This was my second trip south, the first trip was to Cuba which I absolutely loved. The tone for my trip to DR was set upon arrival at the airport when we were bothered getting off the plane with people trying to take our picture (which they try to sell to you when you leave).
Our room was okay, fairly clean, but I wasn’t a fan of the glass door to the bathroom that had large openings at the top and bottom!
The food was a bit bland, but okay, or at least we thought until we both ended up sick for the majority of our trip (remember the bathroom door . . .)
The staff that worked at the resort were constantly harassing us to buy things or participate in activities. We would try to take an alternate route to get to the buffet so that we could avoid being harassed. And forget about trying to walk to the beach without being bothered. I tried to be polite at first and tell them I wasn’t interested, but after a couple of days I realized that being rude was my only option. We ended up not spending a lot of time at the beach, not only because of being pestered, but because there was seaweed all over the beach. I had heard that Punta Cana has really nice beaches, but upon arrival I was told “not at this end”. The water was very dirty and had jelly fish, so we decided to hang out by the pool. This was a better option, but we were constantly asked to participate in activities. One staff member actually pulled a girl right off her beach chair! Another staff member was splashing people, very unprofessional.
The nightly entertainment basically consisted off non-professional staff members recruiting people from the audience to do the entertaining. But if you thought that you would skip this and head straight to bed, forget it, as you could hear them loud and clear from your bedroom. The walls were very thin.
- Also Known As:
- Dreams Palm Beach Punta Cana Hotel Punta Cana
- Dreams Palm Beach Punta Cana Hotel
- Allegro Punta Cana
- Occidental Punta Cana
- Occidental Allegro Punta Cana
- Punta Cana Occidental
- Sunscape Punta Cana
- Punta Cana Dreams Palm Beach
- Punta Cana Allegro
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Facing the Caribbean Sea, white sand beach and lush gardens, Dreams Palm Beach Punta Cana boasts 500 spacious rooms and ample suites surrounded by swaying palm trees and views of endless blue waters stretching to the horizon - the perfect setting in paradise. Take advantage of all the unlimited luxury activities Dreams Palm Beach Punta Cana has to offer. Swim, sail, snorkel or windsurf in the turquoise Caribbean, enjoy fine a-la-cart dining, sip favorite cocktails at one of our bars. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with BookIt.com, Expedia, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Tingo, Priceline, getaroom.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Venere and Agoda so you can book your Dreams Palm Beach Punta Cana reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.