“great hotel,amazing staff” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Secrets Royal Beach

Save Saved
You added Secrets Royal Beach to your Saves list
Secrets Royal Beach
4.5 of 5 Hotel   |   Av Alemania S/N | El Cortecito, Bavaro Beach, Punta Cana, Dominican Republic   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Free Nights!
Ranked #8 of 100 Hotels in Punta Cana
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
“great hotel,amazing staff”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2012

Just returned fr a great 2 wk holiday at Secrets Royal Beach. We were treated like royalty by all the staff especially at the Buffet and Alecart restaurants Manager Carlos and his staff Samoro,Hemmy,Miguel,Santo,Felix,Minkey,Rafael,Carmen Josefa,JaquelineFaustino,Ericson,Juan Carlos,Yovaney and a lot more were excellent at doing their job of serving your every need. We will definetly return. The beach is beautiful and so is the Lazy River pool. Lots of fun going on all the time at the swim-up bar with excellent waiters and waitresses Carlos,Gladys, Yolainy,Marguarita,Santa,Alba,Patricia who also deliver your drinks to the beach with a smile. The activity staff are a lot of fun and encourage you to join in at volleyball,dance and excersize if you wish (Speedy and Akon are part of that team) and are a lot of fun just to talk to..Butler service is also available if you would like (just talk to Alexis as he is very nice and will arrange all your needs). A romantic dinner on the beach can also be arrange(we had it and loved it for our Annivesary) Mama and Papa from Toronto Canada.

Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,065)
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 4, 2012

I went to SRB, 4/23-4/30 for my honeymoon. Upon arrival after 3 pm, our room was not ready, but it was a short wait and we did not mind since we were given water, a cool cloth and champagne. We were in room 5377, ocean view room. We loved our room. We thought it was gorgeous and the view of the pool bar/ocean was great.

I got sick the second day. I cannot confirm if it was sun poisoning or from the food. I was on the toilet non stop and then 2 days later my husband had the same thing. We both think it was from the food. We have never gotten sick on vacation before, except at this resort. We recently went to Secrets in Jamaica and we did not get sick.

I know some people have complained about music being too loud at the pool bar, but we loved it. We loved the atmostshpere of the dominican music playing as we laid on our rafts in the pool. I personally do not think the music was too loud, but hey, you cant please everyone. I see people have complained about the entertainment team & the late afternoon pool activites, which are optional. I did not participate but I loved watching the activities such as the pool canoe races and swim races. I loved the staff & their dances by the pool and they brought smiles to most peoples faces. Some people are just miserable & love to complain. Akon and Mickey Mouse were great and so enthusiastic! If you dont like this type of stuff, go to the lazy river.

The staff is AMAZING! Angel & Junior were our waiters by the pool and they took care of us. For people complaining of tipping..stop being cheap. How could you NOT tip a waiter? Included or not, just throw them a few bucks and stop complaining about tipping. I go to the bank before ANY vacation and get 100 dollars in ones for tips. I grew up with bar owner parents so everything I have had in life is from tips, so I NEVER not tip. I will never understand people who dont tip. Anyway, staff is great and they DO NOT expect or ask for tips, but tips are greatly appreciated by these hard workers. Some of these staff members worked everyday for the 8 days I was there, not one day off.

Just a couple things I did not like: the fact that there are only 2 restaurants on Secrets side (3 if you count the buffet, which in my opinion I like to go to a restaurant at night, not a buffet). I thought the Seaside Grill and Oceana (restaurants on Secrets side) food was just OK. It wasnt great, it wasnt horrible. The breakfast and lunch buffets at La Riveria were great tho! Also the grill area was awesome, loved the grilled chicken and hotdogs as an afternoon snack!

I did not want to walk over to NOW and wait in long lines to be seated or deal with kids ( I am a mother, but I was on my honeymoon and didnt want to be surrounded by children) but we attempted to try out the restaurants at NOW a few nights and I thought the menu selections at the Italian and French place were horrible, so we just ended up rotating between the 2 restaurants at Secrets everynight. Also I was not impressed with the room service food selection. The Secrets in Jamaica offered much more room service selection, especially for breakfast.

I also saw a few roaches. They were by the spa area. I know there are roaches everywhere in the world, but doesnt mean I want to see them. It was only one time though...so I quickly forgot about it!

So other than being sick a few days, the bland food, and seeing a roach or two, I had a great time. It was my honeymoon, I dont get away often and I made the best of it and had a wonderful time. How can I complain when I had 8 days of sunshine, pool, beach, fruity drinks and a beautiful resort? We had wonderful weather...met great people...and really enjoyed ourselves and the environment. I probably will not go back, only because I am not a frequent traveler and we want to explore other islands each time we go away.

Room Tip: We had ocean view and loved it, we were on 3rd floor. Other couples had swim out...but didnt reall...
Absecon, New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 3, 2012

I recently spent a week at Secrets Royal Beach in Punta Cana with a group of friends. The property was very well maintained and very clean. A small group of us rented the cabana on the beach which really put a nice flair on the trip. We had an amazing butler, Arcenio, who when asked would reply, "anything is possible". His personalized attention really made our trip special.
I would definitely consider another Secrets property as well as booking through Apple Vacations.

Thanks again Arcenio

High Point, NC
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2012

My wife and I just returned from a 5 night stay at this resort and had a blast! The people at this resort are what make it. Speedy, Akon, Mickey Mause, and the whole entertainment team are unlike any other entertainment we have seen at other resorts. They are always in a great mood, will always greet you whenever they see you (whether they know you or not!) and do a great job of keeping things lively especially at the pool in the afternoons. The bartenders in the pool area, Roinert, Arturo, and Angel are super friendly and full of energy. Even our housekeeper, Kenia, was always very friendly and always seemed to pay attention to our schedule (which was a little unpredictable) as our room was always spotless whenever we came back. We have had problems at other resorts with somewhat lackluster housekeeping, this was definitely NOT the case here!

The food here is good, my wife and I do not go in expecting 5-star restaurant quality from an all-inclusive resort though. The Seaside Grill was our favorite for dinner and Castaways (at NOW) was our favorite place for lunch.

The only complaints we had were the layout of the resort. The restaurants are all near the front of the resort near the beach. There are not any bars nearby to stop in and have a drink at on the way to dinner. This is something we really enjoyed doing at other resorts, but it was a little out of the way to do that here. It's by no means the end of the world though.

If you want a chair in the shade at the pool or on the beach, we found that you needed to go reserve one around 6-6:30am as they would all be taken by the time we got there around 8 most days. The hotel does ask that people wait until 8am to reserve chairs, but no one really pays attention to this. Again, not a big deal.

The only other recommendation we have is to learn some basic Spanish before you go. Neither of us know much Spanish and some of the staff do not speak much English. I don't really fault them for this because we are in their country and we expect most everybody to speak English in the US, so I cannot be a hypocrite and ask them to learn our language in their own country! The people were very patient with us though and even tried to teach us some Spanish when they realized we didn't understand.

It was a very good trip overall and one day we will definitely be back to the DR!

Rochester, New Hampshire, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2012

My friend booked us on a seven night vacation for Punta Cana and we stayed on Secrets which was more of a couples resort, however our first full day we met Speedy and Winnie at the Pool and The entertainment team was the best parts of my days. They livened the mood,., The music woke you up and made you really feel the Latin experience that I was looking for. Staff was so friendly and attentive and seemed to LOVE being with ALL the people. I thought that Speedy and Akon were the very BEST Water Aerobic instructors. And I think Speedy's character pulled people to join the events. His English was Amazing compared to some of the other staff which is always helpful and I just think that the Team We got to experience was incredible. The dancing was tasteful and fun and full of energy and they really made my experience in Punta Cana unforgettable.
The place is well taken care of, never a moment when I didn't see something being enhanced. The food at both Secret and Now buffet was great, never a day I didn't find something delicious.
The shows at the Crystal Theatre were AMAZING... pulling in the audience to people they met from their entertainment teams, my favorites being Speedy..Akon..Winnie and Mickey Mause... Never a dull moment when they were around... And the performances at the Crystal Theatre were absolutely AMAZING...
Loved the night club, my only suggestion is to play more music from the DR instead of trying to play more English based music just because we are coming to experience your culture and well Our White night was kinda ruined by the rain, but that night they played 80% ALL music from the DR at the Eclipse night club and I thought that was absolutely an AMAZING night musically.. I think it is great that the dancers come in and get the people out and dancing and everyone seemed to love their enthusiasm and energy...

Had a GREAT time and def plan on returning next year... MY favorite part of the Entertainment Team by far was Speedy Gonzalo Reyes.. Akon.. Mickey and Winnie...

Room Tip: We didnt request anything specific but next time I would request a beach view... It was so beautiful...
Mays Landing, NJ
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2012

I just returned from Secrets Royal Beach having vacationed there from 4/20/12 to 4/27/12 with a group of 34 friends. Before going, I read all the reviews here on Trip Advisor. I was a little concerned about the quality of food based on the reviews I read on here. I found the food very good with one exception, the deserts were very bland and all tasted the same. I only ventured next door to the NOW resort for one dinner and that was at the SPICE Restaurant where we had a group dinner for our entire group of 34. The dinner was great. We ate at the buffet, the seafood restaurant and the steakhouse at Secrets for the remainder of our meals and all were great. The outside grill was a must for lunch, I don't know what they do to the chicken but it is unbelievable.

While there, we rented one of the cabana's almost everyday which comes with Butler service. I would highly reccomend this to anyone making the trip. Our Butler was named Arcenio and I could not be more happy with the service he provided. Arcenio has a knack for the hospitality industry and knows how to treat his guests. He was very attentive to ALL of our needs be it drinks, food or whatever. He made sure all the little details were taken care of for us to make this a truely unforgettable vacation. I would highly reccomend you seek him out on your trip and let him make it unforgettable for you too.

This resort has to be viewed to truly realize the beauty of it. The staff is so friendly and the place is unbelievably clean. The rooms are impeccably clean as well as the grounds. The one complaint I would have is that they need to improve the quality of the shows and entertainment they have at night. Some of the shows were so bad that we actually got up and walked out of them.

Some of the other staff besides Arcenio that make this resort so special are Speedy, Juan Manuel, Angel, Jasmine and numerous other hardworking individuals. Thank you for making my vacation so enjoyable.

Room Tip: Stay away from the even numbered rooms unless you like a room with NO view !
NJ
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2012

"Anything is possible" is what Arcenio (our butler) said, and it was true, all 7 days of our stay. We absolutely LOVED SRB and will definitely go again...and again!

From the time we entered the resort and were greeted with cold towels and champagne we were delighted. Our room (5133-thank you Monica!) was immaculately clean as were the hall and lobby areas. Everything is CLEAN!! These people can be seen around the clock scrubbing the tile hallway floors and cleaning rooms. The floors all over just shine!

Turn-down service every night was particularly delightful. They, not only turn down the beds and leave chocolates and daily events information, but also replenish your towels, re-stock the refrigerator and empty the waste baskets. The patios/jacuzzis are relaxing and, though, the jacuzzis are outside on the patio, the palm trees offer just enough privacy for romance.

The grounds are just beautiful! Everything, and I mean EVERYTHING is picturesque! I particularly liked the ambience lighting at night, where the walkway balls changed colors every few seconds.

I am a beach person, my husband-not so much. However, we had a cabana on the beach every day we were there and he relaxed in the shade while I sunned. Speaking of our cabana every day...our butler, Arcenio was absolutely AMAZING!!!!! He couldn't do enough for us! While polite and helpful, he was genuinely FRIENDLY! This man knows his business!!! From mimosas to bloody marys, coffees, mixed drinks, beer, chicken, ribs, burgers, hot dogs, sushi and fruit platters, this guy had us covered! I highly recommend cabana service on this beach! Arcenio made our week remarkable and we definitely will be back to see him!!!! We LOVED Arcenio!!!

We headed over to the pool at the end of each day to find Speedy and his crew doing water aerobics, kayak races (just to name a few) in the pool for a short stint. The pool was always fun with the swim-up bar and great music. After taking part in the pool fun, we'd head down aways to hook up with the rest of our group (34 in all) and were waited on by our boy Angel E. ("I love American-my family"). Angel E. always made sure our cups were filled and was very entertaining! I give this guy an A+ just for his humor!!

Food was great! Never waited for service anywhere we went. And sometimes we had up to 13 in our group for dinner. The last night all 34 of us dined at Spice and did the hibatchi. Service was exceptional wherever I ate and I liked that the buffet offered a different theme every night for dinner. I thoroughly enjoyed breakfast every morning outside at the buffet, right along the beach.

We will, without a doubt, be back to this resort in the near future!! Thank you to ALL the staff at Secrets Royal Beach: Front desk, housekeeping, waiters, security, butlers, hostesses and event staff for a wonderful week! Arcenio, Theddy, Juan Manuel, Angel E., Speedy, Akon, Mickey, Minnie...definitivamente vamos a verte de nuevo! EXCELENTE!

Room Tip: Room 5133 was GREAT! Not a swim-out, no need for that. The pool is just steps away.
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Secrets Royal Beach? Share your experiences!