My wife and I stayed here for a week and I wish we could have stayed longer. The rooms are very modern and very clean. The restaurants were very good and had a lot of variety to choose from. I recommend that the first thing you do when you get there is go and book your reservations for dinner for every night that you will be staying there, some of the restaurants will book up. Try and schedule them around your excursions as well. You don't need to tip there but it is nice to leave a few US dollars after dinner, especially if your service was good. I also would recommend getting a room with and ocean view as ours did not. It is not a huge deal but it would be great to just walk out from your room to the beach and maybe get breakfast on your deck with a view.
We went on the dune buggy excursion and it was pretty fun but expect to be completely submerged in dirt and mud. It was really fun but DON'T wear anything that you don't want to just throw away right after you get back. We all did a tour to the capital which was interesting and kind of broke up the week a bit.
Take time to go and get dance lessons on the beach and take time to just relax. There are plenty of places to go and take a nap and enjoy the weather. It may rain a bit, but it is usually over in like 10-15 min and then it is sunny again. This was a great value for what you get, we saw a lot of other hotels when we the bus was picking up other guests on one of our excursions and this was the nicest that we saw. Also take time to walk down the beach to the little market, there are some fun things to see and buy, but beware they are very pushy sales guys there. Fortunately I can speak spanish which was a big help.
- Also Known As:
- Barcelo Bavaro Palace Deluxe Hotel
- Barcelo Bavaro Palace Deluxe Hotel Punta Cana
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Barceló Bávaro Palace Deluxe*****, a unique and unrepeatable locationon the best beach of Punta Cana, protected by a coral reef that converts the sea into a natural swimming pool.This an all-inclusive luxury gastronomic hotel is a new concept in luxury on the best beach in Punta Cana.All the rooms have terrace and sea views (front or partial) and jacuzzi for two persons with hydrotherapy, Well-being of the latest generation. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Barcelo, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., BookIt.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Amex, Travelocity, Cheap Tickets, Otel, Priceline, Hotels.com, Venere and Tingo so you can book your Barcelo Bavaro Palace Deluxe reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.