After a lot of research by my wife, we decided to give the Reserve a try for our honeymoon...and we weren't disappointed.
We stayed for a glorious 9 days and 8 nights and enjoyed every moment of it. We had a king 1 bedroom suite in the 5200 building. The concierge service was amazing. Our concierge was named Jose Valverde and he went above and beyond to make sure all of our needs were met. He made reservations for us every night and pretty much was there to help us with anything we needed. He never pressured us to do the sales breakfast, but gave us the choice to do it if we wanted. Some of the other guests we met said that their concierge was very pushy and when they declined, she ceased to be helpful to them. Jose ended up helping our new friends out since their concierge all but abandoned them.
Lounging by the pool was great as well. We pretty much had the resort to ourselves as it was the "off season" and met some other nice couples who were down there on their honeymoon as well or for some R&R. Julio was there to make sure we always had drinks in hand and food brought to us literally pool-side (we were in the pool)! He always had a smile on his face and would sing while he saw to everyones need. This guy really goes out of his way to make sure you are well taken care of!
Luis, Shenlly (sp) and Juan, the bartenders at Gabi Club who served us drinks at the swim up bar, were so fun and made us these amazing Dominican Flag shots that were as delicious as they were pretty to look at. Luis also set up a rose petal bath for us in our room w/ champagne and other goodies on our last night.
The Reserve really gives you the best of both worlds. You get all of the amenities of the Palma Real (which you can easily get to with the several golf carts to shuttle you back and forth) along w/ the privacy of the Reserve. The food was amazing. We loved the Sushi at Bana, The whole meal at Bento, and the steak and lobster at Gabi Beach. We also loved the lunches we had at Gabi Beach. The manager Juan de Aza there was outstanding. He too went above and beyond to meet our needs.
We decided to try Passion even though it was an additional fee above our all-inclusive. We were so glad we did, it was worth every penny!! My wife said it was the best meal she had ever had! They stress to you that if you like something and you want more, simply ask. The wine pairing was on point and truly enhanced the meal.
The spa at the Reserve was spectacular too and everyone there was very nice. We did the couples massage and it was very private and super relaxing. My wife has an issue with her lower back and when it cramped up when she went to sit up after the massage, the attendant took the time to go back and work out the knot in her back. Highly recommend this place. You even have access to the facility for the whole day after your treatment is finished. This includes the hydro therapy along w/ the sauna, steam room, and jacuzzis. They also have day beds in there so you can even take a little nap in between.
You can tell that Melia and Paradisus have put a lot of time and thought into guest comfort. From the soothing music playing throughout the resort, the incense they light around the resort every night and the beautiful surroundings...all your senses are envoked. The food was always beautifully presented and tasted amazing! Anyone who didn't enjoy the food at the resort must be crazy (or used to living off fast food and pb&j sandwiches)!
The staff was all incredibly friendly, helpful and other than a few employees that we didn't have much interaction with, they all speak English very well. If an employee didn't understand what we were asking for, they would find another employee to help us.
We enjoyed ourselves so much we're going back in February!
- Also Known As:
- The Reserve At Paradisus Palma Real Hotel Punta Cana
- The Reserve At Paradisus Palma Real Hotel
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Explore The Reserve, our new boutique resort within a resort, designed for those whose stay in a luxury suite is as important as sun, sea and sand. Including three pools and a la carte restaurants, YHI Spa and gym, Swim up Suites with direct access to the pool Family Concierge Suites. Take benefit of your stay at The Reserve and use its facilities and services as well as the ones in Paradisus Palma Real Resort. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Priceline, Sol Melia Hotels and Resorts US, Expedia, Amex, Travelocity, BookIt.com, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Cheap Tickets, Venere, Tingo, Otel and Jetsetter so you can book your The Reserve at Paradisus Palma Real reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.