We enjoyed a wonderful group vacation experience that was arranged by Trip Guy Travel. I was pleasantly surprised by how nice the resort and amenities were- far exceeded my expectations as I was unfamiliar with the Barcelo brand. I am leaving my top five comments that are helpful if you planning to vacation here.
1)Resort, accommodations, amenities and extras were superb. Extremely clean, well maintained grounds, pools are exceptional, variety of activities and entertainment, spa is adequate; a solid 4 star experience.
2) Food and beverage leaves much to be desired but you can upgrade to Club Premium for $30 pp per day and have premium restaurant reservations, concierge lounge, free use of spa facilities and more. I found something at every meal that was good it just took seeking out. Breakfast I enjoyed fruit, fresh made scrambled eggs/omelet, french toast. There are too many choices, but I only found a few to be desirable for any meal. Lunch or dinner fresh made pasta dishes were best, salad bar was average. I also had chicken breast, fish, rice with vegetables, broccoli, pizza (some good/some bad) shrimp and potatoes that were very good, however, there were several things I did not finish and most of the buffet choices I snubbed.
3) It is difficult to get reservations at the restaurants so book those asap. Also- all reservation restaurant require men to wear pants so be sure to have a pair. The food overall is a little better at the restaurants.
4) I found service to be excellent, especially maid service, maintenance, front desk, bathrooms, concierge and bar service at most bars. If the bars are busier you will notice the bartenders only help one person at a time you have to basically wait your turn- tipping a dollar or two helps. Restaurant service was slower than expected- you are on island time so relax and enjoy; it is not efficient like service in the US. Service in the buffet restaurants were mostly very prompt compared to restaurants because they are used to turning tables faster.
5) Pools and beach area is wonderful, they also have pools specifically for the little ones. Family amenities seemed really cool- club, mini golf, water park area. There are also lots of tours or excursions to experience more of DR or Punta Cana. Shows were fun and lots of people were there to watch. Resort is quite expansive so be prepared to walk a bit although they have mini tram trains to take you around too.
Overall the resort was wonderful and I definitely recommend it for the price.
- Also Known As:
- Barcelo Bavaro Palace Deluxe Hotel
- Barcelo Bavaro Palace Deluxe Hotel Punta Cana
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Barceló Bávaro Palace Deluxe*****, a unique and unrepeatable locationon the best beach of Punta Cana, protected by a coral reef that converts the sea into a natural swimming pool.This an all-inclusive luxury gastronomic hotel is a new concept in luxury on the best beach in Punta Cana.All the rooms have terrace and sea views (front or partial) and jacuzzi for two persons with hydrotherapy, Well-being of the latest generation. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Venere, Expedia, Barcelo, Orbitz, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., BookIt.com, Cheap Tickets, Amex, Otel, Priceline, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Fareportal and Tingo so you can book your Barcelo Bavaro Palace Deluxe reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.