“Home Away From Home Part 3” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Luxury Bahia Principe Esmeralda Don Pablo Collection

Save Saved
You added Luxury Bahia Principe Esmeralda Don Pablo Collection to your Saves list
Luxury Bahia Principe Esmeralda Don Pablo Collection
4.0 of 5 Resort (All-Inclusive)   |   Crta. Arena Gorda - Macao, Punta Cana, Dominican Republic   |
Ranked #10 of 100 Hotels in Punta Cana
Kingsville, Canada
“Home Away From Home Part 3”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 16, 2013

I have recently vacationed at Luxury Bahia Principe Esmeralda. This is my sixth time visiting this exquisite hotel. Luxury Esmeralda really stands up to its name. The friendly cheerful staff are dedicated to their work. They go out of their way to embrace you with luxury and comfort. Esmeralda is a family hotel. In the past two years it has grown. The quality of service has grown as well. It is most outstanding.
The butler service is amazing! Ramon Diaz meets guests needs with pleasure. He is the supervising butler and is the person you would want to look for to assist you with your need. Ramon ensures his butler staff is most attentive to the guests. From romantic candles, champagne, bubble baths, and scented pillows, the butler staff offers even more luxuries to make your stay most memorable. I personally experienced such luxury and would like to extend a special thank you to Ramon for assigning your best staff to shower me with luxury every day. Their smiles, friendliness, and desire to work reflect your excellent standards. Your butler service is professional and certainly exceeds a five star rating. Thank you so much. All is greatly appreciated.
Milfi and Victor ,thank you for the daily deliveries of scented pillows. It was a pleasure to have fresh scents each day. A grand thank you to Marihilenny and Dhaira for spending your valuable time each day getting me prepared for evening dinners. Your love and laughter is greatly appreciated. You left me with lasting memories. Thanks!
The porter and bell service is also available to guests. Nicanor is always happy and anxious to assist with luggage delivery as well as organize trolley service for guests to meet their dining reservations. Thank you Nicanor for your smiles, friendship and spectacular porter service. You were always sure to have me where I needed to be on time.
The Bahia Principe has five hotels within its complex. It is quite a large resort. Guests may walk throughout it but it will consume time. Trolley service is offered day and night to get around quicker.
There are many a la carte restaurants for your dining pleasure throughout the entire complex. A live stage theatre hosts different shows each night for all ages. Great entertainment! A disco and karaoke are open later in the evening as well. Quaint boutique shops are open day and evenings for shopping pleasure.
Each hotel has its own variety of entertainment. Esmeralda offers piano music, a vocalist singer, a saxophone player, and a D.J. night hosting merengue and bachata music. Staff dance instructors are available to teach guests the dance steps. Loads of fun for all ages. A white beach party has been added to the entertainment schedule. Guests attending wear all white to this party. No cost involved. Guarantee fun music and dance on the beach. The stretch of white sand and soothing salt ocean water is a pleasure to behold. There are various water sports offered to enjoy in the water and events on the beach. Beach volleyball is a favourite.
Esmeralda has two fresh water pools and events are scheduled in the afternoons for all ages. Always lots going on and fun. An outstanding luxury offered by the staff is drinks and fruits served to guests by the poolside and at the beach at various times in the day.
If you need a full relaxation experience Esmeralda has its own Bahia spa. The professional massage therapists really treat you to an excellent massage. The hot stone massage is fantastic. The couples Jacuzzi and full body massage is great too. Very romantic.
There are three buffets in Esmeralda so line ups are not an issue. Jazmin is indoors and serves three meals every day. Los Geranios is combined indoor with two outdoor patios and serves three meals a day. Arrecife is an outdoor patio at the beach and serves lunch all afternoon. The food at any of these buffets is fantastic. There is a wide variety to choose from as well. All the food is carefully prepared and cooked to perfection. Each night is a different theme at the buffets so guests get a taste of many cuisines from different countries. The most popular is seafood gala night. Reservations have to be made due to its popularity. The dining experience in the buffets is fun. The staff are always sharing laughter with guests and really cater to children. Thank you to Algelis, Nicolas, Christian, Jorge, and Luis for your special attention, laughs ,friendliness, and excellent outstanding service. I always looked forward to entering Jazmin and seeing your bright smiles. You made my dining memorable. Thanks!
Two a la carte restaurants are located in Esmeralda. Bella Italia hosts Italian cuisine and Takara hosts Asian cuisine. Both are fine dining experiences and service is exceptional. Reservations are required for a la carte dining. The guest service desk is located in the lobby beside the lobby desk. After you check in you need to book your dining as soon as possible as there are many guests to accommodate.
The management and staff of Luxury Esmeralda are achieving their goal. They excel on ensuring guests are welcome, relaxed, pampered, and enjoying their vacation destination.
Thank you to management and staff of Luxury Esmeralda. You made my vacation once again one to remember. I am anxiously awaiting my return to Home away from Home.
Sincerely Christine Anderson

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Customer Servic... B, Customer Service at Luxury Bahia Principe Esmeralda Don Pablo Collection, responded to this review, December 17, 2013
Dear Christine,

Please allow us to reassure that we are extremely proud to read that you keep us loyalty. We do not know how to thank you for this kind of comments. It is wonderful to know that everything is as expected.

For all our team staff it is outstanding to know that in our Luxury Bahia Principe Esmeralda Don Pablo Collection you feel like in home away from home and have had the best experience ever. At Bahia Principe Hotels & Resorts our main goal strives in providing memorable experiences to our distinguish and repeater guests.

We feel proud to hear that you are coming again for 7th time at Bahia Principe Hotels & Resorts, your best hotel in Punta Cana.

Warm greetings,

Bahia Principe Bavaro Resort

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (784)
  • Polish first
Jersey City, New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 16, 2013

Stayed at this hotel 12/6 - 12/13. Weather was great the entire time, although a couple of days the waves were very strong. There are a TON of Europeans there (Russians, Italians, Germans, French) so if you are coming from the States be prepared to be the minority. :) It's not a big deal, though.

The things that this hotel has going for it: pretty good food at the buffets, great beach, great beach snack bar which is really a full blown buffet, spacious and clean rooms, beautiful grounds, lots of areas to choose from since you have access to all 4 Gran Bahia properties, great mixed drinks and some areas of the hotel (i.e. lobby) have premium alcohol all included. Our air conditioner worked great and our housekeeping lady was awesome, creating towel art for us every day and leaving chocolates for us in the evening. Fridge was restocked daily. We tipped daily so that may have helped.

Things that aren't so great: the rooms don't have any noise insulation whatsoever. You will hear every word your neighbors say and all of the furniture moving. Starting 7am housekeeping starts cleaning rooms and yelling to each other so you will NOT get a good night's rest if you like to sleep in a little. In addition, the beds are hard as a rock and pillows are awful.

I recommend emailing the resort a week before you go to make restaurant reservations. Once you get there just pick up your confirmation tickets at guest services so you don't have to worry about it during your stay. Favorites were Bella Italia, Maiko, Le Gourmet. Didn't like Garden Grill, Don Pablo Gourmet.

Overall not a bad value at Esmeralda. Don't expect 5 star royal treatment, but definitely worth a visit.

Room Tip: Buildings 90, 91, and 92 are the best to stay in. 90 and 91 are closest to the beach while 92 is sti...
Dear Tatyana,

For all our Luxury Bahia Principe Esmeralda is delightful to know that you had a great time with us, thanks to our good food, beautiful grounds and spacious and clean rooms.

We would like to cater you once again and continue demonstrating our commitment and quality of service we have exhibited through the years.

Best regards,

Ottawa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 16, 2013

We visited this resort in April 2013 for our friends wedding and decided on the resort for our own wedding. So we arrived on November 30 th 2013 with a group of 29 of our closest friends and family.

Upon arrival, the check in was not very smooth. I had written multiple emails to guest service regarding requests for our room to which they replied to. But during check in the room we requested was not what we got and they didnt have any record of my requests. Luckily I had the emails printed to show them their error. Also the lady at guest service for the a la carte restaurant had screwed up all my reservation with my mother because we had the same last name. To make it worse she was laughing in our face, being rude and didnt seem to want to fix any of the mix up. I stormed off and my husband went in to fix things. Maybe because he's a male she fixed everything for him.

Luckily at this point, one of the Esmeralda manager Ada stepped in and helped us fix all our issues and even had a few meetings with the big Bahia Principe manager and they compensated us for all their mistakes and rudeness from that one employee! Ada thank you so much!

For the resort itself it is absolutely amazing. The grounds are very well kept. The pool is very nice and warm. The beach well kept and clean. Plenty of lounge chairs for everybody!

The food at the Jazmin buffet was very good! Plenty of choice and warm. The A la carte were also excellent. I recommend the Don Pablo, garden grill, Takara, Bella Italia and Maiko!!! All excellent food and service.

Our wedding day was absolutely beautiful! Everything was planned in advance by email with Minel our wedding planner. She did a fantastic job! The only thing I would say to future brides, bring a picture of exactly what you want in your hair and have a trial!!! I had lots of trouble with the hairdresser the night of the trial. We didnt seem to understand each other. Maybe a language barrier.

Our dinner reception was at the Bella Italia and it was amazing!!! Service was top notch and everybody really enjoyed the food! It was a semi private reception but we had plenty of privacy and the set up of the tables was perfect!

It was a very nice vacation even though we had trouble at the beginning, they made it up to us and it was truly appreciated!

Might revisit this winter!!!

Stayed December 2013
Dear Customer,

Please allow us to reassure that we are extremely proud to know that we could fulfill your expectations during your amazing Wedding.
Thank you for praising your wedding coordinator, Minel, who did a fantastic job.

We apologize for any inconvenience you may have experienced at the beginning of your vacation. Please rest assured that we have taken your observations into great consideration.

Thank you for your comments and looking forward to welcoming you once again, next time for your wedding anniversary.

Bahia Principe Hotels & Resorts, a dream wedding in the Caribbean.

Chicago
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 15, 2013

My husband and I just returned from a wonderful vacation in Punta Cana. The hotel is quite large (5 hotels on the same property.) The staff were very friendly. The food was overall very good - make reservations as soon as you get there or before you arrive. You can not beat the pool and the beach. The sand is soft and clean, beautiful beach water. Mostly the clientele of this hotel is from Canada and English spoken 3rd in line to Spanish and French. There are quite a few children here, so stay at the Ambar if you want a little more peace and quiet. Nothing too complain about here - a great vacation!!

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Customer Servic... B, Customer Service at Luxury Bahia Principe Esmeralda Don Pablo Collection, responded to this review, December 16, 2013
Dear Customer,

It is a pleasure to our Luxury Bahia Principe Esmeralda family knowing that we have provided you a great vacation, thank you for mentioning our very good food and beautiful beach water.

We would like to welcoming you next time at Dominican Republic and continue providing the greatest experiences.

Warm Greetings,

Kelowna, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 15, 2013

My wife, 4 years old son and I just got back from grand Bahia emerald in Punta Cana and we have lots to say after this shocking visit for 5 star resort as they call it and here are our feedback:
• Our check in was very short and no info about the resort and its facilities and where everything as usually do in any resort or hotel not even a welcoming drink like all resorts we visited before in different countries.
• Our room was good for the 3 of us but the mini bar was not stocked and didn’t change this way till we left. Room cleaning was ok but not the standard it should for 5 star resort as the garbage was not empty not enough towels and was no face cloth most of our stay it looks like the hotel was short on them. They provide turn down service which it supposed to be turn the bed down, change garbage and touch-up washroom but all what happened put 2 or 3 candies on the table and all done.
• The resort is huge that means if you want to do something like going to mini golf or water park you will be walking at least 15 min or using their train which you have to wait for at least 10-15 min and sometimes comes full with people
• Esmeralda has 2 pools but good luck to find empty chair because there are not enough of them the people but close or towel on them all the day to make sure have one. If have beach towels and need to change them you do so only in Esmeralda’s pool but not on the others and you have to carry towels all the way to water park because they will not give you one unless you pay $20 for it.
• Guest services and front office are a joke as I never heard of my entire life and I work in hospitality business you ask then a question for a service and say I don’t know or what but what I know you should say I will find out for you or find someone who knows the answer. When you go to front office they direct you guest service and they send you to front office. They have 2 people in front office and same in guest services and one of them on the phone or computer and there are lots of guest waiting around to ask a question or need a service, it’s very bad service for 2 star hotel not 5 star.
• F&B in buffet restaurant are great food and service if you tip but the a la carte restaurant are very bad we have tried 4 of them (garden grill, El Pescador , le gourmet, and belle Italian) they rushing since you enter till you leave and it looks like they have short time for every table and food was not good either maybe the only one was ok is Le gourmet.
• Kids club was a big disappointment as it is very small and has some TV’s and games and girl working there was sitting watching TV and texting on her cell phone and this did not encourage us to leave our son there for a minute.
• Around the resort kept very clean and tidy and always working every day to keep it better.
Sorry about the long review but I have tried to put my feedback for guests and resort if they want to improve.As I mentioned I work in hotels for over 20 years and I know what I am talking about.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Dear Noah,

We thank you for taking the time of sharing your opinion with others on TripAdvisor which we will take in the highest consideration. It is through communications of this nature that our customers give us an opportunity to assess and evaluate our performance. We regret not having been able to achieve our main objective with you, which is our guests´ entire satisfaction.

Thank you for your comments and we would like to have another opportunity with you in any of our Resorts.

Kindest regards,

Washington DC, District of Columbia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 15, 2013

This property is amazing and kept up very well. I was shocked that the room we stayed in was exactly as advertised. The staff was very friendly, butler service was great, and I loved the food (with the exception of the Asian restaurant Takara). The Grand Bahia consists of 8 hotels and guests are able to enjoy the pools, workout facilities and restaurants at each location. Le Gourmet (French) restaurant was my favorite...if you have the opportunity make a reservation for your last night...you will not be disappointed. There is truly something to fit every need here. Since we traveled during the winter months, the surf on the beach was a little rough, but still enjoyable.

There were a few areas of concern. First steer clear of the Privelege Club briefings. The man who briefed us was totally rude and agressive. Unless you vacation 2-3 times a year, the value is not there. Also, when I tried to use the jacuzzi tub, it emitted a foul odor. Although maintenence was unable to fix it, housekeeping did a great job cleaning the tub and airing out our room. Overall, this was a really great vacation.

Room Tip: A small monetary tip goes a long way in the DR. Our servers greatly appreciated a $1-5 tip at the bu...
Dear Guest,

We appreciate that you take the time to send us your comments regarding your experience during your best vacation ever. All feedback from our guests is valued and be assured that we will never cease our efforts to comply with our guest’s needs and expectations.

We would like to cater you once again in Bahia Principe Hotels & Resorts, your best hotel in Punta Cana.

Best Wishes,

Birmingham, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 15, 2013

Amazing staff, amazing food, amazing beach, amazing rooms, amazing grounds,amazing people so in other words the whole experience was amazing :):) if people want proper 5 star treatment you defo need to book this hotel as you will not be disappointed. We are a young couple and we made so many new friends from all over the world. We shall be seeing you again in the future Esmeralda.

Room Tip: Few dollar tip gets you places
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear William,

It is a pleasure for all of us to hear that we were able to fulfill your expectations and we did everything amazing for you. Posts such as yours delight us and gives us confidence to keep working hard to satisfy our customers and improve our service.

All-inclusive luxury hotels on the Dominican Republic with Bahia Principe Hotels & Resorts.

Regards from Punta Cana,

Bahia Principe Bavaro Resort

Been to Luxury Bahia Principe Esmeralda Don Pablo Collection? Share your experiences!