“Fantastic hotel” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Luxury Bahia Principe Esmeralda Don Pablo Collection

Save Saved
You added Luxury Bahia Principe Esmeralda Don Pablo Collection to your Saves list
Luxury Bahia Principe Esmeralda Don Pablo Collection
4.0 of 5 Resort (All-Inclusive)   |   Crta. Arena Gorda - Macao, Punta Cana, Dominican Republic   |
Ranked #10 of 100 Hotels in Punta Cana
London, United Kingdom
“Fantastic hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2013

Please makesure you visit this hotel if travelling to the dominican republic, it is everything you could want in a hotel and more. I travelled on crutches so as you could imagine was difficult getting around and was anxious as to wether the experience would be tarnished as a result. This was not the case, everyone was extremely pleasant always happy and made you feel welcome. The food is nice, restaurants are all to cater to different tastes so you will not be disappointed. In particular if visiting this hotel please see a butler by the name of "VICTOR" he is absolutely amazing and was really helpful to me throughout my trip. Any assistants needed whilst out here he is your man. All in all it is a very pleasant experience and i rate it a 5star excellence.

Room Tip: Be sure to select the best room that they provide, balcony view on suite jacuzzi and shower with a f...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Customer Servic... B, Customer Service at Luxury Bahia Principe Esmeralda Don Pablo Collection, responded to this review, July 8, 2013
Dear Mark,

For all our team working is grateful to read that our services exceeded your expectations. Moreover, it is wonderful to hear that you had a very pleasant experience. No doubt that our team will be motivated by your generous compliments.

Bahia Principe Hotels & Resorts, a 5 star experience in Punta Cana.

Always at your disposal,

Bahia Principe Bavaro Resort

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (784)
  • Polish first
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2013 via mobile

I just got back today and I already miss it. My family and I had a blast! Definitely tops any other vacation. Service was great, People were extremely friendly and welcoming and everything was so clean! I am definitely planning on going back. We went on a great excursion, outback Safari, I suggest it! Benjamin, Rafael and José made every meal so enjoyable. Thanks for such a great trip!

• Stayed July 2013
Customer Servic... B, Customer Service at Luxury Bahia Principe Esmeralda Don Pablo Collection, responded to this review, July 10, 2013
Dear Guest,

It is wonderful to know that you enjoyed an amazing getaway and it is a pleasure to read that you acknowledge the friendliness and warm hospitality of our team.

Rest assured that we are already looking forward to have you with us again.

Bahia Principe Hotels & Resorts, a 5 star experience in the Dominican Republic.

Kind greetings,

Ontario, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2013

We travelled to the Esmeralda from June 28 to July 5. Had a wonderful time and it was beautiful. Our arrival in Dominican was so easy and stress free. Luggage was so fast to arrive, bus trip easy. Arrived at the main Gran Bahia and was transported to the Esmeralda. I am so happy that we booked there. We arrived, checked in (no hassles at all), and were walked to our room by our butler Jinette. She took time to show us everything and ensure all our questions were answered. Throughout the week, she would leave us some surprises in our room. We never had to contact her as everything was pretty perfect throughout the week. The beach and pool areas were busy but we found it easy to find chairs no problem. Yes, people save chairs but we could always find one and the guys working the beach were always willing to help. We never rushed in the morning, found the perfect spot and relaxed all day. The Esmeralda side is quiet. We went over the main pool only once and were so happy that we picked the Esmeralda as the main area was so full and busy, pool packed full of lots of people drinking like crazy. We did venture over to the main resort in the evenings to watch the entertainment--it was packed. The entertainment was fine--nothing spectacular.
The food was good. The service is amazing especially at the Geronimo restaurant with special thanks to Kedy (spelling??) and Leonardo (who also served us at the Italian). They were both so amazing and remembered exactly what you drank. Kedy serves the outside area at the Geronimo and we always made a point of sitting where he would serve us.
We tipped generously throughout the week but I think the service would be the same regardless. They have done a great job with the Esmeralda--separating it from the main resort where the service isn't as good and it is just packed.
My only complaint is that the whole bahia principe is huge. We walked it and took the cart. The size may be hard for some but we found that we stuck around the Esmeralda. Would highly recommend the Esmeralda to anyone. I read Tripadvisor so much before we left and based this vacation solely on what I read and it was not wrong. Thanks!

Room Tip: We were in Villa 95--close to the Esmeralda pool. I'm sure there are better locations but we had...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Customer Servic... B, Customer Service at Luxury Bahia Principe Esmeralda Don Pablo Collection, responded to this review, July 11, 2013
Dear Guest,

For all the Luxury Bahia Principe Esmeralda Don Pablo Collection team is a pleasure to know that we have provided you such a wonderful stay. We are very pleased to read that you enjoyed your holidays thanks to the good service from our employees.

Looking forward to seeing you next year at Punta Cana!

Customer Service
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2013

What can I say? I was there with my wife and two little boys. We had a great time. Place is very nice and clean. We stayed at 90 and room 90214. It was very close to ocean. Food was good. We did not like BBQ place that much. We have been to Atlantis and Cancun but this place is much better. I have to give this place 5 stars. We are very happy that we choose Esmeralda.

Room Tip: I was at Building 90 and room 214. anyone is good.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Dear Harun,

It is an honor to read that you were happy for choosing our Luxury Bahia Principe Esmeralda Don Pablo Collection for your first trip to the Dominican Republic. Feedbacks such as yours motivates us to continue striving towards excellence.

Looking forward to cater you in the near future!

Family holidays with Bahia Principe Hotels & Resorts.

Kind greetings,

5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2013

Just returned last week from a group wedding and have to say, my first trip was memorable at the Esmeralda. The place is so BIG!!! Great for kids and adults alike. Many thanks to the fantasic butler services provided by Milfi and Victor. They were super friendly made a special effort to take care of my husband and I. Can't forget also Manolo at the bar and the countless staff (the gardeners, kitchen staff, guest services -José) who work really hard daily and made our trip enjoyable. If we ever go back to DR, we would definitely stay at the Esmeralda!

Dear Guest,

Rest assured that your wonderful comments will be forward to the people you mentioned. They will be excited to hear that they provided you an unforgettable experience. This is what is allowing us to make a difference in each guest experience.

We would be absolutely delighted to have the opportunity to welcome you back.

Bahia Principe Hotels & Resorts, your best hotel in Punta Cana.

Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2013 via mobile

WOW!!! What a fantastic stay at Esmeralda. My husband and I stayed here June 21-28 and have nothing but wonderful things to say about this place. Everything and I mean EVERYTHING is absolutely TOP SHELF from customer service to chamber maids. Special thanks to Juan at the snack bar at the beach who was sooo attentive and always made sure we were looked after, Manolo at the pool bar who always greeted us with a smile and always had delicious drinks to recommend, Alexandra, Jinette our Butler who always made sure we were comfortable with plenty of pillows and had a bath waiting for us to enjoy. Truly a spectacular experience at Esmeralda would recommend this place to anyone and everyone. Be sure to tip the gardeners as they work so hard to keep the grounds emaculate and of coarse the servers and maids who also work just as hard to please.
Enjoy your unforgettable stay at this gorgeous resort. GOOD TIMES are awaiting you!!!!

A special thank you to the wonderful friends we made during
our stay from all parts of the world Sean, Lorraine, Mark, Abbie, Ola and her wonderful family

Happy travels and many more returns.
Jennifer & Hanoi Lopez

Dear Jennifer & Hanoi,

We do not know how to thank you for this kind of comments. On the name of our staff members we thank you for these marvelous comments, which inspires us to continue providing top shelf service to create outstanding experiences to our clients.

Thank you for recommending us.

All-inclusive luxury hotels in Punta Cana with Bahia Principe Hotels & Resorts.

Hull. UK
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2013 via mobile

Had to leave this review a while,fist of all I would like to say that the hotel was beautiful, our room,the garden's,pool's and beach were amazing.We arrived on the 10/06/13 about 16:00hrs and were told to wait in the lobby area to collect our room keys and bands which was unusual cause we have always collected at reception but anyway it was quick and easy,the bell boy collected our luggage and brought it to our room in a matter of minutes.The room was spacious with lots of clothes hangers and space,the balcony was overlooking the walkways which was ok very quite.The food was lovely lots of variety which I don't thing anybody could go hungry.The bar service and waitress service was something else,I've never been to a hotel where the service has been so Bad! Let me start by saying while we were there the waitress's were not bothered about serving you they would just walk round with there tray,one evening we waited 20 minutes for a drink and the bar area was not full if we stopped and asked them for a drink they would look at you as if you where asking for a million pound,the barman which I think was called hector,I asked him for a kir royal and a beer,he continued to serve other people before me and then I had to tell him 4 times my order I was on the verge of giving up.On another evening 2 of the waitresses were having an argument in front of us while we were trying to place an order,we eventually place the order,when she brought them the lemon daquari was like Lemon juice which it should of been like a slushy drink awful,we decided there and then that we would go to the punta Cana and the Amber for our drinks the atmosphere and the staff were brilliant,they looked like they were enjoying there job and we had a giggle with them totally different atmosphere compared to the esmeralda.We didnt see any managers around so I couldn't approach them.One nite all the electric's went off it was in the middle of the nite,it was off for not long but when it did come back on it blew lots of flying ants out the air con,when I woke up I was flabbergasted to see how many ant where in the room good job I didn't see them on the nite,I took photos and went to reception and showed them straight away she said fumigation phew I was so pleased she understood,we went on our way and late when we went to our room I thought the maid just swept them up so again I went to reception and the guy said he would send somebody but we had to stay out of our room for a few hours so we did and I think things got sorted cause the floors were quite greasy.
Would I return to the esmeralda No only because of the bar and waitress service,Ibelieve you pay for what you get and for the price we paid for the holiday I don't think we got the service we deserved.Overall it didn't spoil our holiday,only cause we didnt let it.A message to the management staff,I think some of your waitresses and bar staff should get more training in customer service,they do t seem to have this problem at the punta Cana and Amber hotel's

• Stayed June 2013
Customer Servic... B, Customer Service at Luxury Bahia Principe Esmeralda Don Pablo Collection, responded to this review, July 5, 2013
Dear Guest,

We sincerely regret any inconvenience you may have experienced during your first trip to the Dominican Republic. We assure you that all your comments have been forwarded to our General Manager to analyze the points you mentioned.

We hope you will be willing to give us the opportunity to welcome you once again to experience the hospitality of our people, the quality of our services and facilities.

Bahia Principe Hotels & Resorts, all-inclusive hotels in the Dominican Republic.

Bahia Principe Bavaro Resort

Been to Luxury Bahia Principe Esmeralda Don Pablo Collection? Share your experiences!