Tomorrow will be one week since our return from The Reserve. I have never written a review before, but I feel compelled to give attention to the wonderful people who made our trip and memories so phenomenal!
We are a family of 4, with two boys, ages 6 and 8. We came to The Reserve to enjoy some family time in combination with some adult time. We set up a Vow Renewal ahead of time so that our anniversary could be a celebration of family.
We stayed in a One bedroom Master Suite with a Family Concierge. We were met by Myra, our concierge upon arrival. She could not have been more attentive or gracious. I had wanted to give our 9 days a framework right away, as I didn't want to waste my time planning each day. She took notes from my wishes and made sure they each happened. Some changes along the way (weather, etc) but she didn't miss a thing. She even took it upon herself to check in on our boys while they were at the Kids Zone. After 5 days Myra told us that she had time off coming and introduced us to Cesar who would be our concierge for our remaining days. I was concerned that we/ and the boys might not develop an attachment to Cesar. But he was every bit as attentive and helpful as Myra. Such a pleasure to deal with.
To me, you get back in life what you put out....
All of the staff treated us so well - so open, so friendly, so willing to get us anything we needed. I only wish I had everyone's name. One of our golf cart drivers referred to us as 'familia'. He was so kind!
All of the guys at the Hydro Grill were great! A shout out to Julio Moya at the pool - who never stopped moving and never sat down. Always with a smile - always. Santos and the other guys there were super friendly.
We ate each morning at the Gabi Club...again, such friendliness. I have to give kudos to Juan Peguero and Wilkin. I miss my cafe con leche in that beautiful setting SO much.
Shelley and Juan at the bar - thanks to them both for super mojitos. Shelley puts effort into making them and double checks that it's right :-)
My boys (and us) could't have been treated better at the Kid's Zone. On average they spend 4 hours per day there...some days all at once, some days scattered about. My 6 year old has asthma and they were more careful with his medicine than me. One day he was sick and they sent for us immediately (we were getting massages at the Spa). Jendhaly, Sahom, Natali, Angel, and Wanda - you were nothing short of fantastic. I was in and out of there many times per day and often saw younger children getting personal attention. My boys made a kite and Angel helped my husband get it in the air. It is a memory we'll treasure - making a kite from palm fronds and plastic and flying it for 1 hour - watching it dip and spin. Isn't that what vacation is for?
The Spa was simply spectacular. Spectacular. And worth every penny. Treat yourself and use it. Start with the Water Ritual. Life re-affirming.
We enjoyed all our meals, for sure liked some more than others. But that is personal preference. I was happy for the variety. I only ask that management consider a Dominican Restaurant - I would have loved to enjoy an evening of local food.
Our Vow Renewal. Mariela from the Romance Department took care of everything. It was a simple thing in my mind - just the 4 of us. But what happened was nothing short of amazing. What a memory for us all. Thank you. Thank you so much. And for anyone considering something special on their trip - you must hire Arrecife Studio for your pictures. Priceless. And our photographer, Rodrigo Torres, was just such a lovely person. What a great experience! Hire them, you will not be disappointed.
I'm sad for it to be over, but we will return! And for all those I forgot - thank you, thank you again :-)
- Also Known As:
- The Reserve At Paradisus Palma Real Hotel Punta Cana
- The Reserve At Paradisus Palma Real Hotel
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Explore The Reserve, our new boutique resort within a resort, designed for those whose stay in a luxury suite is as important as sun, sea and sand. Including three pools and a la carte restaurants, YHI Spa and gym, Swim up Suites with direct access to the pool Family Concierge Suites. Take benefit of your stay at The Reserve and use its facilities and services as well as the ones in Paradisus Palma Real Resort. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Priceline, Expedia, Sol Melia Hotels and Resorts US, Amex, Travelocity, BookIt.com, Cheap Tickets, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Venere, Otel, Tingo and Jetsetter so you can book your The Reserve at Paradisus Palma Real reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.