An illusion of customer service cannot overcome poor unsanitary food, an overdeveloped beach, lackluster entertainment, and being aggressively up-sold at every opportunity. Honeymooners? Take a cruise!
The staff members are nice and work VERY hard.
The facilities are newer and well kept.
The beach has good seating with covers.
The resort has a nice wrap-around pool.
The management blamed everyone's food poisoning on the Norovirus.
There was loud music in local plaza until midnight every night.
Beware of the timeshare trap after check-in.
The spa is overpriced.
The food is garbage and leads to food poisoning.
The restaurant and room service food is of the same quality as the buffet.
The staff asks if you are "excellente" every 20 minutes in an attempt to subconsciously convince you that you are having a good time.
Water bottles are sparse and if you can find them, they are improperly sealed (The cap rings just slide up when twisting off the cap, so there is no snapping noise to let you know the bottle is sealed properly).
From what we can tell the resorts’ water and ice are not filtered, contrary to what the resort info book states . (We did not drink the tap water from our room or any other source.)
Drinks were never cold.
Food was never hot.
Staff was extremely quick to remove plates, but very slow to refill any drink.
The beach was small and the water had a lot of sea grass. There were boats very close to shore all day long. There was very little heir of peaceful beauty on the beach. US Gulf Coast beaches are far superior.
We were going to give this resort 3 or 4 stars on first blush, but with all things considered and because poor food preparation lead to food poisoning (nothing we ate was ever at a high enough temperature to kill bacteria), this resort only deserves two stars. It gets these stars for good working level staff and newer well manicured facilities.
There is no way this resort should be rated so highly on Trip Advisor! Given the resort management’s overzealousness to persuade patrons to rate on Trip Advisor and their general aggressiveness (not to mention their obsessive presence on Trip Advisor), we feel many of the reviews for this resort are suspect at best.
- Also Known As:
- Secrets Royal Beach Hotel
- Secrets Royal Beach Hotel Punta Cana
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Ideally situated on the picturesque palm-studded, sugar white Playa Bavaro beach on the eastern coastline of the Dominican Republic, Secrets Royal Beach Punta Cana offers adults all the privileges of Unlimited-Luxury®. Guests will immediately be embraced within an extraordinary environment where luxury illuminates every detail and our high level of personal service is unmatched. To ensure your romantic escape is everything you've imagined, every detail of your stay will be flawlessly provided and superbly attended to. From the fine quality linens to the daily refreshed mini bar and the unlimited premium brand beverages to the pool and beach wait service. You'll be immersed within a world of stunning architectural design coupled with resplendent views of the lush gardens, crystal-clear Caribbean Sea and dazzling swimming pools. This tranquil, romantic haven in Playa Bavaro is like nothing else you've ever experienced before. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, BookIt.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, Otel and Tingo so you can book your Secrets Royal Beach reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.