“Best Family Vacation Yet!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Reserve at Paradisus Palma Real

You added The Reserve at Paradisus Palma Real to your Saves list
The Reserve at Paradisus Palma Real
5.0 of 5 Resort (All-Inclusive)   |   Playa de Bavaro, Punta Cana 23000, Dominican Republic   |
Ranked #4 of 102 Hotels in Punta Cana
Windsor
“Best Family Vacation Yet!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 5, 2012

What an amazing resort that totally caters to families. Our family concierge Cesar was so good to us. We went for my sister-in-laws wedding and we were the only one travelling with children. Cesar and the staff at Paradisus took such good care of us. The accommodations were beautiful..the resort clean and stunning...the food was fantastic and the pools and beach were great. I cannot say enough good things about this place.

If you are travelling with family you definitely want to upgrade to the Family Concierge program. They take care of any details you need and make it to effortless to be there with children. Even the restaurants that we went to for dinner had kids menus and the turnover time for food was quick so that we weren't waiting forever trying to entertain our children while waiting for food.

Cesar made arrangements for the bath (which was out on the balcony) to be filled with balloons one day for the kids...and then on our last night arranged for some romance for my husband and myself with rose petals, champagne and chocolate covered strawberries. When we first arrived at the resort they had set out a platter of fruit and some chocolate cupcakes for the kids to welcome us.

The pictures you see on their website are no exaggeration of the beauty you see when you're there.

The snorkeling was great - even with big waves we had a blast. The dune buggy excursion was thoroughly enjoyed - the scenery was beautiful.

We absolutely plan on coming back again...and again!

Room Tip: I wouldn't recommend getting a ground floor room as there would be a lot of foot traffic going p...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Rafael T, General Manager at The Reserve at Paradisus Palma Real, responded to this review, December 17, 2012
Dear Dana,

Your kind and valuable words left me speechless as there is not greater satisfaction than learning that all your expectations were exceed and that you will return in a near future.

Dana, we hope this is the beginning of countless unforgettable family vacations.

Paradisus Resorts Punta Cana

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (671)
  • Polish first
Miami, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 5, 2012

I have no words to express my sincere appreciation to all staff at The Reserve at Paradisus Palma Real. The room was more than we've expected, the service was unbelivable and the property is amazing!
We are a family of 4: 2 adults and we have 2 small children. We all had a blast! my girls were playing under the care of the staff at The Kids Zone while me and my husband had a great time together. There was something to do for our entire family.
The food, kids activities, spa, activities, shows....we tried to relax and had a truly memorable vacation with our kids and our expectations were exceeded every time.
The staff truly care and that is something that can't be learn, it comes from the heart; that's how we felt: the staff truly care for us and were on top of every single detail and made it perfect!
We experienced the Paradisus Palma Real and The Reserve as well and they were both amazing!
We can't wait to come back!!!

Room Tip: They're all quiet, however if you travel with kids you might enjoy The Reserve (any suite is gre...
Dear Guest,

It is truly a pleasure for me to hear that you and your family had a great stay at our The Reserve at Paradisus Palma Real, and that you appreciated the friendliness and dedication of our staff. You may rest assured that I took a good note of your observations.

Fairfield, Connecticut
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 5, 2012

Tomorrow will be one week since our return from The Reserve. I have never written a review before, but I feel compelled to give attention to the wonderful people who made our trip and memories so phenomenal!
We are a family of 4, with two boys, ages 6 and 8. We came to The Reserve to enjoy some family time in combination with some adult time. We set up a Vow Renewal ahead of time so that our anniversary could be a celebration of family.
We stayed in a One bedroom Master Suite with a Family Concierge. We were met by Myra, our concierge upon arrival. She could not have been more attentive or gracious. I had wanted to give our 9 days a framework right away, as I didn't want to waste my time planning each day. She took notes from my wishes and made sure they each happened. Some changes along the way (weather, etc) but she didn't miss a thing. She even took it upon herself to check in on our boys while they were at the Kids Zone. After 5 days Myra told us that she had time off coming and introduced us to Cesar who would be our concierge for our remaining days. I was concerned that we/ and the boys might not develop an attachment to Cesar. But he was every bit as attentive and helpful as Myra. Such a pleasure to deal with.
To me, you get back in life what you put out....
All of the staff treated us so well - so open, so friendly, so willing to get us anything we needed. I only wish I had everyone's name. One of our golf cart drivers referred to us as 'familia'. He was so kind!
All of the guys at the Hydro Grill were great! A shout out to Julio Moya at the pool - who never stopped moving and never sat down. Always with a smile - always. Santos and the other guys there were super friendly.
We ate each morning at the Gabi Club...again, such friendliness. I have to give kudos to Juan Peguero and Wilkin. I miss my cafe con leche in that beautiful setting SO much.
Shelley and Juan at the bar - thanks to them both for super mojitos. Shelley puts effort into making them and double checks that it's right :-)
My boys (and us) could't have been treated better at the Kid's Zone. On average they spend 4 hours per day there...some days all at once, some days scattered about. My 6 year old has asthma and they were more careful with his medicine than me. One day he was sick and they sent for us immediately (we were getting massages at the Spa). Jendhaly, Sahom, Natali, Angel, and Wanda - you were nothing short of fantastic. I was in and out of there many times per day and often saw younger children getting personal attention. My boys made a kite and Angel helped my husband get it in the air. It is a memory we'll treasure - making a kite from palm fronds and plastic and flying it for 1 hour - watching it dip and spin. Isn't that what vacation is for?
The Spa was simply spectacular. Spectacular. And worth every penny. Treat yourself and use it. Start with the Water Ritual. Life re-affirming.
We enjoyed all our meals, for sure liked some more than others. But that is personal preference. I was happy for the variety. I only ask that management consider a Dominican Restaurant - I would have loved to enjoy an evening of local food.
Our Vow Renewal. Mariela from the Romance Department took care of everything. It was a simple thing in my mind - just the 4 of us. But what happened was nothing short of amazing. What a memory for us all. Thank you. Thank you so much. And for anyone considering something special on their trip - you must hire Arrecife Studio for your pictures. Priceless. And our photographer, Rodrigo Torres, was just such a lovely person. What a great experience! Hire them, you will not be disappointed.
I'm sad for it to be over, but we will return! And for all those I forgot - thank you, thank you again :-)

Dear Family,

I am very pleased to know that you had a wonderful stay with us and it is a real honor for me to hear your comments about our facilities and the exceptional service you have received from some members of our staff. I will personally pass on your comments to each one of them.

The Reserve team is going to be more than glad to welcome you back for a next amazing vacation.

NYC
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 5, 2012

We recently returned from our wedding (November 10, 2012) at Paradisus Palma Real and it was absolutely amazing. We were there from November 7th – November 14th. There were about 30 of us there during the course of the week and we all stayed in the Reserve. Alexander Arias Valerio, the Front Desk Manager at the Reserve, was extremely accommodating and a great help to our large group. He assisted us in making reservations for our large group – which is not very easy with that many people. We didn’t always get to sit at the same table but we were accommodated.

I highly recommend the Reserve. It is well worth the money. There are a few extra restaurants, a kiddie pool area, the Kid Zone, and a very relaxing pool area. The rooms were beautiful. We were in a 1 bedroom suite. More room than we needed but we were travelling with a large crowd so it helped to have the extra space when people came back to the room. It was great for the day of the wedding/photos getting ready. I didn't need to rent the bridal suite since the room had more than enough space. One thing about the Reserve and I'm not sure if it's like this in the other part of the resort but the rooms are somewhat dark which was sometimes annoying when trying to get ready! We never had to wait longer than a few minutes for a golf cart ride between the Reserve and the main resort. The ride was literally 2 minutes long.

The Hydro Grill next to the Reserve Pool was a great lunch spot. Adenauer Perez, Santos, & Juan Jose Rosa were there daily and they were great! Very accommodating and helped make our trip a great one. Alexis Benjoi was very accommodating in the Gabi Grill. I really can say enough great things about everyone!

The Wedding was absolutely amazing and we are very pleased with our choice to have the wedding there. Onsite we worked with Massiel for planning and she was absolutely phenomenal and extremely easy to work with! We also worked with Rosa onsite. She attended all of our events and made sure that everything was running as planned and that we had everything we needed. I cannot say enough wonderful things about the staff that worked our Beach BBQ and our wedding. I didn’t get names but the waiters and bartenders were an absolute joy and a pleasure to work with! Everyone involved with the wedding was extremely accommodating and always had a smile on their face.

We chose to do a private event the evening before the wedding. We did a Beach BBQ. It was such a memorable time with family and friends. The decor was beautiful. The food was amazing (grilled lobster tails, steak, chicken, shrimp skewers, salads…) The staff, as usual, was amazing as well. I highly recommend planning an event like this if you down there for a special event. We were having so much fun that we wound up adding an extra hour to the party.
Overall, we all thought the resort was amazing. You never really know what to expect with an all-inclusive but everything was amazing. We were even treated to an authentic Dominican lunch at the Hydro Grill – all you have to do is ask! Empanadas, soups, fish, steak – the works! All you have to do is ask. If I had to complain about one thing, maybe the desserts (although my wedding cake was awesome!!!).

We had such an amazing time. The resort is so picturesque. The staff is absolutely wonderful. I definitely recommend this resort. We had such a memorable experience there. I am so happy that we chose Paradisus Palma Real for our wedding. Feel free to message me with any questions.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Rafael T, General Manager at The Reserve at Paradisus Palma Real, responded to this review, December 15, 2012
Dear Guest,

We are aware that they are few important moments in life as a couple’s wedding, and I feel highly honored to have been trusted with your wedding. Please receive our biggest congratulations on your wedding.

I am happy to know that you have received an excellent service from our staff, especially from the Romance Team, which assisted you with the planning of your dream wedding. I will gladly pass on your compliments to each member of our wonderful team.

We are going to be more than glad be part of your wedding’s anniversary celebration next year.

ny
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 5, 2012

We stayed at the Reserve portion of this hotel -- and I would advise everyone who is looking to book here to read all the reviews -- not just the positive ones. Every negative review should be listed at the top. The place is beautiful as are the rooms. But the service really is terrible. It took us an hour to check in -- and our room wasn't ready until 4:30 -- and even then I had to call and get my bags. You have to make reservations for dinner every nite unless you want to eat in the buffet -- I spent literally a few hours of my time asking for a reservation and waiting for a call back. They do not have a book of menus at the front desk or in your room -- truly a mess. It should be easy but it is not. We had a jacuzzi on the patio but no plug -- and that took two days, four phone calls and a manager to get a plug! Just so many things to mention that were simple to fix and just a pain when you constantly have to call and ask for things again and again. We were three people in a room and they constantly only prepared for two -- not a big deal except when you need things. To enter the spa and use the jacuzzi -- its $28 -- a bit outrageous when you are spending thousands on a 5 day stay. They offer all these coupons when you book on line -- don't give them to you until the second day -- and they are only for things they decide. I was supposed to get $500 in hotel dollars -- 200 FOR room upgrade which they did not have -- 100 for a romantic dinner that cost 300 -- so you only had to pay 200 -- and on and on. Tons of mosquitos -- we were bitten to death. And the liquor was so watered down that it literally tasted like water. I would not go back!

Dear Guest,

First and foremost, please accept our gratitude for you having taken the time to air your comments and concerns. Your observations are very important to us as they allow us to identify our improvement areas. Receive my sincerest apologies if we were not able to meet your expectations. I assure you that the managers of the various departments involved have been informed of your particular observations, and that appropriate measures will be taken wherever possible.

Once again, receive our most sincere apologies and we hope to have the opportunity to serve you again in the future to change your perception about our product.

Beirut
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2012

We were a group of 35 pers,all family,different age groups.I should say that this is the place where a family can have quality time.We stayed 8 nights,at the Reserve,the rooms are all suites,fantastic,large,with one or two Jaccuzis,Leyvy De Aza did not speak english but was always ready to keep the suite clean.The resort is huge,the landscape is very beautiful.People are very friendly,from the front desk manager Alexander to the shuttle drivers who were taking us back and forth to the beach......The food was sometimes very good and other times less,but the chefs and the waiters were so kind that they would never say NO to a request.At breakfast time at the Gabi Club restaurant,Hamlet Rosa,Jairo Pachero,Rudy Polanco,Luis Rodriguez Gabriel Rijo etc.... at the bar Juan Tiren and Shenlly Matos,all of them were so friendly and always at our service.The evening shift at the bar Felix Sanchez and Gustavo Costro,would welcome us with excellent cocktails and always smiling.In short this is a place I recommend for vacations.Take after bite with you.I will come back.

Dear Michel,

In The Reserve we are aware that during the year there are few opportunities for a family holiday away from home, and we know that when finally the family gets together, each one of its members just wants this time to be a perfect and a memorable one. For so, it is a real pleasure to learn we were able to exceed your family`s expectations and leave wonderful memories in your family`s heart.

I appreciate your mention of some of our staff members in this review. You may rest assured I have personally passed on your comments to each one of them.

Michel, we hope to have the pleasure to host your next family holidays in the near future.

Kind regards,

Dallas, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2012

We stayed there from November 14th. /Nov 19th. I want to start saying that this was our best vacation ever!! The hotel was extremely clean, the food delicious, the people awesome, very kind and very friendly, specially Yoseli, Josue, Ramon, Adalberto Herrera and Lorenzo at Gabi Restaurant treated us like our family, Thank you guys We miss you!!!
At the Gabi lounge we ant to mention that Yonifly was extremely kind and just trying to please us!! Bensi at the entrance was very nice too. Eddy Wilson drove us around the hotel The guys at the main lobby Juan Contreras and Starling were the best. The room was very nice and always clean. We don't have any bad comments about the resort. We will go back for sure. We miss our café con leche every morning! We came back in love with the place and the service. The hotel is beautiful and the beach was Great.
Gracias por todo, estuvimos realmente muy contentos y esperamos regresar muy pronto, porfavor una disculpa a los chicos de Gabi que no nos pudimos despedir de ellos. No nos alcanzan las palabras para decirles lo bien que la pasamos. Tenemos fotos y las compartire mucy rponto Gracias Otra vez. Martin y Martha Connor.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to The Reserve at Paradisus Palma Real? Share your experiences!