“great all-inclusive resort for families” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Reserve at Paradisus Palma Real

You added The Reserve at Paradisus Palma Real to your Saves list
The Reserve at Paradisus Palma Real
5.0 of 5 Resort (All-Inclusive)   |   Playa de Bavaro, Punta Cana 23000, Dominican Republic   |
Ranked #4 of 102 Hotels in Punta Cana
“great all-inclusive resort for families”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

We love this resort! One of the best all-inclusive resorts we've been to. My husband and I had been here before and stayed in the "adults only" section. We were impressed and had taken a tour of The Reserve so now that we have a 15mth old, we wanted to go back and stay there. The food was great, our daughter was able to eat and drink everything with no issues. They have a Kids Club/ZOne and we were there with her for an hour twice a day. It's conveniently located in front of the kiddie pool. There's a kids buffet and bathroom inside which made it easy to be out at the pool all day. We just had her nap in the shade under an umbrella. The faculty at the Kids Club were WONDERFUL. Angel, Natali, Wanda, Jendhaly and other staff were GREAT! Our daughter LOVED them. The only thing we brought with us were cartons of milk just in case.

We had trouble booking reservations at the restaurants but resolved it on the 2nd or 3rd day. You can't go wrong with any of the restaurants but our favorites were Vento, Gabi Beach, Market Grill, and Aqua.

We highly recommend upgrading to a swim up pool. They had us on the 3rd floor at first, which was inconvenient with a stroller and 15 mth old. We upgraded and were very happy we did. It made the trip much more enjoyable. We'll def be back!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Rafael T, General Manager at The Reserve at Paradisus Palma Real, responded to this review, March 18, 2013
Dear Guest,

It is a pleasure to hear that The Reserve is one of the best all-inclusive resorts you have been to! I have shared your comments with the wonderful team of The Reserve at Paradisus Palma Real as it is thanks to our excellent team that we are able to accomplish our goal - the total satisfaction of our guests.

I am sure we will have the opportunity to welcome you back in the near future.

Regards,

Paradisus Resorts Punta Cana

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (668)
  • Polish first
Great Falls, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

My husband and I spent a perfect week at the Reserve at the Paradisus Palm Real this past January. We had a room that opened to the pool. I would highly recommend it if it at all possible. We ate at the Gabi Club for breakfast every morning. There were lots of choices and the omelet station was very good. The staff was friendly . We went to Gabi Beach restaurant, which is only for those at The Reserve, for two dinners and all of our lunches. Everything we had was delicious. Make sure you order the grilled lobster, it was great! Santo Salazar and Daniel Jimenez were our waiters. I asked for a slight change to a dish and I was told that I was in paradise and I should be able to have whatever I wished. They were always so accommodating, smiling and friendly. The big upside to this restaurant is that it is open to the view of the ocean. There are umbrellas located just outside where Juan Medrano served us drinks from the bar and was very friendly and attentive. If you get a chance to eat at the Passion for the extra $50 per person, you should do it! Our servers Luis Rubio and his assistant Wilson were remarkable. This food was a true culinary experience and the service was beyond compare. At first it seemed like a small quantity of food but we were filled when we left because there were many courses.
We also went to AQUA where we had mahi-mahi which was steamed, it tasted great! and the staff was great.
We also went to MIZU which is located in the Paradisus Palma Real. The chef makes the food right in front of you and the food is really good. I thought this was the weakest of the restaurants however because the ambiance was not good. We were told this is the same as the tempanyaki restaurant at the reserve, but other guests told us that is not the case.
The Yhi Spa was wonderful. The atmosphere is extremely relaxing. For a minimal cost you can use the baths, sauna and steam room. The workout facility is small but has a variety of equipment. The workout facility at the Palma Real is larger. The Reserve is more quiet and more relaxing than the Paradisus Palma Real .We did go during a time with only 3/4 of the rooms filled so there was plenty of room at poolside and at the beach.. The Reserve is quite a walk from the Palma Real but the golfcarts that shuttled everyone back and forth were readily available. Bernardo Santana is one of the men responsible for the transportation on the complex. He always made you feel like he would be happy to drop everything to take you wherever you needed to be and was extremely friendly.
Overall, we had a great time and will be back next year. The grounds were top of the line! As I heard another visitor say, "How could anyone not be happy here!""

Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

Thank you for selecting The Reserve at Paradisus Palma Real as your family vacation destination in Punta Cana. It pleases me to know that we fulfilled your expectations. It will be a real pleasure to host your next stay in the near future.

Best regards,

Greenville, South Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

I was there recently with my 70+ yr old parents & 16 yr old son. There was plenty for everyone to do & The Reserve was intimate enough that my parents were not over-taxed with walking, yet we had access to the Paradisus via the trams. The staff was so friendly & accommodating. Thank yous to Roberto De Leon, Gabriel Bobadilla, & our very lovely housekeeper for 5007. The food was very good, with the exception of steaks ordered by our party. We enjoyed Aqua, Passion, Gabi Beach, Vento, & Mizu. Market Gril was just fair. I would definitely recommend the Reserve & hope to return.

Room Tip: If stairs are an issue, be sure to request 1st floor. There are no elevators.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Dear Guest,

I am very pleased to know that you had a wonderful stay with us and it is a real honor for me to hear your comments about our facilities and the exceptional service you have received from Roberto de Leon and Gabriel Bobadilla. I will personally pass on your comments to each one of them.

I would like to thank you for recommending us to your friends and relatives. It is thanks to guests like you, that our Company has reached the success and gained prestige through the last years.

Chandler, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

Once my fiancee (now wife) and I honed in our honeymoon to the DR, I spent weeks researching the perfect resort to spend our time. I landed on the The Reserve at Palma Real. When we arrived at the resort it was like stepping into the grand entrance of the likes of Ritz Carlton, THE Hotel at Mandalay, the Bellagio, etc. We had a nice, elegant personalized sign welcoming us. After the smooth check-in process, our concierge, EWING, met us right away. He walked us through the resort and show us all the superb amenities of the The Reserve. EWING was extremely great concierge. I don't think there was any request we had of him that he did not fulfill in a timely manner. He was very efficient and knows how to get things done right. There are a multitude of restaurants on the property for dinner and EWING made reservations for us for the whole week at different ones once he knew what are dining tastes were. Ewing always went above and beyond the call of duty. One example is when he helped track down our late airport transfer transport even though it wasn't his job to do so since we booked it through a local Costco Travel affiliate. And he waited until we got on the shuttle. Ewing is one of the best concierges we've had anywhere. As a matter of fact everyone there is there to please. One of the staff/bar tenders Eusebio Guzman gave a whole new meaning to service with a smile. He always spoke to us where ever he saw us on the property. He got me everything from a OJ at breakfast, to a towel at the pool in the afternoon, to a gin martini at night. The whole staff reiterated the phrase "this is your home." It felt like it. There is nothing we asked for we didn't get. The title of this review Regal within Excellence for our Honeymoon is fitting because The Reserve is the regal private, exclusive, and reclusive part of the elegant Palma Real Resort. I recommend it for those with families and those honeymooners that want the best of both worlds. You can get your crazy, young fun fix in at Palma Real section as this is where all the nightlife entertainment, casino, clubs are. Then a golf cart will take you the one-minute back to The Reserve side for a more quiet "wind down." As a couple in their low 30s It was the perfect place for our honeymoon.

Room Tip: Again stay at The Reserve. Any room there is good
Dear Nickolas,

Thank you so much for choosing us to celebrate your honeymoon! It makes me feel proud to know your stay was great!

I would share your comments with Eusebio and Edwin. This kind of compliment serves as a great motivation to all of us.

Nickolas, The Paradise waits for you to celebrate your wedding anniversary!

Council Bluffs, Iowa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2013

Overall we had a great experience. The accommodations were great and the staff was very pleasant. Our concierge (Gabriel Bobodilla) was excellent and very helpful when booking excursions. We also recommend the restaurant Passion, it was a great experience along with delicious food.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

Congratulations on your honeymoon! I am pleased to know we were able to exceed your expectations and I will gladly share your comments with Gabriel Bobadilla and the rest of our team.

I hope to have the honor to host your wedding anniversary celebration.

NYC
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2013

Just like many of you I sit here and spend countless hours researching on trip advisor before spending hard earned money on a vacation. If your looking for a relaxing vacation at a dream like resort don't be cautious. If you don't thoroughly enjoy yourself here, then you have issues.

5/5 - BEST Service, Grounds, Rooms, and Beach area I have seen at a AI.
4/5 - Food, Drinks

- Running up the beach I saw a bunch of other good hotels at Punta Cana but the beach area by the Reserve was premium. The chairs were great(only padded ones i saw) and huge tiki huts were amazing. I didn't get all the way to the excellence/majestic area however. Props go to Andy Florial and David de Gracia for their friendly service on the beach! These guys were awesome and really went out of their way to make sure everything was perfect

The service in the restaurants and around the grounds was AMAZING - anyone walking by greets you and asks if there is anything they can do. At the Reserve there are countless super comfy day beds and lounge chairs for any time of day. Seating was never an issue, the grounds are gorgeous and pools are spotless. The place looks brand new.

-The Reserve has a pool by the beach as well as at the Resort which was a huge upgrade to the regular Paradisus. Padded beds all around and service really set it apart from the Paradisus and made it feel worth the extra premium. We came to the beach late everyday and didn't have much trouble finding spots.

The drinks and food are what most people complain about on here and there is reason to, however you CAN find what you want if you know where to go. Some drinks are too sweet or cheap liquor and they don't have a cocktail list anywhere. I found that going to the bar vs a server and getting to know a bartender will increase your chances of getting a stiff drink. Props go to Eusebio at Gabi Beach/Hydro grill - He was always a friendly face and was quick to hook me up with a late night White Russian(w Leche - no Carnation!). Also Hector at Gabi Beach for my go to stiff margaritas at the beach.

The general consensus and our opinion was that the Gabi Beach restaurant(Thanks Rosa!) was on another level compared to the rest of the resort. I had a steak and asked for a lobster tail extra and it was great. The problem at the restaurants is that some of the apps/soups(Aqua) are simply inedible but most of the entrees are ok-good. I thought Mizu hibachi was great and seafood pasta at Vento as well. Spicy chicken wings at hydro were good but not available 2/4 days. One night after dinner the buffet chef cooked me up a complimentary lobster and shrimp meal on the fly. If you like fruit - the melons and pineapple are amazing(Sometimes lacking at AI).

3/5 - Entertainment(Dont think its their goal)

They don't have the entertainment crew that walks around pumping people up/hosting pool parties, which i missed from Jamaica, but was really unnecessary considering this resort wants to be more of a chill/relaxing vibe. However, the live cover band at the Paradisus bar was awesome, cant remember his name.

This place is awesome and was a 5 day dream. If you cant slow down and enjoy it then you need to readjust your life's expectations.

Collegedale, Tennessee, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2013

My wife and I loved the experience of staying in this place start to finish! Where to begin? I planned and planned for a perfect honeymoon for my then fiancee and looked at tripadvisor and read all of your comments pretty much and even then was still blown away by this place. Registration was quick and comfortable, (they even brought us drinks while we waited) My wife is a vegetarian and we both do not drink alcohol but everyone was very accommodating with the drinks and making special vegetable platters for my wife. Sarah at the reception desk was VERY helpful and kind. She worked with me on my preference to not a two double queen bed for my honeymoon and instead she upgraded us to a master one bedroom suite. I was AMAZED. We prayed and thanked God for such a blessing. Our room was beautiful. I loved the quiet location and cleanliness of it. Sr. Castro of Room service was very friendly. When he found out it was my honeymoon he delivered beautiful strawberries with chocolate designs. There was soo much love among the staff to me and my wife. We felt so cared about and prioritized. We loved Sr. Jose Ramos the server at Naos he was an excellent server and went above and beyond to provide great service for us. This place is so beautiful like a paradise. The food is top notch delicious and the restaurant environment breathtaking. There are many activities to do that are great for couples and families alike. Make sure to sign up for the SCUBA classes! My wife and I did the snorkeling and paddle boat but unfortunately the weather was bad for SCUBA and we did not get a chance to go. However, we had such a great vacation already that we didn't get too sad about this. Elias the SCUBA instructor was very nice and courteous. Breakfast in our room was always on time and delicious, the entertainment was fun and creative, the beach break taking and awesome. Get ready for a wonderful experience with very loving hospitable people. God bless you all staff of Paradisus, you have made my wife and I's first week of marriage wonderful, a memory we will never forget!

Room Tip: Remember to have some dollars for tips. They do such great service even without the tips but it is a...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Rafael T, General Manager at The Reserve at Paradisus Palma Real, responded to this review, March 17, 2013
Dear Gabriel,

First of all allow me to express you my sincerest congratulations on your Honeymoon. It is truly a pleasure for me to hear that we could participate in making this occasion an unforgettable one.

I will share your compliments with each member of our team and I hope to host your wedding anniversary celebration.

Kind regards,

Paradisus Resorts Punta Cana

Been to The Reserve at Paradisus Palma Real? Share your experiences!