“wedding in paradise” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Reserve at Paradisus Palma Real

You added The Reserve at Paradisus Palma Real to your Saves list
The Reserve at Paradisus Palma Real
5.0 of 5 Resort (All-Inclusive)   |   Playa de Bavaro, Punta Cana 23000, Dominican Republic   |
Ranked #4 of 102 Hotels in Punta Cana
Yonkers, New York
“wedding in paradise”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 3, 2012

my son got married in this resort on 4/28/12 and I was truly in paradise.
The place is beautiful & spotless. The service was wonderful. Everyone was eager to assist us in anything we needed. The food was great and we had the best staff getting us drinks and food by the pool and beach. I specially would like to thank the following for all their kindness & service at The Reserve; Juan Bautista, Chef Octavio Fransua,David Mendoza, Pedro Paulino, Hamlet Rosa, and Natanael Silvestre. There were many more but I cannot name them all. Thank you for making our stay so pleasant and for being so very simpatico with all 60+ guests.
I hope to see you all again soon en el Paraiso Dominicano.

Room Tip: All rooms are suites in this resort. More than enough room.
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (671)
  • Polish first
Boston, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2012

I recently stayed at The Reserve at the Paradisus Palma Real for 7 nights with my boyfriend and 8 other people and it was absolute paradise! The resort grounds are stunning; I have never seen anything like it. Our room was amazing! We had a one bedroom master suite which was huge and had both an indoor and outdoor Jacuzzi. The pool at the reserve is large and free form so there are plenty of places to swim but also have a bit of privacy. We never had any issues getting chairs around the pool, there were always plenty. The beach is at the main hotel, the Paradisus Palma Real and is only a short golf cart ride away. The food is delicious, I did not have one bad meal the entire time I was there. I have never been to an all-inclusive resort before but other that I was with said it’s the best food at an all-inclusive they have ever had. Vento, the Mediterranean restaurant, and Gabi Beach were my absolute favorite places for dinner. The rib eye steaks at Gabi Beach, as well as the Black Angus and Chilean sea bass dinner were outstanding. The buffets were all very good as well, but my favorite spot for lunch was Hydro Grill, next to the pool at the Reserve. What truly made my time here memorable was the staff. I still cannot believe how helpful, friendly, polite, kind and funny the staff was. I cannot say enough good things about these individuals. Always a smile on everyone’s face, and always doing whatever they can to get you what you need and make your vacation truly memorable. Jordy Jimenez was our “adopted” concierge as our concierge wasn’t really very helpful. Jordy helped us make all of our reservations for dinner. Shenlly Matos, Hamlet Rosa, Santos Ozuna, Deivi Cueto, Wilkin Rosiaro, Marlienia Belliard, Juan Peguero, Ramon Joseph, Natanael Silvestre, Juan Bautista, Gabriel Rijo, Adenawer Perez and Davies Mendoza at the Reserve all went above and beyond to accommodate our group, and always had a smile or something funny to say that made us laugh. Frandy Santana at the main resort was also a great server when we went to the buffet for dinner one night. Any request we had during our stay was granted, we were never told no for anything we wanted. It was honestly a dream vacation. I would recommend this resort to anyone and hope that I will be able to return someday.

The only suggestion I have is the music/lack of activities at the Reserve. I understand that many people go there to relax, but when you are in the Dominican Republic many people want to hear Caribbean music! They played the type of music you would hear at the Spa while getting a massage. It would have been nice to hear some island music. It also would have been enjoyable if there were more organized activities at the Reserve. I understand you can find some activities at the main hotel, but it would have been nice to have them at our hotel.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with friends
ManagementPPRL, General Manager at The Reserve at Paradisus Palma Real, responded to this review, May 4, 2012
Dear Gina,

It is truly a pleasure for me to learn that you and the people you were travelling with had an awesome stay at our The Reserve at Paradisus Palma Real, and that you appreciated the friendliness and dedication of our staff. It is thanks to our excellent team that we are able to accomplish our goal - the total satisfaction of our guests. I will gladly pass on your compliments to each of them.

I greatly appreciate your constructive observations about our activities program and your recommendations for the music. You may rest assured that your recommendations and suggestions will definitely be evaluated and taken into consideration.

We await you soon at The Reserve at Paradisus Palma Real for a next Dream Vacation that comes true.

Kind regards,

Rafael Torres
Managing Director
Rockledge, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2012

We just returned from our Punta Cana vacation & have nothing but praise for the hotel & staff. Although The Reserve is very laid back with virtually no activities during the daytime & just a DJ or excellent singers near the bar at night, The Palma Real, a short golfcart ride away, has many activites. The staff at The Reserve though, is exceptional. The one that stands out most to me with her warm friendly service was Shenlly Matos, who endeared herself to us from the moment we arrived until our almost tearful goodbye. However, Deivi Cueto, Santos Ozuna, Jordy Jimenez, Juan Peqvero and Juan Bautista were also great. Oh and we can not forget Hamlet Rosa, Ramon Joseph, Gabriel Rijo, Marienia Belliard, Natanael Sivestre and Adenawer Perez. Wherever they saw us, they would come up and say hello and ask if there was anything we needed. They would offer to take our pictures, hold out our chair, remember that we drank tea and not coffee. There were so many small things that they did that added up to a great vacation & a fabulous memory! I recommend The Reserve to anyone who wants to vacation in luxury with a nice combination of quiet time as well as entertainment. If you do go there and see them, please tell them that the Boston/Florida group says "Hi" and keep up the excellent work!!!! By the way, Le Cirque presentation at the Paradisus Palma Real was an excellent performance enjoyed by all.

Room Tip: Poolside balconies or swim up rooms are really great!
Delafield, Wisconsin, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2012

The beautiful resort, setting and wonderful staff (including Juan Bautista!) made my stay incredible! I will be back with the family very soon.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
Dear Craig,

Thank you selecting us for your vacation and for extending us your comments about our service and staff. It pleases us to know that we completely fulfilled your expectations. It will be a real pleasure to host your next stay in the near future.

Kind regards,

Rafael Torres
Managing Director
Forest
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2012

My husband and I traveled here to celebrate our 20th anniversary. This was a trade-in on our RCI timeshare. The pictures and reviews prior to our trip drew us in to this resort, but we were overwhelmed when we got there and saw the beauty and excellence of this facility. The grounds were immaculate and our room was very well-appointed and comfortable. The staff in all areas of the resort were very friendly and helpful. At the Reserve you are some distance from the beach, however, we enjoyed the walk through the beautiful gardens each day and you always have the option of riding the shuttle. For most of our stay, we felt like we had the resort to ourselves. There are lots of private areas to sit and relax by the pool and we were always able to get an umbrella on the beach if we got down there fairly early. The beach area is somewhat busy and sometimes a little noisy with boat traffic going by from other resorts. We enjoyed taking out the sailboats and savoring the yummy drinks while sitting on the beach. There is security on the beach (unobtrusive) and we were not hasseled by anyone trying to sell us anything. I would forewarn those going to the main resort there is an evening that local merchants are allowed to come into the hotel and sell their wares. We were there for dinner and were greeted on our way out by some very eager sellers. Needless to say, we fell prey to paying way too much for some touristy items that we found much cheaper elsewhere a day later. Live and learn. We assume the Dominican economy is a little better off since we made our purchases and it did not detract from our trip. The food here was good and there was a variety of restaurants and cuisines to choose from. My husband and I also enjoyed a couples massage at the amazing spa. Very nice! There seemed to be a lot of large groups vacationing here together (families, friends, etc) and the resort was very accomodating to their needs. Overall, we had a wonderful time here and I would recommend it to anyone looking for a relaxing and beautiful place to vacation.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
Baldwin, NY
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2012

The entire staff at the Reserve were the friendliest and most helpful group of people we have ever encountered. The following people in particular who went above and beyond to make our stay more enjoyable:
Deivi Cueto (Honey), Juan Peqvero, Shenlly Matos (Special), Hamlet Rosa, Santos Ozuna (Yankee), Wilkin Rosiaro (Winkie), Marlenia Belliard, Ramon Joseph, Natanael Sivestre, Gabriel Rijo, Adenawer Perez, Juan Bautista and Jordy Jimenez (who helped us and made all our reservations for dinner).
Because of them we will definitely be planning another trip to the Paradisus, The Reserve.
In addition the medical staff at the clinic: Dr. Donais, Dra. Guilamo, Lic Rosano, Lic De La Rosa were friendly, professional and helpful with an injury sustained during our stay.
We would recommend the Paradisus Reserve as a vacation spot for everyone. You will enjoy the atmosphere, weather and accommodations, but most of all, you will enjoy the people.

Hopkinton, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2012

My stay at The Reserve was excellent. The servers really went above and beyond to make sure we had an excellent trip. The activity director at the Reserve, Luis known as Pikachou, was the nicest person ever! He was doing the 4:30 classes at the reserve and was very friendly and nice. He taught me how to paint, make drinks, tango, and I even got a massage as well as learned how to give massages during one of his workshops. He was mostly at the main hotel, and during the night shows he would make sure we had good seats and were comfortable and all set. Luis has a great sense of humor and was always making jokes. He was both professional and passionate about his job. It was so nice to meet Pikachou and to stay at the reserve it is such a nice resort. Also, we can not forget to mention the friendliness and attention of so many of the other personnel including Jordy, Gustavo, Cuba, Louis R and Ronnie. I told my parents that this is definitely a place I'd like to return to.
Will Boston, Massachussetts

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family

Been to The Reserve at Paradisus Palma Real? Share your experiences!