“Good Vacation, poor beach!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Natura Park Beach - EcoResort & Spa

Save Saved
You added Natura Park Beach - EcoResort & Spa to your Saves list
Natura Park Beach - EcoResort & Spa
3.0 of 5 Resort (All-Inclusive)   |   Cabeza de Toro | Laguna Bavaro, Punta Cana, Dominican Republic   |
Ranked #67 of 100 hotels in Punta Cana
Timmins, Canada
“Good Vacation, poor beach!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2014

Stayed at Natura Park on Feb 17/24. We enjoyed it, resort and rooms are dated. Clean, food was good but repetitive. Staff was ok, depends on how much you tip$. Extremely disappointed in the beach, full of seaweed drifting in water and tons on the beach. Locals told me it's always like that! If you are beach lovers like us, don't go there!!! The seaweed has nothing to do with the resort being called "Natura", the 3 resorts on this beach are all the same beach wise. The grounds are nice with plenty of trees, ponds, birds and tropical feel. Weather was great, lots of sun!
We flew with sunwing for the 1st time and it will be our last time! Sunwing has weight restrictions for check-in and carry-on baggage that are extremely low in kg's. 20kgs for check in and 5kgs for carry on. It also is 20$ American for 1 extra kg of weight in your luggage! I don't recommend Sunwing for your travels! The sunwing rep we had was a joke. His name is Jenner, he doesn't go over anything that's available on the resort. We also had more issues with him concerning activities that we bought but that's another story! Stay away from Sunwing all together.
Overall is was a good holiday, we won't be going back to Blau Natura Park or any resort on the same beach as Blau but we will be returning to Dominican Republic but on a different beach lol.

Room Tip: Corner suites are large and sunny

2,509 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (272)
Strathroy, Ontario, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2014

we stayed at this resort feb/18 to feb/25 2014. my 4 star rating is based on staff performance they are the best with the exception of the front desk staff. you would think front line staff would be the most friendly people you would meet but not at natura park. all other staff go above and beyond to make your stay enjoyable. the resort itself is dated and could use refurbishing but all is very clean. food is good a little repetitive , the a la carte restaurants served a nice menu, problems in the seafood restaurant with wait staff 1 night but the following night in the steakhouse quickly made you forget about it. steakhouse staff deserve praise, they work together as a team under domingo's watchful eye and deliver service second to none . the grounds are neat and clean ponds and creeks maintained daily, wildlife all over the resort make it great for pictures. pool area and beach always clean seaweed on the beach but remember you are at a nature resort,all in all GREAT value for money spent would go back anytime

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends
Saint Louis, Missouri
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2014

We vacationed there from Feb 16-20th. Our room was in the last building and we had a beautiful view overlooking the beach and pool. We had a suite with 2 rooms, a king size bed and two couches that were also twin beds. There were three of us so we had plenty of room. Our deck was fantastic, it was wrap around with entrances from the living area and the bedroom. It was great sleeping at night with the doors open and ocean breeze lulling us to sleep. The staff were all very friendly and accommodating. The food was good, but got bored eating in the buffet so often. You have to stand in line at 9am to make a reservation at any of the specialty restaurants for the week. When we stood in line on Monday morning, we found that all the restaurants but one were booked for the week which is very disappointing.They need to have more availability since we were only there for 5 days and only ate in the buffet and one Italian restaurant which was very good. The entertainment was very enjoyable.

Room Tip: Ask for a room in the last building overlooking the beach and pool, second floor. Great view!
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends
Haddonfield, New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2014

We had a wonderful time at this resort. We arrived on Feb 7, 2014 at about 2:30pm. We waited a couple hours until our room was ready, finally insisting at 5:30 that we be allowed to put our stuff in the room. From there on, for the next 5 days, things were wonderful. The weather could not have been better, the ocean and pool were great. The buffet food was excellent. The service people were extremely nice and accomodating, to a person. It was very crowded, but everyone kept up with individualized service. The facilities have not been kept up as well as they should, with some of the rooms with broken air conditioning, broken lighting, and generally shabby. But all in all it was a good value for the money.
The problems started on the day we were supposed to leave, Feb 12. At 9:00 we went up to the main lobby to the internet office to check our flight leaving late that afternoon, as we had been told by our Cheap Carribean/Amstar rep. By 9:15 we discovered that the flight had been cancelled, and there was no further information at that time. The rep was nowhere to be found, and could not be reached by phone. The hotel informed us that they were full, and we had to leave by 12:00. That began a 4-hour debacle of phone calling local DR numbers, airlines (the airline phone system was shut down), running back and forth to the room to get emergency numbers, pack and check out, and EVEN AN INTERNATIONAL call to the Cheap Carribean office in Philadelphia, all to no avail. No one would help us, or help with phone calls to the airlines, or even suggest another hotel to go to. We were left on our own, stranded, and it was suddenly like we were invisible, and no one spoke english. Later that afternoon just went to the airport, and the airline personnel took pity on us and booked us in a nearby resort. Our 3 1/2 day trip home, which should have taken 4 hours, had begun. Granted, there was the snowstorm up and down the east coast that weekend, but the point is that all systems seemed to fail, beginning with the staff at Natura Park and Cheap Carribbean tours. If you have any problems you're on your own. Stay away from them, as they will wash their hands of you.

Boston, Massachusetts
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2014

My husband, daughter (7) and I stayed at Natura Eco Park from February 13-February 20, 2014. We flew from Boston connecting in Charlotte NC during a named storm. Our flights were delayed and our luggage did not make the connection.

We arrived at Natura Park at 7pm. We checked in quickly, no credit card was taken. I paid 24.00 cash for the safe key and we were given 3 towel cards and lead to our room, 1139 in Villa III.

The room was older, but very clean. It did not have any odor, mold, etc. The only issues I had: Our toilet ran constantly, the sliding doors on the closet were difficult to slide, the patio light did not work, and we did not have remote for the tv. (come to find out we should have gotten that at check-in.). The room overlooked the back pathway to the beach. It was a private area not too far from the beach or the lobby, almost halfway between them both.

The room had a coffee maker, coffee, shampoo, soap, shower gel, coat hangers, an old wall-mounted blowdryer (thankfully I brought one). I also packed converters for the plugs but two-prong plugs from the US will work in the 110 outlet.

After settling in, we headed to dinner. The food was very good. We enjoyed all meals. The buffets offered quite a variety at each meal . We made reservations for the steak and Italian restaurants. They were ok, the steak was better than the Italian. My husband really did not care for the lobster being served with mashed potatoes at the Italian restaurant.

On Friday we went to the pool about 9am. Yes, there are chair savers that never show up but there were still plenty of loungers every day. The water was cool, but we swam and loved every minute of it. The beach was nice, not too rough, especially compared to the rest of the island. The conditions were not ideal for snorkeling. There is seaweed. It did not bother us, we are used to seaweed.

Semi off topic, we arranged several tours-Fishing, Buggie, and Pirate/snorkeling through Wild Tiger (on-site) and were happy with them.

We used Gobecon for transfers. They were great! They called me as we were landing in Charlotte to let me know our next flight cancelled and they remained on standby until we rearranged our flights. Once I managed to get a flight, I sent an email. They responded within minutes and also mentioned they would give the driver my WiFi device as arrival would be after 5pm. I used the Gobecon Wifi device at the resort. 3G worked at the pool and lobby, but only 2G in the room. I was fully aware the service would be slow if it even worked at all. I loved surfing the web at the pool so I would get it again.

My only real complaint about the hotel is the drinks. They can not make a decent drink at all. I am not a beer drinker and every drink they made was horrible. The mixer are lousy, the frozen drinks are all syrup, the booze is awful. I tried so many different ones, all stunk. Stick with the margaritas if you want to drink, just ask for a normal glass.

I also can not recommend the taxi service. We needed to get some items on Friday because our luggage had not arrived, the driver took us to a "store" set up for taxi drivers to bring people, we refused, so then he took us to a store that gave him coupons when we shopped . He actually drove us past San Juan shopping center to get us to these places. It was a 50.00 fare to get toothpaste, flip-flops, and some clothing items.

We checked out of the hotel at 12:00. I was so surprised when the front desk asked me for the remote back, I explained I was not given one at check in. Although I would have liked the remote (they had many English channels) the fact that he really believed me and he did not question it at all, was very nice. We were allowed to stay until our transfers. They also offered late check out for a 25.00 fee. The front desk staff was great.

My family and I really enjoyed our stay at Natura Park. It was a great value. We felt safe, did not get sick, met some great people and created wonderful memories! Please feel free to reach out to me with any questions.

Room Tip: Rooms in Villas III and higher are further from the lobby and closer to the beach and pool
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
Toronto, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2014

Nice resort with a few items on the wish list. Here we go:

1. Reception/Bank: Friendly and fast on check-in and check-out. There is no bank, so you need change from reception. However, they do not like too much people asking them for change unless there's a tip involved.There is a bank machine for cash.

2. Baby crib: You have to ask for one and in our case we arrived late evening and we were told the service was closed and we'd get a crib in the morning. Luckily, we told the bell boy and he arranged a crib same night!

3. Bell boys: Friendly, fast, smiling, and helpful! Besides that, they have to bring suitcases and strollers up and down a very long flight of stairs! Excellent guys!

4. Hotel layout & grounds: The grounds are beutifully maintained and suprisingly there are not as many mosquitoes as one would guess given all the water basins. Actually, we survived without applying mosquitoe spray at all! We got only a few bites. Otherwise, the property is small enough to walk from one end to the other in short time. All facilities are located in close proximity to one another. Upon hearing "Blau Natura Park and Ecoresort" do not imagine huge, rich, and various types of natural exhibits (plants, animals, etc.). Like I mentioned, it is small. There are few water basins with fish. There are flamingoes and few other birds. There are signs indicating which plant is what (just name, no other information). That's about it. Beautiful and very nice, good idea but small. :)

5. The room & maid service: Our room was on the first floor because we had stroller. Elevators are available in some of the "Patios" but not all. There was baby on the second floor in our "patio" and they had to carry the stroller up and down the stairs each time. Definitely, first floor if you have heavy loads... The room was clean and bright. No bugs. Bathroom does not make a good first impression but everything worked just fine, no complains. Fridge worked and was restocked regularly. Maids were very friendly and nice to us. However, when we first arrived the coffee pot was not washed... it still had the previously made coffee in it. Also, we were supposed to have beach towels in our room but those were missing, so we had to go to reception and get cards for those. In addition, one of the shampoos was half used... Those slips made us upset at first but later we got to talk to the maids and ask them for few favors, so we let the slips go.

6. Pool & Beach: the pool looks nice at first but once you enter you might notice worn out spots. It might use some updating. Compared to other hotels we've been, it's a smaller pool. The pool bar does not make a good impression but there were constantly people there enjoying it. The beach is great as all beaches in Punta Cana. We spend most of our time on the beach, however it tends to get really windy at times.

7. Food: The buffet has few halls which are nice and ventilated well, but one of the halls is very stuffy. The food in the buffet is average - not bad and not great either. Although there are choices of various food, they are the same every day and that creates the impression that you eat same thing each day. The breakfast is not very rich - always eggs.. not much choice. Italian restaurant is nicely layed out but the food was not impressive. The steak restaurant was much better while we didn't like the seafood at all.The snack bar offers only burgers and hotdogs but they were tasty.

8. Check-out: There are showers for those who check-out early but leave later on. Very convinient. Otherwise, check-out was fast.

9. Shows/Animacion: We were not impressed with the shows though some of it were nice and entertaining but there were parts that did not catch our attention. The kids Mini Disco was nice distraction for the little ones. However, the Animacion stuff heading the mini disco did not have any enthusiasm at all - they looked bored and forced to dance with the kids rather than enjoying it.

10. Overall: We would visit again but not for longer than a week. It's a nice smaller resort, not much to do, and not a lot of noise. If we were looking for a nice relaxing break, this is the place. For those looking for party time, entertainment, etc this is not the right place. Wrong place for people with high food preferences but right place for those not too picky with their food.

Room Tip: Lower floors are more stuffy, however easier access for those with strollers.
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
Edmonton, Canada
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2014

Do not stay at this hotel if your young and want to have fun. I read many reviews good and bad and I still gave the benefit of the doubt and went ahead and book with this resort. After staying here for one week I wished I had listen to many of the reviews on here. The regular age for this resort is at least 40-70 years old it does offer anything fun for young adults. It was huge mistake to book here since me and my husband are young and wanted to have fun. First to start with the front desk guys speak very poor English and they are very unorganized here. (Trust me the reviews are very true) The bar closes at 1 am (so much for 24 hour drinks) There is no disco for anyone to have fun and dance just an open seating room for shows. Rooms are very old and bed are rock hard after asking many times for a king size bed we where put in a room with two double beds on our honeymoon after waiting at the reception desk after a long flight we decided to just take it. They have vendors there most of the time which harassed you to buy stuff and it gets to there point where you have to take different ways to avoid these people its very stressful and it got to the point where we had to get mad at these guys no means no so don't grab my hand to see what you are selling I am not interested. Saving the best for last...... I got a cold sore here 3 day into my trip and very upset stomach (very sick) after eating fish at a la cartel restaurant be very aware!!!! I do have some positive reviews the staff are amazing and very helpful the buffet staff where so awesome and always happy. Drinks where always delicious and food was excellent we were very happy with the grounds and beach. All in all we will never return to this hotel and I highly suggest checking out Be Live Resort if you want to have a great time in Punta Cana!!!! ;)

Room Tip: First floor is where all the bugs are if you don't like bugs like myself second floor is the pla...
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple

Been to Natura Park Beach - EcoResort & Spa? Share your experiences!