“First time in Dominican” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Luxury Bahia Principe Esmeralda Don Pablo Collection

Save Saved
You added Luxury Bahia Principe Esmeralda Don Pablo Collection to your Saves list
Luxury Bahia Principe Esmeralda Don Pablo Collection
4.0 of 5 Resort (All-Inclusive)   |   Crta. Arena Gorda - Macao, Punta Cana, Dominican Republic   |
Ranked #10 of 101 hotels in Punta Cana
New York City, New York
“First time in Dominican”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2013

What can I say? I was there with my wife and two little boys. We had a great time. Place is very nice and clean. We stayed at 90 and room 90214. It was very close to ocean. Food was good. We did not like BBQ place that much. We have been to Atlantis and Cancun but this place is much better. I have to give this place 5 stars. We are very happy that we choose Esmeralda.

Room Tip: I was at Building 90 and room 214. anyone is good.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Customer Servic... B, Customer Service at Luxury Bahia Principe Esmeralda Don Pablo Collection, responded to this review, July 8, 2013
Dear Harun,

It is an honor to read that you were happy for choosing our Luxury Bahia Principe Esmeralda Don Pablo Collection for your first trip to the Dominican Republic. Feedbacks such as yours motivates us to continue striving towards excellence.

Looking forward to cater you in the near future!

Family holidays with Bahia Principe Hotels & Resorts.

Kind greetings,

2,738 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (655)
  • Polish first
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2013

Just returned last week from a group wedding and have to say, my first trip was memorable at the Esmeralda. The place is so BIG!!! Great for kids and adults alike. Many thanks to the fantasic butler services provided by Milfi and Victor. They were super friendly made a special effort to take care of my husband and I. Can't forget also Manolo at the bar and the countless staff (the gardeners, kitchen staff, guest services -José) who work really hard daily and made our trip enjoyable. If we ever go back to DR, we would definitely stay at the Esmeralda!

Dear Guest,

Rest assured that your wonderful comments will be forward to the people you mentioned. They will be excited to hear that they provided you an unforgettable experience. This is what is allowing us to make a difference in each guest experience.

We would be absolutely delighted to have the opportunity to welcome you back.

Bahia Principe Hotels & Resorts, your best hotel in Punta Cana.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2013 via mobile

WOW!!! What a fantastic stay at Esmeralda. My husband and I stayed here June 21-28 and have nothing but wonderful things to say about this place. Everything and I mean EVERYTHING is absolutely TOP SHELF from customer service to chamber maids. Special thanks to Juan at the snack bar at the beach who was sooo attentive and always made sure we were looked after, Manolo at the pool bar who always greeted us with a smile and always had delicious drinks to recommend, Alexandra, Jinette our Butler who always made sure we were comfortable with plenty of pillows and had a bath waiting for us to enjoy. Truly a spectacular experience at Esmeralda would recommend this place to anyone and everyone. Be sure to tip the gardeners as they work so hard to keep the grounds emaculate and of coarse the servers and maids who also work just as hard to please.
Enjoy your unforgettable stay at this gorgeous resort. GOOD TIMES are awaiting you!!!!

A special thank you to the wonderful friends we made during
our stay from all parts of the world Sean, Lorraine, Mark, Abbie, Ola and her wonderful family

Happy travels and many more returns.
Jennifer & Hanoi Lopez

• Stayed June 2013
Customer Servic... B, Customer Service at Luxury Bahia Principe Esmeralda Don Pablo Collection, responded to this review, July 10, 2013
Dear Jennifer & Hanoi,

We do not know how to thank you for this kind of comments. On the name of our staff members we thank you for these marvelous comments, which inspires us to continue providing top shelf service to create outstanding experiences to our clients.

Thank you for recommending us.

All-inclusive luxury hotels in Punta Cana with Bahia Principe Hotels & Resorts.

Hull. UK
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2013 via mobile

Had to leave this review a while,fist of all I would like to say that the hotel was beautiful, our room,the garden's,pool's and beach were amazing.We arrived on the 10/06/13 about 16:00hrs and were told to wait in the lobby area to collect our room keys and bands which was unusual cause we have always collected at reception but anyway it was quick and easy,the bell boy collected our luggage and brought it to our room in a matter of minutes.The room was spacious with lots of clothes hangers and space,the balcony was overlooking the walkways which was ok very quite.The food was lovely lots of variety which I don't thing anybody could go hungry.The bar service and waitress service was something else,I've never been to a hotel where the service has been so Bad! Let me start by saying while we were there the waitress's were not bothered about serving you they would just walk round with there tray,one evening we waited 20 minutes for a drink and the bar area was not full if we stopped and asked them for a drink they would look at you as if you where asking for a million pound,the barman which I think was called hector,I asked him for a kir royal and a beer,he continued to serve other people before me and then I had to tell him 4 times my order I was on the verge of giving up.On another evening 2 of the waitresses were having an argument in front of us while we were trying to place an order,we eventually place the order,when she brought them the lemon daquari was like Lemon juice which it should of been like a slushy drink awful,we decided there and then that we would go to the punta Cana and the Amber for our drinks the atmosphere and the staff were brilliant,they looked like they were enjoying there job and we had a giggle with them totally different atmosphere compared to the esmeralda.We didnt see any managers around so I couldn't approach them.One nite all the electric's went off it was in the middle of the nite,it was off for not long but when it did come back on it blew lots of flying ants out the air con,when I woke up I was flabbergasted to see how many ant where in the room good job I didn't see them on the nite,I took photos and went to reception and showed them straight away she said fumigation phew I was so pleased she understood,we went on our way and late when we went to our room I thought the maid just swept them up so again I went to reception and the guy said he would send somebody but we had to stay out of our room for a few hours so we did and I think things got sorted cause the floors were quite greasy.
Would I return to the esmeralda No only because of the bar and waitress service,Ibelieve you pay for what you get and for the price we paid for the holiday I don't think we got the service we deserved.Overall it didn't spoil our holiday,only cause we didnt let it.A message to the management staff,I think some of your waitresses and bar staff should get more training in customer service,they do t seem to have this problem at the punta Cana and Amber hotel's

• Stayed June 2013
Customer Servic... B, Customer Service at Luxury Bahia Principe Esmeralda Don Pablo Collection, responded to this review, July 5, 2013
Dear Guest,

We sincerely regret any inconvenience you may have experienced during your first trip to the Dominican Republic. We assure you that all your comments have been forwarded to our General Manager to analyze the points you mentioned.

We hope you will be willing to give us the opportunity to welcome you once again to experience the hospitality of our people, the quality of our services and facilities.

Bahia Principe Hotels & Resorts, all-inclusive hotels in the Dominican Republic.

Bristol, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2013

We chose the Gran bahia Esmeralda due tot he amazing reviews on trip advisor
and also the lack of bad reviews compared to other resorts and omg this is as luxurious as it is sold as.
So much so I have decided to place a review half way through a 2 week holiday.
Where do i start...well from the minute we arrived at the resort, we were made to feel at home and
very welcome...the check in was painless and very efficient, and after a couple of minutes we
were shown to our room 94213 by a bellboy who carried our cases for us...
something we do not see in other resorts we have been to.When we arrived in our room the room looked
lovely and with the bonus of a jacuzzi :). The only negative was the balccony door did
not lock, but a quick telephone call to guest services and this was sorted out. then from here
the holiday got better. My advice any issues you have speak to Jose or one of his staff, from guest services,
who when I raised any issues he strived to sort them out immediately. to ensure you have a happy stay.
I have to say a very big thank you to Victor from the esmeralda, he was really polite and friendly, spoke English well
and made one night for me and my girlfriend very special by preparing the jacuzzi with petals
leading to the bath, candles and a ice bucket with CAVA, which was excellent and made my partner very happy he is a credit to the resort and the company and deserves a pay rise lol.
the a la carte restaurants are all amazing, the best restaurant so far on the resort has to be the
Don Pablo at the Ambar.
The food, atmosphere and service is amazing.we went there after a couple of days at the resort and after
that wished we had booked every day in there and the fillet mignon is absolutely divine. the service was just
brilliant, the staff there are very attentive and are a credit to the resort from being shown to our table
by the forever smiley and happy francelina, when seated we were greeted by felix who introduced himself as
our server for the evening which made the service feel very personal...he was excellent always attentive
and topping our drinks up throughout the meal, and Rafael who again was very attentive and polite and made us feel
like we were in a top London restaurant paying £100 per head.All of the staff at the Don Pablo were brilliant and
the chefs also must be amazing and highly skilled as the quality and presentation was out of this world.
due to our amazing meal we decided to change our reservations straight away to add 2 more visits to Don Pablo
as we feel this is the best place to be. We also recommended the restaurant to everyone we met during the first week
and everyone who followed out recommendation were also amazed by the quality.
The seafood buffet on gala night was also very good too and not too be missed the lobster is very good.
The Garden Grill is also very nice but the only negative is the buffet starters and deserts (i am not a fan of buffets at all but the food was still amazing and a huge range to choose from)
but if you do not like any blood in your steak ask for very well done. The beach is amazing with turqouise blue water and white sand it is like heaven
The lobby bar at esmeralda is also a very good place to start the evening where all of the staff are brilliant and attentive...Manalo, Maximo and
Nester are all very friendly and always smiling and happy again these guys are a credit to the resort they are here long hours but always have a smile
and a drink waiting as soon as they see us and make amazing cocktails. The best advice I can give anyone who is not sure which part of the resort to book...
Book the Esmeralda, the extra services you receive are definitely worth the extra money over the bavaro and punta cana
at the esmeralda the safe is included, room service is included and the best extra is the fact that esmeralda guests get unlimited ala carte reservations and
the branded drinks are a nice touch as the bavaro charge for brands like baileys etc. All in all an amazing holiday so far and still a week to go before flying back to the UK.
One thing fore sure we will come back next year in a heart beat, and only to the esmeralda. I will write a more detailed review when I return to the UK but this review sums up our first week and we dread 12 noon on the 9th of July when we return to the doom and gloom of the UK!!!
Thank you Gran Bahia Principe for our week in paradise

Room Tip: email Jose at Guest Services to arrange your alacartes and room booking a couple of weeks before you...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Customer Servic... B, Customer Service at Luxury Bahia Principe Esmeralda Don Pablo Collection, responded to this review, July 4, 2013
Dear Jamie,

We greatly appreciate your praises towards our team working. They are enchanted with such marvelous comments.

We wish to continue providing the best of our personnel hospitality, the quality of our services and facilities, and offer you an unforgettable experience at the Dominican Republic.

Bahia Principe Hotels & Resorts, your best hotel in Punta Cana.

Warm greetings,

New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2013

You just have to go and see for yourself. The fact that Grand Bahia principe has 4 hotels connecting with each other is great. It feels like a small town with all kind of activities. This place is great for kids, couples, families, girls trip, boys trip.The food was exceptional, I haven't had so much fishes and fruits and vegetables in so long, even the juices. I am definitely going back. The service is good and the rooms are big super clean. The live shows are entertaining too!

3 things:
The internet only works in the main lobby
The main language is spanish so learn the basic
The cocktails are little too much on the sweet side.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
Customer Servic... B, Customer Service at Luxury Bahia Principe Esmeralda Don Pablo Collection, responded to this review, July 9, 2013
Dear Guest,

We are very pleased that we were able to meet your expectations. This is what is allowing us to make a difference in each guest experience and motivate us to continue striving towards excellence.

Thank you for your comments and looking forward to cater you soon!

Bahia Principe Hotels & Resorts, your best hotel in Punta Cana

Kind regards,

Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2013

The hotel was clean and the food was good. Only play Spanish music and even the so called disco only plays Spanish music as well… Wears on you after a while if you’re not a big fan of the same kind of music 24/7. Beach is very congested because this place is shared with one of the largest resorts. Snorkeling is a NO go off the beach and our group and a few others got sick… Also got suck over night at the airport but this was not due to the hotel.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Dear Guest,

It is through communications of this nature that our customers give us an opportunity to ensure that we maintain and deliver the level of service expected from us. We feel so sorry to hear that our service has not reached your entire satisfaction.

Thank you for taking the time of sharing your opinion with us which we will take in the highest consideration.

Kindest regards,

Bahia Principe Bavaro Resort

Been to Luxury Bahia Principe Esmeralda Don Pablo Collection? Share your experiences!