“Can't wait to go back there!!!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Luxury Bahia Principe Esmeralda Don Pablo Collection

Save Saved
You added Luxury Bahia Principe Esmeralda Don Pablo Collection to your Saves list
Luxury Bahia Principe Esmeralda Don Pablo Collection
4.0 of 5 Resort (All-Inclusive)   |   Crta. Arena Gorda - Macao, Punta Cana, Dominican Republic   |
Ranked #10 of 100 Hotels in Punta Cana
Montreal, Canada
“Can't wait to go back there!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

WOW quel hôtel!!! From the moment we arrived to the time we left, nothing to say but AMAZING HOTEL!!! Everything was perfect! The food at the buffet, the service, the cleaness, the gardens, pools, the beach... The hotel is great, but the staff makes it a real 5 stars. Thanks to MILFI (butler service) for all the special details. A big thanks to Edwin at front desk, Maximo at the bar and everyone else that made our stay unforgetable! I was there with my husband, and next time we would take the kids with us. Great place for couples and families.

Room Tip: Ask them in advance if you can have a room at the villa 90, 91 or 92 (pool view).
  • Stayed September 2014, traveled as a couple
Viancagraciano, Gerente at Luxury Bahia Principe Esmeralda Don Pablo Collection, responded to this review, yesterday
Dear Liz,

It´s wonderful to see that you felt amazing from the moment you arrive until you left. Your review represent us a challenge to continue striving toward excellence.

The people you mentioned and all our staff, will be motivate with such positives comments and gratefulness to them.

Looking forward to welcome you back in the near future with your kids.

Greetings,

Bahia Principe Bavaro Resort

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (808)
  • Polish first
Kitchener, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

I stayed at this hotel in September, 2014 for a family vacation. It was one of the best family vacations I have had. The resort is beautiful and very clean, the staff is extremely friendly, the amenities great. The food was amazing. I would not hesitate to come back!

• Stayed September 2014, traveled with family
Viancagraciano, customer service at Luxury Bahia Principe Esmeralda Don Pablo Collection, responded to this review, yesterday
Dear Mira,

Bahia Principe strongly believes that our guest’s satisfaction depends on the daily performance of our staff, who with their effort and friendliness, created you the best family vacation you have had.

We are looking forward to welcome you back.

Always at your disposal,

Dublin, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

We were fortunate enough to be treated to the Italian Village at Beaches on Turks and Caicos by my late father in 2011. After his funeral this year, we “threw a dart at the Caribbean” as my wife and boys (10 and 15) just needed to sit and chill for week.

Beaches is the gold standard. We thought by going to Bahia Principe, at best we would be making endless comparisons the whole week, at worst we would be disappointed. In the end, Bahia Principe isn’t Beaches, but it had charm in its own right, and we do not regret going. A truth you cannot deny is, Bahia Principe costs a small fraction of Beaches.

Check-in. When we were dropped off by the minivan from the airport (pay the extra for the private minivan), we missed the sign, and didn’t realize we weren’t at the Esmeralda, but rather up the road. (The place is huge but managable). After 20 minutes in line, we go the bad, but well-delivered news and were escorted to the tram to our resort.

Accommodations – Probably the biggest contrast. The room was an oversized hotel room, and a little worn around the edges. Marble abounded in the bathroom, complete with shower and soaking tub. The mini bar was not as extensive as Beaches, but offered basic beverages (kid and adult), along with Lays potato chips. (These are commonly served throughout the resort, at the bars etc. as snacks). The balcony also looked out on…another balcony. It was like a Caribbean alley. Also, the open-air hallways had a musty smell. I think it’s because the thick carpets are permanently moist from incoming beachgoers and no humidity control. When it’s time to refurbish, I would replace all that with a nice non-slip tile.

Food – Not bad, buffets were not as extensive as Beaches, but nobody goes hungry. The theme restaurants are setup a little differently…most appetizers and desserts are buffet…main course is served. We tried about 5 different ones…none worth writing home about, none worth writing poorly about.

Booze – Beaches…flat out, it was a pain in the butt to get served. Bartenders were indifferent to the point of annoyance. At Bahia Principe, I saw a different attitude. The employees actually seemed to enjoy their job, had camaraderie amongst themselves, smiled, sang while working, and had a good time. And they poured well. Tips always help, but I never felt as if they were doing me a favor. The genuine “Hola!” attitude extended to other areas – housekeeping, pool attendants, front desk etc.

The other thing Bahia Principe had was an abundance of “extra” bars. You could be in a triangulation of a lobby bar, a pool bar, and a temporary bar they setup just at night. This made for short lines and happy guests. They also had waiters/waitress wandering the pool and beach areas, I don’t remember this extra service at Beaches.

Entertainment – We did the Michael Jackson show. It was really pretty good. We got their early, got established with our waitress, and the dollar tips ensure you will be visited on a regular cycle during the show. The teen lounge could use some work. Looked like an after-thought. It didn’t have drinks or restroom. But, it had video games and the kids were content to hang there several nights.

The bar theming wasn’t as good as Beaches either. The “English Pub” for example looked nothing like the such. There were huge swaths of glittery fabric on the ceiling…not a pub feeling. Karaoke wasn’t well done either. Unlike Beaches, there wasn’t a bar menu, just drinks. If you’re into beer, hopefully you like Presidente.

Pools/Watersports – Again, not as crisp as Beaches. As other reviewers have stated, they really need to enforce the saving chairs with towels policy. By the 3rd day, my wife decided she wanted “front row” at the beach, and joined the insanity and held seats with towels and other articles..at 6:10 AM. You would see chairs held for most of a day with just towels. The simple solution – if two chairs are being held with a single towel and nothing else, security removes it, and you lost your towel. $20 at checkout please.

Internet in lobby...at least the free internet was extremely slow. Took me 20 minutes to book one flight on a laptop, then I did another on my iPhone app instead on roaming 3G. iPhone was much faster.

So would I return? Although WE’RE not ones to return to the same place, (life too short, world too big). I can recommend Bahia Principe.

Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
Viancagraciano, customer service at Luxury Bahia Principe Esmeralda Don Pablo Collection, responded to this review, 4 days ago
Dear Client,

Post such as yours motivates us to continue striving towards excellence. Thank you for taking the time to write your review and classify each point you found important and bring to our attention your comments about your stay.

It´s good to know that you enjoyed the Michael Jackson show and great entertainment.

Looking forward to welcoming you once again!

Warmest regards,

5 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

You will find top shelf liquor, caviar and lobster. In the evening, chocolates of all sorts. You don't even have to ask for the good stuff, they just serve it and the drinks have plenty of alcohol in them too.

Stayed October 2014, traveled with friends
Dear Richard,

I would like to thank you for sharing your experience with us.

Hope to see you once again and enjoy all include facilities.

Best regards,

New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 6 days ago NEW

My recent, first-time trip to the Dominican Republic–where I stayed at the Grand Bahia Principe Punta Cana Hotels & Resorts–only got better when I upgraded my stay to the Luxury Bahia Principe Esmeralda Don Pablo Collection. The Esmeralda is one of the five hotels that are a part of the 3,100 room resort.

The Hotel Esmeralda falls under the Privilege Club at Bahia Principe, which offers its guests a few more luxury amenities than the other hotels at the Bahia Principe, including access to all five hotels during your stay. If you spend a few extra dollars to become a member of the Bahia Principe Privilege Club, you automatically get the perks when booking your airfare (a few hundred dollars less), once you land (ground transportation included), and at the hotel.

One of my favorite perks was being able to walk to the beach. My room was only steps away, as you can see. After a tasty breakfast in the morning, I headed down to the beach and snorkeled for a while. How do you like the view?

Of course, food and drinks are included at the beach and pool. The room minibar is refilled daily and the lobby had a bar cappuccino with desserts for the taking. If you are like me and are not ready to completely unplug, there is Internet service with one hour of free Wi-Fi daily in the lobby of the hotel.

If I wanted to be ambitious on this vacation and not just lie around, I had a couple of entertaining options including daily stretching on the beach, yoga classes, beach volleyball, a game of bocce, and merengue lessons. Every day had a different activity–all I had to do was look at the printed calendar of events.

At night, I had the option of going to the theater to see a live show. I saw the tribute to Michael Jackson, which was amazing! Other choices included dancing the night away at the disco under tropical skies and singing karaoke at the sports bar. Best of all, they offered special events. I was looking forward to the Friday Caribbean night party, but since I was leaving in the morning, I grabbed a photo with one if the dancers instead.

My Dominican Republic vacation came with all the flavor of an island stay, including the famous water bug that I found in my bathroom one afternoon. After a quick call to the front desk, the maid service arrived, smiled, and promptly removed the creepy creature as I screamed frantically and took pictures. Hey, what can I say? Producers are never on vacation. LOL

The staff at the Bahia Principe–both Esmeralda and Punta Cana–were extraordinary. Since a few of them only spoke un poco English, I had a good time practicing my Spanish. I studied Spanish in high school and Italian in later life, so I sometimes mix my Spanish and Italian, which the guys enjoyed. I would like to say a special thanks to the following staff members: Veronica the guest services assistant manager at the Bahia Principe Punta Cana andRamona who registered me and helped me settle into my room on the first day. Richardo at the “Jazmin” buffet restaurant at hotel Esmeralda and bellhops Danny and Ambiorix for lugging my bags to and from the rooms.

Finally, a special shout out to General Manager Richard Morales, who I met the morning of my last day. Although he’s a busy guy he took time out to pose with and listen to this blogger’s mini review of her short stay in Punta Cana. Thanks to DMMA team member Nay Ayache, you can watch the amazing video of my vacation at the Bahia Principe in the Dominican Republic. Thanks Nay!

Read more on my blog http://www.deborahmitchellmediaassociates.com

• Stayed September 2014, traveled with friends
Viancagraciano, customer service at Luxury Bahia Principe Esmeralda Don Pablo Collection, responded to this review, 3 days ago
Dear Deborah,

Please allow us to reassure that we are extremely proud to know that you were impressed in your first time in my beautiful country with the Luxury Bahia Principe Esmeralda. A post such as yours reflects the commitment and quality of service we have exhibited through the years.

We are very pleased to read that you enjoyed so much your stay and there is nothing to compare with our beautiful Resort. Thank you so much for your praises to the excellent staff, they will be proud of themselves.

You are welcome to contact us for a next visit to any of our hotels that forms our Bahia Principe hotels & Resorts family.

Regards from Punta Cana!

5 of 5 stars Reviewed 6 days ago NEW

This is my second time staying in Bahia Principe and my first time in Esmeralda. The service was excellent. On Oct 8 we went for dinner to Takara Restaurant to celebrate our anniversary and it was awesome the whole staff were excellent they went singing with a cake to the table; it was a blast. We got a cake to the room to celebrate my son first birthday and it was excellent. On Oct 9 we went to Cappriccio to celebrate my Mother in law birthday and we got a cake and we had a excellent night. The room decoration were excellent. I want to give a special thanks to Chef Julio from Jazmin Rest for always helping us with the food for my one year old son. Also the great service that we received from Keidi, Algelis, Juana, Natividad, Joana, Celeste, Diana, and Miret from Jazmin Rest. Also great service from Elin Medina from Privilege Club Car and Yuli Peña from Privilege Lounge. Great service from our butler Meldi, Melvin from Cappriccio Rest, Adonis from Maiko Rest, and Carlos Manuel from Orquidia Rest. Also a great service from Ysabel from Premiere Lobby and Eddy from Mai Tai bar. The only thing that you need to improve is the gym. Thank you for your great service and I hope to back next year.
Sincerely:
Mr. Hernandez

Stayed October 2014, traveled with family
Viancagraciano, customer service at Luxury Bahia Principe Esmeralda Don Pablo Collection, responded to this review, 5 days ago
Dear MR Hernandez,

We are very pleased to read that you enjoyed a really wonderful experience at our hotel, thank you so much for choosing us to celebrate those important events and you were very satisfied with the treatment. We are also proud to hear that you had an excellent stay due to the friendliness of all our staff members, thank you for highlighting all of them.

It’s our sincere hope to welcome you in the near future in any of our Bahia Principe Hotels & Resorts to continue demonstrating you our commitment to excellence.

See you next year, :)

Warmest regards,

Saint John, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 6 days ago NEW

My second time at the Bahia Principe but first time at the Esmeralda. We were there for a week in the middle of March and the weather was perfect every day. The resort was beautiful and clean. We had two adjoining rooms on the ground floor and they were beautiful. Pools were perfect especially early in the day when they are less crowded. It's great for kids with a big kiddie/pool park. Beach is gorgeous and the water was clean and perfect everyday. Loved the food at the buffets, especially breakfast. The supper at the steakhouse was everyone's favourite and the other 5 restaurants we had supper at were very nice as well. The staff were friendly and helpful. Can't say enough about how much we all (3 kids, 3 adults) loved it & hopefully we will be back again someday soon.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Dear Nancy,

I greatly appreciate that you have chosen for first time our Luxury Bahia Principe. It is an honor to read that we exceeded all your expectations and all the family loved the stay, even the kids.

Your opinion represents a challenge, an opportunity to improve our services, and maintain the magic that makes our dear customers choose for their holiday destination this paradise called Punta Cana.

You are welcome to contact us for a next visit and be able to provide the most outstanding experiences.

Bahia Principe Bavaro Resort

Been to Luxury Bahia Principe Esmeralda Don Pablo Collection? Share your experiences!