“Best all inclusive at Secrets Royal beach” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Secrets Royal Beach

You added Secrets Royal Beach to your Saves list
Secrets Royal Beach
4.5 of 5 Hotel   |   Av Alemania S/N | El Cortecito, Bavaro Beach, Punta Cana, Dominican Republic   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #8 of 98 Hotels in Punta Cana
Guernsey, United Kingdom
“Best all inclusive at Secrets Royal beach”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2012

My husband and I are just back from 2 weeks staying at Secrets Royal Beach. We had a fabulous holiday. In fact we have visited approx 6-7 all inclusive Hotels in the Carribean and this was the best. Also, the staff are great fun and very attentive. A special mention to Zamora (Coffee, Coffee, Coffee) at the main restaurant, Junior, Jefrey and Angel at the pool bar and a special Thanks to Speedy and Mickey the entertainments team- they were great fun!!! The rooms were lovely, so all in all no complaints.This hotel was adults only, which we loved, but you could use Now Larimar next door which we did and their restaurants were also excellent. So we would highly recommend this hotel. Thanks to you all. Regards Lynn and Dave Cleal-Guernsey. Channel Islands

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
JazminRojas, Front Desk Manager Assistant at Secrets Royal Beach, responded to this review, November 18, 2012
Dear Guest,

On behalf of our General Manager, we want to thank you for choosing Secrets Royal Beach Punta cana for your vacations and taking your time to post a review on TripAdvisor.

We are delighted to read your review! We were pleased to see that you enjoyed your stay with us as your satisfaction with our staff, specially Junior, Zamora, Jeffrey, Angel, Speedy and Mickey thank you for giving us the opportunity to create special memories in your vacation time.

We hope to see you again in the not too distant future!

Jazmín Rojas

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,524)
  • Czech first
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
  • Slovak first
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2012

The people are amazing!!!! The service is amazing!! The Entertainment Team was always amazing!! Mickey Mouse ;-) ,Winie:-),Speedy :-)and Akon :-)gave the best service!! I plan on coming back in August to do it all over again! You can't help but to fall in love with everyone because they treated you just like family!

• Stayed November 2012
Atlantic City, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2012

we have been to many places,we wanted to try punta cana for our 25th anniversary! from the very nice airport,only a twenty minute ride to secrets,we were treated and greeted"welcome home".champagne,cool towel,....except....our room wasnt ready.so,alittle pushy with the timeshare offer,give people a chance to explore before they can even think of that.we are real beach bums,however the beach on most days had sooo much seaweed,maybe due to storms at sea,it was october.the staff are the best,great drinks,food,clean.Juanel did everything in his power to make us happy,happy! carlo,the bartender is a show in himself,balancing drinks on his arm! a wonderful time in all,would go again,maybe in the spring, this time.EXCELLENTA!

Room Tip: ocean view
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
JazminRojas, Front Desk Manager Assistant at Secrets Royal Beach, responded to this review, November 14, 2012
Dear Guest,

On behalf of our General Manager we want to thank you for choosing Secrets Royal Beach Punta Cana for your vacations and taking your time to make a Review on TripAdvisor.

We are delighted to read about your fabulous experience with us and how much you enjoyed every minute from check in to check out. We were very eager to pass along your wonderful comments to our staff.

We will be waiting for you to give you a warm welcome back home, do not hesitate to contact us if you need any assistance before coming.

Jazmín Rojas
Houston, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2012

Our vacation got off to a rough start, but quickly turned around. From the hotel shuttle through Delta Vacations, to the front desk, to the concierge, everyone immediately started presuring us into booking excursions. It was quite annoying as we just wanted to start our vacation and not be bothered about things we werent interested in. Jacky (host/butler) took over immediately and got us to our room. He consistantly followed up with us EVERYDAY to make sure we were happy and to see if we needed anything. He made reservations for us, gave us details about the hotels, and even specially decorated our room and jacuzzi with rose petals for us. There were MANY others that stood out including but not limited to Steves (host), Angel (pool server), Martinez (bartender), and Feliz (server at Oceana). For the most part we thoroughly enjoyed our food. Our favorites were Spice (asian cousine) and Oceana (seafood). The breakfast and lunch buffet was excellent with a large variety to meet the needs of people from all over the world. I have a few pieces of advise: 1. If you want something ask. They dont always immediately anticipate your needs but always come through on requests. 2. Restaurant service at NOW is significantly worse than in Secrets. The service in Capers was especially poor. It almost seemed as though we were inconveniencing them. 3. Dont drink the water. This includes brushing your teeth with the faucet and pool water being splashed in your drinks. Us as well as several other couples suffered from stomach issues. 4. The hotel literature states that they do not allow people to save chairs before 8am, but this is NOT the case. Several German families woke at the crack of dawn to save a majority of the chairs.

I would definitely go again and would recommend to anyone!

Room Tip: Make sure your room truly has an ocean view if you requested it. First floor rooms are nice and inc...
Dear Guest,

On behalf of our General Manager we want to thank you for choosing Secrets Royal Beach Punta Cana for your vacation and taking your time to make a review on TripAdvisor, sharing your experience with other travelers.

We regret you vacations didn't start as you expected, but we are happy to know that our staff help and make sure you had an unforgettable experience. Our main goal is not only to meet but exceed all our guest expectation, and your satisfaction is our main prize.

Thank you for sharing your experience and give us the opportunity to see some little details to look after, to give you an even better time in your next visit.

Jazmin Rojas
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2012

We stayed at the Royal Beach Secrets resort, celebrating our 10 year anniversary as well as friends of ours Marriage! It was a trip of a life time. We were there for 10 days and loved it! The people, the staff, the guests!

Room Tip: we stayed in an ocean view jr. suite. Loved it! only would have changed was to stay
Dear Guest,

On behalf of our General Manager we want to thank you for choosing Secrets Royal Beach Punta Cana for your anniversary celebration and for taking time to post a review on TripAdvisor.

We are delighted to read your remarks about our staff and your amazing life time experience. We expect to have the pleasure to serve you and your friends in a near future.

Jazmín Rojas M
Airdrie, Alberta, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2012

DATE Nov 2nd - Nov 9th, 2012. and with my husband & myself for my 40th & Our 14th Anniversary. FOOD please NOTE I am all about the food love to cook so I am a real critic but many people seemed to feel the same way that we met.....FOOD was "okay" first time to Dominican so can only compare to other Am Resorts (Dreams Cancun and Vallarta best food) & other AI - RIU (the worst for food in restaurants), Barcelo, Sandals.... Buffet was okay, best was the Japense (Spice), worst was the Bluewater Grill (service), Mercure (French) worst food. Room service was good. DRINKS House wines not the best but could order wines for $$. Good selction of cocktails premium Brands - Coorslight (husbands drink) Stoli/Bacardi/Absolut/ Vodka drinker - so not sure about other liquors but I imagine they had, but beware they would run out on a daily basis, so limted premiums. The staff would try to get more but they seemed to only be able to get from time to time.Cranberrry juice bottled & would run out. ROOM 5150 Main Floor which I actaully liked, clean, bed comfortable, nice shower, outdoor jaccuzzi (did not use), musty smell very humid, pretty quiet a little water noise in the wall one night but went away. POOLS pretty much stayed at the pool with pool bar, not alot of chairs, beach was nice, clean some seaweed but not bother some, no peddlars on beach. Chairs were comfortable. STAFF - "Excellente" & I quote as they said this often, which was nice, all staff tried to accomdate our requests, first night wanted a nice wine at the bar, & they got room service to bring, it did a bit of time but they went the extra mile & this was the first time we met "Jacky", we saw him almost every day was very helpful, including getting our room decorated & cake. He also helped when my husband got sick (think food poisioning) but not sure, was not travellers "diarreha" as he has had before, it happens. Last two nights there. CASINO - was small but still had fun, won the poker tournament, only permit for 1hr for poker . DISCO did not make it too however some people we met said just to hot as was outside....Next door NOW LARIMAR - lots of kids....WEATHER hot and humid, did not rain once but they were expecting thunderstorms in the evening. TRANSFER to and from good, travelled with Westjet......Over all a good time and if you want something do not be afraid to ask.

Room Tip: We do about 6 trips a year, so if you want to spend less $$$ the main floor rooms are good & wou...
Connecticut
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2012

My husband and I visited the Secrets Royal Beach at the end of Oct/beginning of Nov. Overall, we had a good vacation. The service was excellent across the resort. Check in and checkout were quick. Every time we ordered room service, they were there soon with hot food. I had a very hard time deciding whether to give the resort a 3 or 4, because some parts were much, much better than average. However, we did hit some speed bumps that made it harder to love the resort.

Noise - One of the things I hated was how loud things were on the resort. For example, the music played at the pool bar was so loud, I couldn't talk to my husband over it. At one point, I nicely asked the bartender to turn it down, and he helped fix it temporarily. However, it was louder again later in the day/week, so it was kind of a constant annoyance. The music played in the square at night was so loud that I had to turn on the TV to drown it out. Also, a couple days before we left, a group moved in down the hall who would keep their doors open and scream constantly. When I politely asked them if they could keep it down so we could nap, they told me I should nap some other time. In the pool, there was also a group of people (not sure if it was the same group as down the hall from me or not) who came in right before sundown and was ridiculously rowdy. Overall, the constant noise made it very difficult to relax and unwind. It also made me want to avoid my favorite part of a resort - the swim-up bar.

Dirty Pool - the grout for the pool tiling needs some serious scrubbing. It wasn't horrible in all spots, but some were pretty gross.

Restaurant selection/drinks in restaurants - Secrets only has two ala carte restaurants and neither of them are open for lunch. You have to go over to the NOW resort to get any variety. Some of the restaurants don't have a bar, so you can only get wine or their "welcome drink." I wouldn't mind getting wine, but their house wine was really horrendous and their wine list was so ridiculously priced for the quality level that it wasn't worth it to me to order a bottle.

Ultimate Vacation Club - When we checked in, they gave us a voucher for VIPs and told us that we needed to go to the desk on the side to get all of our free rewards before we go to our room. Since all of the wonderful people on Trip Advisor had warned us about the timeshares, we assumed that is what they were trying to get us to visit and just ignored the suggestion. When we went to leave for our room, someone stopped us and told us we needed to go to the VIP thing. We said "No thanks" and she told us to make sure to come back later, which we didn't. That was the last we were asked about it, so it's not as if it ruined our vacation. However, I definitely think that it's tacky that they're selling timeshares to begin with and that they're trying to disguise it as a VIP service.

Smoking - there were plenty of smokers who would light up anywhere. We ended up never eating outside, because you never knew if the table getting sat next to you was going to light up and start blowing smoke in your face.

Housekeeping - I don't know if they are understaffed, but it seems as though housekeeping didn't come service rooms very quickly. They did an adequate job once they arrived, though.

Updates on the NOW side - some of the rooms were being varnished so when you walked by, it reeked. More troublesome, though, was when we went to one of the restaurants for dinner. It was not well ventilated and it stunk of varnish. We ended up leaving right after we sat down, because we couldn't imagine being able to enjoy a meal there. I would think that the fumes would make someone sick if they were there for an extended period of time.

Rafts and chairs around the pool - it was very hard to get a chair near the pool, which was slightly obnoxious. Even more obnoxious were people who saved a raft by the chair that they didn't use all day so that rafts were not available to other guests. Secrets should have you check out rafts like you do towels, and have someone come around and collect the ones that aren't in use. Plus, the rafts were pretty beat up.

Spa - There is a spa on the Secrets side, but there's also a spa on the NOW side (called RAM). The latter isn't a full on spa, but its prices are almost half what the Secrets spa was. I just couldn't imagine the quality being twice as good on the Secrets side, so I got my hot stone massage at RAM.

Like I said, we still had a good time. I probably would not pay full price for this resort, but if you can get a good rate, I would recommend going. If we go to Punta Cana in the future and are considering staying, we might stay at the NOW side instead, since most of the restaurants are over there anyway and the noise level is about the same.

Room Tip: I would recommend getting one that opens out to the pool, so you have guaranteed lounge chairs.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
JazminRojas, Front Desk Manager Assistant at Secrets Royal Beach, responded to this review, November 13, 2012
Dear Guest,

On behalf of our General Manager, we want to thank you for choosing Secrets Royal Beach Punta Cana for your vacations and taking your time to share your experience with other travelers by posting a review on TripAdvisor.

We appreciate your review and all details you mention, being good or points to take under consideration from our property as those help us to improve in all our services.

We hope to have the opportunity to serve you once again and make sure you have the excellent experience we are use to give to all our guest.

Jazmín Rojas M