My partner and I stayed here from Nov 24-Dec 8. We were a little concerned 2 weeks would be too long, but after two weeks, we still weren't ready to leave. What makes this hotel so wonderful is the staff. When you treat them with appreciation, kindness and respect, they will treat you the same. Willy, Rey and Jose....u guys amazed us and kept things fun and entertaining....the beach bar attendents, Pedro and Juan Merceles couldn't have been more attentive. Lobby bar attendents were always entertaining and smiling....Clemente, Ignatio and Mayerlin. We miss you all. The food in the al la cartes was the best we've experienced in the 5 times we've been to the Dominican. The buffet was ok in my opinion, my partner thought it was great. Great beach and the maintenance on the beach was the most present we have ever witnessed. A special thanks to Pedro the Residence Mgr for his quick response to a couple of minor room issues we had. They were handled promptly and full of apoligies.
Our tips: if you like to float around the pool, take your own blow up with you, as they are limited and people don't leave them in the pool when they are not using them. (We took our own and were glad we did) Take insulated mugs. If you are planning an off resort land excursion, take bug spray, and b4 you go on the excursion, ask how long the ride to the destination is and the type of vehicle you go in. We went ziplining and the ride to and from was too long from this resort (1 1/2 hrs each way), open bus, which meant you smelled deisel and ate dust the whole time. You actually only spend about 45 mins. actually ziplining/walking trails. We did not do the preferred club, so won't comment on that except to say that we couldn't see much advantage for the extra price. Common sense and courtesy go a long way.....use them both and you will enjoy this resort immensely!!!
- Also Known As:
- Dreams Palm Beach Punta Cana Hotel Punta Cana
- Dreams Palm Beach Punta Cana Hotel
- Allegro Punta Cana
- Occidental Punta Cana
- Occidental Allegro Punta Cana
- Punta Cana Occidental
- Sunscape Punta Cana
- Punta Cana Dreams Palm Beach
- Punta Cana Allegro
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Facing the Caribbean Sea, white sand beach and lush gardens, Dreams Palm Beach Punta Cana boasts 500 spacious rooms and ample suites surrounded by swaying palm trees and views of endless blue waters stretching to the horizon - the perfect setting in paradise. Take advantage of all the unlimited luxury activities Dreams Palm Beach Punta Cana has to offer. Swim, sail, snorkel or windsurf in the turquoise Caribbean, enjoy fine a-la-cart dining, sip favorite cocktails at one of our bars. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with BookIt.com, Expedia, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Tingo, Priceline, Orbitz, getaroom.com, Travelocity, Venere and Agoda so you can book your Dreams Palm Beach Punta Cana reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.