“Excellent for small children... and adults!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Reserve at Paradisus Palma Real

You added The Reserve at Paradisus Palma Real to your Saves list
The Reserve at Paradisus Palma Real
5.0 of 5 Resort (All-Inclusive)   |   Playa de Bavaro, Punta Cana 23000, Dominican Republic   |
Special Offer
Up to 15% discount
Ranked #3 of 99 Hotels in Punta Cana
Mississauga, Canada
“Excellent for small children... and adults!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2013

The Reserve was the perfect trip for my family which included my husband, 2 yr old, mother and mother in law. We had a master suite that connected onto a 1 bdrm on the 3rd floor in building 53. It was a bit far from the lobby and buffet but I think we were in the family section even though we didn't use the family concierge service as my 2 yr old wouldn't benefit from the extra service as older children would. The rooms were gorgeous, beautifully decorated like the resort itself, and the amenities on The Reserve were perfect for my son and his grandmothers! The Reserve had the best options and activities for children and for adults. My husband and mother were able to golf even though November was a bit humid, while myself, son and grandmother played in the kids pool and Kids Zone - the Kids Zone wouldn't have been available for my son had we stayed on the main resort.
Food was good, much better than I had expected for resort food. We treated ourselves and went to Passions and it's worth the extra charge - think of it as a special occasion dinner! The best part of the trip was the service. Everyone had a smile and a greeting and the family concierges also helped us when we needed things. Special thanks to Juan Jose Rosa for supplying us with milk for my son and enough water to keep us happy. He even brought a bottle of wine on our last night! Darkia Farias our housekeeper obliged our requests and tried to time her visits to work around my son's naps and the servers in Gabi restaurant like Jairo Pacheco, where the buffet was, were wonderful with all the children and accommodating. Our concierge Dalliance made sure to check in with our group over the 2 weeks we were there and the new concierge that was often in building 51/52...I can't remember his name but he had started as a pool concierge and was 2 weeks into being a guest concierge...he helped us a lot with golf and restaurant bookings too. The spa was beautiful and very relaxing and Silvia Altagracia and Ivelise were wonderful.

Lots of children but it wasn't ever crowded (not at full capacity when we were there), and the resort is designed so that it wouldn't feel crowded even when full. The design and decor of the resort was beautiful with lots of attention to detail. I chose The Reserve after doing a lot of research into resorts for small children (under 4yrs) and I am so glad that we went - it was the perfect place for our multigenerational family!

Room Tip: Connecting rooms are only available on the top and ground floor. Ground floor rooms cost more due t...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Rafael T, General Manager at The Reserve at Paradisus Palma Real, responded to this review, January 24, 2013
Dear Jennifer,

The Reserve is both for adults and children have fun while enjoying our activities, facilities, and services. It pleases us a lot to know that you and your family had an unforgettable stay with us.

Best regards,

Paradisus Resorts Punta Cana

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (800)
  • Polish first
Saint Charles, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2013

Went with friends and stayed at The Reserve last week. Had a great time!
Our personal concierge Gabrial Bobadilla was wonderful. He checked in with us everyday to make sure everything was to our satisfaction and arranged all our dinner reservations.
The food at the resort was 1st class dining. Our favs were Market Grill, Gabi Grill (lobstor) and the Japanese resturant at the Reserve. Totally enjoyed Hydra grill by the Reserve pool. Ate lunch there most days-excellent grouper. Drinks were terrific at all resturants and bars. Really enjoyed the entertainment at night. Our favorite was the 80s retro party. Our least favorite the Michael Jackson tribute show. The disco looked fun but opened to late for us. Loved the lighting all over the property. Rooms were very spacious. Staff was professional and very friendly! The beach was beautiful-sand was like powder. Very nice mall on the property. Grounds have beautiful lush landscaping! Highly recommend! Wish I was still there but back in single digit temps in Chicago...

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
Rafael T, General Manager at The Reserve at Paradisus Palma Real, responded to this review, January 23, 2013
Dear Guest.

Thank you for selecting The Reserve at Paradisus Palma Real for your friends getaway and for taking part of your valuable time to share your experience with us and future travelers.

I have passed on this review to our team as comments and compliments like yours serve as a great motivation for all of us.

Our beautiful grounds and friendly staff will be awaiting for you to celebrate another great trip.

Cambridge, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2013

From the food to the service everything was amazing, ate a la carte every night and the buffets were great too! The kids loved it and cant wait to go back. The location was nice because it was within walking distance to the mall which was really handy for me because my son was sick as soon as we got off the plane and I needed the pharmacy for a prescription which from some hotels could be a very long cab ride. The golf carts are running continuously to take you wherever you want to go. Master swimup suite was the best definitely worth the extra like being in a small condo not a hotel room!! We always try to experience new places but I would definitely go back to The Reserve! The staff were amazing and knew our names from the first day. My daughter lost her iphone and it was returned promptly by the staff. Very honest people. We used the resort credit for the Cap Cana VIP Dune buggy excursion and it was so much fun, highly recommend it but you will get wet and dirty but the cave and the beach you go to are surreal and you get to swim and clean off.

Room Tip: Master Swimup Suites are the best ask to be closer to Gabby Club if you like to be close to the acti...
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
Long Island, NY
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2013

Theres nothing more that I can say about this resort that hasnt been said. We have stayed at the RIU a few times before and thought that were really great. We wanted a changed though to try something different and the Reserve at the Paradisus was amazing! The resort is beautiful, the food was great, the rooms are nice and comfortable, the people were friendly and sociable. Not in the same class as any other resort we have ever stayed at.
Our concierge Luis Amparo made us feel like we were the only people he needed to attend to. We also left the resort with the feeling that we made a new friend. Top marks for him and the rest of the great staff. Hamlet was an amazing server as well and deserves a mention. Great job to all. We had an incredible time and would not hesitate to ever come back and/or stay at another hotel by Melia.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear guest,

I am happy to know that in The Reserve at Paradisus Palma Real you have found a special place to have an amazing and unforgettable stay and I would like to thank you for appreciating the warmth and dedication of Luis Amparo and Hamlet Rosa. I have personally passed on your compliments to both of them.

It will be an honor to host your stay here in Punta Cana or in any other Melia Hotels International property around the world.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 11, 2013 via mobile

We had a fantastic experience in Punta Cana. After getting used to "island time" and being confined to the resort and its affiliates, we loved our experience. The help was phenomenal! Our three favorite bartenders/servers took care of us wherever we went, and encouraged their co-workers to do the same. Their names were Cristian Santana, Felix Sanchez & Luis Martinez. Can't speak highly enough of those three! Friendly, helpful, funny and treated us like royalty. They will help you with your Spanish if you want to learn, or speak perfect English if that's your comfort level.
Vento is above and beyond the best restaurant on the resort.
Our only drawback was the lack of help at the reception desk within The Reserve. They were forceful when it came to planning excursions (we ended up planning our own) and weren't very nice about changing restaurants or times throughout the week.
Also, do your homework before you come. Some restaurant require long pants for men and closed shoes, ie Vento.
Overall, a great experience! Check out Horseplay too!

• Stayed January 2013
Dear Guest,

I am very pleased to know that you had an amazing time with us and it is a real honor for me to hear your comments about our Vento Restaurant and the exceptional service you have received from Christian Santana, Felix Sanchez, and Luis Martinez. I have shared your compliments with each one of them and with the rest of our team.

I regret that the service of the reception desk did not completely fulfill your expectations. You may rest assured that I took a good note of your particular observations.

Best regards,

Santo Domingo, Dominican Republic
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 11, 2013

My family and I stayed at The Reserve for my birthday weekend. It was well worth the money we paid. Excellent quality, very relaxing and not too packed. We had a double suite and it was simply amazing. Very clean, good quality mattresses and pillows. The overall mood of the hotel was very relaxed and intimate- not too many people and not many children either. It is a hotel for couples and/or families but I wouldn't recommend for children. I will be visiting again. Loved it!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Dear Allison,

Congratulations in your birthday! I am sure you had a wonderful time with your family at our Reserve at Paradisus Palma Real. Our biggest satisfaction is to know that all your expectations were exceeded and that you will visit us again in a near future.

Allison, we await you soon for a next unforgettable family vacation in this your second home.

São Paulo, São Paulo, Brazil
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 11, 2013

We have travelled for a family vacation (myself, my husband and 5 year old daughter). We have selected Paradisus The Reserve and family concierge service based on the comments and tips that we read in Trip Advisor. Definetely we have made the right decision!
Starting with a private check inn with the name of our family in the entrance. High quality and speed. We also had a great surprise to have an upgrade of our room to the Master suite. Really big suite with two jacuzzis. One inside and one outside. Incredible!
Now, the best thing was to be hosted by one very adorable person: Milagros Aslla (Milly). She supported us during the 7 days stay in the hotel. As part of the family concierge, we got a cell phone to contact her for anything we need. She booked all of our restaurants and prepared surprises each night in our bedroon ( candies, toys for my daugther, fun and romantic jacuzzi baths..). She is wonderful!
Also the family concierge gives you the permission to access some areas of the hotel that are reserved for the Club Melia guests including private place in the beach and beautiful pools.
For families that goes with children, this is the best place to stay.
The staff team is so adorable. The serve us as kings. Always with a good sense of humor and smiling for you. This is so great! Hightlight some special people from Hotel: Eusebio Golmer and Santos Ozura Vasques from the Hydro bar, Sanson Santana from the Gabi Club! They are very good professionals!
Best restaurants are Acqua and Vento!
For sure we will come back one more time! Worths every penny!

Room Tip: Qualquer quarto no The reserve e otimo. Mas os segundo e terceiro piso sao mais silenciosos.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Dear Denise,

I feel proud to learn you have had a great stay at The Reserve at Paradisus Palma Real and that our service went beyond your expectations! I am glad to know you enjoyed our Mediterranean restaurants and the Family Concierge services.

I would like to thank for your mention of some of our staff members that went the extra mile to make your stay a better one.

Denise, I hope we will have the opportunity to welcome you back in the near future.

Kind regards,

Paradisus Resorts Punta Cana

Been to The Reserve at Paradisus Palma Real? Share your experiences!