When my husband and I were shown to our room I realized this was not the Master Suite Ocean Front Club Premium room I had paid for. I had also requested a quiet area, but instead was put in right in front of the adult pool which was quite noisy and with no real view of the ocean. I notified the front desk right away and told them I wanted a different room with a view and not a loud area. Since we were "premium members" due to our room, I thought this would help, although they stated this was impossible that there were no other rooms in this category available. I didn't believe this and told her so because at this point the resort wasn't close to full. I did receive a call back within five minutes and was told that we would be moved the next day, and not to unpack. The manager was very apologetic for the inconvenience and indeed we were moved around 1:30 the next day and they did upgrade the room to a panoramic room as well which was beautiful. I was also disappointed that this resort does charge extra to use their own reef to snorkel this should be included. The quality of the food was the same as most resorts, but with more variety with the a la cart restaurants. The resort itself is beautiful, the beach with plenty of chairs, palm trees sun and shade. The pools are very clean and pretty. The staff very attentive, and even if they cant speak much english, they speak enough and try very hard. The rooms are awesome and the jacuzzi on the deck is perfect. The entertainment staff is great, and the shows at night are a bit cheesy at times but much more entertaining then most resorts I have stayed, they are not all in English but it didn't matter. Anytime I needed anything I just called the desk and they responded right away, although room service is a bit slow so allow at least a hours for that. The weather was awesome Sunny with a 20 minute shower maybe twice the six days I was there, although the forecast made it look like it was going to be raining the entire week. I did get sick on day five which I am still battling with now. I would definitely go back to this resort but just make sure of my room before I arrive to it, and maybe take better precautions to avoid TD which you can get anywhere.
- Also Known As:
- Barcelo Bavaro Palace Deluxe Hotel
- Barcelo Bavaro Palace Deluxe Hotel Punta Cana
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Barceló Bávaro Palace Deluxe*****, a unique and unrepeatable locationon the best beach of Punta Cana, protected by a coral reef that converts the sea into a natural swimming pool.This an all-inclusive luxury gastronomic hotel is a new concept in luxury on the best beach in Punta Cana.All the rooms have terrace and sea views (front or partial) and jacuzzi for two persons with hydrotherapy, Well-being of the latest generation. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Barcelo, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Hotels.com, Expedia, Orbitz, BookIt.com and Tingo so you can book your Barcelo Bavaro Palace Deluxe reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.