guests have access to all of the restaurants and beaches. And Andy made sure we had our own Palapa on the beach every morning. No need to wake up early and play the towel game. Andy also took care of all of our dinner reservations, and if we wanted a change in reservations, he took care of it on the same day. We had a couple of issues with our room. When I mentioned it to Andy, he took care of it and solved the problem. With family concierge they give you a cell phone and you can contact the person assigned to you whenever you need. You really feel like you have someone taking care of you the whole time. Andy would also leave little surprises in the room while we were at dinner. The kids would be very excited to come back to the room to see what little treats he left for them. Andy really gave a superb level of service. I would definitely use the service again.
I have to mention the kids zone because it is amazing. They have something for kids of all ages. Rock Climbing, bungee jumping, playground, air hockey, ping pong, an indoor play area with all the toys you could imagine, board games, movies, video games, etc. The kids even have their own buffet right in the kids zone. They have a schedule of daily activities and the kids really love it there. The staff there Sahoni, Jendhaly, Natali, Ynes, Angel, Wanda, Nicaulys, and Edward are really good with the kids and you can tell they enjoy their job
Service was excellent throughout the resort, but a few individuals really made our stay amazing. They were always there with a warm smile for us and the kids, and went above and beyond to make sure we had whatever we needed. A special thank you to Hamlet Rosa, Darlin Ininia, Jairo Po-checo, and Maikel for their excellent service.
Food is subjective so it is difficult to comment. Our favorite restaurants were right on the Reserve (Aqua better than along with Gabi Beach (included in Family Concierge). We tried Bana bistro and Vento at the main resort and did not find them to be very good. Service was great, we just did not enjoy the food.
- Also Known As:
- The Reserve At Paradisus Palma Real Hotel
- The Reserve At Paradisus Palma Real Hotel Punta Cana
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Explore The Reserve, our new boutique resort within a resort, designed for those whose stay in a luxury suite is as important as sun, sea and sand. Including three pools and a la carte restaurants, YHI Spa and gym, Swim up Suites with direct access to the pool Family Concierge Suites. Take benefit of your stay at The Reserve and use its facilities and services as well as the ones in Paradisus Palma Real Resort. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Melia, Tingo, Venere, Hotels.com, Agoda, Otel and Jetsetter so you can book your The Reserve at Paradisus Palma Real reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.