“Beautiful resort for destination wedding!!!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Dreams Palm Beach Punta Cana

Save Saved
You added Dreams Palm Beach Punta Cana to your Saves list
Dreams Palm Beach Punta Cana
4.0 of 5 Resort (All-Inclusive)   |   Cabeza de Toro - Provincia La Altagracia, Punta Cana, Dominican Republic   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Hot Hot Hot Saving!
Ranked #23 of 100 hotels in Punta Cana
Cincinnati OH
“Beautiful resort for destination wedding!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2013

We stayed at Dreams for my daughters beach destination wedding. It was wonderful. The staff was fantastic. Upon arrival, we were greeted by numerous staff members , handed a mimosa and cool towel. Ask for Alexander, the best butler ever! Always there for every request.. We were in the preferred club , so check in was private and quick. Our bags were loaded on a cart and we were escorted to the check in with more food and drink then taken to our room. Preferred club room with the ocean-view! The best room ever! The wedding went just as my daughter dreamed. Beach side ceremony and dinner party and bar set up at the beach .
Shout out to Johanna for the great wedding planning. The beautiful bouquets were made just as requested by the bride!! Moving on to the entertainment crew. They are perfect for the job. You must find Woody and Gasolina!! It's a must to get involved in the games and shows. They are lots of fun. They got to know all 31 of us there for the wedding and always said hola and a high five when they saw us! The food was very good also. We didn't visit all the restaurants but the one we went to most was the cafe. Always had an assortment that satisfied everyone's hunger. Wish I didn't have to leave and will most definitely return when the opportunity arises.

Room Tip: The preferred rooms are well worth the extra money. You have a separate pool and beach if just to g...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Management-Palmbeach, Public Relations Manager at Dreams Palm Beach Punta Cana, responded to this review, July 6, 2013
Dear Guest,

Please receive the warmest greetings from Dreams Palm Beach. We appreciate you taking the time to comment on your recent stay at Dreams and we are extremely happy we were able to fulfill your expectations.

Thank you for recognition towards our staff; rest assured that your kind words will be shared with our team members.

We look forward to welcoming you pretty soon so that you are able to re-experience and enjoy what Dreams is all about. See you soon!

Best regards,

5,207 people have reviewed this hotel

1938
2083
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,189)
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
Miami, Florida, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2013

We chose to have a destination wedding. Now, planning a wedding is stressful, but imagine planning a wedding in another country....the staff and wedding department at Dreams Palm Beach could not have been better. My husband is in the restaurant business and can be pretty picky. They tailored our wedding to his request. The staff at this resort made us feel like ROYALTY! From the time that you arrive everyone is friendly and courteous. The resort is very clean and you constantly see the staff cleaning and pruning the hedges. Everyone goes out of their way to make you happy. Now this is a poor country, so even $2 tips means a lot to them. My husband realized his passport had expired the night before we traveled, so when I arrived at the resort I shared his mishap with the staff (they all knew we were getting married). Luckily, he arrived that night and all the staff for the week we were there greeted him and laughed with him about the incident. I share this because it shows how personal everyone was. Yessica, one of the waitresses from the World Café even gave me some earrings as a gift for my wedding. I mean, really? How thoughtful was that. Pedro and Luisa, who stocked and cleaned our room would surprise us daily with a bubble bath or fresh flowers. They would twirl our curtains and lay out my lingerie on the bed, absolutely beautiful. Carlos from the Preferred Lounge was great. Bryan, our beach waiter was hilarious and made sure we always had cold drinks in hand on the beach. Cristina, our wedding coordinator and her team of girls were AMAZING! Wendy, my hairstylist couldn't have been sweeter and what a great job she did! I read on some reviews that the chairs were old and there was too much sea grass, but to be honest the chairs were just fine and I live in Miami and I have never seen anyone clean up the seagrass here, but they sure do at this resort! The only advise I have for anyone who comes here that is to specify what kind of alcohol you want. If you do not specify will get the cheap Dominican stuff. If you're a rum drinker Brugal, the national stuff is great and pretty expensive in the states. Coco loco's are delicious! I can't say enough how amazing this experience was. I highly recommend to everyone. My wedding party totaled 50 people and everyone left super happy!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
warminster pa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2013

I had organized this trip for family and friends and everyone had a great time!

Pros: Without a doubt the employees of this resort are by and far the best asset. No one can do enough for you whether you are a heavy tipper or not. Special shout out to Hector on the beach, who was absolutely wonderful, fun and the hardest worker I have ever seen. Carlos, in the preferred area. Always cheerful, smiling and remembers everyone. Victor and Jonathan in the pool bar. You deserve a medal for putting up with us for an entire week. Many, many thanks for taking such good care of us and our Bubba kegs!

The rooms are very nice, clean and well appointed. A few of us were celebrating our birthday's and on arrival they had placed a birthday cupcake with a candle in the room. Very nice detail. There was service 2x a day.

The specialty restaurants were great! No need to get up at 8am to make reservations. Just show up. If one was too crowded and the wait was long, we just moved on another. The food was very good. Our favorite was the French and Japanese restaurants but all were really good.

Beaches were lovely. The seaweed was not a problem most of the time. No problem getting chairs.

The entertainment staff was exceptional. Julie and Gasolina were exceptional. Full of energy, kindness and tons of fun.

The shows at night were for all ages and were well organized.

30 of us went on a snorkeling trip organized at the beach with Raoule. We had the best time ever! Thanks to all on the boat and Lovins for the great pics.

We used Preito tours for the transportation and they were just fabulous! Thanks Fireinie!

Plenty of activities throughout the day. I wish I had taken advantage of more of them.

The resort is not too big. Just right and very well maintained.

I was amazed at how many weddings they hosted and yet it never impacted anyone else on the resort. Amazing!

Cons: I agree with the other reviewer to stay away from the Amstar horseback riding trip. Nightmare and not as advertised. The resort did say that they were not affiliated with them but if they book trips on the resort property, I would say that they are a reflection on the resort.

One of my family members had to change rooms twice due to the wrong bed configuration the first time and then multiple issues in the second room. They were offered a new room but were still planning to post the old room to another guest. Not sure why they would do that.

Another person in our group that was in the preferred section had a leak in the ceiling with water pouring down the wall. They addressed it right away but due to a rainy day, it took the whole day to put a temporary fix to the problem.

Note that if you are on the 3rd floor, the air conditioning does not cool off the room as much as the lower floors. If you like your room cold, choose a lower floor.

We would definitely come back to this resort again! We all had a great time!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Guest,

Greetings from Dreams Palm Beach. Thank you for having chosen Dreams as your vacation destination and for sharing your comments in regards to your vacation. We are glad the whole group had the opportunity to enjoy what our beautiful location and resort has to offer.

We hope that you’ll have the chance to return in the future, it would be a pleasure to host you once more.

Best regards,

4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2013 via mobile

I would like to just start of the review by saying this is a nice family resort, how ever there were a lot of minor issues with theses rooms, for one the bathroom setup is horrible every time u shower water gets on the floor, a lot of my guest were complaining about the fridge & tv not working properly, we'll as a bride there are a few details that the resort doesn't mention, if u book a wedding to be outdoors and it starts to rain that they put you and all your guest in the main buffet room also what ever extra services u pay for as far as dj,gazebo on beach,dance floor, and ect. Are a total lost. They don't present a forecast until the day of your event.Over all have to say the wedding coordinator put everything together every lovely for my event. The only down fall was pictures and video. It was not professional at all if u have family members that can take ur pictures your better off I paid extra for photos and i think my 5yr old could of done a better job

Stayed June 2013
Belfast, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2013

We stayed at Dreams for 2 weeks for our honeymoon and it was fantastic!! The staff honestly can't do enough for you!

When we arrived we were greeted with a cocktail and a hot towel....perfect after a long flight! We were staying in the preferred club so we had a private check in which was done very quickly! Preferred club was excellent, definitely worth the extra money. You have private pool, separate part of beach and use of the Seaside Grill for breakfast and lunch which is great. Room is lovely also. As we were on honeymoon they has decorated the room and left us a fruit platter and sparkling wine...this was a lovely touch!

We tried all the restaurants, they are all very good but our favourite was the French. Best steak we have ever had! Drinks are great as well - especially the chi chi cocktails!

The staff were absolutely amazing!! They seriously can't do enough for you and nothing is too much trouble! They are some of the nicest people I have ever met! The entertainment team are fantastic also, they do everything to ensure you have a grea holiday!

All in all it was the best holiday I have ever had, pure luxury and total relaxation!! We can't wait to go back!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

Greetings from sunny Dreams Palm Beach. It is our desire to ensure our guests experience is both exceptional and memorable and we are glad we were able to deliver this during your vacation. It is very satisfying to read that you enjoyed everything the Preferred Club has to offer. Thank you for highlighting our staff; they really do give their all to please our guests on a daily basis.

It was more than a pleasure to have served you. Please know that here you have a home away from home in Punta Cana and a family ready to take care of you.

Warm regards,

Newmarket
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2013

We will be going back to this resort for visit number 6 at the end of August and just can't wait to get to our home away from home. The staff there treat you like family and royalty! You can't ask for better treatment and this is wether you tip or not......they are willing to go out of their way to do anything you ask. We always stay in the Preferred Club and belive it is well worth the money. The rooms are great.....spacious, comfy bed, nice tv......bathtub is great! We have to give a big thank-you to Mr. Pedro Tomas the hotel GM.........he is so great at what he does and just loves to interact with the guests, you always see him walking around or playing volleyball with the guests during the special game. He has put together an amazing staff and runs a fabulous hotel that we will keep coming back to for years to come. I am probably the pickiest eater inthe world and I love all the food at all of the restaurants.....the Seaside grill and the Italian are our favourites! We have recommended this resort to alot of people and those that went loved it as well! We can't wait to be there next month and cannot wait to see all of our friends. Excellente!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Room Tip: Preferred Club........building 3 or 4.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Leslie,

Greetings from Dreams Palm Beach. Thank you for your loyalty towards our hotel and for your lovely review. It fills us with great happiness to read that we continually strive to exceed your needs and expectations and we hope to continue doing so.

Please know that you are family to us and that your home away from home awaits. See you next month!

Warmest regards,

glasgow
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2013

My new husband and I along with 17 of our closest friends & family spent the most amazing two weeks at Dreams Palm Beach for our wedding 15th june - 29th june. Can I start off by saying the people who give this hotel a bad review can not have stayed at the same hotel as us. We honestly cannot find one fault with this resort. Our whole group loved it! They actually said it exceeded their expectations.

For almost two years I have been reading TA everyday to see what people think of the resort. Worrying myself silly any time there was a negative review. As we had chosen the resort on behalf of our friends & family I wanted it to be perfect! And guess what...IT WAS.

I could not be happier with our choice in resort. Everything was excellent from start to finish.

As soon as we arrived I knew we had made the right choice.The hotel grounds were beautiful. When we arrived I couldn't believe how beautiful it looked, even though I had seen a million pictures before. The photos just don't do this place justice. We were greeted in the lobby with an iced cocktail and a cool towel. We had upgraded to the Preferred Club so we were taken there by a member of staff to the Preferred section where we were greeted with a glass of champagne and a welcoming smile.
The staff in the Preferred Club are truly amazing. Alexandra & Mailena treated us like Royalty the whole two weeks. Every time they passed anyone in our group they knew who we all were and always asked if everything was ok with our stay. They went over & above to help us with anything we needed. Thank you ladies .. you are amazing!

The Preferred club lounge was great. There is a bar, computers with free internet & they always put on great snacks all day. It's nice & cool in there so was good to sit & have a drink before dinner.

The free wifi was worth the upgrade alone. Our group was never off the internet.

The Room – We stayed in The Presidential Suite. The first thing I remember about the room was how cool it was when we first opened the door. The air conditioning had been left on and it felt lovely after being out in the hot sun. The room was out of this world. Very spacious with a massive super king four poster bed separate dining room, living room office area & 2 bathrooms, one with a huge walk in shower, Jacuzzi tub. Shampoo, toothbrushes, toothpaste, shower gel, hair dryer etc all provided in every room. . There was also a mini bar stocked daily with fizzy drinks, water and beer. We never saw a bug in our room the whole two weeks we were there. Our room was always immaculate.
The maid would leave towel art on the bed with fresh flowers.
The beach and pool – The beach was gorgeous. Soft white sand, palm trees and clear water. It nearly brought a tear to my eye the first time I seen it. You can walk for miles in each direction. There is a Dreams guard on the beach all day to stop vendors coming up to the sunbeds, so they don't bother you at all. The vendors are actually really friendly to be honest. I have read in a few reviews that they are pushy but we never met anyone like this. Maybe it is because we are friendly back??
We never had a problem getting beds at the pool or beach, no matter what time of the day we went down there. Sometimes we would sit by the pool for half the day and go to the beach in the afternoon and we still always got a bed. There is waiter service on the Preferred beach; you just have to watch out for him. He brings food also. You didn't even need to leave your sun bed to go get lunch.
The main pool area was massive. There are two pools.One has a swim up bar which was great. It was never a problem getting a bed by the pool either, although the best shaded spots were always usually taken by midday. The other was quieter. Then there was the Preferred club pool which we liked.
The food was great. There was always something for everyone. We are both quite fussy eaters and we were always overwhelmed by the choice of great food in the restaurants. We never had one bad meal in the two weeks we stayed there. One thing is for sure, you will not go hungry here. We loved the fact that you did not need to make reservations at the restaurants days in advance. This has been the case in the AI's we have stayed in before. You could eat in the A la Carte restaurants every night. We only ate in the buffet twice in two weeks for dinner.
During our stay we tried out all of the restaurants. The French & Italian were our favourites. Although the Teppanyaki was the best fun. I really enjoyed all the restaurants.
The coffee shop is great. It is like a mini Starbucks. I don't drink much coffee in the heat so it was nice to cool down with a frozen Baileys or Frozen caramel. They have lots of delicious cakes too (yum)

The resort also has a casino & nightclub on site. We had a lot of fun in there. My friend actually won $1000 in the casino over the two weeks.

The staff – The staff are what makes this hotel truly special. You can tell they really love their jobs. We were always greeted by a smile and a friendly hola throughout the whole day. They work so hard and will always do their best to help you. They are always so full of energy regardless of their 12hour daily shifts.
There are activities going on all through the day so you can do as much or as little as you like. The evening shows were always fun. Everyone we met spoke good English. I noticed someone on here said “if you don’t speak fluent Spanish, don’t bother going”. We don’t speak Spanish and we never had any problems communicating with any of the staff.

Overall this resort is EXCELLENTE! You will not regret your decision in booking here. All 17 other in our group loved it. We cant wait to go back at some point in the near future. :)

Now for the future brides. I can not begin to tell you how perfect & amazing our wedding day was. The wedding co-ordinators do a great job here. We couldn't have wished for anything more. Our co-ordinator Julie is the nicest person I have ever met & she went over & above to exceed our expectations every time. Don't think about having your wedding here, DO IT!! You will not regret it! I did a lot of research & I am so happy with our choice of resort.

Our photographer and videographer were excellent. I can not say enough great things about our choice for both. Our photographers Georges & Mili from GGGPHOTO http://www.gggphoto.com/ were AMAZING!! Trust me I did a lot of research on every photographer in the Dom Rep and I am so happy I stumbled across them. Our pictures are breath-taking (if I do say so myself) Anyone we have shown them too has said they have never seen wedding pictures like it. They captured the whole day so perfectly that our friends & family that couldn't make it said they felt like they were actually there. You both are unbelievably talented! Up & coming brides, you DEFINITLY need to check out GGGPHOTO. They are so reasonable and you will not regret them!! AMAZING!
Our videographer was also AMAZING!! I am so so happy with our choice in using Florian from Video Punta Cana. http://www.videopuntacana.com/home/home.php. He shot the whole day & edited it so beautifully. He is super talented and every time I watch the video I notice something different about the way in which he edited it . I am so glad we have this video as on the actual day I didn't take anything in. It just goes past so quickly. I am now able to relive the whole day every time I turn on the DVD. So thank you Florian for giving us this! You are awesome! Ladies, you need to check out Video Punta Cana for your day. You will not regret it!!
We used Pastor York for our ceremony. WOW!! There was not a dry eye on the beach! His wording was so personal to a bride and groom & their families & friends. I am so glad we booked Pastor York. Everyone loved him! No wedding should ever be without him!! You are amazing at what you do! Thank you!!
We used DJ Mannia for our reception. They kept the party going all night. I am so glad we booked them. Our party just wouldn't have gone down the same if we didn't. The staff were amazing at introducing everything. Everyone LOVED them! They are so worth the money! As was the lighted dancefloor. It looks beautiful in our pictures & video.

Overall I cant see how any other resort could compete with Dreams Palm Beach for a destination wedding. You will not be disappointed in your choice.

Room Tip: We found Preferred club to be worth the money.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Guest,

Greetings from Dreams Palm Beach. Congrats on your wedding! Thank you for making us part of this special celebration. We are thrilled to read that Julie, your wedding coordinator, exceeded your expectations and delivered the wedding of your dreams. Furthermore that you enjoyed all facilities our hotel has to offer our guests.

It is very rewarding that your experience was both exceptional and memorable. We look forward to many more celebrations and vacations with you.

Warm regards,

operaciones.drepb@dreamsresorts.com

Been to Dreams Palm Beach Punta Cana? Share your experiences!