“Second visit to The Reserve” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Reserve at Paradisus Palma Real

You added The Reserve at Paradisus Palma Real to your Saves list
The Reserve at Paradisus Palma Real
5.0 of 5 Resort (All-Inclusive)   |   Playa de Bavaro, Punta Cana 23000, Dominican Republic   |
Special Offer
Up to 15% discount
Ranked #3 of 99 Hotels in Punta Cana
St. Petersburg, Florida
“Second visit to The Reserve”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2013

We returned 2 days ago after another excellent stay at The Reserve. The hotel is beautiful, but what really stands out is the the amazing people that work there. I want to take this opportunity to thank them for making us feel at home. We had the best experience at the Hydro Grill thanks to Eddy Caceres, supervisor, Jairo Pacheco and Adenawar , the servers, and the cooks: Fransua, Horikson, and Omar. We also appreciate Alexis Bensoi, supervisor of Aqua and Gabi, and his crew: Marcos N., Carlos R., Pedro P., Christian S., Yefresy C., and Alexis C. We will be back for a third visit soon. Keep the Imperial cold:)

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Rafael T, General Manager at The Reserve at Paradisus Palma Real, responded to this review, April 12, 2013
Dear Guest,

It is an honor for me to have had the pleasure to welcome you for the second time. It makes me proud to know this stay was a wonderful as the previous one.

Paradisus Resorts Punta Cana

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (800)
  • Polish first
Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

My husband and I took a short trip to DR for some R and R without our children and enjoyed every minute of it. We had a master swim up suite which came fully loaded with a 2 person shower, jetted tub in the bathroom and on the back porch; our own cabana right next to our private access to the swimming pool.
Families with children were there as it was Spring break in the states but I wasn't the least bit bothered. They have an awesome kiddie swimming pool and a kid zone.
I enjoyed the cuisine at all the restaurants but loved Gabi Beach( we didn't pay extra as it was part of our room charge) restaurant the best. If you are looking for authentic Dominican cuisine you will only get a few choices at breakfast and lunch but there is food to satisfy everyone's taste.
I enjoyed all the amenities offered to me and will definitely return.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

Our commitment is to provide the highest quality service beyond our guests’ expectations, and it is a real pleasure for us to learn that we have achieved our goal.

I am happy to know that you have received an excellent service from our staff and that you are planning to come back in the future.

ejm611
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

Seeking a super relaxing, "girl" vacation, my friend and I stayed at the Reserve for four nights in February. We got the vacation we were looking for! Our room was modern and tranquil with a separate living area and a balcony with a jacuzzi. You can easily walk to the pool and to the beach/ pools at the main resort area--it does take about ten minutes to reach the beach. If you don't feel like walking take a shuttle cart to get there in a minute. The grounds are manicured and clean, we never minded walking around. Staying at the Reserve, we had access to private areas on the beach and never had any trouble getting an optimal spot on the beach with umbrella. The sand is powder soft, the ocean water is warm and blue.

The food at the Reserve is great, and we had access to the restaurants at the main resort. Everything was great, the buffets are big, with a lot of variety and very clean. We enjoyed the HIbachi restaurants and Gabi Beach restaurant.

The Spa at The Reserve is top notch! It is gorgeous, clean and so relaxing! We spent a few hours just at the spa, because it is so nice. The gym at the reserve is very nice, modern, and air conditioned.

Overall, I have nothing negative to share about this resort. I would consider trying the Royal serve at the Paradisus next time--only because we'd be somewhat closer to the main area, but I'd have to think twice, because I loved the Reserve so much. A lot of people say that the Reserve is for families, and it is, but I felt it was perfect for myself and my friend, and would be perfect for couples seeking peace and tranquility. I have already recommended The Reserve to everyone I know! I cannot wait to go back!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2013

We spent 4 nights at the Reserve.It was a little romantic get away from our kids. Although many of those around us had their children with them I didn't find that to be a problem. There is a wonderful kiddie pool so it was very easy to find plenty of space without children. The grounds are immaculate and the pools are pristine. There are plenty of cushie lounge chairs and cabana's to find a comfortable spot in the sun or shade.

The staff was outstanding. Everyone was so nice and always greeted you with a smile. Nothing was a problem and when they said "it's my pleasure" I believed them!

We found the food quite good but if your looking for gourmet or consider yourself a "foodie" this may not be for you. There is plenty of choice and fresh options for breakfast and lunch. Dinners were good, not great. I didn't expect great so I wasn't disappointed. The service was always wonderful so it made for an overall wonderful dining experience. We did splurge on the restaurant "Passion". I've done a separate review for that. I wouldn't spend my money there again. It wasn't a bad experience but I was expecting something outstanding for dinner and I left disappointed.

The rooms were huge and well appointed. I found the beds incredibly firm and comfortable.
My boyfriend golfed and said the course was very good. I had two great massages and took a pilates class, all I enjoyed immensely.

The few complaints and I'm sorry if they sound petty. For me, the lighting in the bathroom drove me crazy. It was so dark and shadowy even with every light on. I spoke with 2 other women who said the same so it wasn't just our room. We found it hard to get anyone's attention to get drinks while we were on the beach. (yes we tipped... everyone, all the time) And the bad/ very intermittent wireless connection. Honestly I could have cared less about internet while on vacation but that was a peeve of my boyfriend's.

A few tips. If you head to beach in the afternoon and see chair after chair with a towel on it but nothing else... (no flip flops or magazine holding the the spot) take it. We were on the beach 3 hours and saw tons of towels on prime spot lounging chairs and no one returned to them.
Make your own dinner reservations if possible. If you go to the spa they will give you 10% off the quoted price and if you book a second appt. it's 20%. Ask if they add gratuity. I think I may have double tipped.

Room Tip: Building Q is a closer walk to the beach and very close to the spa.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Rafael T, General Manager at The Reserve at Paradisus Palma Real, responded to this review, April 9, 2013
Dear Lori,

I am very happy to know you had a very nice couple getaway. As you mentioned, The Reserve was designed for both adults and children have fun, enjoy our facilities, and experience the Pure Freedom to Just Be.

I highly appreciate your observations regarding the wifi, the lighting in the room, and services on the beach. You may rest assured that my team has been informed of your particular opinions and that appropriate measures will be taken.

Lori, The Reserve at Paradisus Palma Real and all its natural beauty, its friendly and warm people, and the best service in the area will be waiting for you.

New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2013

Review based on traveling to this resort 2x in the past year. First of all, if you are not traveling with kids you might want to stay at the regular Palma Real instead of the Reserve, although it is a good place for couples as well. But this is a great hotel for families with kids since they have a Kids Zone, where you can leave your children all day or for parts of the day for free. Our son was 18 months old the first time we stayed and he was able to nap, eat lunch, play and watch TV all within the facility, it was awesome! The staff also babysit at night for $15 an hour. The pool area at this hotel is also great, one of the pools had various kiddie slides. The staff is friendly and remember your child's name and say hello every time they see them. The beach is a bit of a walk but they offer transportation (golf cart) and the walk is pleasant. At the beach, there is a reserved section for Reserve guests and there are guys there to bring you towels and drinks and food (be sure to tip). The restaurants are all pretty good, but remember its an all-inclusive resort, not the Four Seasons in NYC. Based on that, we mostly ate at the Grill by the pool where the chef is great and will make anything you want a la carte. The rooms are all suites with plenty of space to feel very comfortable even with kids running around. The rooms we got had balconies with hot-tubs and the mini bar is stoked with beers and soft drinks and you can always call for room service if you run out of anything. Overall, this hotel is a great value if you are looking for a beautiful resort in the Caribbean, especially if you are traveling with kids and would like the convenience of having someone caring for them while you have some adult fun or relaxation. One last thing, if you want a better experience make sure you tip the right people as soon as you get there and they will make sure you are always taken care of.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Dear Guest,

Thank you for the confidence placed in us to celebrate your family getaway for the second time. It makes me happy to know that in both stays we were able not only to meet but to exceed your expectations.

The Paradise waits for your third stay!

Windham, NH
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2013

We had a fantastic time at The Reserve. We were hoping for rest and relaxation while traveling with our two children (twins 7 years old). The accommodations were amazing and the resort property providing luxury with lots of private places to relax around the three pools.

Juan Peguero and Julian Cabrera always took care of bringing food and drinks to us by the pool with a smile. Our amazing Family Concierge, Cesare, made the vacation complete. We'd definitely return.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Dear Guest,

I am happy to know that in The Reserve at Paradisus Palma Real you have found a special place to have an amazing and unforgettable stay and I would like to thank you for appreciating the warmth and dedication of Juan Peguero and Julian Cabrera. I have personally passed on your compliments to both of them.

Thank you for preferring The Reserve at Paradisus Palma Real and we look forward to host your next stay in the near future.

Kind regards,

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2013

We spent a week at the resort. The Reserve is more private and secluded than Palma Real, which is a 3 min golf cart ride away. The Reserve is the best option. Food at various restaurants and daily buffet was fantastic, accommodations are wonderful.
Our family was here for 1 week. The resort is absolutely beautiful - great workout facilties, and Felix is a great bartender.

Our stay at The Reserve was extraordinary, primarily due to the help of our concierge, Staban Roque. Everyone is very courteous and friendly but Mr. Roque is the best there is. Extremely attentive, and very interested in seeing that all of your needs are met. Everything become smooth and easy, once Mr Roque is assigned to you. If you want a great trip to become the perfect vacation, ask for Staban.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Dear Guest,

Our devotedness is to provide the highest quality service level beyond our guest expectations, and it is a real pleasure to learn we were able to exceed your expectations. I am grateful for your kind comments o the service received from Staben Roque. I will personally pass on your compliments to him.

The Reserve team is going to be more than glad to welcome you back for a next amazing vacation.

Paradisus Resorts Punta Cana

Been to The Reserve at Paradisus Palma Real? Share your experiences!