“Beautiful Rooms - Wonderful Family Concierge Staff!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Reserve at Paradisus Palma Real

Save Saved
You added The Reserve at Paradisus Palma Real to your Saves list
The Reserve at Paradisus Palma Real
5.0 of 5 Resort (All-Inclusive)   |   Playa de Bavaro, Punta Cana 23000, Dominican Republic   |
Ranked #2 of 101 hotels in Punta Cana
Burlington, Vermont
“Beautiful Rooms - Wonderful Family Concierge Staff!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2013

We had a wonderful four-night stay at The Reserve. We used the Family Concierge service, and the Kid's Zone, which was absolutely wonderful. The staff at the Kid's Zone, especially Angel and Wanda, were great with our child, and although we never left him in the Zone, he played in there and really enjoyed having the playground and lunch room - especially the ice cream machine!

The kid's pool area, with slides, was where we spent most of our time, and the service there from wait staff was great - all making sure you had what you needed.

The accommodations were immaculate - we loved our room, the balcony and outdoor tub.

Every night, the Family Concierge staff left a wonderful treat for our three year old; from bathtubs filled with bubbles and balloons, to sweet treats, other balloons, and more. They also delivered a peanut butter/jelly sandwich to our room every mid-morning so we were prepared at the beach or pool for a morning snack for our child. Very helpful not to have to go to the buffets in order to get some food in him.

I have to say, the food was about what we expected, which is to say it was not great. We had a few good dinners, but for lunch, the buffets were sub-par, and for breakfast we made sure to order omelets, made to order. The fruit was good, we never got sick or felt unwell at any point. I would advise staying away from the Hydro Grill; which is the pool-side lunch/snack place by the kid's pool - nachos with cheez whiz - need I say more!?

Room Tip: Our suite was on the second floor, which was nice since we have a 3-year old and the walk-out rooms...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Rafael T, General Manager at The Reserve at Paradisus Palma Real, responded to this review, February 18, 2013
Dear Jeanne,

For us it is always a pleasure to receive comments like yours as they keep as very motivated and I am happy to know that you have enjoyed all the benefits, services, and special amenities of being a Family Concierge guests.

2,235 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (584)
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2013

Had a great time, property is beautiful and the service is second to none. If you go, look out for Ruquermin Vasquez, Cesar Chiara, and Felipe Pinales - they were amazing! The pools and beach are amazing. Food quality was good, but lacking as far as vegetarian options.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Dear Guest.

I am glad to learn you have had a great stay with us and that you enjoyed our services and facilities. Our biggest satisfaction is to know that all your expectations were exceeded.

Comments like yours serve as a great motivation to all of us. You may rest assured I have shared your kind words with all our staff.

Ottawa, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2013

Please note this is a review for The Reserve section only. I was travelling with my wife and 14 month old baby.

The Reserve section is more removed from the main resort and as such much more quiet. We were in a 1-bedroom suite with the family concierge service. There are regular shuttles to the main section but we would usually walk which would take approx 10 min.

Resort was overall fantastic! Rooms are very clean, grounds well manicured, pools was a bit cold but also very clean. The pool and beach furniture were also really nice. The beach also had a reserve section with plenty of space. The rooms are fantastic, spacious, and the 2 jacuzzi's (one inside and one on balcony) were well used. What a fantastic feature! The included mini-bar and room service was also really nice to have...we did not have to worry about how much all this was costing us extra! My only "bad" comment is that the beds do not provide the greatest comfort, but even this is not too bad.

Service was overall great in restaurants, but sometimes a bit slow especially for morning coffee! We started ordering in room service (included) for morning coffee when we wanted it...great idea as it was always on time! None of us were sick at any point, and we ate everything with little restriction. The food was fantastic, especially in some of the specialty restaurants which were included as part of the reserve. The main buffet is also very good for both lunch and dinner. Bar service was overall exceptional especially in reserve sections but in order to get drinks regularly, a tip helped. Seemed like the number of "runners" was variable. The bar staff in general extremely friendly...especially Francesco and David on the beach!

The family concierge was fantastic as our week was pre-booked as far as beach huts and dinners go and our primary contact person was amazing! Thank you Sophia! It seemed like we had a new surprise every day including 2 bottles of champagne! Our baby was really too small to take advantage of all features family concierge and the kids zone...but would highly recommend it for 3 yrs and up but not sure you will money's worth prior to this age.

Overall, a great resort in reserve section. We were certainly well taken care of and myself and family were very happy and would definitely go back.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Rafael T, General Manager at The Reserve at Paradisus Palma Real, responded to this review, February 14, 2013
Dear Family,

Allow me to express my gratefulness for selecting us to celebrate your family vacation and for sharing the impressions of your recent stay with us. Our devotedness is to provide the highest quality service level beyond our guest expectations, and it is a real pleasure to learn we were able to exceed your expectations.

It will be a real pleasure to welcome you back to this your second home, The Reserve at Paradisus Palma Real.

New York, New York, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2013

I don't see any reason to go to another resort in my life. I truly loved the reserve at paradisus and plan on going back for many years to come. I went with my wife but you can easily go with children as well. The place can be very romantic with 2 jacuzzis in your room (bathroom & balcony) if you stay in master suite, plenty of lounges, couches, beds around the pool and you can find places to be totally alone if you'd like. The restaurants have such a great ambiance and decorated so nicely. There is a huge kids pool with many slides as well as a whole kids zone with babysitting, jungle gym and activities all day long. Staying at the reserve had many perks. We had a choice to go to many more restaurants, our own huge pool, a roped off area on the beach with beds and hammocks, and better alcohol. Everything was truly unbelievable, including the rooms, restaurants, pools, beaches (but ocean was little dirty).
I have to give thanks to two people who really made our vacation that much better. Julio Moya who works by the reserve pool constantly made sure we were comfortable. He brought us towels, drinks & food constantly and is really such a nice guy.
Another was Alexander Ozuna at Aqua restaurant. We had diet restrictions and he was so understanding and helped us out greatly, offering suggestions and asking the chef to make off the menu items. We ate there twice because he was so helpful and made it easy to order & enjoy. He even remembered the second time what we ordered the 1st.
Few negatives to mention: I hated the fact that you had to make reservations for dinner because it seemed when we got there they only had 9:30 resos available for every night we were there. Book your reservations the day you get there for your whole trip. But then again, I didn't like being so scheduled and deciding what I wanted to eat days in advance.
Definitely recommend to everyone and I can't wait to go back!!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Lew,

I am glad to learn you have had a great stay with us and that you enjoyed our services and facilities. I feel proud to know that we provided you an excellent service making your stay a unique and unforgettable one.

Best regards,

New York City, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2013

The Reserve is a great family vacation experience! We stayed for a week in Feb in one of the Garden Suites with our 20 month daughter and had a fabulous time.

She was treated like a princess! We got the concierge service, so she got daily little gifts, had access to 3 kiddie pools, an amazing Kid Zone/playroom and got to ride to the beach on golf carts. The concierge even made her a balloon bubble bath in our suite one day! Babysitting was also easy to arrange and at $15/hr a good deal for a resort.

For the adults, the hotel grounds are spectacular. The design is kind of like a higher end W Hotel, with beautiful landscaped gardens, winding pools, fabulous and abundant loungers and many private nooks. The place is kept clean and extremely well maintained. The rooms are also very spacious and comfortable. I highly recommend the Garden Suite which comes with a large private garden with lounge chairs, outdoor jacuzzi and a cabana.

I also recommend the concierge service. Cesaer was our concierge and he was amazing! He made dinner reservations, got us the best cabanas on the beach, arranged babysitting, made sure housekeeping worked around our daughter's nap times and all sorts of little odds and ends that made the vacation easy. Also he helped us extend our trip by a day when a snow storm made it impossible for us to go back to NYC when we were supposed to.

Why does the Reserve only get 4 stars and not 5?...Because of the food. They have plenty of it -- about 10 restaurants, inclusive room service, kid meals, whatever you want. Unfortunately none of it really tastes great.

All of the Reserve restaurants and all of the restaurants at the main hotel literally share one kitchen. Whether you're eating Italian, Asian Fusion or lunch sandwiches, it all tastes the same. The food tends to be bland, sometimes not fresh (dinner Quesadillas show up in the breakfast buffet, Shrimp Scampi becomes shrimp salad for lunch, etc) and so uniformly monotonous that I ended up wondering why not simplify the selection and focus on quality. No one needs an assortment of 15 breads to choose from or 10 hot buffet entrees at every single meal. Quality over quantity, please.

Food aside, we had a wonderful vacation and would definitely come back here. I highly recommend the Reserve over the main resort for families and also couples seeking more elegant, more mellow surroundings.

Room Tip: Garden Suites with concierge service
Dear Family,

For me it is a honor to read your beautiful comments about your recent stay with us and learn you had a fabulous experience. I could imagine how amazing and special it was to receive all the specials surprises and details that Family Concierge offers.

I am so sorry to learn that you did not enjoy our several dining options. I assure you that the appropriate measures will be taken wherever possible.

The Paradise waits for your next visit.

Chicago, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2013

Overall very satisfied with the resort and beach. Would recommend the Reserve portion of resort as it has additional higher quality restaurants that are included in all inclusive and it is more private than main resort. The main resort and beach is a quick 5 min walk or there are shuttles to take you to and from.
**** The 1 complaint we had was the pressure to attend a 90 min presentation on membership to Club Melia. When we arrived, our concierge helped to set up dinner reservations but also continued to bombarde us to go to the presentation despite declining several times. As a guest on vacation, the last thing you want to do is have one of your mornings taken up by being hassled about a presentation you have no interest in attending. So just beware and continue to decline if not interested.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Omar,

I greatly appreciate your compliments about our hotel. At The Reserve at Paradisus Palma Real our commitment is to provide quality service beyond our guests’ expectations and it is a real pleasure for us to learn that we have achieved our goal.

I have taken a good note of your observations regarding to our Club Melia presentation in order to take the appropriate measures.

Brooklyn, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2013

I took my mom here on vacation instead of going to some store to buy her a mother's day/birthday gift. She and I had an amazing time. Since it's all inclusive we didn't have to come out of our pockets for anything at all. The staff is amazing and food really good. This was my very first all-inclusive vacation and I'm wondering why I've never done this before. I didn't mind spending 4 days on the property because there was so much to do. I am definately going back to stay at The Reserve at Paradisus Palma Real but this time I'm going with my significant other. Keep up the excellent work you guys. Kind Regards, K

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
Rafael T, General Manager at The Reserve at Paradisus Palma Real, responded to this review, February 10, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for selecting us as the special place to celebrate your mother's birthday. I am glad to know both of you had a fabulous time and that you are planning to come back in the near future.

Paradisus Resorts Punta Cana

Been to The Reserve at Paradisus Palma Real? Share your experiences!