“What a great resort to have your Honeymoon!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Dreams Palm Beach Punta Cana

You added Dreams Palm Beach Punta Cana to your Saves list
Dreams Palm Beach Punta Cana
4.0 of 5 Resort (All-Inclusive)   |   Cabeza de Toro - Provincia La Altagracia, Punta Cana, Dominican Republic   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #16 of 99 Hotels in Punta Cana
GreenLeadersSilver level
Cork
“What a great resort to have your Honeymoon!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2010

We had our honeymoon in the resort. It was such a lovely resort, very modern and well maintained. It's all inclusive (all food, beer, coctails & spirits). The staff were extremely friendly and professional. The bedrooms & bathrooms were lovely and modern, fitted with air-conditioning and a fan. The room came with bathrobes, plenty of towels, shampoo, shower gel, conditoner, show polish etc. The showers were nice & powerful. The towels were changed twice daily. The only complaints about the bedrooms were that the bedsheets were slightly damp, and although we stayed at the resort of 10 days, our sheets were not changed once. The bedrooms were cleaned during the day and turned down nightly; where you'd get chocolate and an activity sheet for the following day. The resort has five restaurants, and one large buffet style restaurants serving during the night. During the day, there's plenty of food available at the buffet and at the beach restaurant. The food is top class. The service in the restaurants were excellent, except for the buffet restaurant, called the World Cafe; it was hard to get service there and if you weren't watching your plate, it would be taken from under your nose, even when you weren't finished eating! There are two large pools in the resort, one with a swim up bar, which was a huge hit! There were plenty of sun loungers, but contrary to notices that they could not be reserved and left unattended, people would put towels on them first thing in the morning, and only use them for a few hours, reserving them for the full day; leaving sun loungers in shortage. Towels were available at the pool, one towel per person per day. There were a number of shops, gift shops, internet cafe etc. within the resort. The internet cafe was a private enterprise and expensive. Every second evening, a market would be set up in the resort by locals, we bought some lovely presents there, but the locals were very very pushy. There was no shortage of activities run by the hotel, volleyball, beach cinema, casino, nightclub, shows, live entertainment, rum tasting, but to name a very few activities that went on from 8am to 2am. The beach was gorgeous and well kept; true Caribbean style with the palm trees. We did the Dolphin Explorer (swimming with Dolphins) and Bucaneros (driving a two-man speedboat to a snorkelling area, and then snorkelling), which we'd highly recommend; we booked this through our tour agent. The hotel had it's own free watersport activites such as kayaking, sailing, windsurfing. The hotel had a segway course, beach volleyball court, pool volleyball net. There is a scuba diving on the resort. Glen, the Scuba Diving Instructor, runs free scuba diving lessons in the pool each morning and evening. If it's your thing, for a fee, you can go on a scuba diving experience, or even get certified. We did the scuba diving experience which involved two hours training in the pool, and then a scuba dive approx. 8 metres down in the sea, which was spectacular! Whether you want to relax during the holiday, or do all the activities in the world, this resort is just the place.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,652)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
Toronto, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2010

We arrived and the lobby was breathtaking, very modern and welcomed by very friendly and helpful staff. The service at this hotel is remarkable. My favourite line was "My pleasure" at any request you would ask of them. Most of the staff spoke very good english with little spanish being spoken. Our first room was very damp and wet. The floor was slippery and the curtains had mold on them, however the were quick to move us and perhaps it was just that room, not to mention the abundance of rain.

The food was fantastic! We had spent our week prior at the Majestic Colonial for our wedding and we thought that food was good but Dreams was much better. The food was less 'greasy' and easier on the tummy. Always a nice selection and very nicely presented. The only downfall was the breakfast buffet, it was hot, outside with no AC, service was poor took till nearly the end of your meal to get water/coffee. Which was agrivating when you are hot and bothered.

I hate going to resorts to have to wake up at 6am to get chairs/huts. That is not my idea of a vacation. Several times there were NO space around the pool whether it be in the shade or sun. Same for the beach. The beach was alright, the view was of fences out in the water and busy with boats did not make for the best view.

This resort was absolutely service oriented and it was fantastic for that. The food was awesome (even had it's only little cafe). You don't have to wear wrist bands, you don't have to make reservations for food, which was a nice change.

Spa was also very nice and much enjoyed. Beautifully decorated with lovely staff.

Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2010

Overall, a really great vacation spot in the DR. Great hotel, nice selection of a ala carte restaurtants (Chinese/Japanese, French, Italian, Mexican and Beach). Serafin the executive chef was nice, circulated through all the restaurants to speak to the majority of patrons. Not a fan of when he sat with us, that was awkward and unnecessary.

Service was great- we found the male wait staff really personable, especially Obispo and Wilkins- they really were fantastic. Female wait staff were mostly okay, the greeters were really great. Cleaning staff weren't the greatest, most spoke no english, and you had to mime what you wanted.

Room: We had a basic room which was fine, loved the DVD player and the MP3 charger. Our bathroom looked like the photos. but it was not quite as nice in the photos, it really needed to be re-done, especially the shower-

Entertainment/Nightlife: we've been to several all-inclusives in Mexico, DR and Cuba, and this was by far one of the best. As the resort isn't overly large, the majority of clients relax in the hotel lobby- it was busy every night. People playing games, music, the flame-throwing bartender, live music beside the lobby with small cafe tables set up. The disco was okay - though they tend to play a lot of annoying techno music that's hard to dance to. They had a great bonfire on the beach with music, it was awesome!

What i liked least: two nights they permitted vendors to sell things, they were very aggressive and didn't make me want to even look. The gym is TINY, clean but really small. 6 people in there is too many, it gets really crowded and kind of annoying having the trainer hanging over your shoulder. I didn't find the maids were that thorough in cleaning the bathroom area either, I lose a lot of hair, and most times it was not cleaned up.

Highland, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2010

We stayed 9 days and we loved every minute of it. The food was EXCELLENT in the World Cafe. My family loved Chef Serafin Garcia. He was everywhere every day. We saw him in other restuarants and other places around the resort. The entertainment was great! They are sure some clowns. Rey (Sugar Ray) and his half brother Gasolina was great! My kids are 14 and 10. They were treated with respect and served very well by everyone. Simom became one of my sons friends. He would always say hello to my son and ask him what we all had been doing. There are so many good people working there it is unbelievable. We never used the Explorer's Club because my kids weren't bored. Angela was great helping me in the Spa. My son was sick and she made me feel at home and told me if he need to call me he could and she had me call him from the Spa and give the extension number so he could reach me. The Itialian restuarant, Portofino is okay. We are used to the really good Italian on the Hill in St. Louis. We loved the Himitsu restuarant. Adulfo and Victor were great. Made us all laugh and the food and service was EXCELLENT! The Mexican restuarant, El Patio is okay. The margarita were great. The food was average. Our waiter was Novus and he was nice and polite. We did not try the Seaside Grill except for breakfast and it was fine. We did not go to the French restuarant because we were told they do not except kids. Barefoot Grill on the beach was good for lunch when we wanted just something quick. My french fry kid was extremely happy. Coco Cozy Corner Cafe had good pastries and coffee. Not like American coffee. Stronger but good. The World Cafe had so many people looking after us and helping us and waiting on us - well Robert always saw us and pulled the chair out for me. Felix and my husband became friends and he served my husband plenty of shrimp and fish. My son is picky so they would make him a steak. We had my nieces wedding at this resort and our dinner was at the World Cafe. Angel, Simon, Robert and a few other were very helpful and polite. My children said this was the best vacation we ever been on. Each night they have an activity going on. They have something going on all day long if you want to do something. My husband and kids finished their scub lessons there. The person at the resort is P.A.D.I. certified. We went on an Outback Safari and it was very educational about the people and climate. My husband went deep sea fishing and he loved it. They have vendors come in two times a week to sell you items so you really don't have to go off the resort unless you want to. The only down side was the airport leaving. The lines were horriable at American Airlines and a female TSA agent took my umbrellas. She said it was not allowed but in America they are allowed. I think she just wanted my umbrellas. You have a half mile walk to the plane and then they card you again. We went thru several check points. More then you do in the USA.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled with family
Markham, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2010

All i have to say was AWESOME the food was good but some did not look to good for example squid salad which would not be for me but everything else was PERFECT to the bone and the service was Phenomenal

Stayed February 2010, traveled with family
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2010

This was my first time in Punta Cana, and my first Dreams so it was an experience. It wasn't in the best location, it seems like it's pretty far away from the rest of the resorts. Also on Friday nights there is a beach party that plays ghetto like music til 2:30 in the morning so that was a negative. This is not the resorts fault as the party is farther down on the beach but it did cause a problem. Ok, now....First, check in was easy. We got a room w/ a Garden View. My friend and I travel to the beach every year and always strive for Ocean Views. We were shown one but informed it was in the Preferred Club, not wanting to pay for that, we declined but talked to our Apple Rep who long story short got us into a Preferred w/ Ocean View for no extra charge. The room itself was very nice w/ just a few flaws. One, there is never enough storage space-we had one drawer a piece (only two of us) and only a few hangars to hang our stuff. The bathroom was nice but the shower is open on one end so if you aren't very careful you could flood the whole room as the door to the bathroom is just a hinged glass door that doesn't go to the floor. You do get a mini bar and you can request that certain drinks be added. The balcony was very nice. The pools were nice. There are 3 pools-the main pool which is very large and has a fountain and the swim up bar, the preferred pool which has a jacuzzi in it and a pool next to the main one that is more for relaxing. There is also a kiddie pool. The food was ok. Definitely not the worst resort food but not the best either. There is quite a variety in the main buffet but lots of repeats. There are 7 places to eat. The main restaurant or the World Cafe is a buffet, here is where the worst service is and its at breakfast. The waiters here in the AM act like they don't want to serve you. We waited forever for cokes! The last few days, I took my own. You can get anything from hamburger and hotdogs to pizza to steak here. They also have the theme nights here. They had seafood night and Dominican night just to name a few. They have 4 specialty restaurants: French, Italian, Mexican and Japanese which I'm told also has some Chinese food. We had the French which was decent and Italian which was good but we both had a little bit of an upset stomach the next day. The food or too much sun, I'm not sure. The 6th restaurant is called the Seaside Grill by night which is open air and serves steak, during the day it is for the preffered folks. The 7th is the grill on the beach for hamburgers and hotdogs. All the restuarants have bars w/ exception of the beach one but there is a pool bar not far. There is also a large lobby bar. There is also a casino which is very small but something to do I guess. There is a disco where there is always something go on as well. The resort was very clean, someone was always cleaning. There was lush greenery everywhere, it was really pretty. The beach was ok, it was extremely large but we did see a cut power cord sticking out in the sand once. When we got there there was a lot of seaweed but it disappeared. If you have never been here, expect a calm sea. Not the waves of Cancun! The entertainment was awesome, best ever in a resort! Richard who is one of the managers goes out of his way to entertain. Special mention to Gasolina, Sugar Ray and Julio who will do anything to get a laugh. The staff (except for the breakfast buffet crew) are phenomenal. Raul, who works the front can tell you your room number three days after he moves you in! Our last night we got several phone calls from the staff asking us if there was anything they could do since we were getting ready to leave including letting us make a reservation at one of the restaurants that are usually reservation free. So pick Dreams Palm if you choose but in a nutshell expect average food but expect to laugh your butt off.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled with friends
Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2010

The staff at this resort love their jobs, and it shows! They all go out of their way to say hello and make you feel special! Food is great, no reservations needed, no wristbands or towel cards...first class! Will definitely go back!

• Stayed May 2010

Been to Dreams Palm Beach Punta Cana? Share your experiences!