“Couples can return to Natura Park” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Natura Park Beach - EcoResort & Spa

Save Saved
You added Natura Park Beach - EcoResort & Spa to your Saves list
Natura Park Beach - EcoResort & Spa
3.0 of 5 Resort (All-Inclusive)   |   Cabeza de Toro | Laguna Bavaro, Punta Cana, Dominican Republic   |
Ranked #70 of 101 Hotels in Punta Cana
toronto
“Couples can return to Natura Park”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2014

I had a pet peeve in my last review pertaining to how they treated couples as second class guests when it came to seating in the buffet. We were crammed in small tables for two by very bossy hostesses. Otherwise I thought this was a good resort. This time I am happy to report the pushiness is much reduced. Until it get full you can sit where you like with no evil stares. Chalk one up for progress.
I won't repeat the physical layout and location description but will cover what I think are important points to consider in any beach and sun vacation.
Are there enough chairs and shady areas on the beach to defeat the 6am chair hoggers. Yes there are. Idiots still do it but there are plenty left over. No need to join them. Was happy a few morning showers got their towels.
Is beach sand clean, is beach long, are there quiet spots away from typical bar area BOOM BOOM music. Yes on all counts. People mentioned sea weed floating in. It doesn't smell and is picked up regularly, benefit I saw was that kept rug rats away from kicking up sand , good thing as it can get windy.
Peddlars on the beach- there are some about 5 who just walk along the shoreline , never venture among chairs unless asked to. Was never bothered, why the beaches and piazzas in Europe are worse. We left our bags unattended lots of time no issues. Forgot my cap on chair overnight found it there the next am.
Are there water sports as promised. On this resort fails ,they only had one functioning Hobie cat, one pedalo and two sea Kayaks. Really ,that's a joke considering the volume of people.
Is buffet food up to expectation as to quality and variety. How is service level. We found the food choice very good as well as the quality. All the complaints here must be from people who eat the chicken,turkey fish ,pork, pasta , salad, cheeses all on the same plate and then complain there is nothing new the next day. If you select properly you never have to eat the same thing twice all week. As for the service it was very friendly and efficient. They run a tight ship and noticed that the slackers were spoken to by the managers.
As for the a la carte I think they are not worth it. Looks like same food as buffet. It will be quieter than buffet so a toss up. We are not here for the gourmet meal so no issue.
Room location is important as nightly show affects rooms near lobby area. We were able to move to a better location after two days. As this is a mature ,couples type resort not sure why they even try to amp up the night noise. I think tour operators- Nolitours- should do a better job of offering room selection, by the time you are there it becomes a game of roulette. We were fortunate to deal with Marino at the front desk. If all like him front desks would be better than bars.
Bartenders- considering amount of people they serve service was good. Tipping here was cheaper than home, where a buck would be thrown back in your face.

Overall it was a good week, for a sun and sand vacation. No snarky faces except from some Russian tourists who haven't yet learned to bring big drink mugs like all good Canadians.

Room Tip: As far from lobby as possible and on the outside away from central walkways used by late drinking bu...
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (278)
Ottawa, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2014

Natura Park Beach EcoResort & Spa was a great spot for us to vacation :) First off, it was only about 20 minutes from the airport which was nice to get off the plane and get to resort fast. We got checked in fairly quick and our luggage was carried to our room. Rooms were clean and had a very nice balcony you could go look at the nature and having your morning coffee. The buffets were fine and the staff was very friendly from the girl in the entry, to the person that set you, and even the people that cleaned up your table after. The 3 nights we ate at the restaurants where a nice change from the buffet style we had for breakfast, lunch & dinner most days but they did do a different theme every night. Booze was fine, cocktails a tad sweet but they put in plenty of booze to give you a buzzz. Maids did great job cleaning room up every day with cute towel animals on bed or flowers, only complaint was bed was pretty hard :( . The bars always tried to serve you anything you requested if they knew the drink and very friendly, most the bar tenders had their own little special. All bars were within walking distance and you also had beer, water & pop in your mini frig in room. The had a snack bar on the beach that was always open when no other food was available, they served hamburgers, hot-dogs & fries. BEACH WAS AWESOME & YOU COULD ALWAYS FIND A CHAIR AND MOST THE TIME A SHADED HUT OR PALM TREE. Pool area was nice and they had daily staff entertainment and activities going on til about 4pm. They also had nightly shows, I only went to one, Michael Jackson, but it was pretty good :) Loved the THRILLER <3.............I WILL SAY AGAIN, THE BEACH IS BEAUTIFUL, we walked along the beach and i think this resort has the most beach property in the area, you can walk for blocks. Tons of actives on site like sailing, windsurfing, paddle boating, kayaking that is FREE. If you pay there is horseback riding right next door, dolphin park you can see from beach, para-sailing, glass boat, snorkeling, and tons of other water activities and excursions. I would definitely stay at this resort again, I don't think i would call it a 4 star due to rooms being a little bit dated but the beach, wildlife & staff made it well worth going to and we enjoyed our selves very much. Oh, and we never seen bugs... I took bug spray because other reviews suggested it, BUT NO BUGS, I really thought with all that water we would be attacked by mosquitoes. Like I said "Great first All Inclusive". Take your sunscreen, we had 7 awesome days of laying on the beach at 85 degrees, only had a few tiny rains that did not disrupt anything.

Room Tip: If you can get a room closer to the pool or beach I think you would enjoy. But really all rooms hav...
Timmins, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2014

Stayed at Natura Park on Feb 17/24. We enjoyed it, resort and rooms are dated. Clean, food was good but repetitive. Staff was ok, depends on how much you tip$. Extremely disappointed in the beach, full of seaweed drifting in water and tons on the beach. Locals told me it's always like that! If you are beach lovers like us, don't go there!!! The seaweed has nothing to do with the resort being called "Natura", the 3 resorts on this beach are all the same beach wise. The grounds are nice with plenty of trees, ponds, birds and tropical feel. Weather was great, lots of sun!
We flew with sunwing for the 1st time and it will be our last time! Sunwing has weight restrictions for check-in and carry-on baggage that are extremely low in kg's. 20kgs for check in and 5kgs for carry on. It also is 20$ American for 1 extra kg of weight in your luggage! I don't recommend Sunwing for your travels! The sunwing rep we had was a joke. His name is Jenner, he doesn't go over anything that's available on the resort. We also had more issues with him concerning activities that we bought but that's another story! Stay away from Sunwing all together.
Overall is was a good holiday, we won't be going back to Blau Natura Park or any resort on the same beach as Blau but we will be returning to Dominican Republic but on a different beach lol.

Room Tip: Corner suites are large and sunny
Strathroy, Ontario, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2014

we stayed at this resort feb/18 to feb/25 2014. my 4 star rating is based on staff performance they are the best with the exception of the front desk staff. you would think front line staff would be the most friendly people you would meet but not at natura park. all other staff go above and beyond to make your stay enjoyable. the resort itself is dated and could use refurbishing but all is very clean. food is good a little repetitive , the a la carte restaurants served a nice menu, problems in the seafood restaurant with wait staff 1 night but the following night in the steakhouse quickly made you forget about it. steakhouse staff deserve praise, they work together as a team under domingo's watchful eye and deliver service second to none . the grounds are neat and clean ponds and creeks maintained daily, wildlife all over the resort make it great for pictures. pool area and beach always clean seaweed on the beach but remember you are at a nature resort,all in all GREAT value for money spent would go back anytime

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends
Saint Louis, Missouri
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2014

We vacationed there from Feb 16-20th. Our room was in the last building and we had a beautiful view overlooking the beach and pool. We had a suite with 2 rooms, a king size bed and two couches that were also twin beds. There were three of us so we had plenty of room. Our deck was fantastic, it was wrap around with entrances from the living area and the bedroom. It was great sleeping at night with the doors open and ocean breeze lulling us to sleep. The staff were all very friendly and accommodating. The food was good, but got bored eating in the buffet so often. You have to stand in line at 9am to make a reservation at any of the specialty restaurants for the week. When we stood in line on Monday morning, we found that all the restaurants but one were booked for the week which is very disappointing.They need to have more availability since we were only there for 5 days and only ate in the buffet and one Italian restaurant which was very good. The entertainment was very enjoyable.

Room Tip: Ask for a room in the last building overlooking the beach and pool, second floor. Great view!
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends
Haddonfield, New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2014

We had a wonderful time at this resort. We arrived on Feb 7, 2014 at about 2:30pm. We waited a couple hours until our room was ready, finally insisting at 5:30 that we be allowed to put our stuff in the room. From there on, for the next 5 days, things were wonderful. The weather could not have been better, the ocean and pool were great. The buffet food was excellent. The service people were extremely nice and accomodating, to a person. It was very crowded, but everyone kept up with individualized service. The facilities have not been kept up as well as they should, with some of the rooms with broken air conditioning, broken lighting, and generally shabby. But all in all it was a good value for the money.
The problems started on the day we were supposed to leave, Feb 12. At 9:00 we went up to the main lobby to the internet office to check our flight leaving late that afternoon, as we had been told by our Cheap Carribean/Amstar rep. By 9:15 we discovered that the flight had been cancelled, and there was no further information at that time. The rep was nowhere to be found, and could not be reached by phone. The hotel informed us that they were full, and we had to leave by 12:00. That began a 4-hour debacle of phone calling local DR numbers, airlines (the airline phone system was shut down), running back and forth to the room to get emergency numbers, pack and check out, and EVEN AN INTERNATIONAL call to the Cheap Carribean office in Philadelphia, all to no avail. No one would help us, or help with phone calls to the airlines, or even suggest another hotel to go to. We were left on our own, stranded, and it was suddenly like we were invisible, and no one spoke english. Later that afternoon just went to the airport, and the airline personnel took pity on us and booked us in a nearby resort. Our 3 1/2 day trip home, which should have taken 4 hours, had begun. Granted, there was the snowstorm up and down the east coast that weekend, but the point is that all systems seemed to fail, beginning with the staff at Natura Park and Cheap Carribbean tours. If you have any problems you're on your own. Stay away from them, as they will wash their hands of you.

Boston, Massachusetts
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2014

My husband, daughter (7) and I stayed at Natura Eco Park from February 13-February 20, 2014. We flew from Boston connecting in Charlotte NC during a named storm. Our flights were delayed and our luggage did not make the connection.

We arrived at Natura Park at 7pm. We checked in quickly, no credit card was taken. I paid 24.00 cash for the safe key and we were given 3 towel cards and lead to our room, 1139 in Villa III.

The room was older, but very clean. It did not have any odor, mold, etc. The only issues I had: Our toilet ran constantly, the sliding doors on the closet were difficult to slide, the patio light did not work, and we did not have remote for the tv. (come to find out we should have gotten that at check-in.). The room overlooked the back pathway to the beach. It was a private area not too far from the beach or the lobby, almost halfway between them both.

The room had a coffee maker, coffee, shampoo, soap, shower gel, coat hangers, an old wall-mounted blowdryer (thankfully I brought one). I also packed converters for the plugs but two-prong plugs from the US will work in the 110 outlet.

After settling in, we headed to dinner. The food was very good. We enjoyed all meals. The buffets offered quite a variety at each meal . We made reservations for the steak and Italian restaurants. They were ok, the steak was better than the Italian. My husband really did not care for the lobster being served with mashed potatoes at the Italian restaurant.

On Friday we went to the pool about 9am. Yes, there are chair savers that never show up but there were still plenty of loungers every day. The water was cool, but we swam and loved every minute of it. The beach was nice, not too rough, especially compared to the rest of the island. The conditions were not ideal for snorkeling. There is seaweed. It did not bother us, we are used to seaweed.

Semi off topic, we arranged several tours-Fishing, Buggie, and Pirate/snorkeling through Wild Tiger (on-site) and were happy with them.

We used Gobecon for transfers. They were great! They called me as we were landing in Charlotte to let me know our next flight cancelled and they remained on standby until we rearranged our flights. Once I managed to get a flight, I sent an email. They responded within minutes and also mentioned they would give the driver my WiFi device as arrival would be after 5pm. I used the Gobecon Wifi device at the resort. 3G worked at the pool and lobby, but only 2G in the room. I was fully aware the service would be slow if it even worked at all. I loved surfing the web at the pool so I would get it again.

My only real complaint about the hotel is the drinks. They can not make a decent drink at all. I am not a beer drinker and every drink they made was horrible. The mixer are lousy, the frozen drinks are all syrup, the booze is awful. I tried so many different ones, all stunk. Stick with the margaritas if you want to drink, just ask for a normal glass.

I also can not recommend the taxi service. We needed to get some items on Friday because our luggage had not arrived, the driver took us to a "store" set up for taxi drivers to bring people, we refused, so then he took us to a store that gave him coupons when we shopped . He actually drove us past San Juan shopping center to get us to these places. It was a 50.00 fare to get toothpaste, flip-flops, and some clothing items.

We checked out of the hotel at 12:00. I was so surprised when the front desk asked me for the remote back, I explained I was not given one at check in. Although I would have liked the remote (they had many English channels) the fact that he really believed me and he did not question it at all, was very nice. We were allowed to stay until our transfers. They also offered late check out for a 25.00 fee. The front desk staff was great.

My family and I really enjoyed our stay at Natura Park. It was a great value. We felt safe, did not get sick, met some great people and created wonderful memories! Please feel free to reach out to me with any questions.

Room Tip: Rooms in Villas III and higher are further from the lobby and closer to the beach and pool
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled with family

Been to Natura Park Beach - EcoResort & Spa? Share your experiences!