“Punta Cana NH Royal Beach ?” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Secrets Royal Beach

You added Secrets Royal Beach to your Saves list
Secrets Royal Beach
4.5 of 5 Hotel   |   Av Alemania S/N | El Cortecito, Bavaro Beach, Punta Cana, Dominican Republic   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Summer Savings up 40%
Ranked #8 of 99 Hotels in Punta Cana
California, USA
“Punta Cana NH Royal Beach ?”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2010

The resort's manager claimed this is five stars resort. However, I personally give this resort a three stars, due to the following reasons:
Positive:
1) Staff speak limited English but are polite
2) Nice resort
3) Quick check in/out
4) Delicious bread
5) Fresh seafood and steak (often over cooked)

Negatives:
1) Stolen money in the room
2) Internet cut you off while you're in the middle of writing email
3) Same Breakfast menu everyday
4) Lack of fresh fruits
5) Resort can recruit better chef so that steak, lobster and eggs won't be over cooked
6) Better cooling system for the asian restaurant
7) Lack of communication such as: Event announcement, daily activities, etc...
8) Lots of mosquito

• Stayed April 2010, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,380)
  • Czech first
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
  • Slovak first
Enfield, ns
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2010

we just returned from a week at the NH Royal Beach and had a vacation to remember. The first great thing is that we were the only ones checking in at 10 am and they had a room ready for us within the hour. We had an ocean view room on the second floor which was amazing and also overlooked the pool (lazy river). The only problem was it had 2 beds and we had wanted a king size bed. We went to the reception and "Darling" was very accommodating and got us a new room on the third floor with a better view. His English was very good. We enjoyed a jacuzzi bath every evening on the balcony looking at the ocean.
The staff are amazing, very friendly. The yoga instructor, Isaias is really good at what he does and is quite easy on the eyes. Carlos is very funny teaching dance and volleyball. There is waiter service at the beach and around the pool, we got to know Margarita and Yolanni quite well. Gisell was a waiter at the lobby bar and she spoke very good English, we had a few laughs.
The view from the buffet was incredible and the waiters were very effiecient, we never had an empty glass or a dirty plate on our table. We took one trip to the beach buffet at the NH Real next door and couldn't wait to get back to the Royal Beach. We never even received a glass of water over there.
We just happened to be there the week of the grand opening (4 months old) and they had a gala night with many VIP's and press there with limos pulling up to a red carpet. We were able to attend and the food and drinks and fireworks and decor was spectacular. We felt like somebody important.
The best thing about this resort is that you could always find a chair at the beach or by the pool. Of course, if you wanted a particular spot you would have to be an early riser.
We spent a lot of time at the swim up bar and made some great friends, I would go back next year if we get a good deal.
Best vacation in years, loved it.

ns
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2010

I have been to over 50 all-inclusives and this resort has provided the friendliest and most consciencious service yet.
I was a little apprehensive about booking a new resort, but, they seemed to have worked out all the kinks..,. already? When we checked in, our room was not suitable ( it had a very strong musty smell) and Darling took very good care of us and moved us to a much better room. After him, we knew we were on our way to a great expereince. ( DARLING IS AMAZING) I would go back just because of how great he was! The NH needs to give him a raise!
After being there, we realized the smells are because the bathhrooms do not have fans in them . This would help to remove the condensation and moisture. It took a while so that you could not put your make-up on or do your hair in the bathroom.

The pool's lazy river offered a great swim ( with or without floaties) throughout the resort..We went to Cosco before and bought somewith us...a great idea!
People were always cleaning and keeping the resort in tip/top shape. Once the foliage matures, it will be even more beautiful!

The beds were sooo comfortable and the pillows were great as well. The rooms were large and clean...simply decorated. We left a note on the first day wanting extra towels, faceclothes, and more water and it showed up every day after.
The mexican resaurant was the best...not really a mexican menu but great food. I had the lamb and it was a good as anywhere else in Canada. Pure was also good, the lobster was not great, overcooked with a very weird and wrong sauce? But overall good!
We did not like the Asian ( At THE REAL) , not great service and the food was not good. Really, the worst I have had down southfor an asian theme.
You can definately tell the difference between the 2 resorts. We went to the Real to try their buffet for breakfast and it was not good.
We were spoiled at THE ROYAL. I loved being served freshly squeezed orange juice and great Dominican coffee every morning. I am on vacation, I don't want to 'serve" myself, I already do this 365 days out of the year!
The only down side to this resort would be the Buffet.
Now, it was still very good and you could always find food, but, it is the smallest
out of all the resorts I have been to and it could have a bit more variety. However, for the Dominican it was good and much better than "next door".
The only issue I feel is a downfall, is at night, you are not allowed to wear shorts and the men especially, have to dress up.
Now, frankly, when I am on vacation, I do not want people to tell me that I have to dress up??
It is my vacation! For the A la cartes I understand it is important but not for the buffett? If we have spent a long, tiring day in the sun and just want to grab a bite, we shouldn't be forced to dress up. This was the first for any vacation and nobody in our party of 6 was happy about this. This is an easy fix!

I went to the gym every day. It was shared between the 2 resorts and was small and busy! They need to have their own. The type of clientele at The Royal are younger, middle-aged and high end people who seem to be in good shape...not many fatties here!
I was getting allergy/ asthma issues when I first went in and realized thet were burning incencse in the gym bathroom??
I blew it out and asked the maid not to relight it all week, and she didn't. But this needs to be removed completely. They need to keep the gym door closed so that the AC will work, it was far too hot and stinky! No MORE INCENCSE and A BIGGER GYM!

The beach was clean, wide and nobody harassed us. Lots of shade or sun, whatever you wanted. Great new chairs and as many towels as you wanted.... no silly towel cards that you needed to rush to return by 5 or you were "stuck" with wet towels. They came and picked them up at the end of the day, or you could keep them.

We did got o the disco 2 nights and it was fun. We were tired at night and we are not that crazy after a long day in the sun.
You could get premium alcohol and it wasn't watered down. You just need to tell them what you want. Luis at the beach bar is a handsome guy, but not very friendly.
He was definatley the least "nicest" out of all the staff. Tip or no tip he wasn't in keeping with The NH theme of friendly customer service...too bad. I just ignored him and got my drink and left. The guys were not impressed?

I tipped all of the time, I brought $125 one dollar bills and used all of them.
Not because I felt it would give me better service, but, because they gave me the best service right away! I reward good service and The NH ROYAL has taught their staff this early on!
The attention to pleasing the customers is their strongest asset. I hope as the resort grows , this keeps up or nothing will separate this from the thousands of other vacation choices. I would return because of this!
No, it is not the Four Seasons or North America, but it is hidden gem in a beautiful Carribean country that goes out of it's way to make sure your vacation is everything you want it to be!
If you are looking for a clean, quiet, new resort where your every whim will be met in a pleasant and timely manner, well, this is your resort.
I am a tough, picky type A woman who isn't afraid to complain nor speak my mind!
Well then, I have spoken.....5 stars to the NH ROYAL...I could simply just relax!

• Stayed April 2010, traveled with friends
Millbrook
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2010

We started our trip Apr 10 at the NH REAL ARENA. The next day, we saw Jerry at the Mirage check in, and he was able to upgrade us to the Royal resort. He escorted us to the Royal check in, showed us the Royal amenities and one of the rooms. When we checked in, our bags were already in our room. We were allowed al a carte reserv. at the 2 rest. in the Royal, and the 4 in the Real. No waiting. This resort was great in so many ways, starting with Jerry. Our room was nice and big, although we did face a resort service road, which was OK. AC was fine, in room safe, and there was laundry service available for a fee. There was always a security guard within eyeshot of our room. The beach was nice and wide, lots of chairs, hammocks, but the palapas, or any sort of shade, were gone early. Room service was efficient and quick although the menu was limited. Breakfast and lunch buffet (both very good) was down near the beach, but at dinner, this buffet becomes 2 al a cartes, Pure was good, the mexican one average. We ate once at the beach buffet at the Real Arena, but it was a freaking zoo there. So we stayed at the Royal for lunch. For dinner, the Italian al a carte was the best for us, the Asian not so good, the annoying cook working for a tip. The evening buffet was at the Real. Overall, the food was the best we have ever had at an all inclusive. They are strict about dress code and times for the al a cartes, and good for them, If you cant be dressed and on time, go to the buffet. The house wine was not too bad at all. The pool was great, servers making sure the cup was not empty. Brand name alcohol on the Royal side, but you needed to ask for a specific brand or you got Brugal. Premium stuff like Grey Goose and Glenfiddich was 7-10$ a shot. Lobby bar was relaxing. with music at night, the shows were at the Real Arena. This resort is only 25 mins from the airport. It was very clean, the staff work hard to keep it that way. I have made a habit of shaking hands with the Dominicans, they like the show of respect. Usual rules for tipping, good service only. Pretty quiet on the Royal side, the shows, disco, kids, etc are on the Real side. Not much of a fitness centre. Lots of security guards on the beach and between the Royal and Real side. They fogged the area for bugs twice while we were there, but the odor didnt last long. Nice resort, worthy of the TA ranking. Would return here in a minute.

O'Fallon, Missouri
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2010

We arrived Thursday March 25, after leaving St. Louis with warm jackets and snow flurries. What a relief to land in a warm climate, get whisked through Customs, hassle-free and put on a tour bus to our hotel. The resort is CLEAN!!!NEW!! Fresh drinks await you. Staff at the check-in counter especially Darling, were very friendly. There was 14 of us and althought we all couldn't get rooms very near each other the first day, they made sure we all were accomodated the next day. Our rooms were always clean, fresh towels, min-bar with Presidente Beer, bottled water and various soda flavors. Each room had a welcome basket of fresh fruit and your own bottle of Rum. The entertainment at night was not Over-the-top, but really different. The Disco was cool! The Casino was small and not worth throwing money away.
We all had a ball on the Beach, sometimes to the point of "we should have been Cut-Off" LOL! Everyone is issued a wrist bracelt to show that you are staying there, althought you can use the other side of the Resort. There are no children allowed on this side, a bonus for all of us 40-60 year olds. The entire staff would anticipate our needs and amazingly they would appear with fresh drinks. The food was Diverse at the buffet. There are Reservations needed for a few of the retaurants, so I advise you to make Reserv's. as soon as possible. My husband and I are still wearing our wristbands and it has become a joke among the rest of our gang to see who'll lose their's first. We are all going back, same time next year, with more people (jealous) who have seen our pictures on Facebook. The best part of being from Missouri, is the locals LOVE Albert Pujols and the Cardinals, so we got along very well! The only drawback...slick flooring doesn't mix with wet clothing and lots of alcohol! Walk gingerly around the pool area, and on your terrace when getting out of your hut tub/jaccuzi.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled as a couple
Cedar Rapids, Iowa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2010

Upon our arrival we knew this was going to be a special vacation.
Room service was excellent, communications a little distraction, but really great rooms and daily service with special care two and three times per day.
Continuous pool was a daily experience. Multiple restaurants provided variety and quality dinning experiences. Daily buffets were always fresh and seating always available. Friendly experience with staff and service throughout the resort. Connected with the NH Real Arena with a short walk providing access to the total resort. Royal Beach was an adult exclusive and the noise level was very quite. Beach access and activities were more than expected.

Newborn, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2010

Great food, clean rooms, superub staff. We willbe back next April. Thanks for a wonderful time.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled as a couple

Been to Secrets Royal Beach? Share your experiences!