“Learning to Surf...easy as 1-2-3” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #3 of 161 Activities in Punta Cana
Type: Surf Camps, Adventure
More attraction details
Owner description: Three Jesus loving friends with more than 30 years of experience, got together to share their Stoke and all the benefits that Surfing gave them through their life; teaching kids from 4 to 76 years old to Surf, to respect the ocean and nature in general. We are in one of the most beautiful and undeveloped beaches of the Dominican Republic, on the Punta Cana area: Macao Beach, a localism free beach where everybody is welcome, with six different breaks and one of the safest beaches to learn how to surf, and yet exciting enough for experienced surfers. Literally making dreams come true, specially for those that dreamed all their life about riding waves, for those that want to make Surfing their main sports activity, and also for those that just want to get Surfing out of their "bucket list". Surf Shack with showers and lockers.
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Houston, Texas
4 attraction reviews
“Learning to Surf...easy as 1-2-3”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 12, 2014

Rafael and his instructors were so attentive and helpful teaching our group of 5 adults how to surf. After learning the basic technique on land, we were each assigned our own instructor who stayed nearby in the water to give pointers throughout the afternoon.

I was skeptical that I would be able to surf so quickly but Rafael was right when he said he would have us surfing by the end of the lesson. Great way to spend the afternoon. Beach was beautiful and water was a perfect temperature.

They also took dozens of pictures of us and made us a short video that included everyone surfing, so we have great keepsakes of our surfing adventures.

We will definitely surf with them again when we visit the DR!

Visited December 2014

Saint Paul, Minnesota
“My 1st Surfing Experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2014

I absolutely LOVED my experience with the Rafael and the Macao Surf Camp pros. They were all so helpful and patient and really made my first time surfing an experience I will never forget!

Rafael came to pick us up from our hotel Paradisus Punta Cana and shared so much trivia and knowledge with us just on the ride to the camp! When we got to the beach, I was in awe. It's so beautiful: pure white sand (no rocks or seaweed) and the water is shallow (even non-swimmers can feel confident). The 2-hr lesson starts off on land with the basics, then moves to the ocean where the surf pros in the water help you wave after wave. If you're having problems getting up, Rafael himself comes out to give his expert advice! You get a little break to eat bananas and water to replenish, and then get back in to finish out the lesson. Oh, and they have camera dudes both in and out of the water, so you can get a DVD of all your photos when you leave. It's a great keepsake for a great price!

One of my favorite parts was meeting Jack the dog! We even got to see him surf. I would totally recommend checking out Macao Surf Camp, no matter if you're a beginner or advanced surfer!

“Great time, great surf”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2014

Amazing experience. Surfing Macao Beach was by far the funnest thing my boyfriend and I did. My instructor, Ale, gave me the confidence I needed to stand up on the waves and gave me all the right tips for when I couldn't. By the end of the lesson I was standing up on every wave and was even taught the proper way to paddle (it's hard work!).

The instructors were flexible in working with all experience levels and adjust their lessons accordingly. My boyfriend was a natural and was immediately switched to a shorter board. The instructors were also very patient with campers who struggled at first, but by the end of the day everyone was catching waves. Amazing! Make sure you bring extra cash to buy pictures in the end and for tipping. Very important.

Transportation was included in the package. Rafael picked us up at the hotel and drove us back when the lessons concluded. We even stopped on our way back to buy tropical fruit that we don't have in New England, super nice!

Raleigh
“The Real Deal”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 1, 2014

What can I add that the rest of the reviews here have not already? This place is the real deal and by far the best excursion my family took over the week we were in Punta Cana.

My family (wife, kids (7 and 11) was picked up by Gustavo who could not have been more attentive to our needs. My entire family felt safe and there was just this feeling of "genuity" throughout the whole day. I haven't surfed in 20 years, and my wife and kids have never surfed.

We were given a small lesson on the beach and then sent out with the the employees of the surf camp - generally younger guys - and they were out there among us and made sure that we got through the surf on the way out and were waiting for us when we came in. I had total confidence in the safety of my 7 year old girl, as they paid special attention to her - just making sure there was someone around her at all times.

Gustavo came and brought us coconuts and bananas at the conclusion of the lesson. We got an opportunity to watch Jack the dog surf - and even surf with him!

While in Punta Cuna, we did dune buggies. We did a snorkeling excursion. We even swam with dolphins. These all paled in comparison to the time we had a Macao surf camp.

If you want a genuine experience in Punta Cana, where you get to feel a little bit of the true culture of this area through surfing - look no further. An experience my family will never forget.

Uruguay
“They gave me a very good story to tell DREAM COME TRUE”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2014

Macao Surf Camp was not only the best tour in town but also they are in the best place on earth, Macao Beach is THE MOST BEATIFULL place in the island, and is different every day I went 4 times to surf at MSC and everyday was a breathtaking experience.
The first time I got there on a taxi and the taxi driver took me to the surf camp I did not know they pick up at the hotel and is cheaper than the taxi and a lot nicer. They gave me a ride back to the hotel for free that day. Thanks Gustavo and Jack
The first day I rode the first wave I got, it was amassing, they are experts. I surf next to Jack the surf dog.
I went back three more days, I was in love with the place, the instructors, the surfboards, the surroundings, the scenery and most of all with the treatment, they make me the protagonist of my dream the four days I was there.
They Made my day, they gave me a story to tell.
Thanks Gus, Rafael and Armando you guys are the best