“A Weekend of Relaxation.” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Secrets Royal Beach

Save Saved
You added Secrets Royal Beach to your Saves list
Secrets Royal Beach
4.5 of 5 Hotel   |   Av Alemania S/N | El Cortecito, Bavaro Beach, Punta Cana, Dominican Republic   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Hot Hot Hot Savings!
Ranked #10 of 100 hotels in Punta Cana
Montego Bay, Jamaica
“A Weekend of Relaxation.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2013

I´ve just came back from the most relaxing weekend from Secrets Royal Beach in Punta Cana!

From comming out the car, greeted by friendly faces to checking in was quick & easy! Front Desk Agents were informative & attentive!

Our bellman show us our room, ow everything work and best places to go on the property for lunch & dinner! Room service was quick & the food was still hot, delicious & fulfilling!

Entertaiment & dinner was amazing! Food at the Oceana Restaurant was cooked to perfection, wait staff was on time & very mannerable to all guests! Rendezvous lobby bar & Eclipse Night club are perfect places to lime with other people, nice rocking music and alcohol :-)

Whoever is looking to have a relaxing vacation i would advise you choose Secrets Royal Beach in Punta Cana! You´ll won´t regret it! Beds, staff, food, night life PERFECTION!

Room Tip: High Floor rooms have an excellent view!!
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple

3,586 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (995)
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2013

My wife and I wanted to get away for our 15th anniversary. So after looking around we decided to stay at The Secrets Resort Royal Beach in Punta Cana. We wanted to make this a really special trip, so my wife went ahead and booked several upgrades to room, preferred sections, etc.

BOY WERE WE IN FOR A SURPRISE....

Our vacation package was booked through Liberty Travel. We checked and double checked everything about our vacation prior to leaving Pennsylvania. We wanted everything to be perfect.
Upon are arrival and checking into the resort. We were told we weren't staying in the preferred section and that every suite was a preferred suite. Then they proceed to tell us that they recently switched over to the preferred and if we wanted to upgrade we could for another $350. When we showed the staff the paperwork in what was promised to us. They immediately started playing the language barrier and made it difficult to communicate with. So we took what they gave us and went on our way.

We then were promised WIFI in the common area of the resorts. Once again, prior to leaving, we check and double checked to make sure that we could keep in contact with home. When asked about the WIFI at the front desk. They advised us that there was a additional change for any WIFI on the resort. We then called Secrets 1-800 and confirmed this through there representative. The Secrets representative asked to speak with the front desk workers. However, the front desk worker REFUSED to speak with The Secrets 1-800 operator. WOW..........

One day we went out on an excursion. When we returned from the excursion our hotel room door was left open between 10" to 15". So we called and wanted to speak with the manager. After some resistance the manager, security, and unknown representative showed up to take a report. The advised us to let them know if anything was missing. Thankfully, our money and most of our valuable items were locked in the safe. However, we noticed that our bags were gone through and some items were missing such as suntan lotion, razors, and non essential items. When we went to the front desk to report this as we were told that no member of management was there and they would back to us. We’ll we are still waiting for the return phone call.

With our package we were supposed to get a bottle of champagne and a anniversary banner on our door. My wife four days in a row, called operator, stopped staff in hallway, requesting the champagne and banner. WE NEVER DID RECEIVE WHAT WAS PROMISED TO US…….
Next Issue, my wife and I order 80 minutes deep tissue massages, in which were several hundred dollars. The morning of the massage we arrived at our scheduled time and was directed into the locker rooms. The massage lady escorted me into the massage room and then asked me to get undress in preparation for my massage. She disappeared and didn’t return for over 25 minutes. When she returned she massaged me for approximately 45 minutes. They shorted me between 30 to 35 minutes of my massage. When we were leaving they asked us to complete a massage survey. I completed the survey accurately, and they called me the next day and offered me a 25 minute massage.

One night our remote control wasn’t working. We called the front desk in which they sent us the maintenance department. Well three people from the maintenance department showed up 1 hour later. After another 30 minutes of not being able to repair the remote, they accused me of having the remote control of the next room over. I told them, I have no idea of what they are talking about and didn’t even know who was in the next room over.

Next Issue, we were given $200 resort money. This money is totally bogus and a rip off. You are only permitted to use a certain amount a day on specific items.

Next issue, the day we were leaving we were told that we never made the reservations for the shuttle to the airport. They reported that they have no reservations for us. I showed them the paperwork that was completed by their staff and they didn’t have an answer.

Overall the resort was beautiful and a great location.

My wife and I travel a lot. However, the customer service and overall experience was a huge disappointment to us and many of our friends that we met there.

If they need to contact me and discuss the problems more in depth, we arrived on June 18, 2013 and departed on June 25, 2013 and was in 5133.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2013 via mobile

The staff is amazing! Everyone was so happy and eager to accommodate our every need or request. We were completely overwhelmed by the hospitality that was shown to us. Special thank you to Alexis the best concierge, Juan Manuel and Zamora- the best bar/ restaurant waiters and the entire entertainment staff: Fidel, Acong, Cheveron, Milky Way, Usher and New York. We will be back next year.

• Stayed July 2013
Windham, New Hampshire
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2013 via mobile

I went here in end of November in to first week of December with a group of women. We had a great time speciality restaurants are very good people are.nice, it is a little hard to under stand some as their English is not great and our Spanish is not much better, how ever they try in every way to make you happy. The swim up room was wonderful the water was nice and clean there was fresh fruit put out at the pool decks across from our room every day. Down side of swim up room it seemed to put a lot of sand in the pool . Workers where out every day trying to keep the pools clean. Not sure The end of November is the best time here as we did have a lot of clouds and some very heavy rains. The shows are Ok and the casino is very small the hours of operation are only at night shame because when it rained that's where we all wanted to go. The stores they have on the property are nice.Its fun to walk the beach and go to the little hut stores on the beach you can get some great buys but make sure you bring lots of small bills because the hotel runs out of change early in the day and can not break large bills. Also we recommend to bring your own float to lay in the pools

• Stayed November 2012
Luton, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2013

We'd booked this holiday for our 2 year Anniversary as a romantic getaway for the 2 of us. It really is paradise. All the staff are extremely helpful & efficient, the hotel is clean and modern and the Beach is every bit as perfect as it looks in the pictures. There are a few downsides however. The constant hassle to buy pictures / do water sports etc whilst lying on the Beach becomes tiresome quickly, to the point that when we saw them coming we would make a swift departure. We did partake in the Para-sailing, but to be honest at $95 felt it was very overpriced. Every Thursday, the hotel pool has a foam party which is great fun and would highly recommend everyone to stick around the resort on a Thursday for this. We did a few trips...one on an Outback Safari and another to Seona Island, both of which I would recommend. I also heard alot of people around the resort saying they'd done the Zip Lines Adventure and that it was great fun, so I would recommend trying to fit that one in too, especially as it is a half day. The Outback Safari was by far our favorite. This was admittedly mainly because of tour guide & driver, Leandro & Wilson. It really was a fantastic day out seeing the local culture, having a traditional Dominican lunch, Boogie Boarding and constant Happy Hour whilst on the truck. Watching people trying to keep their drinks steady whilst the truck is offroad will amuse you if nothing else does! The Caribbean cruising trip to Seona was also a very nice day out visiting a secluded Beach, Snorkelling and having a Lobster Lunch and then sailing on a Catamaran, however i'm not convinced it was really worth the $170 it costs per person. All the staff in the hotel are amazing, particuarly the bellboys and a porter called Alexes. Whilst on holiday we had a romantic meal on the Beach booked for our anniversary which was where my partner proposed! Little did I know that whilst we were at dinner, Alexes and his team had gone in and done up our room beautifully, with balloons, petals, they'd run our jacuzzi ready for us and put champagne in our room by request of my partner. And all this had cost was $20 for the Champagne! The rest they'd done for free! (obviously we tipped them). The Beach Party on a Tuesday was also very good and would recommend. As for the restaurants, we weren't that adventurous, sticking to the buffet most days which was very good. We did visit the Steak House and Spice, both of which we didn't like. The Seafood place and Italian were by far the best. So, to conclude, all in all a great holiday and would highly recommend Secrets Resorts, however, we found a week, with a couple of trips would have been long enough, rather than the 12 days we stayed as we did get a bit bored of having literally nothing to do but sunbathe.

Room Tip: We paid the extra to upgrade to a swim up room and were very glad that we did, it's well worth t...
Monterrey, Mexico
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2013

Definitely a perfect place to stay! excelence serice from our check in to our check out we didnt want to leave and we are planning to go back! all the entertainment staff, house keepers, bar mans and everybody were so nice

Nashville, Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2013

My husband and I left the kids and went for four days and it was beyond my expectations. It really doesn't get any better than this! The staff were very friendly, the ocean view was breath taking, and the food was fantastic! The best food was the chicken on the sea side grill. That was the best chicken I have ever had. I also loved their coffee and iced drinks. The only bad experience we had was with room service food. It wasn't that good.
If you want to shop for cheap souvenirs, you can walk towards the left and straight until you see some shops. We shopped at the Dominican Walmart and got some pretty good deals. Always bargain for prices. If they tell you 30 for something, give them 12. Wish I could go back there again! Oh and remember to bring enough clothes because clothes don't dry over there because of humidity.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Secrets Royal Beach? Share your experiences!