“The most beautiful experience...it's a lifestyle not a vacation” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Secrets Royal Beach

You added Secrets Royal Beach to your Saves list
Secrets Royal Beach
4.5 of 5 Hotel   |   Av Alemania S/N | El Cortecito, Bavaro Beach, Punta Cana, Dominican Republic   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Summer Savings up 40%
Ranked #8 of 99 Hotels in Punta Cana
Avondale
“The most beautiful experience...it's a lifestyle not a vacation”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2010

My husband and I came to NH Royal for our summer vacation. There is so much to say about this resort; I will have to continue my review from home. The service at the pool bar and Festival buffet was the very best. A special thanks to Luis..." WoW!" also to Erik, Deibe, and all of the staff for the very best vacation ever! By the way, if you get a massage be sure to ask for Franchesca; I am also a massage therapist and she is the best!
This truly is a luxury resort that you must visit to experience for yourself.
They have awesome activities every single day, so be sure to schedule your day to fully enjoy the resort.
The only complaint I have is with the gift shop; the staff are rude and behave as though you are inconveniencing them; you can walk just past the next resort & shop for half the price.
A few tips for those who are visiting the first time: Don't forget the sunscreen because it is very expensive here ( $30 ) Although it's not necessary; please consider bringing plenty of extra money for tips. The minute you check in get at least 2 room keys; one for the electricity and one for you :) it may help to know some Spanish,French , and German.So in closing, get ready to enjoy the time of your life!

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,379)
  • Czech first
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
  • Slovak first
Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2010

We were very impressed with our stay at NH Royal Beach. Relaxing and friendly. The staff is by far the most excellent we have had, food was superb, buffet as well as the restaurants. We met faboulous people and due to the "adults only" atmosphere it was very comfortable.

The only thing I would improve on is that our room had an odor but my husband assured me that it was a beach odor and nothing more. The room was clean and the staff was very nice. Also, the robes were nice but need to come in larger sizes!!! My robe fit but my husband looked like a sausage.

We have recommended NH Royal Beach to many of our friends and will return. Rest and relaxation was what we needed and we definitely got it!!

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple
Saint Louis, Missouri
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2010

My friend and I just got back from my trip to Punta Cana, Dominican Republic. There was a hurricane near us while we were there because it is hurricane season. Also because of this NH Royal Beach was not very crowded, which was great!

While we were there multiple people from the other NH Arena side stated to us that they wished they had stayed at the NH Royal Beach side. I agree, the NH Royal Beach was superior in its rooms, dinner reservations available, pools, name-brand drinks available, etc. Also, I believe the NH hotel by far was superior for Punta Cana, and we heard many complaints but other hotels.

We did not go on an excursion although a number of people told us about their excursions. The best review we heard was about the dune buggy excursion. Honestly, I walked to the Left down the beach to visit the flea markets and I would highly not suggest this because the 20 minute walk we were told about turned into a 1 1/2 hour walk along nasty beaches. The NH beach front was by far the nicest beach front around and I would not suggest straying up and down the coast line!!! Although we did hear about a very nice restaurant to the right of the hotel named the Jelly Fish, we did not go there, but if you go bring cash and take a cab or shuttle.

Make sure to make reservations at the hotel restaurant Pure. It was wonderful. The other restaurants, plus the buffet, ranged from okay to nasty.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with friends
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2010

This place was amazing!! Accomadations, Service, Food, Beach and Hospitality! We travel twice a year to all inclusive Carribean resorts and the Nh Royal Beach was the BEST BY FAR!

Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2010

We only enjoyed 2 days of this beautiful beach, then we got really SICK diahrrea, high fevers, aching all over about 2 hours after we ate at Pure rest. really bad food , had to get cab go to local pharmacy to get Cipro that is what family doctor back in states told us to get. I got worse had to get hotel doctor to come to room she was great but with all medical services and meds the charge was $770.00 WOW . Got home still sick missed a whole week of work no pay. We were very careful not to drink water eat raw foods and still got sick . What a shame our honeymoon plus out not enjoying our trip and out all the money for medical.

Niefern
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2010

First of all - Don´t listen to the negative reviews.

This was my 11th time in Punta Cana and i have never had such a great time there.

Everything is perfect at NH Royal Beach.

FIRST of ALL : The best of the resort ist the staff. Absolutly. They were so warm and so friendly but they even know how to handle everything and most of them speak english very well. You really feel like home or even better. They have the happiness of the dominican people that got lost within the last 7-8 years since the big tourism came to punta cana. They treat everyone the same way, if you tip them or not.

Let´s get on with the rooms. They where plenty big, had a wonderful bathroom with 2 sinks, a big shower and a seperate toilet with bidet. The quality of the room was fantastic, you didn´ßt even hear anything of your neighbour. They had high quality windows, so if you close the window most of the noise stays outside. Housekeeping was perfect, the women came twice a day. Between 10 a.m. and 3 p.m. to clean your room and between 7 p.m. and 9 p.m. to bring you new towels and get your bed ready to just fall in and sleep. It was fantastic. We used the room service once and got our meal within 20 minutes. Fantastic !

FOOD :

The most important thing, of course. People who tell me the food was bad, what do you eat at home ? I think the food was excellent. It really was above average at NH Royal Beach. It was the same quality of food you get at 4 or 5 Star Hotels in Europe or the US. I cannot understand how people do not like the food.

The food was warm all the time, you have so many choices, you do not get everyday the same. I was there for 7 days and i never eat the same things, you always find something new.

In the morning you get 5 different kinds of eggs, smoked salmon, fresh juices, pancakes, french crepes and on and on and on... and the best, you really do get fresh orange juice served right at your table with a stunning view on the beautiful sea...

For lunch and diner you also have a good choice for many different meats and fish and of course all the sides like rice, french fries, patatoes in different ways, onion rings and on and one. But the best is the desert. Oh my good, it was haven. Their milkrice, i was in heaven ;)

Of course you get fresh fruits like melon, pineapple, orange, passion friut, also even kiwi and apples, bananas, sometimes coconut.... everything you want :)

The a la cartes where very good, the best one is the "pure" at the nh royal beach. Wonderfull, just go there and have a fantastic diner!

Now for the drinkers of you :) They have a choice, i never saw at an all inculsive resort in this price category.

You get :

Jim Beam, Johnny Walker, Black Label, Red Label, Chivas, Absolut Wodka, Smirnoff, Campari, Malibu, Averna, Bailey´s, Bacardi, Bacardi Gold, Bacardi Lemon, Gordons gin, Bombay Saphire Gin, Miller´s and Corona served in bottle´s...

You want anything else ? You get all your cocktails with premium alcohol!

So let´s get to the resort itself. It´s a smaler resort with only 373 rooms and suites , and it was really relaxing. No loud crowds or something like this, just relaxing. They have no disco so it´s not that party resort. The lazy river pool was amazing and the service at the pool bar was fantastic. They always have a smile and a fantastic fresh made cocktail for you. At the beach you find shadow under some palapas or palms.You get also served your cocktail directly at the beach.

The beach was fantastic the sea was not the best part of punta cana but it was good.

What else to say ? They really care about you and your wishes at nh royal beach, and they have an eye for the detail in everything.

Go there, it´s heaven!

New York City, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2010

Our first room did not work out, ac did not work, musty smell, fan did not work. We got moved to a new room and everything from there fell into place. The pool was nice, the bars were good, beach and water was pretty but their was a good amount of seawood but all of the other resorts had it that was near us.Entertainment was good could be a little better, more shopping for souveniers could be better.Food was absolutely incredible at Royal beach, the buffet and restaurants, great variety, and we are big foodies who live in nyc the restaurant capital of the world and the royal beach food service was way up there on our list.
Now I would like to talk about the service.....not just service...unbelievable....unbelievable....royal service! I have traveled all over the world and I will honestly say I have never received service like this until I went to the NH Royal. We have all received good service in our lives but you will never receive the true meaning of service until you come here. The entire staff especially the food service staff were the most warmest, hospitable, incredibly genious, hardworking on the point staff you will ever meet. Even the Executive Chef helped my wife carry her plates to her table outside(how often do you see that!) I hope the GM will recognize these individuals as the reasons why The Royal Beach will be receiving alot of refferals from us as travel agents. Edwin Gomez, Manuel Zamora, Neury, Jaqueline camerera, Carolina alexandra de la cruz. Thank you guys for remembering my bday and the cake you surprised me with. We hope to see you in a few months again.
Nino and Honey

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple

Been to Secrets Royal Beach? Share your experiences!