This is one of the most beautiful resorts I have been to. The beach is great, but we found 90% of the employees here to be very rude and generally unhappy.
We found one person in Club Premium to be excellent and the rest appeared to be upset that we came in as with other people seeking help.
The buffet staff was the worst I have ever experienced. How hard is it to put some napkins and forks on the tables? Some meals we couldn't get water or coffee. There was one waitress in the buffet that was absolutely great and we would seek out her section when available.
Casino cashier staff, total B#@ches! Talk about hating your job or just people in general. All I wanted was change for my $1,000 peso bill, you know tip money.
Our cleaning lady for the first 5 days, was terrible. If I am out of shampoo, nuts, coffee, water and beer at the same time, please replace them. Daily tips did not seem to make up for the lack of customer service. We paid good money for an ocean front room, club premium for a reason, 20 year anniversary. Buzz kill.
Fortunately, we got a different cleaning lady for the last five days and she was much better. Not the best, but did remember to replace most of the used items in the room. Attention to detail is lacking here by the cleaning staff.
If you want very good service, go to Sticker's bar. They are great and the food is really good. Don't get your hopes up for quality liquor even with club premium. Absolut is not quality vodka.
All in all, my wife and I never go back to Barcelo in Punta Cana. If you want an excellent Barcelo experience, go to Cabo San Lucas. The entire staff there is excellent. Everyone is friendly and greets you with a smile.
Don't be surprised when you travel outside the resort of how dirty the country is. Trash everywhere. Even up in the mountain region on an excursion there was trash all along the road.
- Also Known As:
- Barcelo Bavaro Palace Deluxe Hotel
- Barcelo Bavaro Palace Deluxe Hotel Punta Cana
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Barceló Bávaro Palace Deluxe*****, a unique and unrepeatable locationon the best beach of Punta Cana, protected by a coral reef that converts the sea into a natural swimming pool.This an all-inclusive luxury gastronomic hotel is a new concept in luxury on the best beach in Punta Cana.All the rooms have terrace and sea views (front or partial) and jacuzzi for two persons with hydrotherapy, Well-being of the latest generation. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Barcelo, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Hotels.com, Expedia, Orbitz, BookIt.com and Tingo so you can book your Barcelo Bavaro Palace Deluxe reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.