Really wish there was a button between "average" and "very good"....As a result of our family visit, there were things we loved about the resort and things that were frustrating. We loved the "open campus" layout with lots of walking amidst beautiful flora and exotic birds. Beach is beautiful (there was a lot of seaweed...maybe that's a time of year issue?) We hated that beach services and pool (small, crowded) shut down so early in the afternoon (beach, 3pm, pool 6p), when it finally got to be cool enough to enjoy.
We loved that the resort was so international, but found that information about the hotel services was extremely limited/non-existing. Probably were lots of nice things we never knew about. Maybe more info is available in other languages? Note: Resort was wildly over-crowded on the weekends...much nicer during the week.
Property is old and there are LOTS of basic things that don't work well in the rooms (lights, plumbing, AC)...request a change if you really hate your initial room, but don't expect the next one to be much better.
To parents with very small children/strollers: there are no elevators anywhere--get a ground floor room.
To snorkelers: We were disappointed in the quality of snorkeling in the whole area, but maybe we picked the wrong trips? Or maybe this area just isn't that great? And there's nothing underwater to see at the hotel beach swimming area.
We found it very aggravating that the promised daily beach/pool towel service was run by a separate trip service and there were NEVER towels available no matter when we tried to request them, but they were always happy to pitch their outings....Very tacky. Just bring your own and be prepared for them to smell bad.
We received constant and aggressive solicitations from various trip operators during our stay and we felt like all the trips (expect $50-$60+US per person for a half day activity) were ALL RIP-OFFS. Good luck. Another note on the trips: Natura Park is apparently at the very end of the routes for these outings and the shuttles (picking up other participants along the way) took between 45 minutes and 1.5 hours each way. :(
Loved all the hotel buffets--especially the emphasis on "local" style cuisine--but don't expect fine cuisine, and the access to the "a la carte" restaurants is strictly limited based on the number of nights you are staying, and they aren't even that good, tho the settings were nice. Fill-in "snack" meal options between buffets were disgusting/inedible and very limited availability.
Our experience with staff ranged from amazingly kind and accommodating to surly/rude/dismissive and everywhere in between. I suspect more adept employees tend to "move up" to nicer resorts?
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to Natura Park Beach Eco Resort & SpaExperience a holiday in complete harmony with nature at our luxury Punta Cana resort, Blau Natura Park. Lush tropical gardens teeming with exotic bird life are interspersed with lagoons and bridges along winding paths which lead to the beach. Our Punta Cana luxury hotel is located on the marvelous Playa Bavaro beach, one of the best in the Caribbean. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., getaroom.com, Despegar.com, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Natura Park Beach - EcoResort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Natura Park Punta Cana
- Natura Park Beach Eco Resort & Spa
- Natura Park Beach Ecoresort Hotel
- Blau Natura Park Punta Cana
- Punta Cana Natura Park Resort
- Natura Park Hotel