I had a pet peeve in my last review pertaining to how they treated couples as second class guests when it came to seating in the buffet. We were crammed in small tables for two by very bossy hostesses. Otherwise I thought this was a good resort. This time I am happy to report the pushiness is much reduced. Until it get full you can sit where you like with no evil stares. Chalk one up for progress.
I won't repeat the physical layout and location description but will cover what I think are important points to consider in any beach and sun vacation.
Are there enough chairs and shady areas on the beach to defeat the 6am chair hoggers. Yes there are. Idiots still do it but there are plenty left over. No need to join them. Was happy a few morning showers got their towels.
Is beach sand clean, is beach long, are there quiet spots away from typical bar area BOOM BOOM music. Yes on all counts. People mentioned sea weed floating in. It doesn't smell and is picked up regularly, benefit I saw was that kept rug rats away from kicking up sand , good thing as it can get windy.
Peddlars on the beach- there are some about 5 who just walk along the shoreline , never venture among chairs unless asked to. Was never bothered, why the beaches and piazzas in Europe are worse. We left our bags unattended lots of time no issues. Forgot my cap on chair overnight found it there the next am.
Are there water sports as promised. On this resort fails ,they only had one functioning Hobie cat, one pedalo and two sea Kayaks. Really ,that's a joke considering the volume of people.
Is buffet food up to expectation as to quality and variety. How is service level. We found the food choice very good as well as the quality. All the complaints here must be from people who eat the chicken,turkey fish ,pork, pasta , salad, cheeses all on the same plate and then complain there is nothing new the next day. If you select properly you never have to eat the same thing twice all week. As for the service it was very friendly and efficient. They run a tight ship and noticed that the slackers were spoken to by the managers.
As for the a la carte I think they are not worth it. Looks like same food as buffet. It will be quieter than buffet so a toss up. We are not here for the gourmet meal so no issue.
Room location is important as nightly show affects rooms near lobby area. We were able to move to a better location after two days. As this is a mature ,couples type resort not sure why they even try to amp up the night noise. I think tour operators- Nolitours- should do a better job of offering room selection, by the time you are there it becomes a game of roulette. We were fortunate to deal with Marino at the front desk. If all like him front desks would be better than bars.
Bartenders- considering amount of people they serve service was good. Tipping here was cheaper than home, where a buck would be thrown back in your face.
Overall it was a good week, for a sun and sand vacation. No snarky faces except from some Russian tourists who haven't yet learned to bring big drink mugs like all good Canadians.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to Natura Park Beach Eco Resort & SpaExperience a holiday in complete harmony with nature at our luxury Punta Cana resort, Blau Natura Park. Lush tropical gardens teeming with exotic bird life are interspersed with lagoons and bridges along winding paths which lead to the beach. Our Punta Cana luxury hotel is located on the marvelous Playa Bavaro beach, one of the best in the Caribbean. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Tingo, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Odigeo, Venere and Otel so you can book your Natura Park Beach - EcoResort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Natura Park Punta Cana
- Natura Park Beach Eco Resort & Spa
- Natura Park Beach Ecoresort Hotel
- Blau Natura Park Punta Cana
- Punta Cana Natura Park Resort
- Natura Park Hotel