Me and my boyfriend were at Secrets Royal Beach from 4-11 December. We had booked it through First Choice because of the decent price despite rubbish customer service throughout.
We booked a room with a jacuzzi on the balcony which was worth it. The hotel itself is wonderful, clean, immaculate. Grounds are well kept and were watered with sprinklers over night. The pool is lovely although there were times we could not find loungers around the pool so we ended up on the beach as there were plenty there.
The room was lovely, airy and always clean. The mini bar was included which was great. The shower was a huge shower room which was nice. The jacuzzi we used once as we requested for a bubble bath with roses which was simply lovely and the butler spent half an hour just preparing it for us!!
We are real foodies so for us food was something we were apprehensive about. We did not like the look of the buffet food in La Riviera therefore never tried it. First night we tried the seaside grill. As I realised they do not do meat as well as they do seafood. We both had steak which was cooked well but rather bland and lacked flavour. The desserts looked delicious but again tasted processed. The second night we went to Oceana which was lovely. We had dishes like lobster cream soup, seafood risotto, mahi mahi fish, creme brulee etc which were delicious. We went back here on our final night also. Other restaurants we went to across at Now larimar included the new mexican place called tamarindo which was good and Spice the japanese restaurant you have to reserve which we definitely would recommend. It was the same as benihana tepinyake. At lunch times we tended to go to the beach side grill which did yummy burgers, grilled chicken, hot dogs etc with chips and salad! Breakfast was wonderful with fresh omlettes made at the egg station, crepes and fruit etc.
The service you cannot fault on this resort as the staff are always happy to oblige and are lovely. There is a whole day of entertainment you can join in with such as rum tasting, zumba, volleyball, water aerobics etc and for joining in you get secrets resort type monopoly money which you can use to bid in their auctions for items such as dominican rum, tshirts etc.
On this resort they use dominican peso or predominantly US dollars. We booked our excursions through the lovely Cesar in the hotel at reception; swimming with dolphins which was 150 dollars each and then saona island excursion which was 100 dollars each which was definitely worth it! Do not buy souvenirs such as rum on the resort I would advise going duty free on way back home.
All in all a wonderful relaxing holiday in the gorgeous secrets resort!
- Also Known As:
- Secrets Royal Beach Hotel Punta Cana
- Secrets Royal Beach Hotel
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Ideally situated on the picturesque palm-studded, sugar white Playa Bavaro beach on the eastern coastline of the Dominican Republic, Secrets Royal Beach Punta Cana offers adults all the privileges of Unlimited-Luxury®. Guests will immediately be embraced within an extraordinary environment where luxury illuminates every detail and our high level of personal service is unmatched. To ensure your romantic escape is everything you've imagined, every detail of your stay will be flawlessly provided and superbly attended to. From the fine quality linens to the daily refreshed mini bar and the unlimited premium brand beverages to the pool and beach wait service. You'll be immersed within a world of stunning architectural design coupled with resplendent views of the lush gardens, crystal-clear Caribbean Sea and dazzling swimming pools. This tranquil, romantic haven in Playa Bavaro is like nothing else you've ever experienced before. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with BookIt.com, Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Venere, Tingo and HotelsClick so you can book your Secrets Royal Beach reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.