The soft white sand and turquiose water are beautiful. I had read other reviews of people complaining about a lot of seaweed. There is seaweed that washes up on the beach but the hotel staff rakes it up and takes it off the beach several times a day.
But BEWARE...This hotel is very run down. I didn't think a dated hotel would bother me because I was going for the beach, but essential things in our room didn't work. For Example; tv, air conditioning, ceiling fan, the exterior door didn't lock. When we asked the front desk to send someone to look at these asap, no one ever came. It wasn't until the next day when my husband demanded action from guest services that anything was addressed. Basically, we spent the first 2 1/2 days of our trip switching rooms and fighting with the hotel staff. We spoke with other guests and everyone was having similiar problems with their rooms or was given a room that was less then they paid for. Basically, the hotel management has dropped the ball big time in keeping it in good working order. The hotel staff is frustrated with all the problems and either say that they can't help you or make false promises.
A positive about the staff here is the bar/dining room and wait staff at the restaurants. Once they got to know us, they were friendly and helpful.
Another frustration is that SOMEONE IS ALWAYS TRYING TO SELL YOU SOMETHING! We expected that on the beach as in any DR resort, but this hotel actually invites the venders into the resort to bug you to buy excursions or buy gifts to bring home. And these people are pushy! It even went as far as the "Cheap Caribbean" rep at the hotel saying that we had to meet him a certain time the day after we arrived to ensure that our transport back to the airport at the end of our vacation was secure (He told us the wrong time BTW.) We dragged ourselves off the beach thinking that it was necessary and he wasted 1/2 hour of our time trying to sell us excursions that were double the price of the ones the beach venders were selling. I expected more from a travel rep.
All in all, I will definitely go back to Dominican Republic, but will not stay at this resort and will most likely not use Cheap Caribbean. A travel agency should have more involvement into the quality of the vacations they offer as well and making sure these hotels are kept up.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to Natura Park Beach Eco Resort & SpaExperience a holiday in complete harmony with nature at our luxury Punta Cana resort, Blau Natura Park. Lush tropical gardens teeming with exotic bird life are interspersed with lagoons and bridges along winding paths which lead to the beach. Our Punta Cana luxury hotel is located on the marvelous Playa Bavaro beach, one of the best in the Caribbean. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Booking.com, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., TripOnline SA, Odigeo, Despegar.com, Hotels.com and Priceline so you can book your Natura Park Beach - EcoResort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Natura Park Punta Cana
- Natura Park Beach Eco Resort & Spa
- Natura Park Beach Ecoresort Hotel
- Blau Natura Park Punta Cana
- Punta Cana Natura Park Resort
- Natura Park Hotel