“Excellentee, fun enjoyable holiday” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Dreams Palm Beach Punta Cana

You added Dreams Palm Beach Punta Cana to your Saves list
Dreams Palm Beach Punta Cana
4.0 of 5 Resort (All-Inclusive)   |   Cabeza de Toro - Provincia La Altagracia, Punta Cana, Dominican Republic   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #16 of 99 Hotels in Punta Cana
GreenLeadersSilver level
Portsmouth, United Kingdom
“Excellentee, fun enjoyable holiday”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

My son has just got married in Dominican, they had been before, I had this terrible image of what to expect and I didn't get any of what I was expecting, I was expecting rain and thunderstorms which I'm terrified of, but not one thunderstorm just beautiful hot weather, normally I would lay in the sun, I couldn't it was too hot, still tanned in the shade though, it was lovely to plunge in to the pool to chill down but the pools were like bath water, Luke warm. It was just stunning, the resort is so clean, they work round the clock, it was just perfect, the bar guys were excellent and trying so hard to keep up with demand, I did not meet one miserable member of staff the whole two weeks there, there all so friendly and obliging. The food was amazing, they catered for everything and it was all perfect, bit too appetising at times!! The room was basic but nice and all the mini bar was inclusive. the maid made you feel like a king and queen, very clean and comfortable, often when we got in for shower and changing, they would knock the door to see if you had enough towels, can't say fairer than that. The entertainment was amazing, I've never done so many things on holiday, I cannot express enough words to say how excellent the entertainment team were and so very friendly, funny and brilliant dancers. the drinks are all branded which was very nice once you got the right lingo, ie martini and lemonade comes as martini and cloudy flat lemonade but once mastered martini and sprite, all great. So many things to do in a day if you wanted too, we went on the morning walk and I laughed so much, it's a great therapy and I said I wouldn't do anything like that, I said I wouldn't be interested in a beach party, but I did, I said I wouldn't do any excercises n the morning walk, but I did and I enjoyed every moment. My son and daughter in law wedding was just fab, at home it felt like the communication was a bit poor but once out there, we were very very impressed with the communication and with the way it all went. The wedding was just amazing and I know they are all pleased with how it went, read the review from Emma and James. We also did a outback Safari, something else I said I wouldn't do, it was one of the best days of my life, it was amazing, because there was 23 to out party we took up most of the truck, George and Raymond who took us on the trip were excellent, truly lovely people, honestly I can't say enough about this place and the people, brilliant, brilliant,excellentee. also really loved the tam dance, they are amazing dancers. My husband dived, not a lot to see, there was a wreckage but because the sea is the Alantic side and not the Caribbean not many fish to see.

Room Tip: We were the only ones in our party to have a downstairs room, which was great for my needs, but noth...
Green Features: Great lighting, takes a bit longer to charge devices with low voltage but all good, cannot put toilet roll down the toilet though, can't odds that
  • Stayed April 2015, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,654)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
Montreal, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

Resort - Very nice property. Well kept grounds and very clean. you can do a circle walk in under 15 minutes, so everything is a short walk.

Staff - Probably the friendliest I have across ( Preferred side and all the restaurants ). Didn't find any difference in service with tip or not. (Still suggest tipping !!!)

Beach - Awesome ! Little seaweed as I had read from other posts; it's also sea grass that is loose which you can easily take a step over...nothing to worry about. The beach is white icing sugar powder, not ruff and granular. The beach stretches for miles in either direction and going to the left, you can walk a couple of miles with turquoise waters and just palm trees...no other resorts, just peace and quiet. There is a natural reef about a mile out that breaks the waves so the water at the beach is very calm which makes swimming and just floating very enjoyable! Vendors are around but no hassle. They must stay below the high water marks !

Food - The a la carte's were above average. If you stay in the preferred section, you get exclusive access to seaside grill, where you can be served all meals, which we really enjoyed. Only ate at the buffet once for breakfast. Standard resort food. For lunch you can also get traditional American hamburgers, hot dogs, fries, nachos near the beach. We also enjoyed the fresh fish filleted and cook right at the beach grill once a week...would say a must try. The rest of the week, this grill cooks a variety of poultry and steaks for lunch crowd. There is also around 16:00 the kabob card being pushed around the resort with chicken or beef skewers for snacking on.

Pools - Preferred side were quite and relaxing. The standard side pools is where the entertainment team did their work. Lots of mindless fun, or you could just sit back and enjoy the drink of the day and read. Lots of loungers.

Bars - 1 swim up on the standard side in one of the pools. No bar directly on the beach, but there are waiters or you could walk the 30 seconds and find one. I know that you could get top shelf brands on the preferred bars but I don't know about the standard side bars.

Room - Stayed first floor. Ours I consider small. Room for King bed, small round table with 2 chairs, a small living room chair and the bureau with the flat screen tv on it. TV is not HD so don't be shocked, but there is a good selection of channels if you have a rainy day. Room had a musty smell and it was damp. Incense are provided but with the dampness, the matches didn't work so well. Found if you leave them in the mini bar you got better results. The shower is built for 2 with tons of extra room. Loads of water pressure and no issues with hot water. I found the really large window, partly frosted, which looks into the bedroom from the shower a little odd. Standard thin walls. King bed which was very comfortable although it was just starting a sag towards the middle. Pillows and blankets were very comfortable. Maids started about 08:30. Had initial issue with a constantly running toilet, but it was repaired within minutes of call the concierge. No bathtub. Maid service was spot on.

Room service - Standard menu. Couldn't order a bottle of wine for a night in, which I found annoying as we have always been able to order alcohol at other resorts we have been at. Not the end of the world, but for a 4 1/2* , I expected a more of "anything we can do for you".

Entertainment - Always something going on during the day. You can get the daily entertainment sheet which will give you the times and locations of activities. The animation team were full of energy and very talented. The evening shows were above average from other resorts. The main show theatre is converted to the disco after the nightly show. It is located at the back of the resort so you don't hear it from your room. there is also a casino next to it. The kids & teen zones looked awesome ! Large area away from the parents with loads of games and things to do ! Wi-Fi is included in the Preferred package or you can purchase it in the standard sections.
*If you participate in the entertainment activities you are rewarded with Dreams money which you can accumulate and use to purchase items at the Mon-Wed-Fri auction. This is not advertised and should be included in the activities daily paper to encourage and explain what the money is for. Picked up a bottle of rum, a dreams baseball cap and a dreams T-shirt !

No sure if I missed it, but didn't see any night where the vendors are on site selling merchandise in the plaza area.

Overall, a great time was had. Would go back. Loved the Beach ! It is a solid resort with no nasty surprises.

Jackson, New Jersey, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

My husband and I just returned from Dreams on 5/2. We were there for 7 days. We had a "GREAT" time. We had a first floor room in building 8, which I thought was very close to restaurants, beach and pool. Our room had a king size bed and faced the rear which had a beautiful view of palm trees and flowering trees. I would sit on the terrace and drink my coffee and just gaze at the beautiful scene. There is plenty to do without ever leaving the resort. The entertainment staff is EXCELENTE. If you go here you will be saying excelente and hola many times a day. The entertainment staff works so hard to make you happy. My favorites were Teddy Bear, Machine, Victor and Ribar (spelling?). They make you smile so many times a day. Other reviews mentioned mold, dirt, etc. we saw none of this. If you are in a different country you can't expect it to be as home. That's why we travel. The room was very clean, the bed comfortable (king) and the service AMAZING. The food was good our favorite being the Seaside Grill. Our room was spacious and very clean. We never saw any bugs as other reviews stated. The only thing I was not really crazy about was the bathroom. There is a frosted see through door into the toilet/shower area. Then the shower has only a one sided door so you have to make sure you have towels on the floor (we brought back our pool towels and put them on the floor. Not a big deal to us, made it more unique. If you adjust the shower head you can get it to go to the side. The grounds are beautiful and kept well manicured. ALL of the staff are so friendly with a "hola" from everyone. It is a family resort so if you are looking for an all adult atmosphere this is not it. As I said, we went as a couple, but it wasn't like it was over run with kids. Actually, I enjoyed seeing the kids enjoying themselves. I would definitely recommend Dreams. My favorite impression was the entertainment staff and how hard they all work to make you happy. The beach had some seaweed, but it is an ocean, I don't know why people get so worked up over seaweed. The sand was white and so soft. Chairs are pretty easy to secure. You are not supposed to do this, ssssh! but my husband would go put towels on the chairs, we would have coffee and then go to the pool or beach. Seems a lot of people did this but no one ever noticed. We were not preferred but we were treated as we were. Definitely a great time!!

Room Tip: Get 2nd or 3rd floor
Green Features: I was very surprised to see how much recycling they do. Everywhere you went, you had 3 different bins to dispose of your trash. The resort was very clean and well taken care of. The pool was sparkling at all times.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW via mobile

The staff went out of their way to help you! They were always sooo helpful and made the trip very entertaining! Friends birthday so they went out of their way to make her/all of us special! Room service was very good, and the food in all of the restaurants on site were delicious! Felt very safe in the resort which was very beautiful and relaxing! Loads of activities, and entertainment! Would definitely recommend I will definitely be visiting again

Stayed April 2015, traveled with friends
Marlborough, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

My wife and I just spent 6 nights at Dreams and had a wonderful time mainly due to the exceptional staff. They go out of their way to make you feel welcome and part of their family. The service is absolutely phenomenal!! The beach is beautiful with ample lounge seating and palapas, along with great service from Joel. There was not much seaweed at all while we were there, as mentioned in other reviews. We stayed in the Preferred Section which I highly recommend as the adult pool/preferred lounge is new, and features the only bar at the resort that you can sit at with bar stools (other than the swim up) and pour some of the better drinks. Also, you can expect daily high-fives, knuckle-knockers and loads of excellante's from Felix at the adult pool and top level drink/food service from Bernardo, Juanito and Luis (who my wife affectionately refers to as "skippy"). The rooms are a bit dated and ours did have a musty smell (1st floor patio level), but they're comfortable, clean and well-kept. Also, beds are very comfortable. We did have a situation in which smoke started coming out of our air conditioner, and the staff was quick to help...Ines (who is awesome at concierge) was right there checking on things and had another room for us just in case, while Eddy in maintenance had it fixed in 10 minutes...could happen anywhere. Once again, a testament to tremendous service and a very talented, dedicated TEAM!! I also have to give a shout out to Rafael at Preferred, Sue and Jenny at the Spa, Mayo the bellman, Felix and Hector at SeaSide (the best restaurant at the resort!! Fantastic Breakfast with the best fried potatoes!!). Overall the food was OK to good, depending on where and what you ordered...some standout dishes were the lasagna at Portofino, Ribeye & Filet at SeaSide, chicken/beef kebabs from the Kebab Cart...don't know his name but we will never forget his whistle at 4:00 letting you know they're ready!! This a top notch resort and I'd highly recommend it as the staff goes above and beyond to make it an experience!

Room Tip: Stay in the Preferred Section!!
Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

We attended my nephew's wedding and it was BEAUTIFUL. We did not get the upgrade, but we were very pleased with the service we received. EDWIN took excellent care of us on the beach and at the wedding reception. Rayber was the water aerobics instructor and did a great job. We tried archery and the instructor, well he just handed the bow to us, was very funny. The pool area was clean . The breakfast buffet was good. I would definitely go back! The staff is there to please.

• Stayed April 2015, traveled with family
Montreal, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

This was our first vacation away together as a couple. My girlfriend had stayed in a Dreams Preferred Club last year and loved the experience. Although this time we did not go with the Preferred Club, our holiday fantastic nonetheless. Every single member of the staff was attentive and demonstrated a high level of customer service. Even though we were not in the VIPS sections, we were still treated as though we were. The highlight of our vacation was the romantic beachside dinner. The service led by Carlos and Ricardo was top notch! If you are thinking about booking a vacation at this resort do not pass up on the opportunity to reserve this romantic evening. The food was outstanding, the accommodations impeccable and the beach was spectacular. We loved it so much that we would not hesitate in booking another vacation at a Dreams property. Thank you to everybody who made this vacation memorable.

Room Tip: Go with the Preferred Club
  • Stayed April 2015, traveled as a couple

Been to Dreams Palm Beach Punta Cana? Share your experiences!