“Service was Good-excellent” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Natura Park Beach - EcoResort & Spa

Save Saved
You added Natura Park Beach - EcoResort & Spa to your Saves list
Natura Park Beach - EcoResort & Spa
3.0 of 5 Resort (All-Inclusive)   |   Cabeza de Toro | Laguna Bavaro, Punta Cana, Dominican Republic   |
Ranked #67 of 100 hotels in Punta Cana
Ottawa, Canada
“Service was Good-excellent”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2013

My wife and I stayed at this place first week of January 2013, Knowing that we had booked a 3.5-rating, we did not expect much. May be, we did not know if we got much because this was first all-inclusive outing. Our experience is as follows:
a) Food was fairly plenty, especially the main buffet place. We tried the steak and fish kitchens, but still found that you can more variety at the main dinning place. We enjoyed the fresh tropical fruits.
b) Shows were excellent - especially, the Stars' Night and Michael Jackson memorial. Our only reservation/caution is that if you go with children, try to get them to sleep before the adult shows!
c) Rooms were average - Looks like they need to buy new beds, redo the doors and buy better TVs. The cleaners are friendly.
d) Sand shores and water front is well equipped with chairs and shades but not well maintained. There is need for the management to remove the weeds that litter the area. Offshore weeds make place untidy!
e) Excursion hawkers by the beach and swimming area – many, many to choose from. While they might seem to be a bother, their services are far much better and cheaper than those offered by agents at the front end (e.g., Air Canada Vacations). You can get a good deal 50% cheaper. One guy, by name Gabriel (originally from Ghana) was excellent/sincere. I will recommend him.

Room Tip: Excursion hawkers by beach – are many, many to choose from. While they might seem to be a bother, th...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Jordi2010, General Manager at Natura Park Beach - EcoResort & Spa, responded to this review, February 15, 2013
Dear Guest: I am very grateful that you have written on Trip Advisor the comments about your experience in our hotel. Also, it is nice to know that you time with us have been good and excellent, besides that our service have meet your expectations. I am very pleased if your visit us some day, again.

2,490 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (271)
Corner Brook, Newfoundland, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2013

My friend and I visited last january and I wouldn't stay anywhere else if I/we visited again it would be Natura all the way for us.
Best service and friendly people all of whom was eager to help in any way they could.
Met the best tour guide ever there while on an excursion (Franklin Vasquez) and I can safely say he made our trip a much better one.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest: Thank you for your kind words and I am very happy to know that you and your friend had a memorable stay in our resort and that our services, facilities and friendly staff were satisfactory. Also, Thanks for the confidence and will be happy to serve you always.

Owatonna, Minnesota
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2013

We visited the end of Jan 2013. I was really apprehensive because of some of the reviews, but overall our stay was really great. The food was pretty good, I'd say a 4. We had some bad lobster at the Italian restaurant...don't order the Fetuchinni. The salad bar was great though, lots of unusual stuff like Mushroom salad that was marinated..great!
The hotel does need some updating...although we had a flat screen TV and the air conditioning worked fine. The couple we traveled with had touble with the toilet, no phone in their room, and a few other small issues, but the rooms were big and the staff is really friendly! One thing, English is not spoken or understood very much, so be patient. If you need excursions ask for Gabriel at "Wild Tiger" excursions! He was great and really took care of us! He can speak Spanish, English, and French very well. The people that speak English are in the minority. Lots of French Canadian, German, Italian and Russian people.
The grounds are beautiful with lots of mature trees and animals. The Attack ducks were really funny. Flamingos in one pond, and a couple of white heron looking birds. The river running through the grounds are full of fish and turtles.
It's really nice that the vendors on the beach are not allowed to come up into the crowds on the beach. They have to stay down by the water's edge, so if you want something you can alwqays go down to the water, but aren't bothered all the time while sunbathing. There was alway activities at the pool, but I didn't feel forced to participate.
There are no elevators, so be prepared to do a lot of stairs and lug your own luggage to the lobby when you leave.
On Thursday nights there are a lot of vendors allowed to set up stands in the main lobby and on the trails that sell, cigars, Mamajuana, coffee, vanilla,jewelry, statues etc. That was very interesting, and I bought some Larimar and Amber jewelry. Not the best quality, but fun for vacation momentos. You can ask for a voucher to ride the van to the shopping center. They have a modern mall and they accept US dollars. I bought a really beautiful Larimar sterling ring there that is very good quality and I'm really happy with it. My friend bought a Larimar and Amber necklace and earrings that are worked together that is beautiful too. They will usually give you a 10% discount if you ask. Natura Park is kind of remote so the trip to town is about 30 min. You really can't walk. Once a vendor thinks you like something they will start putting it in a bag like it is alrealy sold, so be firm.
We went on a Buggy trip.....if you go be prepared to get really muddy! Bring a bandana to cover you nose and mouth and sunglasess for your eyes. They provide a helmet. They take you to a beautiful beach (with vendors) and a cave where you can swim if you don't mind jumping into 25 ft of water! It was great! It was nice to wash off some of the mud. They also took us to a coffee and coaco plantation and you could purchase these and also cigars.
The excursion to Sanoa Island by catamaran was the BEST!! We had rum & coke, and lots of music and dancing in the way! When we got there you could swim and have lunch which was great. They way back was on a speed boat. They stopped in a shallow area to find star fish and take photos! We paid extra for the photos that were taken by the guides, but they were pretty great. The people there really work hard to try and make your vacation fun.
We only had plug ins in the bathroom, so if you have a medical device like a CPAP ask in advance for the ability to be able to plug this in. They makeshifted an extension cord. Maybe bring your own!!
All in all, we had a great time and it was very relaxing and paradise like. Don't let the little things spoil your vacation!

Room Tip: Ask for a room by the pool or beach...we had a 2nd floor room in #VIII patio. It was good. This is...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Guest:

It is gratifying for me to know that your holidays have been great and you have enjoyed every moment. Thank you very much for sharing your experience with us and others on Trip advisor. I just wish that for your next let us return to serve you again.

Yours sincerely,
Washington DC, District of Columbia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2013

They overbooked my first night and wanted to send me to another location, separating me from my group. After much deliberation, I bunked with my friends. Second part of this problem, NO compensation for their error! Argued much over this and got nowhere....Frustrating. Travel booker, Cheapcarrbean.com was no better they said because I didn't call them from DR they couldn't do anything for me....well I didn't take cell with me and wasn't inclined to incur international charges ( oh wait phones in room didn't work anyway). So I won't ever use them again either! As others have said about resort it's average, clean, wait staff is friendly and that's about the best compliment I'll give it.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Guest: I deeply regret any dissatisfaction that you have had during your time here in our resort. I apologies for the inconvenience with the overbooking at your arrival and thanks for mentioning our friendly staff.if you are not compensated please send your complaint through CheapCaribbean

Vaughan, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2013

My girlfriend and I took our first vacation together at the Natura Park Beach EcoResort. We arrived late at night and the broken down road and missing road lights did not inspire hope that this was going to be a great vacation. We checked in and discovered that we had a room with two single beds :((. Since it was late we let it go and decided to go and have a drink. The bar was like a spring break party; we were certainly the oldest people there. Spoke to the front desk staff and they told us to speak to Francisco the next morning - don't worry this gets much better.
The next morning was glorious, we discovered we were in paradise. The grounds of the resort are beautiful and very well maintained. Birds of all kinds abounded including Donald and Daisy the very vocals ducks that toured the resort. The buffet was always well stocked with great food - though there were some disappointments and the net was very positive.
I met Francisco and told him our dilemma. He explained that since were last minute we had to take what we got, regardless of what the agent on the phone told us. He told me that he would do his best to provide us a better room. We toured the grounds and walked on beach and returned a couple of hours later. Francisco handed me the keys to a new room and smiled. We found ourselves on the beachfront in a suite!! The rest of the vacation was fabulous. We ate at the Italian a la carte restaurant and the food was very good. The highlight was the steak restaurant - a memorable meal to say the least and the paella at lunch is not to be missed. Great food, terrific accommodations, lovely intimate environment - a definite repeat.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest: I am very happy to know that you and your girlfriend had a great vacation in our hotel that enjoys our majestic natural environment and the beauty of our wildlife. Also it is gratifying to hear that you return again. For you next visit do not hesitate contact me prior days at your arrival.

Fergus, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2013

Second time to this resort. The grounds are stunning, the food is very good, the beach is fantastic and the daily entertainers are so much fun. Look for Blacky,truely a terrific personality and always in a great party mood, they were all great,but he was our favorite.Gonna miss him. My wife and i only paid $1000 with tax for a ocean view suite. The rooms are nice but could use some work but for the time spent in your room and the money paid, well worth it. Beach bartenters could be a little more spirited but when you work 14 hrs a day no wonder they seem tried and maybe a little bored. The air canada flight was great,coming home was flying blind into toronto but was a flawless landing, i give these pilots and air traffic controlers credit,they must have nerves of steel. Over all had a blast and once again for what we paid was worth every penny. If never been to punta cana you must go,great beach,and great weather. Next year hope to try Jamacia but if i cant find a good deal and the Blau Natura is on sale again will go back again.

Room Tip: very big resort,depends what your main interests are,we are beach people and our room was right by t...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest: Thank you very much for offering us a second time to serve you, also it is a great pleasure for me to know that this experience was amazing and our services were satisfactory. Please do not hesitate contact me for your next visit.

Best regards,
can
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2013

We stayed at Natura Park Jan 23-30 and can honestly say there is not one thing we could say that is negative. This is not a 5 star resort, but it doesn't claim to be. If you are expecting 5 star - pay for a 5 star and have a good time! I should say first off that my husband and I are not looking for elegance or pampering, we prefer a resort that we feel comfortable and at home in, and this was exactly how we felt our entire time there. The food was excellent and plentiful, much better than the large majority of resorts in the many countries we have been to. Again, we are not not food critics, we are happy with fresh and tasty, and that was what we got every single meal we ate. We didn't bother with the a la cartes, we were fine with the buffets.

Our room was kept spotless the entire week, not one speck of mold and not one bug to be seen. I bring clorox wipes with me on every vacation, just in case. The container stayed shut the entire time. We had all we needed, and when the maid noticed I brought my own face cloth, she started leaving me fresh and clean ones every day. No shortage of towels anywhere at any time, clean sheets every day.

Staff were very friendly, professional, and accommodating. I know some posters feel some staff are rude, but my perception is that some (especially the grounds keepers) speak only Spanish. If you spoke to them in their native tongue rather than your own, I am willing to bet they would be just as friendly as everyone else. We brought a lot of snack size chocolate bars and gave them to the people working all day long in the heat, keeping the grounds and beach breath-taking for us. This small gesture was very, very appreciated by all of the staff, and it made for a lot of smiles all around. These people are all working very hard to support their families, just as we do, except they are not on vacation while at the resort. Sometimes this is easy to forget when we are in such spectacular surroundings!

The aminacion team are wonderful and work very hard to keep the energy levels up within a very relaxed and sluggish bunch! Every single one of them made contact with us and greeted us every day with a warm Domenican smile. They are a definite asset to this resort and deserve credit. All of the staff were warm and inviting, and I'm sure that must be quite a task day in and day out, when they are surrounded by spoiled tourists!

Our Air Transat rep gave an informative briefing, but one thing that should be pointed out is that she recommends taking a bus trip shopping at a store that a Canadian expat owns. So you know, they ask for your tour receipt when you pay for your purchases - this told me she gets a cut of the sales, there is a personal incentive for this recommendation. The store is nice and the jewellery is beautiful - but it is not low priced and it ends up being an all morning long excursion. Completely up to individuals if they go or not, but had to point out the underlying reasons for the suggestion.

All in all, we will be returning to the Domenican with our kids at Christmas time and we will be staying at Natura Park. It remains to be seen if we will risk traveling with CanJet again, that depends on how they respond to the problems that occurred on our trip home. Either way, there are lots of choices for us to choose to travel to this resort, and we will be there one way or another. We are already counting the days! If you have any specific questions at all, feel free to message. If not, enjoy every second in this beautiful, welcoming country and resort!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest: Thank you very much for the very complimentary e-mail about your recent stay at our resort. It is always nice to know when we have met or exceed your expectations. I also appreciate your sharing our pleasant experience with others on Trip Advisor and I am grateful for you mentioning the staff that helped to make your experience here memorable. Please do not hesitate contact me for your next visit, I will look forward to serve you again.

Best regards,

Been to Natura Park Beach - EcoResort & Spa? Share your experiences!