My husband, myself and two children (aged 12 and 8) were on holiday here 16 Aug to 28 Aug. We all had an amazing time. I will list five good points and five bad points about this hotel so you can decide for yourself whether this is a place you would like to go to.
Good points :
1. the staff cannot do enough for you. They are polite, friendly, professional and always greet you with a smile.
2. the hotel facilities and grounds are kept clean.
3. the hotel is about 20mins from the airport, which is great when you are landing after a long flight with restless children.
4. the activities are well-organised and provide light relief for adults and children alike.
5. the preferred section certainly has its benefits - lounge area with snacks, pool area, and private beach section, and larger rooms.
Bad points :
1. we had to change rooms after being shown our room upon arrival. I wasn't happy with the hair we found in the sink and bathroom floor, plus the AC didn't appear to be working efficiently, plus there was a smell in the room. (Room 2111). We were then told only the Preferred rooms were available, so we upgraded after the first night.
2. the food selection in the World Cafe (their main buffet place) did become a little uninspiring - but then again we were there for 12 days. Perhaps if you were going for a week, it would be ok.
3. the World Cafe needs AC or powerful fans. It would sometimes be quite uncomfortably hot during lunchtimes and evenings.
4. I can't think of a point 4 - but at a push, I would say that the vendors that sell their wares at the hotel twice a week can be a bit pushy and aggressive. If you do buy from them, do a lot of haggling!
5. I can't think of a point 5 at all!
All in all, we loved our holiday and would go back again. We were made to feel like family, and after sorting out our initial room problem the rest of the holiady went very smoothly indeed!
(I have done the ratings for cleanliness and rooms based on our Preferred room, not on our initial room).
- Also Known As:
- Dreams Palm Beach Punta Cana Hotel Punta Cana
- Dreams Palm Beach Punta Cana Hotel
- Allegro Punta Cana
- Occidental Punta Cana
- Occidental Allegro Punta Cana
- Punta Cana Occidental
- Sunscape Punta Cana
- Punta Cana Dreams Palm Beach
- Punta Cana Allegro
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Facing the Caribbean Sea, white sand beach and lush gardens, Dreams Palm Beach Punta Cana boasts 500 spacious rooms and ample suites surrounded by swaying palm trees and views of endless blue waters stretching to the horizon - the perfect setting in paradise. Take advantage of all the unlimited luxury activities Dreams Palm Beach Punta Cana has to offer. Swim, sail, snorkel or windsurf in the turquoise Caribbean, enjoy fine a-la-cart dining, sip favorite cocktails at one of our bars. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with BookIt.com, Expedia, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Tingo, Priceline, getaroom.com, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Venere and Agoda so you can book your Dreams Palm Beach Punta Cana reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.