“Awsome!!!!!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Reserve at Paradisus Palma Real

You added The Reserve at Paradisus Palma Real to your Saves list
The Reserve at Paradisus Palma Real
5.0 of 5 Resort (All-Inclusive)   |   Playa de Bavaro, Punta Cana 23000, Dominican Republic   |
Ranked #4 of 102 Hotels in Punta Cana
Miami, Florida, United States
“Awsome!!!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2012

the hotel amenities are exellent, the employees are 100% at your service, this is our second year for a 10 days vacations and we DO NOT WANT TO LEAVE!!!!! The restaurants are amazing, good food, the service all inclusive you don t have to worry about anything, the beach is wite sand and beautiful as paradise!! children friendly ambiance, when you have a request they RUN to give you satisfaction, I m writing and it brings up all those moments that I m almost crying!!! last year my daugther forgot something and they fedex it back to our home within the next few days of our departure!, they are just incredible, you almost feel bad on how they work hard to make yu feel good!!! exelent choise!!

Room Tip: the swim up rooms, the pool is right on your dor, like private only for you
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
ManagementPPRL, General Manager at The Reserve at Paradisus Palma Real, responded to this review, August 30, 2012
Dear Delma Lina,

We appreciate the confidence placed in us to celebrate your family vacation for the second time. Allow me to express my gratitude for the time you have taken to write a review about your recent stay with us.

Your comments about our service, restaurants, food, and staff are highly appreciated, and they serve as a great motivation for all of us.

Ms. Delma, It will be a real pleasure to host your third stay in this your second home, The Reserve at Paradisus Palma Real Resort where you will experience another awesome vacation.

Managing Director

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (671)
  • Polish first
Paris, France
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2012 via mobile

The reserve at paradisus punta Cana is a gorgeous hotel, with beautiful pools, beach and facilities. But it's all superficial, this hotel can't compete with any of the brand name hotel chains because it doesn't focus on details. The food is less than good and the service in the food areas and restaurants is absolutely terrible. One can wait for a beverage for 30mn and ask several waiters and leave thirsty. I once called room service 9 times before they answered and when my food came 1 hour later it was cold and moist.
The hotel is very nice but they need to severely shape up their staff and their cooks

• Stayed August 2012
Palm Harbor
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2012

We just returned late last night from our trip...I have so many great things to say! The resort is as beautiful (or better) than the pictures show. I highly recommend staying at the Reserve as it wasn't nearly as crowded as the other side of the resort and the restaurants are better. Some of our FAVORTIES include: Family Conceirge Milly...the best and worth the upgrade!, our favorite waitor was Hamlet Rosa @ Gabi & Aqua...was very attentive, helpful and wanted to make sure we had a great meal the last night of our stay! (I think he will be a great conceirge as well) and I also liked Leidy Espinal who always seemed to be where we were eating and helped us get seated timely! Food & drinks were great and the kids had a terrific time as well...5 nights was probably not long enough!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
ManagementPPRL, General Manager at The Reserve at Paradisus Palma Real, responded to this review, August 22, 2012
Dear guest,

I would like to thank you for selecting us as your vacation destination. It pleases us to hear your comments about our facilities and the great service you have received from Milly, Hamlet Rosa, and Leydi Espinal. Comments such as yours serve as great motivation for all of us and I will personally pass on your compliments to each one of them.

We are going to be more than glad to welcome at your second home, The Reserve at Paradisus Palma Real Resort.

Regards,

New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2012

The purpose of this e-mail is to praise Alexander Arias Valerio, Reception Reserve Manager, Isabel Gonzalez, Hotel Manager and Genaro Gil, Guest Service from the Reserve as they went above and beyond to take care of us during our 6 days vacation at the Paradisus Palma Real Reserve Resort.

I cannot stress enough how much of an impression Alexander, Isabel, Genaro and their staff made on us, and their commitment to your company to make sure your customers received the best possible outcome from a situation not of their making. I know we did not thank them enough but I hope you will share this with all of them. Thanks a bunch for all the extras you did for my wife and I on our wedding anniversary. Personally I enjoyed Alexander’s selection in rooms!

We want to thank you so much for what was a memorial trip! Everything was perfect and we were happy with every part! Also, thanks for all your patience with all my changes and needs. So many difficult itineraries for so many different people! The service from the Reserve staff and especially,

Gustavo Castro, Felix Sanchez, Junior Castro, Franchesca Arredondo, Leidy Espinal,
Juan Jose Rosa, Joel Matgo, Omar Molia, Rafeal Jimenes, David Mendoza, Anauri Santana, Octavio Eran, Dahiana Enriquz, Joel Matgo, Jose Ramos, Luis Amparo,
Pedro Paulino, Jacobo Cap, Luis E. Rodriquez, Rudy Polanco, Felix Grullian, Adolfo Pasual from Mizu.

Milkiades Lucino, Juan de Aza Equipo from Gabi Beach. Gabriel Rijo from Hydro Grill & Aqua Restaurant and a special thank to all the members of the activity staff for keeping us entertained every day and night. GREAT JOB!

Overall; restaurant and concierge staff was the best. All the food was amazing especially the Hydro Grill waiters, bartender and especially the Chefs they made sure we were happy with their services. FUN TIME! Thank you!”

I have used The Paradisus Palma Real Resort for our wedding anniversary for the past 2 years and have had excellent experiences. We also have some near future travel plans that we will be making as well. I wanted you to know that one of the reasons we will keep coming back to you is, Alexander Arias Valerio, he was the first one I spoke with as we planned a trip to the Paradisus Palma Real Reserve and Genaro Gil from Guest Services. Ever since then, this is who I will call. They did a great job of finding out specific details and follow-up with the customer. Thanks for the great job. Your team did an excellent job in making sure we are happy and return the next time.

Your evening entertainment was wonderful, especially “CHILL OUT” night by the Gabi Beach Restaurant/Bar. There nothing better than dancing under the stars and on the beach. GREAT NIGHT!

Best Regards
Mr. Carlos Guzman
Mrs. Myrna Rios-Guzman

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Mr. & Mrs. Guzman,

First of all, I would like to thank you for your preference in selecting us for your family vacation, as well as for letting us know about your recent experience. Your kind and valuable words left me speechless as there is not greater satisfaction for us than learning that all your expectations were exceed and that you will return in a near future.

Thank you for letting us become part of this important occasion in your life.

Best regards,

CLEVELAND
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2012

I know, I waited a little long to write this review about this piece of heaven in the Dominican Republic. Our stay there was spectacular. We got there and we were directed to our room right away, a plus for us since we were very tired. My wife had left Cleveland a little sick that day so by the time we got there she was not feeling well. The next morning I called to see if there was any medical help close to us. The staff there went out of their way to make sure she was taking care off. That afternoon she felt better. We received several calls form Jasmin to make sure she was OK, even a few days later. Thank you all for the attention. Alexander from the Reception was excellent as well.

I do not understand what people are looking for from the staff. We felt welcome everywhere we went, specially when everyone called us by our first name with respect. I have to mention a few of the great people that work hard at The Reserve:
1- The lady that cleaned our room, Elin Diaz thank you for everything; she make sure we had everything we need.
2- The main guy at Gabi Bar, Felix Sanchez; hooked my up everyday with the Passion Fruit and the Mama Juana. In the morning, the other person at Gabi Bar that was very pleasant to us was Shenlly Matos.
3- I have to mention the best two waiters you have in the buffet area and at Aqua: Deury Sabino and Hamlet Rosa. Always very attentive and friendly.
4- The other gut that was very nice to us was Adalberto Jimenez. He even went out of his way and got my wife some fresh coconuts since she mentioned she loves to drink coconut water. Thank you Adalberto.
5- A special mention to Linda Fortin who was the one by the cigars and to Johansy who was the first person we have contact with there - gracias primo.

The property in general is gorgeous and exclusive. The pool all around the resort was a nice touch as well as the landscaping.I will go back there with my eyes closed.
Thank you everyone for making us spent an unforgettable week at The Reserve Palma Real.
Muchas gracias a todos.
Sergio & Luz Rios

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Mr. & Mrs. Rios,

I would like to thank you for the confidence placed in us to celebrate your family vacation. I am happy to know that in The Reserve, you have found the perfect place for a relaxing vacation.

I feel proud and grateful for your compliments on the efforts and dedication demonstrated by all our staff. It is thanks to our excellent team that we are able to accomplish our goal - the total satisfaction of our guests. I will gladly pass on your compliments to each one of them.

We are going to be more than glad to welcome you soon for a next great vacation at your second home, The Reserve at Paradisus Palma Real Resort.

FLORIDA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2012

My buddy and I wanted to chill at the most upscale all inclusive we could find and at the same time find a "good deal" . We decided to book the Reserve at the Paradisus Palma Real. The Reserve is a newer, smaller, more upscale section of the main hotel. You still have full access to everything at the main hotel but also enjoy the newer and less crowded pools, restaurants, and spa at the Reserve. Also, you have your own section of private beach adjacent to the section for the Paradiscus Palma Real and the Melia Tropical (sister hotels next door). I must say that the food and service was superior to many of the other places I have stayed in Punta Cana. Adalberto Jimenez was our Pool Concierge and made a great contribution to the experience. The Reserve staff all around was awesome including Gustavo Castro, Feliz Sanchez, Clara De La Cruz, and Fernando Herrera who all worked around the Gabi Club restaurant and bar, just to name a few of the many exceptional people. The rooms were spacious, clean and comfortable. I recommend asking for the third floor of building 50 as the rooms are larger and located closet to the main lobby. This is a great family and couples hotel, but there is also plenty to do if you are just chilling with a friend or two. I wouldn't recommend it to singles unless you are in a group or don't mind mingling elsewhere. By the way, there is great shopping at Plaza Palma Real just outside the hotel as well as entertainment at the Hard Rock Cafe in the same plaza (Not to be confused with Hard Rock Hotel which is 20 minutes away). The main hotel area and beach is probably one of the nicest in Punta Cana. It's worth a look.

Room Tip: Building 50 is adjacent to lobby. If you can capture the third floor facing the pool, you get a bigg...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
Dear guest,

I would like to thank you for selecting us as your vacation destination. It pleases us to hear your comments about our facilities and the great service you have received from Adalberto Jimenez, Gustavo Castro, Felix Sanchez, Clara de la Cruz, and Fernando Herrera. I will personally pass on your compliments to them.

Once again, thank you for your valuable comments and I look forward to welcome you again at The Reserve at Paradisus Palma Real Resort.

Best regards,

Staten Island, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2012

ACCOMMODATIONS: The room was beautiful; stayed in the Master swim up, the swim up was nice but we really didn’t us it. The Jacuzzi in the suite did not work well - it was never fixed even with numerous calls to the front desk. The channels were all in Spanish – it seemed as though the room was set up for Spanish speaking guest and this issue was also never resolved. To my surprise most of the guest where not from the US - most spoke Spanish only I along with most of the staff.

THE FOOD took some getting used too; we ate everywhere that didn’t require a reservation because after our daily excursions we usually missed the reservation time. Don’t expect the food that you get in the US, especially the meat. After the first day I thought I would surely starve but you can find something at the buffets. Room service is free, they have burgers, and pizza.

CLUB MELIA TIMESHARE -The woman that greeted us at check-in and was assigned to our room help with excursions and reservations but their main goal is to get you to agree to listen to the CLUB MELIA TIMESHARE CRAP. Three hours wasted, very pushy sales people, but we did get a free 7 day/ 6 night getaway which looks like it might just equal out to maybe a $1000/ $2000 discount because you still have to pay for all inclusive and flight.

THE BECH HAD A LOT OF SEA WEED but it wasn’t that bad – I read the reviews ahead of time and was aware/ expected it.

I RECOMMEND
•Sunny C for travel from the airport to the hotel, I used a calling card and called the hotel – they set it up for me $60.00 Private van.

•We walked down the beach and found RED EXCURSION HUT, $50.00 a person got us our own speed boat (you can drive and ride alone following the guide in another boat or a guide will travel with you)
The guide took us to a natural pool; there is nothing in the water here, no fish or anything and you can stand in the water, shallow water. When we were finished there it was getting dark so they told us to return the following day for snorkeling. When we returned the next day they took us right out. They provide everything you need. This was one of the best excursions.

•We also did the $178 a person, DOLPHIN EXPLORER which was great but the water makes you itch.

•We also did the ROMANTIC JACUZZI set up, for $55.00 they set up the Jacuzzi with bubble bath, rose peddles, champagne, candles and chocolate covered strawberries (4 only). It was worth it.

•NIGHT LIFE at the hotel was boring, even though the shows were ok we ventured out to a club called Mangu which was a lot of fun, good music, mixed with tourist and natives, get there after 1:00 am. The hotel arranged for a cab to take us there and it was no trouble to get a cab back.

We didn't love the Adventure buggy excursion/ the water is deep in the cave, dont jump if you can't swim.

The staff in the front of the hotel that arange for the carts to take you to the main hotel provide the best serice and have all the info. The Reserve is huge, we stay 5 days/ 4 nights and didn't even see half the hotel it is so big.

Remember that the staff stay on site for weeks at a time so they are a little streched to the max.

I recommend this resort because even w/ the cons it is still wonderful and better than most. Its worth the money. We plan on returning with our 12 year old son later this year.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear guest,

Thank you selecting us for your vacation and for extending us your comments about service and staff. It pleases us to know that we completely fulfilled your expectations.

All The Reserve team is going to be more than glad to welcome you again to pamper you at your second home, The Reserve at Paradisus Palma Real.

Kind regards,

Managing Director

Been to The Reserve at Paradisus Palma Real? Share your experiences!