“Wonderful Punta Cana Resort” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Natura Park Beach - EcoResort & Spa

You added Natura Park Beach - EcoResort & Spa to your Saves list
Natura Park Beach - EcoResort & Spa
3.0 of 5 Resort (All-Inclusive)   |   Cabeza de Toro | Laguna Bavaro, Punta Cana, Dominican Republic   |
Ranked #71 of 102 Hotels in Punta Cana
Toronto
“Wonderful Punta Cana Resort”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2012

Just returned from spending a week at Blau Natura over the Christmas holiday. We arrived at the resort after midnight and were very impressed by the speedy check in. Being last in line the bell hops, all 4 were taking other visitors to their rooms so Francisco behind the desk, who checked us in, personally took us to our oceanfront rooms. He also saw that the rooms we were slated to be in were not together as a family and said that at Christmas we needed to be together even before we made that request. Best check in experience ever! Later we also needed towel cards and 4 were given without us even having to prove that we did not get them or which rooms were in. The trust in their clients was remarkable. Ours two rooms were wonderful and the scenery, wildlife and grounds of the resort beautiful and well kept. The pool was good for the amount of guests, without destroying the landscape and natural surroundings. There were always plenty of beach and ocean chairs. The ocean area was well kept. The food of the buffets and beach grill was good and varied with a theme night every week. It was easy here to get a variety of food. My only suggest/downfall of the resort and the reason I would give it a 4 plus instead of a 5 would be the a la carte restaurants. Although they were easy to book I would like the quality of their food to be better than the buffet. We went to all three: Italian, beef and seafood. Nice location for all of them, good service and nice presentation. The beef and seafood were the best, while the Italian was disappointing. Checkout was easy and seamless. It was easy to arrange a late checkout for a fee as we had a later flight. The decor of the resort fit the style. Our maid was wonderful and accommodating, the waiters attentive,bartenders efficient, front desk more than helpful and animation team enthusiastic. I would definitely go back to this resort again.

Room Tip: We were 4243 and 4244. Beautiful rooms and wonderful view. Would rate the resort 4 plus
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Jordi2010, General Manager at Natura Park Beach - EcoResort & Spa, responded to this review, January 15, 2013
Dear Guest:

I am very glad to know that you chose our resort to enjoy the Christmas Holidays together your family. It is always nice to know when we have met your expectations. Also, I am grateful for you mentioning the staff that helped to make your experience here such an outstanding one. When you come back, please contact to me priors days to arrival.

Very cordially,

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (286)
  • Polish first
Winnipeg, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2012

Just got back from spending Christmas at Natura. I'm not a princess but I don't like roughing it and I was scared to go to this resort after reading reviews. This resort was unbelievably beautiful with amazing food. The Christmas eve gala dinner was nothing short of spectacular with unlimited lobster, grilled fish, chicken, steak and was by far the most amazing spread I have ever seen and i have frequented many 5 star resorts. The team at Natura is fun and friendly. The grounds are immaculate and you feel as though you are in the middle of a rainforest. There were no bugs, the rooms were very clean and the beach is absolutely beautiful with warm calm waters. The seaweed on the beach is cleaned up twice per day by the staff and they work diligently to keep it clean. We booked 3 a la carte restaurant reservations and they were all fantastic with the steakhouse being my favorite. All in all we were very scared after reading the reviews on here but were so very happy we went and proved the reviews wrong. Seems like we were in a renovated room with new AC/ceiling fan, shower was clean and had a strong hot stream for showering. The snack bar is open from 10pm-6am and serves burgers/hot dogs and chicken fingers. Shows were awesome in the evening. One suggestion: play some music on the beach because when the big party boats would pass by everyone on the beach would start dancing, it would liven up the beach days. Special thanks to Noel and Daniel for making our stay the best Christmas ever!!!

Room Tip: We stayed in building number 3, second floor and the rooms seemed like they were recently renovated.
Dear Guest:

Thank you very much for sharing your pleasant stay with others on Trip Advisor. Also, I am very glad to hear that you had a great and amazing Christmas in our hotel. I will be passing on your very nice remarks to Noel and Daniel, so they can also share in the appreciation of these flattering comments. I hope have another opportunity to welcome here in Natura Park.

Toronto, Ontario, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2012

Stayed over Christmas 2012. This is a nice resort. Gardens are very nice. I like that is a small resort so you don't need to walk a mile to get around. Overall I was very happy with our stay

Strong Points. Beach is great. Food is good. Gardens are very nice. Lots of chairs at beach and pool. Small resort keeps walking down.

Weak Points. Everything is dated. Needs overhaul soon. From the room furniture to the ripped felt on the pool table everthing is showing age. Only one room key given. Lobby and Main building to much cigarette smoke. Cant get away from it. Ceiling leaked in heavy rain. AC very noisy. TV only green and blue color.

Don't let all these points make you feel its a bad place to spend a week. We had a great relaxing trip. You gotta go with the flow. Just want to point them out in hopes the owners will take note.

Room Tip: Check AC is working well before you unpack. Ours very noisy but I felt to lazy to repack and switch...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Jordi2010, General Manager at Natura Park Beach - EcoResort & Spa, responded to this review, January 8, 2013
Dear Guest:

Thank you for the very kind remarks about our resort. Also, I appreciate your advice they are very useful to continue improvement our facilities. I just hope have a second occasion to serve you some day in the future.

Mississauga, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2012

First, the most memorable part of this trip was each and every one of the amazing staff. They are so energetic and know how to make your vacation a great time especially the animation team... they are GREAT!! Unlike some resorts, they do not request tips (although they definitely deserve them).

BRING USD!!

Can't remember the building number but we were right across from a pond near the media luna (steak a la carte dinner) which was full of flamingos. It was so cute to watch them and we got lots of pictures!

A la carte dinners were spectacular!! The italian was by far the best!! (we tried to get a second reservation but couldn't). The media luna (steak) was good as well! (we actually got a complimentary dinner during the week... they invited us with an invitation to our room and it was at no extra cost, just great!). I love seafood but the seafood restaurant here was not the best.. however, it wasn't horrible either.

The nightly entertainment was great! They manage to get almost everyone into their nightly acts, even the shy ones. Each act is planned out very well and was very fun... it was usually pretty packed. There is a bar right inside the entertainment area and right across from it in a lounge type area, very convenient. After the resorts entertainment, they offer you to buy tickets to go partying off the resort for $10-$15 I think it was (we never went but many others did and enjoyed themselves).
If you participate in daily activities and win, the staff gives out awards during the nightly entertainment EVERY NIGHT! very nice :)

Food- it was good, not excellent but nothing to complain about. The omelette and pasta bars were great and I remember one lady always working who was so kind, I went everyday I was there and near the end of my vacation she made me a jar of a sweet dessert that was absolutely delicious!

People - there was a variety of different people vacationing at this resort which was great! we met some really cool people from england, quebec, russia, texas, etc..

Rooms- very clean, the cleaners decorated the rooms with flowers and transformed the towels like other resorts but its still always nice. We accidentally knocked a beer onto the bed and called for some help, immediately someone came and cleaned it.

Excursions - there are a few different desks/companies you can book with at the resort (suggested), once you find out a price for the excursions you like.. ask the other reps what they'll offer you. We got our prices lowered huge by doing that.
We did the zip line tour which was great because I was looking forward to it but there was ALOT of walking and you weren't allowed to bring your camera once you get to the mountain, oh and getting up the mountain in the busses is a ride you won't forget... I don't know how we made it (very bumpy and long).
We also went snorkelling and for a boat ride (can't remember the name) and it was decent, the boat was a big party and the snorkelling time was fair and you got to see alot.
We also did the excursion where we swam with nurse sharks and sting ray.. it was great! no pictures with the sting ray unless you buy them but other than that, it was AMAZING! you got to feed the stingray yourself, so interesting! and during your shark swim you have a guide with you (ours didn't have very good english) but you can get pictures and it was definitely worth it!

*This hotel is the first spot you get picked up from and last dropped off at (may bother some people but it wasn't too bad)

Beach- there was some clean up that could have been done on the beach but it was still great! beach chairs were often taken up very early and you can't forget to leave your towel or you'll have to pay extra. there was a towel exchange available whenever they were wet or dirty :)

We loved that the resort had enough walking to be enjoyed but not too much. As it is called "natura park", there was many different birds and naturalistic touches around the resorts.. it was different and fun to see different bids.

There was one day out of the week that a kind of flea market comes to the resort so you can buy all sorts of things that you would usually have to go off the resort for. There are the usual locals that walk down the beach to sell things but they are not as pesky as other resorts. Look out for one lady that braids hair... we got ours done for a good price and they were very kind.

There was a shuttle that went from the resort to the shopping mall quite often (no costs just tips if you choose). The mall had some great stores including a grocery store if you really can't stomach the food (I didn't meet anybody who didn't like it).

Kayaks on the beach were 100% free as well as some other activities. Some things like tubing were available (we went once) and it was cheap!

The gift shop at the resort was a little expensive... and you should NOT exchange dollars for pesos at the resort because you'll be charged extra.

I went on this vacation with my sister.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
Dear Guest: Thank you very much for the time dedicates to write your detailed report about the experience that you had in our hotel. I am happy to know that your time here was amazing and your vacation great. Also, I thank you your recommendations these are very useful to improve. I just hope to have a second chance to welcome here, again.
Very cordially,
Caraquet, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 25, 2012

Spent a week at this resort in april 2012. Went to Grand Bahia Principe in feb 2012 and hated it, Natura Park on the other hand was a smaller resort, with splendid gardens and the best beach in Punta Cana. Lots of seating areas, lots of palapas, and you didn't feel rushed to wake up at 6 to get beach chairs. Pool was awesome, drinks were amazing and food was OK. Nothing fancy; this is an older resort in need of restoration, but you did get that 'summer camp' feel to it. Rooms very clean. Overall, great resort for the price (we had it for 1100 CAD flight and hotel. Don't spend too much on this place. You will love it as much as I have.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with friends
Dear Guest:

I appreciate your nice words about the experience that you had in April, 2012. Also, I am very happy to know that our resort meet your expectations and all our services were great. Please, if you return someday, do not hesitate contact. I will be glad to have special courteous for you.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 25, 2012 via mobile

This was our second time to the resort. All of the other good reviews are correct in my opinion about the food and the rooms, they are good. The beach and grounds are beautiful and well maintained. I want to make sure you understand how important it is to make friends with the Animacion team! These guys and gals are the BEST!!! They are friendly, funny and will make your trip soooo much fun. The activities and games they run are always more fun because of their involvement. It is also a great way to make new friends from around the world with your fellow guests. Donald, Felix and Ana are the ones we connected with the most but Blacky, Fididido, Kung Fu Panda, JM, Yeya and the rest of the team are fantastic as well. We have only been to one resort that was larger so my comparison is limited but this resort is so much more intimate and personal that it truly feels like a home away from home. Not just because of the AMAZING ANIMACION TEAM but the bartenders and servers get to know you as well and are also fantastic. If you don't have a good time here, it's truly your own fault!

The Brookes family
Ontario, Canada

• Stayed December 2012
Dear Guest:

Thank you very much for highlighting the job well done of our Animation team and for mentioning the staff that made your stay here more special. Always it is very nice to receive the comments of guest as you have had an amazing time. I just hope to have the opportunity to welcome to you again someday in the future.

Washington DC, District of Columbia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 23, 2012

Hubby and I arrived to Natura Park a little before 9 at night. We were quickly checked in, got our safe-lock ($24) and TV remote, and were taken to our room, about which I was simultaneously happy and sad because being in the first building it would be close to the food and lobby bar, and the theatre, but furthest from the beach and pool. The room was a very nice size, the vaulted ceiling made it feel super-huge, nice big king size bed. There was a little bit of that "tropical" smell, but I had read about that on TA so I packed a couple scented candles that totally knocked it out. We hurried to go eat and I was pleasantly surprised by the buffet. it wasn't the largest setup, but they do have a lot of variety, and it was always possible to find something that you liked. The entertainment was cool. Some shows were better than others, but it was still nice to be able to do "dinner & a show" all-inclusive, and there is a bar INSIDE the theater! Another good reason to go see a show ;-) We were only allowed 2 a la carte reservations, so we did the Seafood and Steak. The seafood restaurant was really nice and the food was delicious, they gave us a glass of champagne upon arrival, and even a second entree when we finished the first one...LOVED IT! Only thing was that it is in the same location as the beach lunch, good use of space, but takes away from some of the ambiance. Also, may wanna take a sweater in case the wind kicks up like when we were there. The steak restaurant was awesome! The location is on the water and away from your normal path, so its almost like going into this hidden away romantic little place for a special evening. And the food was good there too, the brisket was out of this world, and they an incredible rum punch-like drink that wasn't served anywhere else on the resort. Breakfast in the morning was always nice, even if it was the same, and there was very good service with them being at the ready for coffee each time we sat down. After breakfast, we would usually go down to the beach where I had put down towels earlier (yes, the towel game is in play here), and hang out there under one of the many palapas going in and out of the beautiful blue water...so beautiful!!! The bar on the beach is a little janky, but if you are already on the beach, it is way better than going all the way back to the pool bar. Speaking of the pool bar, I didn't end up getting too many drinks from there because it was extremely cold (the bar and stools sit under a waterfall almost like in a cave), and the water was a little cloudy in that part of the pool. The animacion team did have a few different pool games and activities including volleyball, and a separate beach volleyball game, that we played; they are a very fun group so give 'em a chance when they try to get you to participate in whatever they are trying to put together. The fact that the lunch buffet is right there by the pool and beach is so convenient, made it very easy to grab your food and continue on about your day. We went off resort a number of times for excursions; we did para-sailing, snorkeling, speed boats (aka "The 007 Experience"!), dune buggy tour, the night club Imagine, pretty fun times. I would have been fine to hang out at the beautiful beach all day, but my husband is an excursion freak so there was no way that I was going to get too much rest. I really liked that there were the guys on the beach available to book excursions, and we would price shop between them and the tour operators in the lobby to get the best deal we could. My only problem with them is sometimes they would approach at an inopportune time (like when I am topless tanning. Awkward!)
As stated in previous reviews, the dinner buffet had different themes throughout the week. There were also different little alcohol refilling stations that would migrate throughout the resort. I couldn't figure out what kind of schedule that they were on, but it was so delightful to be hit with a pop-up bar on the way back from the beach offering margaritas out of nowhere!
The resort is gorgeous, and it all feels so natural and tropical, which is hard to understand and appreciate unless you have been to one of those mega resorts that scoops out a plot of land and paves over everything to the point where its more like an amusement park with potted plants than a tropical getaway. Natura Park is built into the natural landscape so the trees and ponds that you walk through on the way to the beach or the pool transport you to a remote island somewhere...wonderful experience. This is the perfect location to vacation if beach and relaxation with very good food options is your thing, not to mention that the price is fabulous when you can get a good deal. If you are looking for a party resort, this is NOT the place for you, but if you are looking for a place to truly get away from it all, you can have a great time here. I would definitely recommend Natura Park for a relaxed beach vacation.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest:

I would like to thank you for sharing with others on Trip Advisor the experience that you had in our hotel and for recommending. I am relay glad to know that our facilities, services, food and natural environment were satisfactory. Please, feel free to contact me, if some day you return here.

Been to Natura Park Beach - EcoResort & Spa? Share your experiences!