“Decent resort - get your money's worth” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Natura Park Beach - EcoResort & Spa

You added Natura Park Beach - EcoResort & Spa to your Saves list
Natura Park Beach - EcoResort & Spa
3.0 of 5 Resort (All-Inclusive)   |   Cabeza de Toro | Laguna Bavaro, Punta Cana, Dominican Republic   |
Ranked #70 of 99 Hotels in Punta Cana
Toronto, Canada
“Decent resort - get your money's worth”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2013

We traveled to the Dominican Republic for the first time this past August. We chose this resort as we had stayed with Blau in Cuba previously and loved it there. We had a great time in the Dominican and on this resort. The quality and variety of food and drink was very good. The theme nights at the buffet restaurant were also very unique and well thought out. The resort itself was older, but pretty, with lots of trees, ponds and animals all around. It was really cool to wake up and see flamingos outside your window. The pool was very nice and the pool bar and lunch buffet were great as well. The bar staff were great and made a good variety of drinks. I found the staff in the main restaurant to be slightly standoffish at times. The snack bar had a great selection as well. We found the beach to be small and dirtier in comparison to other resorts/locations we had been to. It was also discouraging to know you could only swim in the roped off area. Every night there was a show and a theme that were great. The 'animation' staff were very involved and enthusiastic which was nice to see. This resort is very nice and well kept, however, it is definitely more of a family resort or a low key couples resort. If you are looking for a 'crazy party' resort I suggest trying another one. Furthermore, we requested a beach view room with a king size bed prior to our arrival and were given a lobby view with two queen sized beds which we had to push together. When we inquired, we were told there was no spaced for us to be moved. Overall, we had a great time but are not necessarily looking to return to this resort in the future.

Room Tip: Requesting rooms closer to the lobby puts you closer to the main bar and main restaurant but you are...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Jordi2010, General Manager at Natura Park Beach - EcoResort & Spa, responded to this review, September 16, 2013
Dear Guest: It is a pleasure for me to know that had a great time with us on August. Thank you for sharing your comments with others travelers on Trip Advisor and stand out our great food, nice pool and gardens and friendly animation team. If you someday reconsider to come back to Natura Park, I would like to welcome again.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (333)
  • Polish first
Brampton, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2013

we are returning because we really are very happy with this resort, we have traveled to the Dominican three times a year, and have stayed at many of the resorts but i must say this is our favorite.
the resort is a little older but is kept spotless and clean and the staff are exceptional we have come to know many of them as we usually stay three times a year, and they make us feel like family.
when i read some of the reviews i cannot comprehend what people complain about, the food is always fresh and very well prepared.
the grounds are like nature itself and the beach is gorgeous, sure they sometimes have sea-grass but i must say they work very hard daily to keep it clean.

the pool is lovely and looked after very well i am an early riser and i see the staff every morning scrubbing and cleaning everything i know a lot of them personally and always chat with them they are extremely friendly.

i had to write this review to let people know this is an older resort but very well taken care of and the wildlife and relaxation is just wonderful.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest: I really appreciate your nice words and I am very glad to know that our hotel was satisfactory. Thank you very much for mentioning our gorgeous beach, the amazing wildlife and good food. I would like to welcome some day in the future again.

Very cordially,
Cork, Ireland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2013

It was a nice place to stay, we were helped to our room on a little baggage trolley car it was so much fun. We had a room that was ten steps from the beach and 1 minute from the lively pool so we could choose the pace. The entertainment was good, staff were friendly, the pool and beach were lovely, there was something to do day and night. The area around the hotel was beautiful with scenery, nature, birds, fish, turtles and the grounds are beautiful. The room was very clean and we were happy with it. There was a great selection of food available and opportunities to eat at the buffet or make reservations with the other restaurants. But make your reservations for your trip when you check in, they fill up fast. The staff were some of the nicest I have ever met.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Jordi2010, General Manager at Natura Park Beach - EcoResort & Spa, responded to this review, September 5, 2013
Dear Guest:

I would like to thank you for sharing with us your nice comments about your experience here in Natura Park. It is great to hear that our entertainment and food were good, the staff were friendly, the beach lovely and our environment beautiful. I just hope to have another occasion to serve you again.

Kosice, Slovakia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2013

+environment (lakes with birds, turtles and fishes)
+a la carte restaurants (excellent steak and Italian restaurants)
+nice staff (some of them don't speak english but still nice :-) )
+wide offer of beverages
+beach
+possibility to have a long walk across the wilde beach starting next to the resort

-sea grass in the sea (every day cleaned from the beach, but not from the sea)
-some of the pool showers without an operational tap
-too many and too noisy quests during the weekend

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest: Thank you very much for sharing your nice comments with us and others travelers on Trip Advisor. Your advices are useful to improve. I just hope have another opportunity to serve you in the future.

toronto
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2013

Traveled to Blau Nautura Park from Aug 3rd - Aug 10th with my wife, two adult daughters and my 3 year old grand daughter and we truly enjoyed out stay. We booked Westjet Vacations through ITRAVEL2000.com and as usual the service from both company's was great. The flight their and back was smooth and no problems with the transfers to and from the Airport.

I had emailed the resort about 2 weeks before we left and requested two rooms side by side, 2nd floor in one of four buildings and they fulfilled my request. The rooms were clean and the AC worked great, the only pet peeve is the hotel needs to install longer shower curtains but besides that the rooms were fine. The Mini Bar was restocked everyday with pop, beer and water and I would suggest you rent the safe for peace of mind. Using a key was not a big deal and the keys never demagnetize like cards can
We faced towards the ecological park north of the resort which was quite and gave us some privacy.

The grounds were immaculate and the ponds with flamingo, peacocks, geese and all the other wild life were a big hit with my grand daughter. The resort is not huge which made it ideal for my bad knees. The beach was nice and never had a problem finding a chair, the sea weed was cleaned up twice a day but for some reason this area of the beach seemed to attract sea weed all the time. The pool was nice and the swim bar was never crowed the week we were there. Also we never had a problem getting a chair here as well.

The main buffet was good for breakfast and lunch and the made to order omelets every morning made with a smile by the female cook sure hit the spot. A special THANK YOU goes out to Tony in the main dinning room who always looked after the five of us or as he called us "my Canadian family" . We only ate ate the Steak House à la carte restaurant but found the steak excellent and the location great.

All the nightly shows were good with the exception of the the Karaoke night, some people should never sing. The resort guest were nationalities from all over the world which made it nice with not one group taking over the resort.

The vendors that sell excursions were not that bad and once they realized I was not interested they left us alone. One night of the week outside vendors come in to sell their goods and you can get some good deals but you need to haggle to get the best price.

The animation team and especially Angel, Cappuccino and of course Banana were excellent. These men and women of the team work long hours for many days in a row and always have a smile on their faces and went out of their way to make "Calli's family" feel welcomed.

Would I return to this resort, probably yes which says a lot about the Blua Nautura Park as I never like to return the same resort but I might see them again next summer.

Room Tip: Tip the servers and they look after you.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Jordi2010, General Manager at Natura Park Beach - EcoResort & Spa, responded to this review, August 29, 2013
Dear Guest:
I am very glad to know that you and your family have had an excellent stay in our hotel. I thank you for sharing with us and other travelers on Trip Advisor your experience. I hope that for your next holiday allows us to serve you and your family.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2013

This is my second review about the Natura Park Resort. I just read comments about the staff not helping single women, with one 67 year old woman reporting that she received no assistance with her luggage. We found the staff more than helpful but readers are encouraged to give the staff notice! You are on Dominican time when you vacation! Do not expect to call to have someone to come get your luggage in 5 minutes. Call in advance and the bellboy will come. I travel with my 86 year old mother who rides a little red scooter. The entire staff was so nice to her. They drove her and her scooter and all our luggage to our room. The hotel is an unusual ( but very beautiful) layout as the reception is ground level on the 2nd floor and the actual resort is downstairs and there is no elevator to the reception and the gift shop is on that level too but the staff drove my mother around the back way to get her to reception. One comment on the gift shop: We wanted to buy Imodium and they were out of it and did not have any the entire time we were there (9 days) my mom needed it so I had to pay to have it delivered from a local pharmacy. The manager was very helpful in arranging for that. Such a common medication should be available in the hotel. The hotel is old and has absolutely gorgeous well established gardens and trees. If you love nature and wildlife you will love this resort. For elderly travelers, this is very handicap accessible ( with the exception of getting to the reception as as previously mentioned) My mom rode her scooter all over the resort which has nice smooth sidewalks. The reception staff was always very helpful and we found the bartenders, waiters and entertainment staff to be exceptional! (Animation members Blackie, Cappachino, Angel Are great! Waiters Daniel and Samuel. And bartenders iris and Vander. The entire staff is very cheerful and professional and always helpful! We will definitely return! This is a very relaxing resort! Ann and Debra Cox New York

• Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
Dear Guest:
I am very pleased to receive your comments and especially to know that our staff has offered exceptional service to you and your family. Also, it is satisfactory for me to know that you have plans to return in the future. Here at Natura Park will be happy to welcome you again.

Reinbeck, Iowa
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2013

Check in was great! Goit a cheeseburger at 11pm at the snack shop. It was down hill from there. We had diarrhea from day 2 on! We asked for plungers but they didn't give them out. We asked for a plummer and they said they would send one. He never came. We found the cleaning staff very helpful the next day as they got us plummer. I felt very bad for them to clean our room but we did tip them. We asked for several wake up calls and never got a one. We had to excursions planned, Zip lining and swimming with the dolphins. The first day we were never picked up, we rescheduled again for the next day and was picked up in less than good accommodation, had to stop on the side of the road switch to a like Safari truck and made it to our destination. The best zip lining is thru Scape Park's Zip Lining Eco Tour! They are so very kind and very funny! Well worth the money!!! We were then set up for the dolphin swim the next day, again no pick up. Called them and rescheduled. They came the next day and we presented our voucher from our cell phone, which when we call to book they said we could show them. Well even though our numbers matched to there papers they would not let us on the bus. We finally were allowed to use the front desk to try to print the voucher and then they refused to come pick us up! The food was so bad and you had the same thing every night. I asked for a McDonald's but they refused to take us. The people st the customer service desk were nasty and would not help in any way. Now the internet! The want 25.00 a day to use it on your phone but you couldn't use it in your room, just in the front lobby or the bar downstairs! We didn't use the safe, and if you use lose your towel cards you have to pay 20.00 per card. AND WHO DOESN'T SERVE COFFEE 24 HOURS!! They made you wait until 6AM. Even though at the snack place they would cook, but they wouldn't turn the coffee on until 6. I found a sweet cleaning lady who showed me how to plug it in!!! All the bartenders were fabulous! We were told about a restaurant 15 minutes down the beach to the right, so we decided to try and find it. They said it was shaped like a boat! So off we went. We were almost there when the police stopped us only cause we were on private property, and a man named John came forward and to very good care of us. He got us to the restaurant and it literally was a boat! We bought John dinner to stay with us because he was so very kind. I got a lobster dinner for 20.00 and it was huge! We then asked him about tattoo's he said let me make a call, 5 minutes later we were getting tattoos in the middle of this restaurant! The locals were kind there, and we did go back again! .It is a small place not for the prissies, but it was the best place ever!!!! Back to the hotel- they don't tell you the pool and the beach are PUBLIC!!! So on the weekends LOOKOUT! Kids everywhere, splashing, jumping in your face and no parent supervision! And no lifeguards! Would I stay here again, absolutely not! 2 American girls taking there yearly trip and felt very discriminated against because we were out spoken and didn't have a man with us and maybe because we were American's. We met some wonderful people from Canada, and they said they would be up at 3 AM the morning we were to leave so they would give us a second call in case we didn't get our wake up call. Well when she tried to call it just rang and rang on her end, she walked to the front desk- mind you she was elderly and had a walker and sent security to our room to make sure we got up so we didn't miss our plane! We loved her.!!!!

Room Tip: sorry there is no good tip, we asked for poolside or ocean view, got the garden, and farthest away f...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Dear Guest:
I offer my sincere apologies for any dissatisfaction you have had during your stay at our hotel and I am sorry that our hotel has not been entirely satisfactory. I just hope you allow us another opportunity to serve you in the future.

Been to Natura Park Beach - EcoResort & Spa? Share your experiences!