Our family stayed at the Palace Deluxe arriving July 6 and leaving the 13. The resort is just a short bus trip from Punta Cana Airport. The grounds are amazing and the pools are awesome. Very family oriented with swimming pools dedicated to young children and a small water park for older kids ( for a fee ). We saw plenty of teenagers walking around at all hours with a teen disco for them to congregate at. The food was very good at the buffet style restaurants and pretty good at the restaurants that require reservations. You have to eat at the Japanese restaurant. The food was awesome and the show, a la Benihana, was also great. We had no problems reserving the catamarans and snorkel gear. The beach crew was entertaining ( led by Espaghetti ). They would pull you from your lounger and make you play games for booze. Did not see one drunk person in all my time there even though plenty of people were partaking of the spirits. Then why not great?
First we were a family of five with two rooms. At check in, they wanted to place us in far away rooms on different floors. Mind you, we had requested side by side rooms since we have a young one. I was mildly upset and was punished by not receiving a room till after 5:00 pm. (Same floor, different wings of the building). The waiters and waitresses were not great, either. During meals, they would get your first round of drinks alright, but then they would not come by the table any more. It got to the point that we would order two of everything. Lastly, do not leave the resort. We took a trip to the capital, Santo Domingo, and my daughter and I are still paying for it. We believe it is travelers diarrhea but are awaiting the lab's results.
Overall, you get a lot of bang for your buck. The bartenders are awesome and Dominicans are very friendly. Don't drink the water. :)
- Also Known As:
- Barcelo Bavaro Palace Deluxe Hotel
- Barcelo Bavaro Palace Deluxe Hotel Punta Cana
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Barceló Bávaro Palace Deluxe*****, a unique and unrepeatable locationon the best beach of Punta Cana, protected by a coral reef that converts the sea into a natural swimming pool.This an all-inclusive luxury gastronomic hotel is a new concept in luxury on the best beach in Punta Cana.All the rooms have terrace and sea views (front or partial) and jacuzzi for two persons with hydrotherapy, Well-being of the latest generation. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Barcelo, Orbitz, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., BookIt.com, Cheap Tickets, Amex, Travelocity, Otel, Priceline, Hotels.com, Venere, Tingo and Fareportal so you can book your Barcelo Bavaro Palace Deluxe reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.