“Excellent Hotel, very well maintained” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Luxury Bahia Principe Esmeralda Don Pablo Collection

You added Luxury Bahia Principe Esmeralda Don Pablo Collection to your Saves list
Luxury Bahia Principe Esmeralda Don Pablo Collection
4.0 of 5 Resort (All-Inclusive)   |   Crta. Arena Gorda - Macao, Punta Cana, Dominican Republic   |
Hotel virtual tour
Special Offer
Winter up to 50% off
Ranked #13 of 99 Hotels in Punta Cana
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Miramichi
“Excellent Hotel, very well maintained”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW via mobile

Traveled here for a week with my family which consisted of a group of 8. Never had to wait longer than 5 minutes for a table when dining. The entire resort is maintained very well. This place is clean! Close proximity to the beach which has a ramp for wheelchair access. Nightly entertainment available. Food was plentiful though nothing tastes quite like it does at home. Staff are very friendly and always accomodating when making requests. We were delighted to see how spacious the rooms were! Mattress was quite hard but additional pillow top available upon request for added comfort. Round the clock room service is available as well with a fair variety of snacks. Two different dining areas to choose from for buffet. A la carte restaurants decent! Would love to go back!!

Stayed March 2015, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (983)
  • Polish first
Miramichi, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

My husband and I stayed at Esmeralda from April 10-17 and it was a amazing trip. I email the resort 2 weeks prior to going to request a room in building 90 or 91 and they fulfilled the request and gave us room 91007 which was great it was a perfect location. This was our 4 trip south (second trip to the grand bahia complex) and I would have to say that it was by far the best service that we have ever received.
The Room:
Our maid was amazing our room was done very early every day and we always had extra beer and chips in our mini fridge and there was always some sort of design made out of towels and flowers on our bed.
The Food:
The food was incredible!!! The buffets were absolutely delicious. We tried 3 al la cartes : Il Capriccio (Italian), The Garden Grill (steakhouse) and Maiko (Japanese). All three were amazing but I do have to say if you do go to the Il Capriccio do not bother getting any of the pasta dishes cause all of the 6 people we went to dinner with hated the starter pasta dishes but for the main course the steak dish and the chicken dish are absolutely amazing!!!.
The Bars:
The bars in Esmeralda are great, the service was very quick and very friendly. Our friends that were with us stayed at the Punta Cana Royal Golden section and I do have to say that the bar in the lobby in Punta Cana can be very frustrating its takes a very long time to get your drink so make the wait count and get multiple drinks at once :)
The Pools:
The pools were absolutely beautiful. We spent a lot of time at the adults only jacuzzi pool and I have to say that the service at that pool made our trip. We were constantly served champagne poolside and it was amazing !!
The Beach:
We didn't spend a lot of time at the beach because we are more pool people but what time we did spend at the beach was great. It was absolutely beautiful!!
All in all it was a amazing trip and I would recommend this resort to everyone!!!

Hamilton, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

For a one week family vacation the Esmeralda Bahia Principe is the place to be. I have been travelling to resorts on family vacation for over 15 years now so I have some experience, especially this being my 5th time to the Dominican Republic. The cleanliness of the resort was impeccable, your room is even cleaned twice a day. The rooms decor was beautiful as well. The only unfortunate thing is due to the size of the Bahia, none of the rooms face the ocean so sitting out at night on the patio was a little disappointing not being able to see and hear the ocean. The food was great, the buffets offered a great variety of choice and the taste was fantastic, not to mention everyday on the beach they were making something special and different that was more along the lines of local cuisine if you were feeling ambitious to take on Dominican culture, and they were delicious. The all a carts were good as well, the only place my family and I didn't really enjoy was the Fish Restaurant, other than that, they were all great. If you can try and book the steak house twice like we did :) You can definitely tell the difference between the luxury section of the Esmeralda in comparison to the other cheaper parts of the Bahia but your enclosed in your own little world and the place is so massive if you never go to the other sections you won't see it. We just so happened to rent segways and took an hour trip around the whole resort. That being said you do need to get to some of the all a carts and entertainment night shows by trolly, otherwise you are walking a very far distance, but your on it for about two-five minutes maximum, they run continuously and some of our families finest moments happened on the trolly. We really enjoyed them. The pools were beautiful and clean, there were louder pools and also quitter sections available to those who really want to relax, depending on your mood. Our family vacation consisted of 12 people, from ages 3 to 58 and there was something for everyone. There were water parks and trampolines for the kids, spas for the elder adults, and adventure tours for us in between that were all reasonably priced. I highly recommend going on the doon buggy excursion and renting the segways. I would save your money and not go parasailing. The time of year we went created a lot of see weed at the beach which was the only unfortunate thing, because I have been several times and never experienced this. But upon some research all of Dominican and much of Mexico was experiencing the same thing, its common when traveling in early April. Nonetheless every morning at 5 a.m. they had people and bulldozers out there getting the beach as clear as possible for us to enjoy. The staff were so friendly and amazing, I grew connections with quite a few of them, these connections are hard to come by and I was really happy with their service staff and entertainment team. The entertainment as night was great as well, it's not the Cirque de Solei Show, but we found it very entertaining every night and they offer 3 shows a day at different times to accommodate different family needs. I would highly recommend this place to others, we had a great time :)

• Stayed April 2015, traveled with family
Moncton, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

We just arrived from our first stay at a Bahia property and wanted to put our review in while the experience was still fresh in our minds.

The Good:
- The staff members are very attentive and friendly. This goes for the beach staff, the animation team, the front desk and the restaurants. All had smiles on their faces and happy to help.

- The beach, this goes without saying, Bavaro beach is stunning to say the least but the stretch of beach for the Esmerelda is very clean, lots of shaded areas if you wanted it and the seaweed is cleared off the beach before 9am every single morning. The staff taking your drink orders on the beach are also very friendly and fast.

- The restaurants are all pretty good across the resort but we have to tip our hat to the Garden Grill as being our favourite in the entire complex. It's not as fancy as the Don Pablo in the Ambar but the food is amazing! And Carlos the Maitre D really made our night special. You have a real star with him, I hope he stays there for years to come. Bella Italia and Portofino are all very good choices as well.

- Entertainment, while not as lively as the Punta Cana section, they really did their best to make the experience fun at the beach and at the pool area during the designated hours. They were all good humoured and really had a blast! Make a point to go see the Circus & Lion King show at the Pueblo Principe area of the Punta Cana section, you'll love it!

Not So Good:

Rooms: The bed was very uncomfortable compared to other resorts in the area we've been to, very hard on the back but it's a personal thing as you may enjoy a harder bed than we do. Facecloths made an appearance on one day and never returned again, I'm not sure why it wasn't consistently provided every day and the mini-bar was not re-filled properly every day, you had to complain to the butler to have it done.

Buffets: The food itself was good but will not vary from day to day, with the exception of the paella offering. As good as the food is, you do get tired of the same items for 7 days.

Shuttles: The shuttle service is efficient but will take you some time to get used to. Don't try them for the first time at night, you'll get so confused and lost that you'll just give up. We thought it was just us but it was commonplace to hear others complain about the confusing system as well.

Bad:

Reserving chairs with towels!! The towel game is alive and well at this resort. Even if they had signs everywhere saying it was not allowed it was not uncommon to see the cabanas around the adults only pool reserved for 8 hours a day and no one showing up until 5 to pick up their towels or seeing massive families drape towels over 12 prime location beach chairs under the palapas. Don't fool yourself, the resort will not enforce the "no reservation" policy.

The vendors in the 8 carts selling items in the Peublo Principe area are incredible aggressive! You except some level of pushiness but they went above and beyond, some of them even cursing out women that wouldn't buy from them and really kicking up a fuss if you even dared go look at the next cart without buying from the one you were looking at.

The Bahia Privileged Club, I understand most resorts have a program like this, but you could not walk in the lobby without being asked to listen to a sales pitch. Even if you told them you had dinner plans, they would ask you to postpone them and listen to them. No matter how many no's you give them, every day was the same song and dance.

Wifi, I'm not a huge fan of using the Internet when I'm on vacation but you would expect that wifi would be free at a "Luxury" level resort, instead you had to wrestle with an annoying hotspot system that had you fill out forms with personal details every day you wanted to use it.

Overall, we loved the resort and if they can fix the few issues I mentioned above, it would make future experiences even better!

Room Tip: Try to get a pool-view room, we had the "garden" view, which is basically a view of the ot...
  • Stayed April 2015, traveled as a couple
Viancagraciano, customer service at Luxury Bahia Principe Esmeralda Don Pablo Collection, responded to this review, yesterday
Dear Guest,

We would like to thank you for bringing to our attention your comments about your stay in our Hotel, which we will take in the highest consideration. We sincerely appreciate all feedback as it enables us to continue improving our services for our guests.

Thank you for taking your valuable time to classify the things you consider we need to improve and be more demanding with this.

It’s our sincere hope to have the opportunity to welcome you in the near future in any of our Bahia Principe Hotels & Resorts and demonstrating you our commitment to excellence and provide you a better experience.

Kindest regards,

Montreal, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

This is not a luxury hotel. Did not get room that was requested they did seem to care waited 2 days to recieve room then had to pack everything up and move. The rooms are not that clean about 3ins. Of dust on the lamps .employees at buffets are more attentive to girls going by than the customers .a resort this size to communicate you have to use sign language not to good.the buffet very small poor choice compared to the punta cana buffet huge difference. Been here 4 times never going back again has become to big to independent there is no more customer service when you have gone to many resorts right away you see the difference. If its your first time you wont realize it.very disappointed.

Room Tip: The second floor facing pool good choice.
  • Stayed April 2015, traveled as a couple
Viancagraciano, customer service at Luxury Bahia Principe Esmeralda Don Pablo Collection, responded to this review, 2 days ago
Dear guest,

We appreciate that you take the time to send us your observations regarding your experience during your stay with us. On behalf of all our staff we ask our sincere apologies for the inconveniences you experienced. It is important to clarify that room’s petitions are subject to availability and may not adjust to you exact request.

We sincerely hope that despite these situations, you will consider to give us a chance to welcome you once again.

Greetings,

5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

The food, the atmosphere, the service, the weather... Everything was amazing.

I have nothing I can compare it to, but I loved it.

If I can go back I absolutely would.

I can't say anything bad about my experience, my highlights were touring the real Dominican and the foods from all around the world. The French restaurant was my favorite.

Stayed February 2015
Viancagraciano, customer service at Luxury Bahia Principe Esmeralda Don Pablo Collection, responded to this review, 3 days ago
Dear Dan,

It is a pleasure to read that our staff is providing the natural warm and hospitality that characterize us. We are glad to know that you have nothing to compare and love everything.

We are looking forward to welcome you in Punta Cana!

Kind regards,

Green Bay, Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

From the moment we stepped off the airplane, everyone from D.R. was wonderful. The people at the airport were so efficient and many spoke English fluently. Rep from Blue led us directly to our Shuttle past the long lines of people waiting for their shuttles. We were greeted at the Bahia like Royalty. It was literally minutes from the time we entered the Bahia Principe entrance and we were at the beautiful Esmaralda. Our baggage was immediately taken care of worry and hassle free. we were offered a drink at our arrival and the front desk couldnt have been more warming and inviting. Our room was beyond our expectations. Impeccably clean and very spacious,not your typical hotel room, a nice seating area with sofa and two chairs with a small table, nice sized flat screen tv. I happen to like a firm mattress, so no complaints there. The bathroom was very large with comparmentalized toilet area and shower for privacy. We were in building 91 third floor, which was a right next to the beach and pool. Very quiet, never heard a thing at night, and room kept cool at all times with card kept inserted in air conditioning control. conveniently located saftey box in room at no charge. The food was good, the snack bar on the beach was excellent. Excellent service there every day. All waiters very kind and efficient. One of our favorites was the Takura, the Japanese restaurant located in the Esmaralda Resort. Excellent Buffet, service , and presentation. Also the Makia Hubachi japanese Restaurant was excellent. Our favorite for breakfast was the Geranium room which is located behind the first pool, it has outdoor dining and lower key than the Jazmine breakfast buffet, not as loud. Those two stand out as my favorite. The Beach was gorgeous, never a problem finding a chair. Plenty to go around, contrary to many complaints I have seen. You may not always get a papai early in the morning, but if not, be patient and by afternoon one always eventually openened up. Usually a waiter on the beach to get a drink, if not, the beach bar is located right on beach just steps away. There is a bar everywhere you go, The shops are approx. a mile and 1/2 down the beach, a nice walk and a gentle no thanks goes a long way if not interested in their offerings. we did purchase some jewelry for quite a good price, stay firm with your price and you will be happy with your finds. We went on the all day Catalina Island Excursion, snorkleing, lunch with a fresh lobster offering, which we had and was amazing, swimming, We loved Punta Cana, and will be back. I actually cried in the gift shop as I was leaving to go home and the girl gave me a big hug and said come back and bring your family! I was so touched by the Dominicans, sweet and truly genuine.

Room Tip: we were in building 91 third floor facing pool. very quiet, nice view of pool, could see a little oc...
  • Stayed April 2015, traveled as a couple
Viancagraciano, cust at Luxury Bahia Principe Esmeralda Don Pablo Collection, responded to this review, 3 days ago
Dear Carrie,

We are very pleased to read that you enjoyed your holidays thanks to our rich gastronomy, excellent buffet presentation, impeccable rooms, as well as the excellent service from the staff. At Bahia Principe our goal is to make your stay become an unforgettable experience.
Thank you for your comments and it will be a pleasure to receive you once again.
Kind regards,
Bahia Principe Bavaro Resort

Been to Luxury Bahia Principe Esmeralda Don Pablo Collection? Share your experiences!